test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Equipment Vanished After Transwarp

jslynjslyn Member Posts: 1,788 Arc User
I used the Transwarp To Defera command. While my ship went, when it reappeared my freshly-upgraded Weapons, Aegis Set, and Fleet Consoles had all vanished. The ships in my storage show the items as still existing, but if I try to remove them then they just disappear. It was also a pain in the rear to limp across Sector and Map Space with no engines.

I submitted a Support Ticket, of course. I just wanted to let you guys in the community know in case this is a bug that is not just effecting me. Be careful when using the Defera Transwarp ability, guys and gals.

Comments

• baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,825 Community Moderator
    Damn that new fangled transwarp technology! It jumps the ship and leaves the engine behind.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • oldschooldorkoldschooldork Member Posts: 426 Arc User
    And this is what happens when you just come to a stop while going ludicrous speed without slowing down first.
    AGpDi8m.gif
    I don't care what the header says, I am not now, nor have I ever been, nor will I ever be, an "ARC user".
  • jslynjslyn Member Posts: 1,788 Arc User
    Man, can someone back at Earth Spacedock Transwarp Beam by stuff to me. My crew seem to have forgotten that we need engines to fly. This is what happens when you make an Aenar your XO. :|
  • feiqafeiqa Member Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    jslyn wrote: »
    I used the Transwarp To Defera command. While my ship went, when it reappeared my freshly-upgraded Weapons, Aegis Set, and Fleet Consoles had all vanished. The ships in my storage show the items as still existing, but if I try to remove them then they just disappear. It was also a pain in the rear to limp across Sector and Map Space with no engines.

I submitted a Support Ticket, of course. I just wanted to let you guys in the community know in case this is a bug that is not just effecting me. Be careful when using the Defera Transwarp ability, guys and gals.

Don't fold in a gravity well and never aim for just behind the moon.

(Otherwise good luck and I hope you get your stuff back)

Originally Posted by pwlaughingtrendy
    Network engineers are not ship designers.
    Nor should they be. Their ships would look weird.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    That really sucks, I hope you get your stuff back soon.
    Insert witty signature line here.
    edited February 2017
    I hope so, too. Thank you for the well-wishes.
    Don't fold in a gravity well and never aim for just behind the moon.

If only had been using one of the transformable destroyers. Preferably with an as-yet-unreleased Franklin music-based attack console. A pity I never got the Dyson space fold engine.
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Damn that new fangled transwarp technology! It jumps the ship and leaves the engine behind.

Did'n the Voyager crew have similar issues... Something about nacelles being ripped off at warp 9.nuts?
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
    edited February 2017
    More importantly, if we can get to Warp 10, we can unlock special Captains.

Well, after working with them a few times, Support has decided to pass along my Ticket to someone else. Now, I am not a game developer so I can only guess, but if illusionary versions of the missing items can be seen on my other ships in the same locations as the missing items, shouldn't they be able to copy that data or add items of the same type to my inventory? The fact that they can be seen but not interacted with ought to suffice as proof that I am not lying. *le sigh* I am just frustrated.
    More importantly, if we can get to Warp 10, we can unlock special Captains.

Well, after working with them a few times, Support has decided to pass along my Ticket to someone else. Now, I am not a game developer so I can only guess, but if illusionary versions of the missing items can be seen on my other ships in the same locations as the missing items, shouldn't they be able to copy that data or add items of the same type to my inventory? The fact that they can be seen but not interacted with ought to suffice as proof that I am not lying. *le sigh* I am just frustrated.

That really depends on how they build it...

Just because an item looks like it exists in a slot, it may simply be a hash-value of an item, that will generate based on a number in one column, ship slotted column, ship "ghost" slotted, and so on...
    Basically just a template showing what COULD be slotted, but wasn't refreshed when the items were deleted....

Long story short: Databases can be some wonky stuff (I should know... I manage 3x 183 seperate database tables where half of them get refreshed 20-30 times a day...)
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Mm. Good to know. I don't know anything about database. But really, don't mind me. I was just venting. :)
    For the record in case anyone else comes across this bug, the only way to fix it is to rollback the account a couple of weeks. So I did get my stuff back. I just lost out on the Event Rewards and Reputation Items that I had picked up since the bug hit half a month ago.
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    be thankful you only lost equipment...you could have had one of your crew hyper-evolve into a newtamander, kidnap and convert you into a newtamander too, then r.ape and impregnate you​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
    edited February 2017
    I should hope not. That Captain is very much a closed-off introvert. She would not approve.

