test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The Arena of Sompek - Prove Your Worth

Hey folks! As the designer for the Arena, I'd love to see your videos of gameplay or at least screenshots of how far you made it. Who will be the first team to make it to round 100?

Comments

• Options
    bossheisenbergbossheisenberg Member Posts: 603 Arc User
    Starfleet Liberty Force will answer the call of duty! We will meet on the field of battle, and crush our enemies in the arena until the last toon falls! Our best warriors are eager for glory, and many songs will be sung of fallen heroes. Qa'plah!

- Cesska
  • Options
    doyouwdoyouw Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    Voh'dka, my ground eng, just soloed it ;) NEXT !
    Dark Side (KDF)
    HOUSE OF BORG
    "I am FLATULUS of Borg, Resistance if Futile! Prepare to pull my finger!"

cube.jpg
  • Options
    melange#3807 melange Member Posts: 28 Cryptic Developer
    doyouw wrote: »

Holonovel or it didn't happen
  • Options
    valkfxvalkfx Member Posts: 8 Media Corps
    if i supplied you game footage it would be a 6 hour long video. 10-15 min wait times between rounds. Been on this run since server came online, finish each round in 15 seconds. Wait 10 mins. Currently on round 30
  • Options
    mephizton2092mephizton2092 Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    <snipped myself>
    Post edited by mephizton2092 on
    "Reports of our depression are vastly exaggerated."
    "Anyaway, we don't often see a sense of humor in Section 31."
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    valkfx wrote: »
    if i supplied you game footage it would be a 6 hour long video. 10-15 min wait times between rounds. Been on this run since server came online, finish each round in 15 seconds. Wait 10 mins. Currently on round 30

So people are actually IN the game? Just figured everyone was in slow patcher hell, atm.
    Jesus, didn't know the event was suppose to take ALL day! I was gonna complain about the rich (aka uber-geared) getting all the rewards, but if you have to spend 8hrs to get through round 100; You deserve it! :D
  • Options
    huijianhuijian Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    reverse kligat nerfs & I'll make any video you want.... .... ANYTHING! *wink *wink
    3GIYBa2.jpg?1
  • Options
    zorbanezorbane Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    Wasted opportunity to say "Show me what you got"!
    StarbaseUGC Discord Chat
    Foundry Mission Database
    Check out my Foundry missions:
    Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
    Untitled Series - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - Commander Rihan
  • Options
    mailman650mailman650 Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    32 on a PUG, no kit!

I almost didn't get a picture cause the one I did take, I forgot to include the UI. I was fortunate I got the one above. I like that you get titles as you progress.
  • Options
    bossheisenbergbossheisenberg Member Posts: 603 Arc User
    doyouw wrote: »

Video or it didn't happen...
  • Options
    koppsterkoppster Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    Here's some feedback: Over half an hour in the instance and still not on level 10. 5 minutes between spawns at once point. People left out of frustration so that eventually, at stage 14, the three of us remaining die because we got one-shotted from God-knows what and we get no event voucher for whatever reason.

1/10
  • Options
    arabaturarabatur Member Posts: 408 Arc User
    Seems like I should wait until QA finally get to run this and work out all the bugs.
    Definitely not an Arc User.
  • Options
    angrybobhangrybobh Member Posts: 420 Arc User
    Based on the reviews so far, I'm not even going to log in today. Maybe you'll fix for tomorrow.
  • Options
    whiteknight1xwhiteknight1x Member Posts: 194 Arc User
    Waste of time. Way too much time between rounds. We got tire of waiting around by round 5. I play on Elite Difficulty and a member of the DPS 800 Channel. This was boring. Was really hoping for a challenge. Sorry, but I really don't think Developers know how to play this game. They don't play with the Elite players. You keep nerfing the game instead of creating challenging content.
  • Options
    angarus1angarus1 Member Posts: 684 Arc User
    Didn't see this thread until after pugging it or I would've supplied screenies, but I'm pretty proud of pugging it and finishing level 26. :)
  • Options
    arani1arani1 Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    You have done something thats quite fun, totally destroyed by releasing it with the delay bug :(

I had it work perfect once and loved it. The delay has ruined it on my alt.
  • Options
    rmy1081rmy1081 Member Posts: 2,840 Arc User
    Just did 66 rounds with a 4 man queued pug. It was really fun! but took forever...

People in my fleet though are complaining about NPCs not spawning. I think it's because NPCs are spawning in walls.
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    first round spawned opponent in a wall could not kill
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    doyouwdoyouw Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    rmy1081 wrote: »
    Just did 66 rounds with a 4 man queued pug. It was really fun! but took forever...

People in my fleet though are complaining about NPCs not spawning. I think it's because NPCs are spawning in walls.

here is a solution for that :
    http://video.anyclip.com/movies/the-matrix/the-waterwall/#!quotes/
    Dark Side (KDF)
    HOUSE OF BORG
    "I am FLATULUS of Borg, Resistance if Futile! Prepare to pull my finger!"

cube.jpg
  • Options
    captainbmoneycaptainbmoney Member Posts: 1,323 Arc User
    I got a bug. I got to level 14 on my fed and got one of those vouchers. however I got to level 24 on my kdf and got not voucher.

Like my fanpage!
    https://www.facebook.com/CaptainBMoney913
  • Options
    nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    I did a pug run earlier. Didn't have a physical weapon equipped so Borg where an issue, but still made it into the 30's.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • Options
    Also looks like I did all the pain on an alt for no reason, didnt get a weekend voucher, seems theyre one per account per day?!
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    the delay is more like 10 minutes. totally unplayable. still on wave 5 after a good 40 minutes.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    Just found out, no need to do it on an alt, the reward will be account wide.
    @crypticspartan#0627 (i think it was him; similar name and had <Dev> tag) already said ingame that it's account-wide, which is why it's in the event reclaim tab​​

That was almost certainly me, and I did state that.
  • Options
    Bug must not affect everyone...I didn't wait between waves.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    Why must cool rewards be locked behind the terrible ground game?
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    Personally, I found it refreshing to have a ground mission. All others are space.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • Options
    fiberteksyfirfiberteksyfir Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Edit: nvm this wasnt as broken as ppl were making it out to be.
    Post edited by fiberteksyfir on
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Why must cool rewards be locked behind the terrible ground game?

hey, at least THIS event reward is account-wide and you only need to do it 3 times instead of 14, so this only need be done on one character for the bare minimum reward (and i seriously hope this is the start of the trend of making ALL future event rewards account-wide, not just ships)

others who want marks/dil/R&D material out of it, or those who find it fun will do it on alts, of course​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    seamus53seamus53 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Would have been fun if the time between waves was reasonable (like 30 seconds). Can't imagine a Klingon Holodeck being this boring.

Fail.