test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Solution for "Error 2: File Not Found" ???

Comments

• Options
    locutusnrglocutusnrg Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    Zendiel: Hi there! I'm Game Master Zendiel and I'm reviewing your ticket information right now. How are you doing today?
    gdcc@contractor.net: Zendiel how good to see you again Hope all is well
    Zendiel: I am glad to hear that you are doing well today. I see that you are unable to update the game.
    gdcc@contractor.net: correct apparently im not the only one either and ive reinstalled per IT 3 times and still get Error2: File not found restaring in 9 seconds and its a continous loop i then tried tribble and got 99 percent patched then same error
    gdcc@contractor.net: It was working friday and then Saturday from different pc but then I got home and this :((
    Zendiel: We're sorry for any frustration this may have caused and we can confirm that the developers are aware of the issue and are investigating it further. At this time time we can't say when it will be fixed and we encourage you to keep an eye on our website and official game forums for updates.
    Zendiel: You're welcome. For now, if we do have an update from this issue, we will be contacting you again from the ticket 161121-001182.
    gdcc@contractor.net: ok sounds good thank you
    Zendiel: You're welcome. Is there anything else I can help you with today?
    gdcc@contractor.net: i think thats it Thank you LLAP
    Zendiel: Thanks again for taking the time to chat with me. Have a great day!
    gdcc@contractor.net: you too
    You have disconnected.
    LOQTUS2 of UNIMATRIX-001
    HIVEMIND
  • Options
    pcm979pcm979 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    > @argamor03 said:
    > Patch notes are now posted. No mention of this issue, though.

Darn. Well, it's time to lower my expectations again.
  • Options
    lordtrump#7705 lordtrump Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    i was about to give you money without even trying the game. die hard st fan just found out about this. you let me down like jj abrams did
  • Options
    captinjacksparowcaptinjacksparow Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    argamor03 wrote: »

Yeah, I just read over them. That sucks. It's not even mentioned in the "known issues" section either.
  • Options
    g4merlongleyg4merlongley Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    3 days to fix a missing dll file? this company really doesn't care about it's players does it.
  • Options
    Hopefully this helps you guys. It worked for me thankfully. Under options on the launcher turn off on-demand patching and patch it; it is about a 5 gig patch. Let it finish until you get the error again. Let it repeat maybe a couple times as it cycles. Now turn back on on-demand patching and close your launcher and start it up again. And Voila--your welcome :) Any thanks send them to the Tribble Queen, me!! Enjoy guys hope it works for you as it did for me :) Play Long and prosper!!
  • Options
    Now Cryptic since I fixed this prob for you, how about you fix my xbox 360 controller so I have turn rate again lol. It really sucks playing with a keyboard on the couch. Thank you :) Actually I haven't played since it broke with the new mod tbh other than the event. So please fix :)
  • Options
    stokered2stokered2 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    argamor03 wrote: »

How the frap kan they release an update that makes no mention of the issue or supply a fix for this?!

The guys who develop STO sure lowers the bar in communication, community participation and productivity. Had i done this poorly at work i would've been fire years ago.
  • Options
    Oh nice just got back to the game after a few days and tried my controller; looks to be fixed tyty :)
  • Options
    stokered2stokered2 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    lordslane wrote: »
    Hopefully this helps you guys. It worked for me thankfully. Under options on the launcher turn off on-demand patching and patch it; it is about a 5 gig patch. Let it finish until you get the error again. Let it repeat maybe a couple times as it cycles. Now turn back on on-demand patching and close your launcher and start it up again. And Voila--your welcome :) Any thanks send them to the Tribble Queen, me!! Enjoy guys hope it works for you as it did for me :) Play Long and prosper!!

And voila, it's still not working. The game is broken for now.
  • Options
    g4merlongleyg4merlongley Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    is it really this hard dev's just add the dll file to the patch server files, unless ofcourse you have really screwed up the game. this really sucks i actually paid for this game before it was free to play. and half the time i want to play it never works.i understand have patience, i understand things take time. but instead of fixing minor bugs why not make it so everyone can play.
  • Options
    captainthomaspeacaptainthomaspea Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    Let's hope when they upload the new patch it's fixes the missing file
  • Options
    mrmeirwright#4976 mrmeirwright Member Posts: 3 New User
    This is really disgusting and it feels like Cryptic cannot be bothered to sort out the problem. Any other game and this would have been sorted straight away.
  • Options
    sixtycastlesixtycastle Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    WOW, decided to come back and play after not playing for awhile and seems the game turned into one big mess of a cluster F***. I was even prepared to subscribe, but not with the existing issue of not being able to patch the game. You would like the devs would create a post to show they are actually listening to us or have they abandoned the game altogether and it is now being run by a couple of 15 year olds in mommy's basement.
  • Options
    sfccobraretsfccobraret Member Posts: 7 New User
    > @mrmeirwright#4976 said:
    > This is really disgusting and it feels like Cryptic cannot be bothered to sort out the problem. Any other game and this would have been sorted straight away.