And the crewman would be saddened to learn that they would not be getting a promotion for impregnating the Captain.
    Post edited by jslyn on
  • tempus64tempus64 Member Posts: 806 Arc User
    I had something weird the other day. I had a console that was on my main ship and also assigned to the shuttle. I got a better version and so took the old one off my main ship and put it in my inventory. Played a bit longer, quit the game and then a few hours later came back. Did some missions and then was organizing my inventory. Maybe at this some point in here I did a transwarp, I can't remember, but all of a sudden I noticed an empty spot in my inventory that hadn't been there just a few minutes before. I originally thought things were disappearing. I finally figured out though that it was the console and that it had magically transported itself from my inventory onto the shuttle.
    That was likely because you had dual equipped. Weird, but that happens some times.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User

To be honest, you're not making a whole lot of sense. Your gear disappeared: that much I get. :) But what does this mean "The ships in my storage show the items as still existing"? Ships, plural?! And what do you mean you tried to remove them when they're not even on those ships?

So, here's what you do: if a piece of equipment is 'greyed out' on a ship, it means it's located elsewhere. So, activate said ship, to pull it back in; or, if this was your current ship, switch back and forth between another ship, and see if they re-appeared. Switching ships is always the best method; if that doesn't work, though, try switching loadouts.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    To be honest, you're not making a whole lot of sense. Your gear disappeared: that much I get. :) But what does this mean "The ships in my storage show the items as still existing"? Ships, plural?! And what do you mean you tried to remove them when they're not even on those ships?

I shall attempt to be more clear, MeiMei. :)

By 'Ships In Storage' I mean the ones that are non-active in the Ship Selector Screen. (I don't know where they go when their are deactivated. For all I know the captains just stick them in a storage unit off by the side of the highway. *shrug*)

What I mean by 'Still showed them as existing' is that the ships in the Ship Selector screen that shared similar loadouts continued to show icons of the vanished equipment. They display the Item Names when moused over but do not list the Mark nor Rarity.

When the ship is activated, the 'ghost equipment' cannot be used, ie: the weapons do not fire, the shields provide no protection.

When I attempted to remove a piece of equip, that item would disappear. It would not go in to the Inventory. It would not go in to the Bank.

If the empty slot the item came from was clicked on, the item would not appear in the list of equipment that is eligible to be slotted.

Is that easier to understand?
    So, here's what you do:

I appreciate the suggestions. I had, however, already attempted those. :)

edited February 2017

I shall attempt to be more clear, MeiMei. :)

By 'Ships In Storage' I mean the ones that are non-active in the Ship Selector Screen. (I don't know where they go when their are deactivated. For all I know the captains just stick them in a storage unit off by the side of the highway. *shrug*)

What I mean by 'Still showed them as existing' is that the ships in the Ship Selector screen that shared similar loadouts continued to show icons of the vanished equipment. They display the Item Names when moused over but do not list the Mark nor Rarity.

When the ship is activated, the 'ghost equipment' cannot be used, ie: the weapons do not fire, the shields provide no protection.

When I attempted to remove a piece of equip, that item would disappear. It would not go in to the Inventory. It would not go in to the Bank.

If the empty slot the item came from was clicked on, the item would not appear in the list of equipment that is eligible to be slotted.

Is that easier to understand?
    So, here's what you do:

I appreciate the suggestions. I had, however, already attempted those. :)

Thanks for the clarification. :)

Items that are listed as present elsewhere, the 'ghost' items, always behave like you described, btw (not showing Mk or Rarity when equipped on another ship or in bank). They should come back, of course, once you make ship Active. Since that didn't happen, I'd probably leave it 'as is' for now, until Support had a look at it.

I almost went bananas once when I only *thought* my Epic Tachyo had vanished (I could fortunately retrieve it); so, yeah, I can understand how you're feeling. Hope they get it sorted for you soon.

EDIT: What I tried with the Tachyo, back when, I suddenly remember, was opening the Upgrade panel, and click in there to get the list of all items. And there, from the bows of purgatory, it could be retrieved, after all. :)
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,413 Arc User
    So TW ability is essentially a bugged hazard that's unsafe to use until we see mention of this being fixed in the patch notes.

I've used TW occasionally and never encountered this bug. Hoping that others are made aware of this, and if they too end up with lost items that they report here or in bug forum as additional evidence.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
    valoreah wrote: »
    anazonda wrote: »
    Did'n the Voyager crew have similar issues... Something about nacelles being ripped off at warp 9.nuts?

Yes, specifically in the episode "Threshold".... which we do not discuss on these forums...

