test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tzenkethi Battlezone - No Elite Marks?

Not sure if a bug or WAI (hence why posting here not in Bug reports)

Should the BZ give elite marks? Have just completed it, killed all 3 bosses within time and while I got a marks reward box for each zone and boss killed, no elite marks were awarded. The other 2 space BZs grant (I believe) 3 elite marks on successful completion.

Comments

• Options
    inckursioninckursion Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    Same here, I've done it twice now but I haven't earned any elite marks.
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    I'm not going to lie, the entire BZ makes no sense to me at all.

I spent about 20-30 min in there, killed a bunch of stuff, received nothing more then just marks. According to others that were in the BZ, it indeed does not drop any Elite Marks.

It's a cool looking area, but as it stands right now, the time you spend there weighed against the rewards means it's not a great place to spend your time. It's popular right now because it's new, but unless they at least add some Elite Mark drops, that place will be a ghost town in a couple weeks.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,950 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    Killed two bosses with ~2 minutes left. The round then immediately ended, no elite marks. Between this and the incomprehensible status of contested territories I think the new battlezone is a definite "work in progress."
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,106 Arc User
    Yup, no elite marks :'(
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    alfred399alfred399 Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    I'm not going to lie, the entire BZ makes no sense to me at all.

I spent about 20-30 min in there, killed a bunch of stuff, received nothing more then just marks. According to others that were in the BZ, it indeed does not drop any Elite Marks.

It's a cool looking area, but as it stands right now, the time you spend there weighed against the rewards means it's not a great place to spend your time. It's popular right now because it's new, but unless they at least add some Elite Mark drops, that place will be a ghost town in a couple weeks.

Agreed. Very nice map, and the missions aren't too bad. At least they didn't just copy-pasta the Dyson BZ like they did for the Badlands.

But it has to give elite marks otherwise there's just no point at all. The new queues will also be dead within very little time so there will be no other way to get elite marks if no added to the BZ.
  • Options
    nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    I just completed the battlezone and there was no reward for beating all three of the final bosses. Kind of lame...
    Tza0PEl.png
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    IIRC, the last patch notes that it was supposed to reward Elite Marks, but it didn't for me either. So I guess it's a bug. I suspect a Battle Zone without Elite Marks won't really do well.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    nikephorus wrote: »
    I just completed the battlezone and there was no reward for beating all three of the final bosses. Kind of lame...

At least you were able to figure out how to beat it. I can't even figure out what the hell is going on in there, I just followed people around and shot enemies.

I'll have to take some time to figure out exactly what the missions are in that zone, right now it's just a big mess to me. If they don't add rewards on par with the other Battle Zones though, then I probably won't even bother.
  • Options
    nikephorus wrote: »

At least you were able to figure out how to beat it. I can't even figure out what the hell is going on in there, I just followed people around and shot enemies.

I'll have to take some time to figure out exactly what the missions are in that zone, right now it's just a big mess to me. If they don't add rewards on par with the other Battle Zones though, then I probably won't even bother.

I was able to figure out some of the zones, but there was one where you need to push asteroids through these circles and the enemies do the same in the opposite direction (I think)...and I have no idea what's going on in that one. I just sat there shooting everything and hoped someone else knew wtf was happening.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • Options
    drakethewhitedrakethewhite Member Posts: 1,240 Arc User
    How disappointing. I was looking forward to a new Battlezone.
  • Options
    gonaliusgonalius Member Posts: 893 Arc User
    On a semi-random note, how do you do the 'King of the Hill' points? I assumed it was a raise over time thingy like in other zones, with occasional boosts from destroyed ships, but we stayed there for a good 20 minutes earlier, and the red line did not move one jot to the side.
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    Day 2 of Making the Tzenkathi Battlezone Great Again.

Can finally shoot enemies.

Can not capture zones.

