kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    fleet marks? borg RA here.
  • Options
    captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    sophlogimo wrote: »
    captaind3 wrote: »
    [...]
    sophlogimo wrote: »
    Maybe the developers could give the CE a swarm of Tholians who actually help it, by buffing it, healing, giving it (more) timed immunities and a feedback pulse ability, so that only very narrow time windows remain when the CE can be damaged - and only after the Tholians have been removed.

My issue with this is that the Tholians are a LOT harder to kill than the entity. We've still got that Delta Rising damage sponge **** where Tholian cruisers have 600,000 HP, and Dreadnoughts are over a million. Having the Tholians be mandatory objectives drags the queue out needlessly.
    [...]

"Drags the queue out needlessly"? Well, if the Tholians buff the entity, then their removal from the scene is certainly not needless.

Sorry to say it, but it needs to be harder to be worth playing. For people like you, they could easily add a "log in reward" like many other games do for the same effect that CCA has now.

Yes Needlessly. They're a late addition anyway. The Entity can heal itself, and enemy fire can buff it. The fact of the matter is the HP scaling of the enemy ships has been garbage since Delta Rising. There's no reason for those ships to have ten times the HP of their player versions.

There's no need for artificial difficulty in the queue.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    CC has become the most played path of least resistance for easy Fleet Mark dailies

There is an easier way out of it - just remove the Fleet Marks reward out of the queue: see its population instantly drop and enjoy the salty tears of all those Fleet Marks farmers, who pretend that they are here totally for Nukara marks.

With additional bonus of increased population on those shuttle queues.

Irrelevant, all team queues offer fleet marks. If the Fleet specific queues had better rewards and advanced versions those would receive more play.

And again, this would likely give Klingon players the shaft, as getting a Klingon Fleet Alert to pop is a miracle.

That said, it's the only way I've ever gotten Nukara marks. I would've ignored the entire Rep entirely if not for CCA.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
    captaind3 wrote: »
    There's no reason for those ships to have ten times the HP of their player versions.

There isn't, agreed. Unfortunately it is a staple of games to not keep damage and HP symmetrical. In many games you will find enemies having 10-100 times of the HP of (comparable by lore) player characters. At the same time, player characters do 10-100 times the damage of what (comparable) NPCs are able to do. Silly, but apparently it comes from the progression, which always tends to be higher in damage output than in tanking qualities.
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,571 Arc User
    Like the amount of drain our Tachyon Beams do compared to the Borg.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    lexusk19lexusk19 Member Posts: 1,407 Arc User
    Instead of nerfing it, how about Cryptic look at why people play it so much? People dont want 20min missions that reward 20 marks. The reward is good on CE. Thats why people play it. All the ques should be more like it.
    1e3sni150tar.jpg
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    lexusk19 wrote: »
    Instead of nerfing it, how about Cryptic look at why people play it so much? People dont want 20min missions that reward 20 marks. The reward is good on CE. Thats why people play it. All the ques should be more like it.
    The reward is relatively good in CCA. That's the point. All the queues have more or less the same absolute reward, which means the fast and easy ones have the best relative reward.

As long as the rewards are pure numeric, a 20-minute mission should logically give 20x the rewards of a 1-minute mission. As actual measured average completion time by actual players, not the hilariously wrong Cryptic guesstimates listed in the queue info (15 min for CCA(!?), sure if all the players take a nap before moving). There's no point spending 20 minutes on a mission if it gives the same reward as a 1-minute mission.
  • Options
    trejgontrejgon Member Posts: 323 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    Like the amount of drain our Tachyon Beams do compared to the Borg.

and that moment when you try to rack up drain resistences, hit the limit of how much you can do in that matter and.....
    it makes exacly no difference :P

The_Science_Channel_Signature_Gen_2_-_Elenortirie_xSmall.png
  • Options
    a3001a3001 Member Posts: 1,132 Arc User
    OP should try GKE without support
    Rejoice JJ Trek people....

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10052253

Why are you not rejoicing?
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    I find it funny that the new TF queue can be done in about 2-3 minutes by a whole team carrying 1 souped up boff ability and 1 rep clicky, but I still see pugs taking 20 minutes sometimes.
  • Options
    redvengeredvenge Member Posts: 1,425 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    That doesn't surprise me in the least.

But hey, pretty clear that most want something for nothing, so.....
    In this case, I don't think they are doing it for the listed reward, but more of a "can it be done" or bragging rights sort of reward. A personal reward, not one measured in pixels.
  • Options
    welcome2earfwelcome2earf Member Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    lucho80 wrote: »
    Bring back the Gekli Feeding Grounds, DS9 under Siege, and the NWS queues! No more removals! Make STO great again!

OOh ooh and SB-24: Ground!!!
    T93uSC8.jpg
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,040 Community Moderator
    redvenge wrote: »
    reyan01 wrote: »
    That doesn't surprise me in the least.

But hey, pretty clear that most want something for nothing, so.....
    In this case, I don't think they are doing it for the listed reward, but more of a "can it be done" or bragging rights sort of reward. A personal reward, not one measured in pixels.

I have to agree. It could also be more of an example of seeing how far they can go. Just like people like to use Infected Space as a DPS Measuring Stick... which I kinda find stupid as that's only your potential DPS as recorded in Infected. If you were alone without other people throwing AP Beta, like in say Japori System, the numbers wouldn't be quite as high.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)