test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Solution for "Error 2: File Not Found" ???

Comments

• Options
    tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,656 Arc User
    The only workaround I've heard working so far is copying the install of another system and then Force Verifying that. Not much of an option for completely new players, unless a friend has it to copy to a thumbdrive. An install is around 14 Gigabytes, so not feasible for me to upload somewhere to grab.

While this won't help most of the people here, I have an idea for established players: Transfer a character to Redshirt or Tribble and then patch that up. The installs will pull files from whatever other server installs you have (I often use this to save time on patch days, by having test already patched the day before during the big patches.)
  • Options
    lexusk19lexusk19 Member Posts: 1,408 Arc User
    tom61sto wrote: »
    The only workaround I've heard working so far is copying the install of another system and then Force Verifying that. Not much of an option for completely new players, unless a friend has it to copy to a thumbdrive. An install is around 14 Gigabytes, so not feasible for me to upload somewhere to grab.

While this won't help most of the people here, I have an idea for established players: Transfer a character to Redshirt or Tribble and then patch that up. The installs will pull files from whatever other server installs you have (I often use this to save time on patch days, by having test already patched the day before during the big patches.)

I just tried patching Tribble and that is giving me the same error. Its their patching servers in general.
    1e3sni150tar.jpg
  • Options
    phylok1phylok1 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    Same here. No change with Tribble or Redshirt.
  • Options
    captinjacksparowcaptinjacksparow Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    I sent the report to Cryptic... They should be aware of the issue guys...

While we await for the fix... Popcorn and a Movie anyone?!? Family bonding time?! :)

Aye. I've been finishing up some homework and reading One Piece while I wait.
  • Options
    lonewolfa11lonewolfa11 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    got this response from the ticket.

Thank you for contacting us!

We can confirm that we are already aware of this particular issue. While we understand the need for a fast resolution, some issues require further action from departments outside our control, and cannot be immediately resolved by a GM. Please rest assured that our developers work to resolve all bugs as quickly as possible.

Thank you for your patience and understanding regarding this matter.
    Should you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,
    Zakarie
    Game Master
  • Options
    captjackgumptioncaptjackgumption Member Posts: 3 New User
    > @lonewolfa11 said:
    > got this response from the ticket.
    >
    > Thank you for contacting us!
    >
    > We can confirm that we are already aware of this particular issue. While we understand the need for a fast resolution, some issues require further action from departments outside our control, and cannot be immediately resolved by a GM. Please rest assured that our developers work to resolve all bugs as quickly as possible.
    >
    > Thank you for your patience and understanding regarding this matter.
    > Should you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to contact us again.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Zakarie
    > Game Master

Got exactly the same message. Good to see at least they are aware of the issue now so fingers crossed be up and working in the morrow.
  • Options
    sharpie65sharpie65 Member Posts: 679 Arc User
    I'm having the same problem, hopefully there's an emergency patch in the next day or two to fix this.
    MXeSfqV.jpg
  • Options
    Got a response back saying what was stated above. They better do a patch tomorrow Monday...
    1e3sni150tar.jpg
  • Options
    vcampbell330vcampbell330 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Same here, but I have been playing it for the past 5 years. but missed an update or 2.

I guess there is nothing to do but submit a ticket and try later
  • Options
    izulienizulien Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I too am having this, even after full uninstall and reinstall of both the STEAM and the ARC client versions. Ticket in place. Now we wait....
  • Options
    izulien wrote: »
    I too am having this, even after full uninstall and reinstall of both the STEAM and the ARC client versions. Ticket in place. Now we wait....

Yup, did that to. Now im patching my laptop to see if it will go through. :S
    1e3sni150tar.jpg
  • Options
    charlesk3000charlesk3000 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Got the same reply... seems today was a bad day to decide to start playing again after a few years
  • Options
    phylok1phylok1 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    Same basic reply. So at least the Dev's have acknowledged the issue exists.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Ok question, installed STO on laptop that had base game already on it. But now I cant find its install directory. Its just not there. Anyone know where it is?

Nvm, found it. For some reason it just leached it from steams folder where I forgot I had it installed.
    1e3sni150tar.jpg
  • Options
    I can confirm that if you have a version of STO on another PC that does work, then stealing that folder and putting on your main will fix the problem. But that only works if you had a copy to begin with :S
    1e3sni150tar.jpg
  • Options
    dashi112dashi112 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    "Response By Email (Zendiel) (11/20/2016 04:29 PM)
    Hello,

Thank you for contacting us.