It's really more of an alternative battlezone.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    How disappointing. I was looking forward to a new Battlezone.

yeah, after trying it my react is I miss the voth... really I haven't bothered with the voth since delta launched and now I miss them. I can see why the Tzenkethi need wmds they are no threat otherwise.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    The Blockade Satellite thingy interact that you need to flip one of those sections is very close the satellite. At first I thought it simply wasn't there and I just need to stay in the area to flip it, but that's not how it works.
    gonalius wrote: »
    On a semi-random note, how do you do the 'King of the Hill' points? I assumed it was a raise over time thingy like in other zones, with occasional boosts from destroyed ships, but we stayed there for a good 20 minutes earlier, and the red line did not move one jot to the side.
    I haven't figured out the details, but I think the counter goes down when enemies enter the zone. Don't let them. Use Gravity Well when they are outside, and use Tractor Beam Repulsors if they are getting in.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    Tzenkethi battlezone is still horrendeously broken, btw. Half the instances are bugged, and as for the rest, spawning sequences are way off. Good thing the missions are working, or I'd have no real way of making Lukari marks.

P.S. Someone please make a Tzenkethi BZ 'vid for blondes', LOL, as half the time I have no clue, and the other half of the time I have no idea where to get a clue. :)
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    gonaliusgonalius Member Posts: 893 Arc User
    I haven't figured out the details, but I think the counter goes down when enemies enter the zone. Don't let them. Use Gravity Well when they are outside, and use Tractor Beam Repulsors if they are getting in.

They warp right next to it, so that can't be right.
  • Options
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    Tzenkethi battlezone is still horrendeously broken, btw. Half the instances are bugged, and as for the rest, spawning sequences are way off. Good thing the missions are working, or I'd have no real way of making Lukari marks.

P.S. Someone please make a Tzenkethi BZ 'vid for blondes', LOL, as half the time I have no clue, and the other half of the time I have no idea where to get a clue. :)

You aren't the only one! download%2011_zpsexnd9ojy.jpg
    Tza0PEl.png
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    It appears the Official Forums are a Better Battlezone than this thing.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    Have to say the King of the Hill part has me confused too - like some of you I was sat there for ages with nothing happening but then we won lol. Someone must have known what to do, or we just got lucky
  • Options
    shevetshevet Member Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    I spent quite a lot of time (and so did several other people) at a King of the Hill spot without anyone finding an interact to start the progress meter running.... Wake me up when this thing is properly fixed, I think.
    8b6YIel.png?1
  • Options
    Good thing the missions are working, or I'd have no real way of making Lukari marks.

Just FYI, you can get them from Tholian Red Alert, that's how I'm getting mine. :)

• Options
    Tholian RA gives lukari marks? Nice!
  • Options
    alfred399 wrote: »
    Tholian RA gives lukari marks? Nice!

Yes it does. :)
  • Options
    zellkarrathzellkarrath Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    Yeah I'm not exactly sure what is going on in each zone half the time, and it feels like mere minutes after capturing a zone it is immediately retaken by the Tzenkethi. Respawn timers and capture times needs some serious tweaking. Also I'm not sure why but my FPS went made whenever it approached Asteroid zones, which is something that rarely ever happens to me in this game.
  • Options
    szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    From reddit:
    There appears to be another issue which is preventing the completion of the King of the Hill capture points, thus rendering the battlezone unwinnable. Current theory, based on the testing we were able to perform, is as follows:
    As best as we can tell, the re-capture rate for the Tzenkethi forces is very high, and two of the points are spawning ships already within the capture perimeter. This is resulting in a case where the capture either can't progress, or even moves in reverse faster than ships can be removed from the area and capture progress regained. This is leaving these points in a permanent state of stalemate. This was tested with a group of high DPS ships, capable of blitzing the battleships in around 1 second or less.
    If anyone has further information, or contradicting information, I will tweak this post as necessary. Here's to hoping this battlezone is in full working order soon.

https://reddit.com/r/sto/comments/5qjd4p/psa_tzenkethi_battlezone/
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,571 Arc User
    Rushed out with little testing to be sure.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    Rushed out with little testing to be sure.

