What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Attack Wing Sovereign.

Comments

• Options
    imperatorpaveliimperatorpaveli Member Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    No, they wouldn't break stuff by it being in the C-store, but I wouldn't expect it for a few years at minimum.

My logic is that the promo terms probably made the Attack Wing sovvie exclusive to the promo for a while. They might put the ship in the C-store a year or two from now, but I wouldn't expect it anytime soon.
  • Options
    officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    How about "effort" or "footwork" in obtaining one. Rather then get out my card behind the computer and buy one from the Cstore.

Frankly, i dont care about the welfare of the game or whatever. I bothered and cared enough to track one down in real life and dont want to see the lazyies get one on a Cstore platter. Albiet at $30 dollars versus my $13.62.
  • Options
    tilartatilarta Member Posts: 1,800 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    I too had trouble locating this ship.

I tried the local collectable store and two-three RPG figurine specific stores.
    They all gave me the same story, they don't stock Attack Wing merchandise because "it's not popular".
    One of them even told me they carry only one brand of RPG figurines, they don't have anything else.

I just assumed they only cared about whatever that brand was that they don't bother diversifying.
    I can't even remember what it was, it was that unmemorable to me.

In the end, I had to contact the company who delivers my mail order comics and they were able to secure a model for me.
    They have a moderate trade in Star Trek merchandise and general sci-fi, so naturally, I think that means they make an effort to stock these items for their customers.

Unfortunately, that won't help you if you don't live in Australia, they only ship within my country.
    But if you know of a similar store, it might be worthwhile looking into that as an alternative source.

Bees like honey, they don't like vinegar.
    Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(
  • Options
    crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,522 Arc User
    I have access to one of these Gaming places called Game Grid. It's a little podunk place, but the guy is real nice and helpful. He usually sells Magic stuff and D&D stuff, and has a following of people in his shop all playing games every night. Anyway, I asked nicely and he found me one somewhere for $14 usd... try looking for one of these types of shops... they might help you out...

CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • Options
    empireofsteveempireofsteve Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    Send me a mail message in game @steveangelis
    NERF CANNONS - THEY NEED A 50% NERF
    CRUISERS NEED A 206% HULL BUFF
  • Options
    gothkid1972gothkid1972 Member Posts: 112 Arc User
    My only thought would be this...will the reprint/reissue come with the code...
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Are they reprinting it again?

The reprint of it that they did in December (when I got mine) had a code.
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    sunfrancks wrote: »
    Wizkids themselves have said the there is a reprint coming this Febuary, but who knows if we'll actually see it...

And who knows if they'll have any codes on them? Wizkids can reprint all the game pieces they want, but wo knows how many / if any STO codes they can get.

• Options
    lowleft#8801 lowleft Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    There are four shops in my area that carry Attack Wing. I went to all four of them they day the ship was released. Only one store received one model. Finding a stocking store is getting more and more difficult (I am also an Attack Wing player) and was hoping that there would be more STO and AW promos to increase popularity in both. If the ships would all be this difficult to find, then I don't want that.
  • Options
    Why not just ask wizkids if you're worried about the second reissue having codes? I asked during the first one, but I got my AW sovvie then, so I'm not gonna ask again.
  • Options
    officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    @valoreah
    No it does not count.

You don't know what generation i come from so don't guess, you don't know what your talking about.

Again, earning money is aside the issue and irrelevant, see answer #1.

What's wrong with having a differing opinions that you have to argue with me?
    It's okay to have "exclusive" things. Things and players are all not equal.
  • Options
    misterperseusmisterperseus Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    To those people that got the ship through a brick and mortar shop, geographically, where? e.g. Seattle
  • Options
    berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    valoreah wrote: »
    How about "effort" or "footwork" in obtaining one. Rather then get out my card behind the computer and buy one from the Cstore.

Oh really? What about the "effort" or "footwork" or you know, "real work" people do in order to obtain real money to pay their credit card bill when they buy something from the C-Store? Or does that not count?
    Frankly, i dont care about the welfare of the game or whatever.

The self-entitlement manifesto of the "me" generation.
    I bothered and cared enough to track one down in real life and dont want to see the lazyies get one on a Cstore platter. Albiet at $30 dollars versus my $13.62.

So if I am understanding you correctly, anyone who works a job to earn real money so they can buy things is "lazy"? I just want to make sure.

While I don't have a problem with the Command Assault Cruiser becoming available to the general playerbase, I do take exception to your apparent devaluing of the work it took to get ahold of one of these ships. I spent more than the difference in the price of the AW ship and a C-Store ship, just in milage and travel time. Never mind the hour or so I spent trying to track down a store that could get me the ship. Even at minimum wage, I spent more in total time than the $30 a C-Store ship generally goes for. Yeah, I had to drive ~3 hours round trip to get to the store that ordered me my ship, ate up a big chunk of a day off. And the $$ for gas, a meal, and the ship itself? I had to spend real money that I had to do real work in order to earn.