Why not? the idea that our species will eventually turn into amphibians is extremely appealing... Makes the whole "lizard-people rule the world" interesting.
  • nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    Huh weird. I lost a few items when I dismissed a ship that had items in the visual slots. Be careful of that...
    Tza0PEl.png
    edited March 2017
    Since that didn't happen, I'd probably leave it 'as is' for now, until Support had a look at it.

I did. I tell you, MeiMei, going from a Vengeance to an Akira has a bit of readjustment period. Doubly so when your gear choice is between Gold MK 7 or White Mk 10.

The Support GMs said that their records did not show my equipment. Despite the Ship Selector’s Ghost Gear and Screen Shots that I provided, as near as they could tell I had never owned the items to begin with.

My ticket got passed from person to person up the GM chain. Eventually, the only solution that they could come up with was to rollback my Account to early February. They did not know if it would work, but it was all they could do. The gamble did pay-off though, and I ended up getting my gear back but I also lost out on everything pre-rollback. That includes the Omega Upgrades, the Lightning Kit, my fresh Iconian Set that I had been running queues over and over to get, aaaaand a couple of my Reputations now need a few weeks of redoing to complete again. Sucks, but it’s better than trying to re-upgrade a full loadout.
    So TW ability is essentially a bugged hazard that's unsafe to use until we see mention of this being fixed in the patch notes.

As far as I know, it has only happened to me. This thread was about giving people a head’s up. I know that it kinda sounds like I came to whine, but that wasn't the intent.

nikephorus wrote: »
    I lost a few items when I dismissed a ship that had items in the visual slots. Be careful of that...

I have never used the visual slots. I’ll keep that in mind though (I do like the Aegis hull glow).

anazonda wrote: »
    Makes the whole "lizard-people rule the world" interesting.

Where do you think that the Tzenkethi came from?

The Support GMs said that their records did not show my equipment. Despite the Ship Selector’s Ghost Gear and Screen Shots that I provided, as near as they could tell I had never owned the items to begin with.

My ticket got passed from person to person up the GM chain. Eventually, the only solution that they could come up with was to rollback my Account to early February. They did not know if it would work, but it was all they could do. The gamble did pay-off though, and I ended up getting my gear back but I also lost out on everything pre-rollback. That includes the Omega Upgrades, the Lightning Kit, my fresh Iconian Set that I had been running queues over and over to get, aaaaand a couple of my Reputations now need a few weeks of redoing to complete again. Sucks, but it’s better than trying to re-upgrade a full loadout.

That's just sick! I find this a good example of *very* bad support! The moment they rerolled you, and saw you verifiably possesed the items you claimed, they should then have immediately re-rolled you to your current state, and have restituted you the items in question, plus handed you a huge apology!

I also see you're taking this very well. :) I wouldn't have.

P.S. Cryptic, fix your damn forum software! Had to retype it all, as my post vanished again after editing. Grrr.
    3lsZz0w.jpg

I also see you're taking this very well. :) I wouldn't have.

P.S. Cryptic, fix your damn forum software! Had to retype it all, as my post vanished again after editing. Grrr.

I was displeased. I told them as much, in a polite manner. That was what got me the rollback in the first place. Their original conclusion was essentially "oh well." I see the loss of some Event Items as the lesser loss. Losing all of the upgraded equipment would have been worse. It was, like, $100 USD worth of dilithium used in there, plus things I couldn't get back like a Red Matter Capacitor. Mm. I hope the lightning, crappy as it is, is not a one-time-only deal, too.

Also, I totally had to rewrite my long post up there because it gotten eaten, too. See? The forums totally hearty-heart us.
  • makocallowaymakocalloway Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    Speaking of the VOY episode we do not speak of, didn't Beverley Crusher in TNG All good things give the order to set course and engage at warp 15 or something?
    5rFUCPd.png

• corelogikcorelogik Member Posts: 1,039 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    Speaking of the VOY episode we do not speak of, didn't Beverley Crusher in TNG All good things give the order to set course and engage at warp 15 or something?

Yes, in an alternate timeline. I believe it was the series finale of TNG, when Q was time jumping Jean Luc back and forth through 3 timelines to "save" the Human race. She was Captain of a medical starship in that one.

I've used TW occasionally and never encountered this bug. Hoping that others are made aware of this, and if they too end up with lost items that they report here or in bug forum as additional evidence.

I use TW all the time. It's not necessarily bugged, just seems like for some people.
    "Go play with your DPS in the corner, I don't care how big it is." ~ Me
    "There... are... four... lights!" ~Jean Luc Picard

Warp 13 in All good things I think... And the official reasoning for that was a re-defined warp-scale like between TOS and TNG.