They had a testing session on Tribble specifically for the Battlezone. I was briefly tempted to participate, but I figured it would be horribly broken when ported to Holodeck regardless of any testing done, and decided to do something else with my time that day.

Judging from some of the responses already, it appears these were issues that were previously reported on Tribble, and simply ignored.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    Have to say the King of the Hill part has me confused too - like some of you I was sat there for ages with nothing happening but then we won lol. Someone must have known what to do, or we just got lucky

Yeah. Either that, or the spawning times are way off.
    Good thing the missions are working, or I'd have no real way of making Lukari marks.

Just FYI, you can get them from Tholian Red Alert, that's how I'm getting mine. :)

Thanks. :)
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    Think @iconians & @ltminns have hit the nail on the head - yet another example of tribble testing reports not being acted on.

I didn't want much of the new rep gear tbf so I can live with doing Tholian RAs to just level the rep.

Credit where it's due though I did enjoy the featured episode, and thought the environment artists did an outstanding job on the ground map.
  • Options
    foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,485 Arc User
    Think @iconians & @ltminns have hit the nail on the head - yet another example of tribble testing reports not being acted on.

I didn't want much of the new rep gear tbf so I can live with doing Tholian RAs to just level the rep.

Credit where it's due though I did enjoy the featured episode, and thought the environment artists did an outstanding job on the ground map.

OK folks, I will let you know. I was one of the tribble testers online during the full test when they were offering rewards. From what i remember of the test, we identified the following major issues.

1) Captured zones were recaptued far too quickly. Has a patch note said, you had 5 minutes from capturing a zone before it was re-captured. This was even if you had ships in the zone defending it, as i think there was a smaller bug that even if you were defending a point, when 5 minutes came around, the zone reverted.

However, i am uncertain about that second point, as during testing i was able to successfully hold points.

This issue was resolved, by Cryptic increasing the recapture time from 5 minutes to 10 minutes.

2) Progression of zones was busted. Due to the first issue, the fleet couldn't captured every zone fast enough (there were alot of highly experienced players (include myself in that group :) ), outfitted with our best ships testing the zone). considering you had roughly 20 - 25 players per instance, and you had, i think 8 zones to capture, we just couldn't get enough points.

The closet any of us got, was down to 2 zones that we were capturing, then the first zones we recaptured reverted.

During testing, the Cryptic devs manually forced the instance to complete, so we could fight the dreadnoughts and get more information.

3) Zone not resetting. Once the devs manually move the instances over, we defeated the dreadnoughts. The 5 minute cooldown timer started. However, at the end of the timer, the zone didnt reset at all. Leaving you flying around in a completed instance.

OTHER INFORMATION

This "King of the Hill" bug, is apparently a new one. During testing, alot of times we had only one or two ships capturing those zones, and we did not encounter any issue of the zone reverting or being extremely slow that i can remember.

From what I had flown, with that zone during testing, these factors helped you capture faster.

* Staying within the zones boundary, naturally :)
    * Picking up dropped computer cores from defeated enemy ships. This i think or remember helps the progress bar move faster.
    * Making sure no enemy ships are within the zone, pushing them out or disabling them outside.

The asteroid towing bit we quickly figured out. Defeated any starships near the asteroids, and pull them back to your side. Here is some information to help you folks with this area.

* 2KM maximum tractor beam range, you need to be within 2 kms to "pull" and asteroid.
    * You can pull, what seems to be, a maximum of 3 asteroids at a time.
    * Asteroids will follow you, if you drag them on a angle, they will follow you lead. This can be useful to an extent to group all asteroids in one close group for easier tractoring.
    * DO NOT go at full impulse. The asteroids seem incapable of keeping up with your ship at full impulse or evasive manverues. I found a half impulse speed is best.
    * Multiple player ships can drag a single asteroid (maximum of 2 - 3 players per asteroid i think). However, i didnt get enough testing done to determine if more ships on a single asteroid increases its "pulling" speed.

Hope this information helps folks.

pjxgwS8.jpg