test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Fleet] Ferasan Shadow Force

Comments

• lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    So, I was running the PvP race. And when I jumped off that drop, there was a horrid excuse for a troll. He was standing directly in the middle of the straightway, with a disco ball. And he was throwing snowballs in everyone's general direction.

1: Of the entire track, that is the single worst spot for trolling.

2: If you throw snowballs, at least use the lock-on. Those snowballs did not even come close to hitting me, not a single one.

3: Discoballs do NOT affect moving targets. For that matter, they have no impact on stationary targets either, thanks to the bah humbug device.

Bad trolling attempt. 0/10. Please do better.
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
  • voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    Oh my dog,
    Oh long John,
    Oh long Johnson,
    Oh Don Piano,
    Why I eyes ya?
    All the live long day.
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
    I hope everyone is having a great holiday season!

I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
  • tazurensavulentazurensavulen Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    I rule all.
    signature_for_kerbal_space_program_by_lord_inu_hanyou-dbhp8de.png
    [06/16 11:51] [Combat (Self)] Your Advanced Dual Heavy Radiant Antiproton Cannons - Hypercharge deals 237970 (113626) Antiproton Damage(Critical) to Tactical Cube.
    AHAHAHA! Eat it Borg!
    [09/15 11:01] [Combat (Self)] You lose 12187085 Cold Damage from Death.
    Death is OP, please nerf. I BLAME KURLAND FOR THIS!
    So, you managed to take over Zira's Empire? Or did you finally take over Aeronaut's Evil Rootbeer Empire of Evil?
    Izzy had no empire. Izzy is harmless. And I cannot drink root beer so I do not care.
    [06/16 11:51] [Combat (Self)] Your Advanced Dual Heavy Radiant Antiproton Cannons - Hypercharge deals 237970 (113626) Antiproton Damage(Critical) to Tactical Cube.
    AHAHAHA! Eat it Borg!
  • loukocloukoc Member Posts: 1,189 Arc User
    *clears throat*

Ahem.
  • kitsunesnoutkitsunesnout Member Posts: 1,210 Arc User
    loukoc wrote: »
    *clears throat*

Ahem.

YOU! *Rolling pounce!* You're not getting away! =^.^=
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    *pulls a kyubi tail*​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
    *Ends up pouncing empty air* Darn, he escaped!
    *pulls a kyubi tail*​​

Hurry and help sniff him out, he's still got your chocolate! *Ransacks every corner of the thread in search of Canelow*
  • loukocloukoc Member Posts: 1,189 Arc User
    Close!

Wow, a new Sci ship on the event. This should be interesting.
    So I have been playing the Total conversion mod Star Trek Armada 3: A Call to Arms for the game Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion, and it is fun to play. Romulans OP as hell. They get the Scimitar as their Titan and that thing is a beast. Next I'll try playing the Cardassian faction and having to runs where I stay with the Loyalists and one with the Dominion.
    AHAHAHA! Eat it Borg!
    edited February 2016
    So, I was spending the day with our drummer. We were discussing literature, and I genuinely said "Edgar Allan Purr," instead of "Poe."

*note to self*
    Stop playing STO. It makes you say silly things.
    Blargh, anyone alive?
    AHAHAHA! Eat it Borg!
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    *ambush pounce* always​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
    All threads must eventually fade... even the best of them.
    edited March 2016
    Deleted
    Post edited by kitsunesnout on
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    So..I did what I thought I would never do, ended up deleting STO for now..
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
    Seriously speaking though, a ghost never keeps returning unless they feel there is unfinished business that ought to be finished. One can always try to re-approach this game with a clean slate perspective, just forget everything you knew (more or less) and treat it almost like a new game. MMO's change, it's just how it goes... The changes aren't always good, but not all the changes are bad either.

Since you appear to have forgotten, I already finished my business: http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1205609/an-open-letter-to-everyone/p1

Do not call me a ghost. I have just as much a right to drop by here as I have always had.
    voporak wrote: »
    Seriously speaking though, a ghost never keeps returning unless they feel there is unfinished business that ought to be finished. One can always try to re-approach this game with a clean slate perspective, just forget everything you knew (more or less) and treat it almost like a new game. MMO's change, it's just how it goes... The changes aren't always good, but not all the changes are bad either.

