Install Arc
Options

Shift + S = ticking me off...

2»

Comments

• Options
    wendysue53wendysue53 Member Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    I wouldn't mind the Shift-S, if it only it was out of chat, rather than everytime the Shift is in combination of chat.

Spuk in Winterwonderland suggested using ctrl-p and ctrl-l because they are more out of the way, for accidental use. I'll try that out as soon as I get into the Arc Keybinds.

I'm amazed there isn't a thread about the Streaming feedback.

Arc uses overlays, which means it is like a filter that covers the screen of any program running through it. Shift+S can only be everywhere on the screen of that program, since it ISN'T part of the game, but a separate application - one that they seem to connect to the associated games no matter how you try to stop it. Then again, if you remove arc or open the game separately and it friggs up, you may not be able to check the files and would, in this theory (since I haven't bothered to attempt it with STO as buggy as it is), not be able to fix it without a full reinstall (up to 3+ hours sometimes).

So.. yeah Arc Suckith.

The draw back to the file check is that if the corrupted file is inside another file, then the file check service will come up all green even though it's running in the red. So, if you have to ever do a file check and the program still craps out, write off several hours of game time - because you're going to be doing a Hard Reinstall unless you wait for the next update. (Wanted to say 'next upgrade', but the only upgrade I could think of was the 2.0 system, which is a mad bull in a china shop for most people.) And Arc and STO don't have a 'Quick Reinstall' option, even though they should.
  • Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    I got this problem in Neverwinter. And I can't seem to figure out how to plat it without Acr, since I click the NW icon, and arc comes up, I try to exit Arc and it says I can't exist, because NW is in use. @_@;; Can anyone help with that?

uninstall, go to steam, d/l steam version, play NWO w/o arc

or just access the .exe directly
  • Options
    Or just do what everyone has been saying and do as @kodachikuno just said. Steam, at least, as the uninstall/reinstall feature which the Arc Loader (depending on which you're stuck with) doesn't always have.
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    ARC always had a way to uninstall a game for me; just right-click the game's icon in the game library and hit Uninstall​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    I don't see Steam as less bad than Arc...

anyways you can bind a function key to this IIRC. F2 or F9 might be good.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    whiteknight1xwhiteknight1x Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    PW just change it from Shift + S to Shirt + Tab. FYI: you can change the key bind from the ARC client. Upper Right corner is a Setting icon. Under In game tab.
  • Options
    Problem with that, @whiteknight1x, is that Shift +Tab is the open/close combo for Arc Social - aka: this forum - when you are in the game.
  • Options
    Also... shift+tab is annoying in itself since that interrupts my ability to play Champions Online. (hold shift to block, use tab to select next enemy... oh wait....
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    Also... shift+tab is annoying in itself since that interrupts my ability to play Champions Online.

people still play that abandonware?
  • Options
    Also... shift+tab is annoying in itself since that interrupts my ability to play Champions Online.

people still play that abandonware?

Oddly enough, you'll a lot more people there than you will in STO.
  • Options
    I struggle to play dcuo for lack of city of villains so I suppose I shouldnt be too surprised... man city of titans cant get done soon enough
  • Options
    I struggle to play dcuo for lack of city of villains so I suppose I shouldnt be too surprised... man city of titans cant get done soon enough
    I think abandon ware is better than vapor ware. at least it got finished at some time. :p But they actually are adding new things to CO, mostly small ones. this year they made the open world boss in their Christmas event even more annoying. :p
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    I think abandon ware is better than vapor ware. at least it got finished at some time. :p But they actually are adding new things to CO, mostly small ones. this year they made the open world boss in their Christmas event even more annoying. :p

except CoT isn't vaporware. Its also been in development a rather short time, and being done by a small team.