Have called Cryptic...guy gave me the blow off just like PWE did....Said it was definitely a publisher/PWE issue.
  • Options
    zeromuppetzeromuppet Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I'm going to wait for the patch and see what happens before I get all dramatic about it. It wouldn't be the first time a late change didn't make it into the patch notes.
  • Options
    zeromuppet wrote: »
    I'm going to wait for the patch and see what happens before I get all dramatic about it. It wouldn't be the first time a late change didn't make it into the patch notes.

Here's to hoping.
  • Options
    danzee23danzee23 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Hello:

Similar story here, just to throw another name in the hat. I haven't played STO since 2013. I have a lifetime subscription from way back and wanted to check in and see how things look after spending so much time on SWTOR. I have tried to patch 3 machines, including a windows 10 machine and a windows 7 machine with no success.

I also tried placing the dll file in the game folder and all of the other suggestions on the forum. I think it's cool you guys respond and offer suggestions.

I have entered a ticket but I really don't get the sense from their replies that anything is being worked on. They say check the forums but this is the only thread I have found and I don't see any development comments or official acknowledgement. Hopefully I just missed it.

In any case, I hope this gets resolved as I have some time off coming and I would like to re-establish my toons.

Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    thraxton#5033 thraxton Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    > @lordslane said:
    > Hopefully this helps you guys. It worked for me thankfully. Under options on the launcher turn off on-demand patching and patch it; it is about a 5 gig patch. Let it finish until you get the error again. Let it repeat maybe a couple times as it cycles. Now turn back on on-demand patching and close your launcher and start it up again. And Voila--your welcome :) Any thanks send them to the Tribble Queen, me!! Enjoy guys hope it works for you as it did for me :) Play Long and prosper!!

Sorry to say, your suggestion didn't work. Thnx for posting it though.
  • Options
    captainthomaspeacaptainthomaspea Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    Looks like it's been fixed with the latest patch I'm able to patch without error now even tho servers are down for maintenance
  • Options
    lalairlalair Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    I built a brand new gaming computer the other day and the first game installed was STO. During the patch got the Error, file not found. I still had 2 other computes that were up and running STO, so I copied the complete Star Trek Online folder and subfolder to a portable HDD (11.5G) and transferred the folder to the new computer. The game started right up on the new computer. Sorry a little late to report a workaround for those that have access to another computer with working copy of STO on it. It looks like the new patch is working for you guys now.
  • Options
    captjackgumptioncaptjackgumption Member Posts: 3 New User
    Its saying for me its patched and I can engage. Wish me look!
  • Options
    zeromuppetzeromuppet Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Funny. Now my launcher crashes every time I open it and click a button. Hopefully that's temporary.
  • Options
    lordslane wrote: »

I did that and it seemed to work, thanks! The only problem is I have to wait until they've finished the maintenance to actually play.
  • Options
    thraxton#5033 thraxton Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    yep new patch works!
  • Options
    sfccobraretsfccobraret Member Posts: 7 New User
    Update since PWE/Arc obviously isn't....Patch is available and yes the much needed "lightFX.dll" is in the patch....got it to the sign in screen but shards are still down for maintenance.. See you all in game when the shards come up.
  • Options
    s40t4s40t4 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    After the patch of 11-22-2016 everything works again! Sad I cant finish the cc event, but glad things works again!
    See you in game captains!

Greetz
  • Options
    lordtrump#7705 lordtrump Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    working for me as well now!
  • Options
    Glad to see they fixed this. Sadly my turn rate is still terrible :( But happy you guys are back in game!! Have fun guys!!
  • Options
    legosofstarteklegosofstartek Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    This helped a lot comrademoco & tom61sto, with both of your solutions my game finally works.