Since you appear to have forgotten, I already finished my business: http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1205609/an-open-letter-to-everyone/p1

Do not call me a ghost. I have just as much a right to drop by here as I have always had.

*Nods* my apologies then, no hard feelings were intended. In further hindsight, I'm not very happy about the state of affairs either. I've still been trying to find more reason to login myself admittedly, cause of various issues that are seriously harming this game in the long run. I've just been trying to remain optimistic, and treat STO as something to still occasionally fall back on when I get bored of other games, but that appeal is starting to fade sadly, and I can understand how you feel about things.

I always keep confronting the usual issue of there really actually being nothing "serious" left to do in this game, and I'll admit it right now, PVP actually was quite a big deal for me in the past, it was quite a compelling factor to work towards stuff for that. Now it's pretty much just PVE that is really no longer fun (And it used to be a lot more fun in the past, till Delta Rising happened), or just waiting for the regular new episodes you play for 30 mins, or playing the market game, which I got tired of due to the grind factor that also involves.

Last time I tried PVP a few days ago with a good longtime friend of mine in this game, it used to be a regular thing we did a bit like a friendly rivalry, it was just silly, me and him probably hadn't seriously tried since Delta Rising, and it was super ridiculously one-sided due to all the trait, console, specialization, and you name it spam that in no way could ever be balanced, all because he didn't have the time and or money to invest in all the gimmicks I could throw on my ship. Now sure, we could have pulled a Vanilla PVP or something, but even then, it's just not the same anymore... He used to be the nigh unkillable tank I always challenged myself to defeat, but now, totally can decimate him in no time without any possibility of fighting back, even though I'm still just a sci.

As for the next issue, the ultimate inflation of the market as a whole in this game, it's prohibitive now unless you have hours every day to devote to it with an army of alts (An army I do have, 18 strong, but not the time anymore, I have however only seriously played one char as my main, rest were farmers), or a very disposable income, neither of which apply to me now.
    *Nods* my apologies then, no hard feelings were intended. In further hindsight, I'm not very happy about the state of affairs either. I've still been trying to find more reason to login myself admittedly, cause of various issues that are seriously harming this game in the long run. I've just been trying to remain optimistic, and treat STO as something to still occasionally fall back on when I get bored of other games, but that appeal is starting to fade sadly, and I can understand how you feel about things.

I always keep confronting the usual issue of there really actually being nothing "serious" left to do in this game, and I'll admit it right now, PVP actually was quite a big deal for me in the past, it was quite a compelling factor to work towards stuff for that. Now it's pretty much just PVE that is really no longer fun (And it used to be a lot more fun in the past, till Delta Rising happened), or just waiting for the regular new episodes you play for 30 mins, or playing the market game, which I got tired of due to the grind factor that also involves.

Last time I tried PVP a few days ago with a good longtime friend of mine in this game, it used to be a regular thing we did a bit like a friendly rivalry, it was just silly, me and him probably hadn't seriously tried since Delta Rising, and it was super ridiculously one-sided due to all the trait, console, specialization, and you name it spam that in no way could ever be balanced, all because he didn't have the time and or money to invest in all the gimmicks I could throw on my ship. Now sure, we could have pulled a Vanilla PVP or something, but even then, it's just not the same anymore... He used to be the nigh unkillable tank I always challenged myself to defeat, but now, totally can decimate him in no time without any possibility of fighting back, even though I'm still just a sci.

As for the next issue, the ultimate inflation of the market as a whole in this game, it's prohibitive now unless you have hours every day to devote to it with an army of alts (An army I do have, 18 strong, but not the time anymore, I have however only seriously played one char as my main, rest were farmers), or a very disposable income, neither of which apply to me now.

I hate to say "I told you so," (directed at everyone who said I was pessimistic) but frankly it's what I've been saying for two years now. The game's quality has just crumbled, y'know? Or has it?