In the end, I put more money (earned with work) and actual work into the ship in question than someone who might buy the same ship in the C-Store. If Cryptic decides to put the ship up for sale, so be it, but don't think for a second that anyone who just lays out $30 for the ship did anywhere near as much work as I did trying to get it.
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • Options
    tilartatilarta Member Posts: 1,800 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    I have been wondering about this recent addition to the Fleet starbase:
    5B2E4B24FD52AAC9F3471B400C79613B7A4C5039

Mostly wondering if there's a restriction on it, that if you don't have the regular version, you can't requisition the Fleet version.

I'm not sure Cryptic would just give the fleet version of the ship away without having to first purchase the regular version.

Naturally, since I have the ship, it's going to appear as available to me.
    So I can't get the data on how it appears to someone without the ship.
    If someone who doesn't have it is kind to enough to investigate their starbase and post the results of their findings, it would be appreciated.

Bees like honey, they don't like vinegar.
    Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    @valoreah
    No it does not count.

You don't know what generation i come from so don't guess, you don't know what your talking about.

Again, earning money is aside the issue and irrelevant, see answer #1.

What's wrong with having a differing opinions that you have to argue with me?
    It's okay to have "exclusive" things. Things and players are all not equal.

If the ship was readily available everywhere, and all that was required was simply going to the store, then I would understand your argument. The problem, however, is that many players live in areas with few, if any, stores that carry AW, and those stores that do carry it got very few, if any, of the Sovereign.

I myself am happy with the Intel variant, and have no desire for a cloak, however I do support the ship being made available another way, either through the C-Store or the Lobi store.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    cuchulainn74cuchulainn74 Member Posts: 831 Arc User
    tilarta wrote: »
    I have been wondering about this recent addition to the Fleet starbase:
    5B2E4B24FD52AAC9F3471B400C79613B7A4C5039

Mostly wondering if there's a restriction on it, that if you don't have the regular version, you can't requisition the Fleet version.

I'm not sure Cryptic would just give the fleet version of the ship away without having to first purchase the regular version.

Naturally, since I have the ship, it's going to appear as available to me.
    So I can't get the data on how it appears to someone without the ship.
    If someone who doesn't have it is kind to enough to investigate their starbase and post the results of their findings, it would be appreciated.

It's a little alarming, actually, that if you have the non-Fleet version you still see the FSM cost as "5". Shouldn't that be "1"? Then again, the Mirror Guardian promo ship didn't discount the price of the Fleet Guardian, either. Not exactly apples to apples, but close enough, I suppose.
    Fleet Admiral CuChulainn - U.S.S. Aegis KT Intel Dreadnought Cruiser
    vGdvFsX.jpg

• Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,571 Arc User
    You have to buy something from the C-Store itself to get the Fleet Ship Module discount.

If you do find one Online make sure it is Attack Wing WAVE 27.

I pre-ordered mine from Flights of Fantasy in the Albany NY area. Got it the week it was first released. Hey, I found a place that I didn't know existed and turned out it was somewhat around the corner from where I worked before I retired last Summer.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
    Maybe they'll add it to the Phoenix boxes at some point.

I know I'd be VERY excited if the phoenix box ultimate prize list included the Mirror Guardian.
  • Options
    There are many possibilities for that Phoenix Pack. I know some of my Characters will need to use it to Claim whatever the prize is for the upcoming 'Into the Breach' Event. No way I can get 14 Characters through that.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
    I still have extra Voth operative transmissions from last time to give my captains a head start on the next one. Same with the Crystalline entity events. Having that extra latitude to get the next one done quickly is worth WAY more to me than the handful of marks you get for turning in in extras :). I like the safety net in case I end up busy or offline during these things.
  • Options
    nickodaemusnickodaemus Member Posts: 711 Arc User
    nikeix wrote: »
    I still have extra Voth operative transmissions from last time to give my captains a head start on the next one. Same with the Crystalline entity events. Having that extra latitude to get the next one done quickly is worth WAY more to me than the handful of marks you get for turning in in extras :). I like the safety net in case I end up busy or offline during these things.

Some events have been getting updated where you can't use last year's extra earnings; not sure if this will become one of those or not.
  • Options
    That doesn't apply to the 21-day Events like Crystal, Mirror, or Breach. They are not concerned about the so-called 'hording' for those. No Ship give-aways.

I usually try to save up some from one run to make the next a bit shorter. Not that concerned about the extra Marks and Dilithium from the small bonus projects.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    valoreah wrote: »
    If the ship was readily available everywhere, and all that was required was simply going to the store, then I would understand your argument. The problem, however, is that many players live in areas with few, if any, stores that carry AW, and those stores that do carry it got very few, if any, of the Sovereign.

So what you're saying is all people did was go to the store and get lucky it was in stock. I don't equate that to "hard work" in any sense.

I don't either, but some seem to think it is just because they called everywhere in driving distance and got lucky at some random store.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    Personally, I just think people would be a bit miffed if the ship went into the store, despite the announcement not saying it would be available exclusively through Wizkids and not through some other way.

Personally, I don't see an issue with it going into the store, as-is the intel variant of the Sovvie is better, and the console and trait are pretty meh (although I personally find the console entertaining).
  • Options
    hanover2hanover2 Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    Entitlement vs. Exthcluthivity. Nobody to cheer for in this slap fight.