Install Arc
Options

Lukari Cool Ranch Dorito Ship

Comments

• Options
    nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    storules wrote: »
    Don't blame me...I did not vote for this!

Anyone got some cool pics of the bridge or does it look like this?MAIN-Mars-marijuana.jpg

One deck only.

494nPoJ.jpg

XBDOgLu.jpg

It's not that far off from the pic you posted! All the lovely space weeds!
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    wow...that might very well be the best bridge i've seen them make to date

and more bridges should have plants...not klingon, for obvious reasons - unless they're anti-intruder plants​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User

and more bridges should have plants...not klingon, for obvious reasons - unless they're anti-intruder plants​​

Something inspired by this could work as a Klingon plant:

latest?cb=20101205160634
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    Has anyone stacked all the different Lukari gear regen bonuses on the dorito ship and does it all make a difference at all?
  • Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1

the circular "panels" actually have depth to them and spin too.
    the only down side is the "displays" are all swirling pinkish clouds... apparently Lukari don't actually read or something
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    Doritos are disgusting. >_<;

couldnt have said it better prsonally i like pringles :)
  • Options

and more bridges should have plants...not klingon, for obvious reasons - unless they're anti-intruder plants

Something inspired by this could work as a Klingon plant:

latest?cb=20101205160634

a random jumble of letters and numbers?​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
  • Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    I always find it humorous how people call it a dorito just because the design they wanted didn't win, might as well call the other variants a frisbee and a croissant.
  • Options
    no, they call it a dorito because it looks like a dorito...it also looks like a nacho, a tortilla and whatever other kinds of triangular chips exist​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    I'm pretty sure back when the contest was going a lot of people mentioned how they hated the design and called it a dorito to degrade it for that reason.

But in any case I'm sure there are more triangle related things than just food items. ;‪)
  • Options
    galattgalatt Member Posts: 707 Arc User
    My ship, the USS Not-The-Batarang performs adequately. But I have yet to truly learn the ways of "space magic"
    sig_picture_resize_by_gx_9901-db9d1v1.png
  • Options
    yes, but as food is a very deep-seated need in humanity, it's often the first thing that comes up in thoughts​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    galatt wrote: »
    My ship, the USS Not-The-Batarang performs adequately. But I have yet to truly learn the ways of "space magic"
    there is the path of Destruction.... Stack PArtGen and GravGen then use Gravwell or TBR. high enough numbers will make the singularity in gravity kills seem like a minor annoyance. :D PEP torp spreads make these even more lethal.

then there is the path of Oblivion. Stack DrainX then use energy drain powers to drop enemy subsystem power. Works best when you also spray Polaron Beams everywhere with Fire At Will. (the polaron beam proc's intensity is boosted by DrainX)
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,986 Arc User
    The Lukari ship reminds me of this this in shape
    lockheed_f117_nighthawk_l5.jpg
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • Options
      angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
      The Lukari ship canr emind you of anything vaguely triangle shaped because it is a triangle. Can we just get over this already? Yes, basic shapes are likely to return in different things you see, big shock.​​
      lFC4bt2.gif
      ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
      "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
      "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
      "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
    • Options
      theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,986 Arc User
      angrytarg wrote: »
      The Lukari ship canr emind you of anything vaguely triangle shaped because it is a triangle. Can we just get over this already? Yes, basic shapes are likely to return in different things you see, big shock.​​

It's a simple yet beautiful design
      NMXb2ph.png
        "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
        -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
      • Options
        smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User
        Doritos are disgusting. >_<;

couldnt have said it better prsonally i like pringles :)

I find those just as gross. >_<;;
        dvZq2Aj.jpg
      • Options
        unclegoldieunclegoldie Member Posts: 263 Arc User
        I just figured that bridge explains why Kuumaarke is almost always in a good mood. At least it's gotten my Jem'hadar off the Ketracel; unfortunately, my Gorn Boff has been suffering from a bit of hay fever. I'm also having a difficult time trying to expain to some of my friends why there's a cow on a vary large mouse wheel in the engine room.
        Epohh Vindaloo and beer milkshakes for everyone
        jH7LGEi.jpg
      • Options
        smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User
        To me, it's to help purify the air, plus it's nice having some elements in nature on the ship. I'd do the same...in fact, I REALLY wanna be able to use THIS bridge on my temporal light cruiser...cause this bridge screams me, and would be perfect imo.
        dvZq2Aj.jpg
      • Options
        tarran61tarran61 Member Posts: 827 Arc User
        galatt wrote: »
        there is the path of Destruction.... Stack PArtGen and GravGen then use Gravwell or TBR. high enough numbers will make the singularity in gravity kills seem like a minor annoyance. :D PEP torp spreads make these even more lethal.