One thing I can never get over is that time and time again, season after season, year after year, through every failure and manipulation and the occasional lie put out by Cryptic, people still carry on like STO isn't a cheap Trek amusement park that literally sacrificed the amazing potential of PvP, exploration, the Foundry, and actual PvE challenge. I cannot fathom how the majority of players just treat this quality degradation as normal. But here's the sad part: that's only from our perspective.

Most everyone is just fine with the state of the game, and they don't care about PvP, et al. The majority of players simply don't recognize or don't want to recognize that this game had loads of potential to be the absolute greatest space MMO on the market. They're fine with a decent but not outstanding game. They're fine with never holding Cryptic accountable. Want proof? I've got loads!

If you criticize an update for being broken/buggy/rushed, what do forumites shout at you? "Be glad you're getting anything at all!"
    If you ask for a feature to be fixed, say PvP, and it's feature most people don't use (vicious cycle, people don't use it because it's broken), what do forumites shout at you? "The devs shouldn't waste their time on that!"
    If you buy a C-store ship only for it to be obsoleted three months later by the next shiny, what do forumites shout at you? "It's an MMO, they can change stuff whenever they want."

To hell with this, I say. Just because it's a free-to-play doesn't mean we must accept everything they do. We do pay the bills, after all. I know I've gone off on a rant, but I need to rant. Nothing has made me angrier over the years than people just sitting there taking it, when Cryptic should be held accountable and should be pushed to make a great game. And there are lots of people who will gladly take to the forums to actively tell me that I'm wrong for questioning them, that I should leave if I don't like what Cryptic is doing. In my opinion, it is those people that should leave - you don't get anywhere by just taking it, and you go backwards by telling people off for not taking it.
    MMO's change, it's just how it goes...

I do understand the point you make here... though I hope that my rant can at least make you realize how prevalent this attitude is and what it accomplishes, or rather does not accomplish in the big picture. It has always been my mission to fight against it.

I don't mean to offend or anything, we're all friends here. Cordial argument (in the rhetorical sense) is seriously lacking in this forum, anyway.
  • mjarbarmjarbar Member Posts: 2,084 Arc User
    Well while ya'll were loungin' and lollygagging around, some of the members of the FSF and FSF armada got together to help shoot a promo video for a new internet radio station and show.

This is a very early edit and more work needs to be done, but we thought we would share so you can see what we are getting up to between bouts of blowing the Borg to kingdom come and sending the Voth back to pre-history!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOm07pQ5GEU&feature=youtu.be​​
    hZbIdbh.jpg
    THANK YOU FOUNDRY - YOUR CONTENT GAVE ME MANY HAPPY HOURS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • captain2400captain2400 Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    Hey guys sorry I haven't been able to play for so long cause of this silly problem which I still don't know if its my laptop or a bug on their end I've tried to get on many times after the new patch's I don't know for sure but I sadly think I may have to uninstall the game till this gets fixed or till I can get a new laptop or something :(:'(
    edited August 2016
    voporak wrote: »

I hate to say "I told you so," (directed at everyone who said I was pessimistic) but frankly it's what I've been saying for two years now. The game's quality has just crumbled, y'know? Or has it?

One thing I can never get over is that time and time again, season after season, year after year, through every failure and manipulation and the occasional lie put out by Cryptic, people still carry on like STO isn't a cheap Trek amusement park that literally sacrificed the amazing potential of PvP, exploration, the Foundry, and actual PvE challenge. I cannot fathom how the majority of players just treat this quality degradation as normal. But here's the sad part: that's only from our perspective.

Most everyone is just fine with the state of the game, and they don't care about PvP, et al. The majority of players simply don't recognize or don't want to recognize that this game had loads of potential to be the absolute greatest space MMO on the market. They're fine with a decent but not outstanding game. They're fine with never holding Cryptic accountable. Want proof? I've got loads!

If you criticize an update for being broken/buggy/rushed, what do forumites shout at you? "Be glad you're getting anything at all!"
    If you ask for a feature to be fixed, say PvP, and it's feature most people don't use (vicious cycle, people don't use it because it's broken), what do forumites shout at you? "The devs shouldn't waste their time on that!"
    If you buy a C-store ship only for it to be obsoleted three months later by the next shiny, what do forumites shout at you? "It's an MMO, they can change stuff whenever they want."

