test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Just curious, what ARC level is everyone?

I'm pretty vigilant about finishing up those arc quests and noticed that I am 91 today. I didn't see a generic ARC forum so since I play STO mostly I thought I would post here.

Comments

• Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    112, probably 113 by tomorrow​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    Zero.

I don't use Arc.
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,554 Arc User
    Zero. 100 zen isn't worth jumping through a single hoop to me.
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    jaguarskx wrote: »
    Zero.

I don't use Arc.

Yep.
  • Options
    bmcd73bmcd73 Member Posts: 263 Arc User

Well I have made 1000s of Zen since this started. I'm not the biggest fan either but it's so little effort and 500 zen a pop is pretty good.
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    Put me down in the zero column as well
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    que nada for me dont do arc craps er quests
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Zero
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    bmcd73bmcd73 Member Posts: 263 Arc User
    curious why so many of you don't run arc? Arent all the freebie codes they give away require arc now? Not to mention the 1000s of free zen.
  • Options
    velquavelqua Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Zero, like my hero! :p
    18662390068_f716cd60e3.jpg
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    bmcd73 wrote: »
    curious why so many of you don't run arc? Arent all the freebie codes they give away require arc now? Not to mention the 1000s of free zen.

I use arc i just dont care about the quests cagada.
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    jaguarskx wrote: »
    Zero.

I don't use Arc.

Same.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    nil, never even installed it once.
  • Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    1... I installed it in a virtual machine to get the WOK uniform...

There is just too much undocumented traffic coming from that program for me to trust it.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,554 Arc User
    bmcd73 wrote: »

Well I have made 1000s of Zen since this started. I'm not the biggest fan either but it's so little effort and 500 zen a pop is pretty good.

I already have a job :)

I only do grinds that I feel like doing, such as for Omega tech upgrades. But that's just me -- if you don't mind the Arc grind, enjoy your zen.
  • Options
    clicking 1-3 buttons is not a 'grind'​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
  • Options
    baudlbaudl Member Posts: 4,060 Arc User
    not really informed here, but doesn't the daily arc missions/quest require you to play a whole lot of other PWE titles? on a daily bases? I mean even if I had to only click 3 things in each game.
    If you actually played a few of those games, then that would be fine, but I'm sure as hell not going to play/download/start a game for those bread crumbs that they call rewards.
    Go pro or go home
  • Options
    you just have to hit the play button in arc itself to get credit for that day...hell, you seemingly don't even need the actual GAME installed, just the launcher that the button is linked to​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    spacehermitspacehermit Member Posts: 358 Arc User
    From what I've read above, I'm not even tempted to try it.
  • Options
    lowleft#8801 lowleft Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    I use the Arc launcher every time, but I am still a level 0. How do you level up or get free Zen?

Also, if you don't use Arc, how to you launch the game?
  • Options
    baudlbaudl Member Posts: 4,060 Arc User
    I use the Arc launcher every time, but I am still a level 0. How do you level up or get free Zen?

Also, if you don't use Arc, how to you launch the game?

somwhere in the game file of STO is the launcher .exe for STO...use that
    Go pro or go home
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,510 Community Moderator
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    Big fat Zero here. Can't be bothered with Arc quests. I see no point in filling up my drives with games just to farm points.

Would be far better if they just rewarded you for playing the games YOU WANT to, not those THEY WANT you to play.
    SulMatuul.png
  • Options
    dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    lordsteve1 wrote: »
    Big fat Zero here. Can't be bothered with Arc quests. I see no point in filling up my drives with games just to farm points.

Would be far better if they just rewarded you for playing the games YOU WANT to, not those THEY WANT you to play.

Ahh, but you see, you're already going to play those games... so what they need to incentivize is what you're not going to play.

It makes sense. I don't have to like it, but...

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,426 Arc User
    121, but should be 123 tomorrow.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    dalolorn wrote: »
    lordsteve1 wrote: »

Ahh, but you see, you're already going to play those games... so what they need to incentivize is what you're not going to play.

It makes sense. I don't have to like it, but...

Yes very true.

But look at something like Raptr for example; it registers you playing any game you've linked to it. So you only play what you want, when you want, and for however long you feel; and you still earn points.
    There's a max per day sure, but it doesn't force you to DL games you have no interest in and it's not trying to push you into other genres you have no interest in.

That's how a rewards program should work.
    SulMatuul.png
  • Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,667 Arc User
    No clue. I should go look
    dvZq2Aj.jpg