test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

PC Patch Notes for 1/12/17

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,677 Community Manager
edited January 2017 in Galactic News Network [PC]
Greetings Captains!
We will be having a maintenance tomorrow 1/12 at 6AM Pacific for 3.5 hours. You can find our patch notes here.

=/\=
We value your feedback and want to help direct it to the right locations. Please check the following link to redirect to the best sub-forums to post your replies.
Experiencing a Gameplay Bug with our latest patch? Please click this link to be taken to our Gameplay Bug Report Section to file your reports.
Thank you for the assistance!
The Star Trek Online Team

Comments

• Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    No fix for the new Cherry and Lime Epohhs not being able to exchange for marks, then??

Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    still waiting for this to appear in patch notes:
    The Brightness setting now properly re-enables itself when playing in Windowed mode, if the player changes focus to a different program, then back to Neverwinter.

neverwinter got this issue fixed and the fix is going live tomorrow, and their version of the issue hasn't been around nearly as long as STO's...what's the holdup?​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,413 Arc User
    Resolved an issue where the ship separating power would cause the part the player was not in to immediately disappear.
    Real happy to see this.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • Options
    timbo2008timbo2008 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    You forgot to mention new infinity lock box maybe some t6 tal shiar ships somthing that makes me wanna continue to spend money and play this game
  • Options
    fadmbambamfadmbambam Member Posts: 656 Arc User
    And still no fix for the starbase 2016 decorations.
  • Options
    fadmbambamfadmbambam Member Posts: 656 Arc User
    sunfrancks wrote: »
    No fix for the new Cherry and Lime Epohhs not being able to exchange for marks, then??
    Yep.... I'd love to turn all those in too.
  • Options
    stormstryke2stormstryke2 Member Posts: 252 Arc User
    The AoY event characters that were parked with the starter kits still unable to equip kits since October not even on the known issue list since October.
  • Options
    sgtfloydpepper#7911 sgtfloydpepper Member Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    Be nice if I didn't have to listen to D'Tan yammer on everytime I beam down to New Romulus...
    1xe027q.png
  • Options
    eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,036 Arc User
    Please be aware that the UTC time is wrong .... Should read 14:00 - 17:30 not 13:00 - 14:30 as stated on launcher
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    The AoY event characters that were parked with the starter kits still unable to equip kits since October not even on the known issue list since October.
    Reading is Fundamental:
    Resolved an issue where some kit frames were not being converted.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    rezkingrezking Member Posts: 1,109 Arc User
    Rom BOffs are still lagging behind when moving.
    They can't run.
    NO to ARC
    RIP KDF and PvP 2014-07-17 Season 9.5 - Death by Dev
  • Options
    thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,984 Arc User
    Still suffering continuous warp outs.

I know it's in work, but put more people on it please.

At least make it so everyone is effected so everyone can share the same problem and better empathize with those that have been suffering with it instead of posting the usual, "I haven't experienced this once."
  • Options
    vorwodavorwoda Member Posts: 695 Arc User
    rezking wrote: »
    They can't run.

23rd Century BOFFs (at least, the storyline ones) suffer from this, too.

And still no comment on or fix for the 23rd Century Gorn outfits not unlocking as intended, thought this was listed as a known issue in Patch notes at and shortly after AoY's release. Please, DEVs, fix it, or at least return it to the Known Issues list.

• Options
    szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    rezking wrote: »
    They can't run.

That's my number 1 issue right now too. It happens with AOY Boffs as well. But even my 25th century Boffs can't keep up with me anymore when I'm using my frosted boots.
  • Options
    thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,984 Arc User
    Wow, the CTD when deleting multiple mails is back even before the patch?
  • Options
    sgtfloydpepper#7911 sgtfloydpepper Member Posts: 1,111 Arc User

It wasn't fixed to begin with.
    1xe027q.png
  • Options
    grumpyowl#1151 grumpyowl Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    I too have multiple Cherry Epohhs that I'd like to trade for Marks. Fix please.
  • Options
    adorkabledoriadorkabledori Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    No fix either for users of AMD Graphical Cards where the game refuses to recognize the latest drivers for these GPU's, with crashes or reduced performances as result.
  • Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,200 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    Resolved an issue where the ship separating power would cause the part the player was not in to immediately disappear.
    Real happy to see this.
    YESS! I just hope it fixes multi-vector as well since it seems as if they were only implying a single part.

It wasn't fixed to begin with.
    I seem to recall that they did fix it last year despite its return as soon as the Winter event came for this year.

Post edited by avoozuul on
  • Options
    dakotadahotnessdakotadahotness Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    Well people and positions may have changed but obviously the method hasn't. They are using the politician maneuver "If we don't recognize there is a problem (Cherry Epoohs) then we don't have to deal with it. It's worked for Defera and a large number of problems that are just to manyto keep up with.
  • Options
    No fix either for users of AMD Graphical Cards where the game refuses to recognize the latest drivers for these GPU's, with crashes or reduced performances as result.

I rolled back my drivers to the 16.8.3 August release, and all the crashing stopped for me. The game now stops nagging me, too!

Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    adorkabledoriadorkabledori Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited January 2017

I rolled back my drivers to the 16.8.3 August release, and all the crashing stopped for me. The game now stops nagging me, too!

So that is the solution: Roll back the drivers. Excuse me, Star Trek Online isn't the only game/software on my system. Most of it do benefit of the performance gain by the latest drivers and had bug fixes by it. Plus, not to forget the continued fix of the heat and power consumption of the RX series. Give up those benefits simply because Crytpic is too lazy or not willing to recognize this issue, is in my opinion a stupid move.

Edit: As expected, rolling back to driver 16.8.3 has it negatif effects upon other software that I am using aka crashing or not booting.

• Options

So that is the solution: Roll back the drivers. Excuse me, Star Trek Online isn't the only game/software on my system. Most of it do benefit of the performance gain by the latest drivers and had bug fixes by it. Plus, not to forget the continued fix of the heat and power consumption of the RX series. Give up those benefits simply because Crytpic is too lazy or not willing to recognize this issue, is in my opinion a stupid move.

I agree with you, just trying to help, which is more than what Cryptic are doing....
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    noobulusprime#8572 noobulusprime Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    In the Orion System i always get stuck inside the star lolll, have to transwarp to get out. maybe it's on my end though. Cheers and all the best :)
  • Options
    doyouwdoyouw Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited January 2017

I agree with you, just trying to help, which is more than what Cryptic are doing....

why would they ? after all... there is NO SPOON !

more seriously, I have asus strix RX470 4GB and RX480 8GB, with 16.11.4 drivers. what is the issue with AMD cards ?
    running in DX11, without DirectLight 2.0 (re enabled reflection+shadows at max and game is as it was before DL 2.0)
    Post edited by doyouw on
    Dark Side (KDF)
    HOUSE OF BORG
    "I am FLATULUS of Borg, Resistance if Futile! Prepare to pull my finger!"

cube.jpg
  • Options
    ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,677 Community Manager
    Our weekly #STO PC maintenance is now complete. Thanks for your patience, and we'll see you in game!
This discussion has been closed.