To hell with this, I say. Just because it's a free-to-play doesn't mean we must accept everything they do. We do pay the bills, after all. I know I've gone off on a rant, but I need to rant. Nothing has made me angrier over the years than people just sitting there taking it, when Cryptic should be held accountable and should be pushed to make a great game. And there are lots of people who will gladly take to the forums to actively tell me that I'm wrong for questioning them, that I should leave if I don't like what Cryptic is doing. In my opinion, it is those people that should leave - you don't get anywhere by just taking it, and you go backwards by telling people off for not taking it.
    MMO's change, it's just how it goes...

I do understand the point you make here... though I hope that my rant can at least make you realize how prevalent this attitude is and what it accomplishes, or rather does not accomplish in the big picture. It has always been my mission to fight against it.

I don't mean to offend or anything, we're all friends here. Cordial argument (in the rhetorical sense) is seriously lacking in this forum, anyway.

Well, painfully, I'm finding myself only further able to agree. Have been another period of just not finding a great deal of reason to login, even during some events like the latest one (I tend to not bother with playing events only rewarding Admiralty cards, it just isn't worth my time), just not compelling enough. I even not far back completed my Iconian ship trilogy I wanted for so long due to the ship market deflation, but again, it's always back to the same thing in the end. You can keep chasing the shinies, but once you have them, then what? Same story in the end.

I've even recently for the first time in my gaming history been bringing out my wallet (after all, time equals money and vice versa, grinding is much less sensible than buying even if you have a low income), and what game has been getting a piece of my wallet? It isn't STO I'll say that much, even if STO is FTP, it still needs far FAR more reason to make me want to spend as well, and needs better mileage for my money. In another game I frequent now, I can get tons of stuff I'll get far more enjoyment and playtime mileage out of than here for what the price of a single ship tends to cost, (Not to even mention one of those outrageous cost promo ships I wouldn't pay for even if I was a millionaire) and almost never becomes obsolete.

Of course, that begs why am I still here at all? Well, once in a while it's still something to do with a friend or two, and of course, it's still the only real Trek option even if a theme park. There is also some remaining nostalgia from when I first played STO. And lastly of course, I still like new story missions, though I haven't found the ones past the Iconian arc all that interesting in a deeper sense. The missions have been feeling rather, rushed/simple and just lacking in story substance and rather random. I also want to do more than just "shoot at all the things!" for the billionth time, my torpedo tube maintenance crew and I would always welcome a break from that tedium. I hope the story eventually gains some depth again with far reaching plot elements like was the case with the Iconians, not to say that plot was without it's flaws either, the Iconian war could have been done much better, at least it ended well enough in a way that resembled a proper Trek-ish one.

Edit: and on a final note from the last paragraph, because I also invested so much time into this game from early on, I do have a lot of things from back then that are still in use to this day. While a lot of my past grinding has felt like a questionable use of my time, at least some of it still has merit and enjoyment to this day, but I seriously hope some big changes do come in a better way, but I'm not holding my breath.
  • mjarbarmjarbar Member Posts: 2,084 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    Just to let everyone know CSP has started doing the CSP podcasts again. If there is a topic or something you would like to see discussed please let me know here or in game @mjarbar via game mail or catphone if I'm on.

LLAP and Qapla'
    hZbIdbh.jpg
    THANK YOU FOUNDRY - YOUR CONTENT GAVE ME MANY HAPPY HOURS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    Not sure I like the new forum design.
    AHAHAHA! Eat it Borg!
    It is not that bad, to be honest.
    Also, is anyone able to launch STO? For me, the launcher keeps crashing.
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    Finally returned to STO for the most part. Just mainly on PS4 atm, I may be running around on PC every now and then just to hang out until my computer can be upgraded. Mostly I'll be in chat just from pidgin so hope to be able to talk to everyone again soon that I have yet to see again.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png