test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Solution for "Error 2: File Not Found" ???

Comments

• rasidhrasidh Member Posts: 3 New User
    Its monday and still nothing, its just one file come on, dont wait for a suitable moment in the future to patch this along with other stuff, fix this now pls!
  • lordtrump#7705 lordtrump Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    got a response this morning. it looks like they are trying.

Response By Email (Tek) (11/21/2016 08:46 AM)
    Hello,

Thank you for contacting us.  The issue you are reporting is one that our engineers are aware of and are looking into a resolution for, though at this time we do not have much more info than that.  We apologize for any inconvenience that this has caused, and we hope to get you back in the game as soon as possible.  When we have a full solution we will let you know.

Regards,
    Tek
    Senior Game Master
  • phylok1phylok1 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    They are working on it, from all the responses we have gotten on tickets. So at this point we just have to wait. Yeah it's annoying but they will get it fixed. Hopefully today.
  • rasvajrasvaj Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hi... response on my ticket.

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us.

We're sorry for any frustration this may have caused and we can confirm that the developers are aware of the issue and are investigating it further. At this time time we can't say when it will be fixed and we encourage you to keep an eye on our website and official game forums for updates.

Let us know if there's anything else.

Regards,
    Mortolla
    Game Master
  • barnykillroybarnykillroy Member Posts: 1 New User
    just did a fresh install on the PC and getting this error, anyone have any luck?
  • lordtrump#7705 lordtrump Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    not yet, but it looks like they are working on it
  • sfccobraretsfccobraret Member Posts: 7 New User
    > @barnykillroy said:
    > just did a fresh install on the PC and getting this error, anyone have any luck?

Nothing....do see 3 shards on launcher now that wasn't there yesterday....holodeck, tribble, redshirt.....have tried all three to patch and still the same thing... And I guess ARC GM's too busy actually playing and giving everyone the brush off because NO one has posted any kind of updates from either ARC or PWI/Cryptic...makes ya wonder if they even know or are they all at some gamescon convention.
  • nyrkl#7503 nyrkl Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Got the same mail as anyone here:

Response By Email (Tek) (11/21/2016 10:19 AM)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us. The issue you are reporting is one that our engineers are aware of and are looking into a resolution for, though at this time we do not have much more info than that. We apologize for any inconvenience that this has caused, and we hope to get you back in the game as soon as possible. When we have a full solution we will let you know.

Regards,

Tek

Senior Game Master

Perfect World Entertainment
  • sfccobraretsfccobraret Member Posts: 7 New User
    So LoL, PWE actually sent me a customer service survey....doubt it will get read though...heck even their own Facebook Social Media public page hasn't been updated since 2014
  • kendolphkendolph Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    2 days - no fix yet. Are they using monkeys instead of programmers ? Do they even test the TRIBBLE they make before pushing it to the patch server ? I bet they outsourced it to India or something and they now can't understand what are "developers" telling them to do lol.
  • pcm979pcm979 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    I was literally seconds away from putting down for a Lifetime Subscription and a Legacy of Romulus pack, but if they want me to make that kind of investment, they'd better prove they're worth it. I could buy what, 30 functioning games for the same price?
  • ossifar#0590 ossifar Member Posts: 1 New User
    Me the same :(
  • smbcomixsmbcomix Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Yeah, I'm getting the same thing on my end too. Was really itching to come back to STO but I guess I'll have to use the console version until ARC gets their stuff together.
  • grimkorrgrimkorr Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    so.. day two, still no fix. I did get a reply from Customer Service. the same as above: can't indicate when it'll be fixed, but keep watching the announcements!

I queried about a compensation for time missed in the subscription time, as I subscribed again while downloading. "sorry, can't do that", in nicer words.. great customer service, yup. </sarcasm>
  • mpomasonmpomason Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    got this while I was asleep:
    Hello,

Thank you for contacting us.

I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues running the game because of an error. We're sorry for any frustration this may have caused and we can confirm that the developers are aware of the issue and are investigating it further. At this time time we can't say when it will be fixed and we encourage you to keep an eye on our website and official game forums for updates.

• captinjacksparowcaptinjacksparow Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    I'm gonna try installing STO through Steam and see what happens.
  • captainthomaspeacaptainthomaspea Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    If anybody has been able to get online pls upload the game files from the latest patch as this may work for those of us who cannot play currently
    I responded to their "survey"...I was not kind.
  • wiseguywoodwiseguywood Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Same grief I've encountered seemed to occur when I updated the ARC client. Didn't have any problem until then.
    Has anyone with a non Alienware PC installed the lighting software just to see if it would by pass it?
  • argamor03argamor03 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    phylok1 wrote: »
    Has anyone with a non Alienware PC installed the lighting software just to see if it would by pass it?

Yes, a few have. It hasn't worked.
  • mrsmith1701mrsmith1701 Member Posts: 1 New User
    > @captinjacksparow said:
    > I'm gonna try installing STO through Steam and see what happens.

I've been trying to through Steam since last night. No joy. Got on live chat with one of the Game Masters and all they said was that the team was aware and was working to correct, whatever that means. I said they should make an official announcement at least acknowledging the issue. "We don't if an announcement will be made." Come on, guy.
    I've tried everything; Steam, Arc, lighting software manual install, it doesn't work. The only method I've heard of that works reliably is to transfer the files over from a still-functioning installation.

Which begs the question: If there's a perfectly functional installation out there, what's taking them so long?
    argamor03 wrote: »
    phylok1 wrote: »

Yes, a few have. It hasn't worked.

Well that sucks :(
    The launcher now says that they will be performing shard maintenance tomorrow. I would assume that means they've found a fix. Too bad we have to wait another day, but at least it seems it'll be fixed.
    I've uninstalled the game until the fix is live; Does it specify the exact time? 'Tomorrow' is pretty vague given all the time zones around here- It's already the 22nd for me!
    edited November 2016
    pcm979 wrote: »
    I've uninstalled the game until the fix is live; Does it specify the exact time? 'Tomorrow' is pretty vague given all the time zones around here- It's already the 22nd for me!

7-9:30 AM Pacific (14:00-16:30 UTC)

However, I must point out that I haven't found out what the maintenance is fixing. I'm only assuming it's for the patch issue.
    Thanks. Fingers crossed!
  • captinjacksparowcaptinjacksparow Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    Launcher now says "We will be performing shard maintenance on November 22 from 7-9:30 AM Pacific (14:00-16:30 UTC). Please check the forums."

There is no release notes thread yet in the forums, though.