test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] The Undiscovered Lockbox

1235»

Comments

• psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    I'm glad they put the NX in the lobi store myself, that way people can get it if they want it, no games of chance.
    I think that was a good call on Cryptic's behalf. Really excited about it.
    Hope it has it's own bridge.

Buying it off the Exchange with EC made from selling lockbox keys would achieve the same effect.

Selling it in the C-store would have been way better, of course. That way at least it would've been an account unlock, and I probably would have been willing to buy it.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • starfallarmadastarfallarmada Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    cidstorm wrote: »
    As a die hard TWOK era fan this lockbox is a huge disappointment. Those are TOS ships.

Agreed, when I saw the announcement I expected a T6 Miranda or something

So much both of these! I started reading all excited and then bam, utter disappointment. T6 Miranda, T6 Oberth...that would have made sense. This does not make any sense. Not even any "Undiscovered country" Klingon outfits? This is not movie era stuff, this is a grabbag with bad marketing
  • jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    artan42 wrote: »
    jexsamx wrote: »
    Thank you for indirectly admitting the Command Cruisers are just updated Typhoons. Too many fanboys are too willfully ignorant to see it. Whether or not it's an improvement is subjective, but you can't just tell me it's not a Typhoon when it clearly is.

Nope. Unlike the Command Cruisers, this ship actually follows the same lines as the Typhoon (or at least does from the limited views I've seen) the CCs share the same number of nacelles a the Typhoon which equates to the same thing to those with a crippling lack of imagination.

*shakes head*

The lengths one goes to to delude oneself...
  • tuskin67tuskin67 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    Nope. Unlike the Command Cruisers, this ship actually follows the same lines as the Typhoon (or at least does from the limited views I've seen) the CCs share the same number of nacelles a the Typhoon which equates to the same thing to those with a crippling lack of imagination.

Look at the pictures in the Stats blog, it follows the command cruisers a lot closer then the Typhoon, the nacelles are even attached to the saucer, not the hull.
    Hope it has it's own bridge.

It doesn't. Confirmed by Thomas on Reddit.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    I can't believe they T6'd this stuff before they T6'd the Kit-bashed junk still floating around Wolf 359. :)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • tuskin67tuskin67 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    I can't believe they T6'd this stuff before they T6'd the Kit-bashed junk still floating around Wolf 359. :)

You just stated why, they're junk lol
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    edited January 2017
    tuskin67 wrote: »
    the nacelles are even attached to the saucer, not the hull.

Granted they'e not on the secondary hull.... but I question your definition of 'attached to the saucer'
  • hmkchmkc Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    staq16 wrote: »
    I will say it's really too bad you guys couldn't work a deal with the Franz Joseph Estate and get the rights to use his design (from the Star Trek Technical Manual (circa. 1975)) for the original 3 nacelle TOS era Dreadnaught design.
    tos_dreadnought_by_metlesitsfleetyards.jpg
    ^^^
    there's another ship I would have paid to own in game.

That's one of the most ridiculous designs ever. Slapping a nacelle anywhere, does not a cool ship make.

Just as bad as the Galaxy-X dreadnought. A poor idea doesn't really get better if you TOSify it (or vice versa.)

I have to admit that the third nacelle on the TnG Enterprise D gave the ship better balance for that particular design.

Given that the Franz Josef dread has been around since the 70s, I think it's much more likely that All Good Things' upgunned, 3-nacelle Enterprise was inspired by it rather than the other way around. I always assumed that was why Cryptic dubbed it a "dreadnought" in the first place.
    At least they are running lock box key sale now. Time to convert all my dil to Zen, buy discounted keys, and then depending on key pricing when the box drops decide to roll the dice or sell the keys for a greatly inflated EC cost and buy new ships.....NX Refit and TOS Dreadnought (ish) .......cryptic, here's my wallet! Def wish they hadn't BOTH been lockbox ships though.....literally I hate that they aren't account unlock, otherwise I'm all for them. The rarity, the price on the open market, all that is fine, but really really really annoying that they are character specific.

Now there a promotion Cryptic should run a "KEY Ring" that unbinds items that are "Character" specific.

Since the Agents of Yesterday" pack and the subsequent making of a NEW character -which, in my case, it's the same exact character with the TOS essence and effects - I just wish there was a way to transfer one's own character(s) attributes (reputation) since I just hate the fact that I have to re-grind all the stuff I did before....it would be a time saver!
    Kirk out!
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    After all this time...I'd hope things may have changed a little...but nope lol.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised of the favortism...give the fed fighters beams while TRIBBLE over the romulans and klingons with dual cannons.
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    jexsamx wrote: »

*shakes head*

The lengths one goes to to delude oneself...

The lengths people go to to ignore them being four nacelled Excelsiors and not shaped in anyway like the amplified Sovereign. Odd...
    tuskin67 wrote: »

Look at the pictures in the Stats blog, it follows the command cruisers a lot closer then the Typhoon, the nacelles are even attached to the saucer, not the hull.

It could well do. I'd still need to play with it a bit in the Foundry and see all the angles. Seeing a couple of little views on limited pictures is what leads people to mistake unrelated ships for another.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    Anyone have a pic of the pulse phasers in action yet??
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    Why are they saying this is a wrath of kahn movie era themed box when al of the ships are TOS style era?

And why doesnt this bother anyone else? Not much talk about it.
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,386 Arc User
    Why are they saying this is a wrath of kahn movie era themed box when al of the ships are TOS style era?

And why doesnt this bother anyone else? Not much talk about it.
    The ships may be TOS-themed but not the rest of the box.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User

Check reddit, there's a video there. They look fine, but sound nothing like the movie phasers, unfortunately. No video for ground weapons yet.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • tiekosoratiekosora Member Posts: 325 Arc User
    Question regarding this box, and claiming say the Klingon KT ship. If memory serves, when opening the Kelvin lockbox, if you got a reward for one of the Kelvin ships, it was for your faction only. Is that the same this time around? I don't want to open a bunch of lockboxes on one character of one faction, and not be able to claim the specific faction ship I want.
    18EOWbV.jpg

They make a wondrous mess of things. Brave amateurs, they do their part.
  • themadprofessor#9835 themadprofessor Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFldM_LWK8I
    Space Barbie Extraordinaire. Got a question about Space Barbie? Just ask.

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
    2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
    3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
    4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
    5) True Vanity Impulse and Deflector effects similar to Vanity Shields.
    6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
    7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
    8) Independent Faction, because yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me!
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,386 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    tiekosora wrote: »
    Question regarding this box, and claiming say the Klingon KT ship. If memory serves, when opening the Kelvin lockbox, if you got a reward for one of the Kelvin ships, it was for your faction only. Is that the same this time around? I don't want to open a bunch of lockboxes on one character of one faction, and not be able to claim the specific faction ship I want.
    Fortunately, no.
    When you get the big prize, you get it in a way of a box that you can trade and sell, it's called "special requisition pack - 23rd century tier 6 dreadnought". Then, depending on which faction you open it with, you get another box that contains the faction-specific ship. It can also be traded.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    That's the way that cr*p should always have worked. Prize matches opener not the one who got the Box.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • eagle12hawkeagle12hawk Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Wish they would of put the nx refit in the c-store.
  • theanothernametheanothername Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    That Federation TOS dread... is it compatible with the TOS ship interior that is sold?

edit: got an "yes it is" in another thread.
    Post edited by theanothername on
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,661 Arc User

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFldM_LWK8I

Sweet :D
    dvZq2Aj.jpg