then there is the path of Oblivion. Stack DrainX then use energy drain powers to drop enemy subsystem power. Works best when you also spray Polaron Beams everywhere with Fire At Will. (the polaron beam proc's intensity is boosted by DrainX)

Im using Anitproton beams, using DrainX x2 from the Reseach lab. Getting ready to test it with PArtGen and GravGen consoles, use TBR III and hit them with a tractor beam, kills them so fast.
        Positive thoughts.
        NeAC.gif
      • Options
        nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
        avoozuul wrote: »
        I always find it humorous how people call it a dorito just because the design they wanted didn't win, might as well call the other variants a frisbee and a croissant.

I didn't even know there was a vote going on for the design of this ship. I called it a Dorito because it looks like a Dorito to me.
        Green people don't have to be.... little.
      • Options
        sovereign010sovereign010 Member Posts: 636 Arc User
        FFS, the Lukari ship is clearly an equilateral triangle, whereas the Dorito is obviously an isosceles. Only an idiot wouldn't know the difference.
      • Options
        feiqafeiqa Member Posts: 2,410 Arc User
        FFS, the Lukari ship is clearly an equilateral triangle, whereas the Dorito is obviously an isosceles. Only an idiot wouldn't know the difference.

I dunno. Some of the ones I pull from the bag look like right triangles. . Now that begs me to ask. Why are there no Left Triangles?

Originally Posted by pwlaughingtrendy
        Network engineers are not ship designers.
        Nor should they be. Their ships would look weird.
      • Options
        sovereign010sovereign010 Member Posts: 636 Arc User
        feiqa wrote: »

I dunno. Some of the ones I pull from the bag look like right triangles. . Now that begs me to ask. Why are there no Left Triangles?
        Same reason there are no left angles :D
      • Options
        kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
        DISCRIMINATION AND BIGOTRY!!!! Equal opportunity for all triangles!! SJWs unite!!
      • Options
        unclegoldieunclegoldie Member Posts: 263 Arc User
        nimbull wrote: »
        avoozuul wrote: »

I didn't even know there was a vote going on for the design of this ship. I called it a Dorito because it looks like a Dorito to me.

I kinda find it interesting that this ship is being commonly called the Dorito, and I found it common for the Krenim ship from last year's event to be referred to as "The Sausage." I'm starting to think many of us STO players are perpetually hungry.
        Epohh Vindaloo and beer milkshakes for everyone
        jH7LGEi.jpg
      • Options
        nickodaemusnickodaemus Member Posts: 711 Arc User
        edited February 2017
        Nobody's ever seen a TR3B on youtube?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnUpJw5sahg

Obviously the devs have. I'm just glad they figured out how to make the view screen look like you weren't driving a jeep.
      • Options
        cactolithcactolith Member Posts: 69 Arc User
        edited February 2017
        Shameless junk foodie here. >.>

Named my Lukari ship the Na'Cho L'uv.

Now I'm hungry...
      • Options
        angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
        edited February 2017
        All the terrible food puns aside, the Lukari are closest you get to a "Druid" archetype in STO right now, which I like. Star Trek never really bothered with the actual planet ecosystems or really putting wildlife of any kind in focus. Now we have a racial "hat" that right now seems to be this "park ranger in space" thing, protecting planets' ecosystems and restoring them. Of course only through magically hitting the planet with something from space or disabling doomsday devices to accomplish that (every attempt in Trek to tackle anything scientific but "multi-motor reflective tetryon carrier wave cascades" ended up a trainwreck anyway) but I like it and I would love to see another Lukari ship at one point. A drone carrier would work for instance. Instead of the umptenth Breen ship (that now just get recycled) why not add another Lukari, a Deferi or another new and friendly ship to the events? I think doing some world building instead of offering completely random ships (Vorgons give s their ships for summer parties now, really?) for events would be nice.
        lFC4bt2.gif
        ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
        "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
        "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
        "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
      • Options
        vorgons don't really have a say in the matter - their wrecks are salvaged, restored and offered by the lobi consortium (after the ferengi have stripped everything of TRUE value for themselves, of course)​​

#LegalizeAwoo