We're sorry for any frustration this may have caused and we can confirm that the developers are aware of the issue and are investigating it further. At this time time we can't say when it will be fixed and we encourage you to keep an eye on our website and official game forums for updates.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/categories/star-trek-online-general-discussion

If you have any other concerns, feel free to contact us again.

Regards,
    Zendiel
    Game Master
    Perfect World Entertainment"

Woke up to that this morning
  • Options
    grazyc2#7847 grazyc2 Member Posts: 1,988 Arc User
    I'm having this same issue. Last night I tried to get on STO and Arc had me download it when I've already had STO on my computer for months, so I did, and I had to do a 4GB patch, so I let it go overnight. This morning I tried to get on and it needed to do a 46MB patch, and every time it would try to patch it did this. Hope this will be fixed soon...

Same issue as stated here at the last 46 MB it starts with the error 2 thing...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Coffee: the finest organic suspension ever devised. It's got me through the worst of the last three years. I beat the Borg with it."
  • Options
    grazyc2#7847 grazyc2 Member Posts: 1,988 Arc User
    Still not fixed, if the whole sto comunity has this they lose a lot off money on this LOLZZZ
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Coffee: the finest organic suspension ever devised. It's got me through the worst of the last three years. I beat the Borg with it."
  • Options
    lowleft#8801 lowleft Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    I submitted a Ticket right when this problem came up and late yesterday I get the same message as what is posted three above this post.

All in all it has been a disappointing start for a new player and I have given up at this point.
  • Options
    mrmeirwright#4976 mrmeirwright Member Posts: 3 New User
    I submitted a ticket two days ago and all I got back was that they were looking into it but that they didn't know when they will be fix the issue.

Not exactly reassuring is it?
  • Options
    qalawunqalawun Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    same here...
  • Options
    captainthomaspeacaptainthomaspea Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    Same here , I too got the same response from support , I am very let down by the fact they haven't announced the issue or a fix for it :/ !! Perhaps the word refund for my lifetime sub all those years ago is needed
  • Options
    nyrkl#7503 nyrkl Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Installed STO after many years again and lost my account info. But the def helped me really good and got my lifetime back again... Now this problem... I really want to get back into this game... hope he has more answers then the other defs... will keep you guys posted
  • Options
    captainthomaspeacaptainthomaspea Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    Could anybody upload the game files to Dropbox from a working latest patch ?
  • Options
    lordtrump#7705 lordtrump Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    I tried to install this game yesterday, problem still not fixed. if this is the reliability I can count on, then they sure as TRIBBLE wont see a dime from me. I'm super glad I decided to try before I buy. considering I cant even try. id be up in arms if I had payed first. this is a hell of a way to attract new players.
  • Options
    mpomasonmpomason Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I have been a player since 2010, an update installed the other morning, now I cannot play either
  • Options
    lordtrump#7705 lordtrump Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    I feel terrible for you all that have given money to these clowns. how can you charge 300 bucks for lifetime when you get service like this. I get better service at Mac Dons. at least they communicate to you when they don't feel like turning on the mcflurry machine.
  • Options
    kara17zkara17z Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Same issue here. I have not played this game in a couple years now, and I got the itch to try it out. Oh well, back to DCUO till they fix it.
  • Options
    ahpook#0763 ahpook Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    Today is going on day TRIBBLE five of this TRIBBLE. I am really getting pissed. If I dont get a refund from this they can kiss my paid membership goodbye. Back to free play! Get off your asses and get this TRIBBLE done Devs.
    Above everything else there is a timed event going on, guess we all get to get TRIBBLE over on that too. Thanks Devs, for nothing.
  • Options
    s40t4s40t4 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    Ive got the same here, had too reinstall the game due too computer issues. Its unbelievable that you keep us in the cold with this issue, couple of years ago there were the same issues,its strange that its only with a complete new download, because when the game was installed it patched everytime without problems. Cmon Please fix this, its sad that I cant complete the CC event now.

I still hope we dont have to wait till thursday., strange u want us to spend more time on the game, but now new ore returning players cant even play....

Cheers,