test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Solution for "Error 2: File Not Found" ???

Comments

• grimkorrgrimkorr Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    same issue here. reinstalled today, after a long absence, and reactivated my subscription again as well. error 2, file not found.. great. also submitted a ticket..
  • solrendsolrend Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Same here, ticket submitted
  • captinjacksparowcaptinjacksparow Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    I'm having this same issue. Last night I tried to get on STO and Arc had me download it when I've already had STO on my computer for months, so I did, and I had to do a 4GB patch, so I let it go overnight. This morning I tried to get on and it needed to do a 46MB patch, and every time it would try to patch it did this. Hope this will be fixed soon...
  • dashi112dashi112 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    same here...
  • kendolphkendolph Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    I sent a ticket like 20 hours ago - no response. How long do they need to fix such simple issue ? A year. I bet their support just don't work on the weekends.
  • lethoriclethoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I'm having the same issue... But...

My patch started at 46 Mgs and is slowly going down... I'm now at 35 mgs.

It seems if you leave the patcher on, each time it restarts it picks up a bit of the file in which it (can't find).... strange I know, but as I typed this I'm now down to 33 mgs.

Might just have to keep the patcher running and let it do it's thing... sadly... it'll just take lots of time to finish.
  • captjackgumptioncaptjackgumption Member Posts: 3 New User
    Typical, not played in ages. Played the PS4 version last night as a taster to see what port is like, got a major itch for PC version. Pfft. Be nice if it gets fixed soon! Eager still see the changes they made...
  • kendolphkendolph Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    > @lethoric said:
    > I'm having the same issue... But...
    >
    > My patch started at 46 Mgs and is slowly going down... I'm now at 35 mgs.
    >
    > It seems if you leave the patcher on, each time it restarts it picks up a bit of the file in which it (can't find).... strange I know, but as I typed this I'm now down to 33 mgs.
    >
    > Might just have to keep the patcher running and let it do it's thing... sadly... it'll just take lots of time to finish.

I've ran it for 7 hours - no go ;)
    I'll go play Star Conflict for now lol
  • s60volvos60volvo Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    grimkorr wrote: »
    same issue here. reinstalled today, after a long absence, and reactivated my subscription again as well. error 2, file not found.. great. also submitted a ticket..

My story is the same. I played from a Mac for a year until they decided not to support my platform anymore... I buy an Asus gaming laptop and this is what I come back to... extremely frustrating.
  • phylok1phylok1 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    Their chat support opens at 10:30am pacific, I plan on escelating the issue then.
  • elfandspartanelfandspartan Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Same problem here. What is it with PWE and products that aren't fit for purpose?
  • lexusk19lexusk19 Member Posts: 1,412 Arc User
    Same problem here. Error 2 File not found. Nothing seems to work to bring it back. :/
    1e3sni150tar.jpg
  • justonespiderjustonespider Member Posts: 4 New User
    > @phylok1 said:
    > Their chat support opens at 10:30am pacific, I plan on escelating the issue then.

cool in 10 minutes we have a chance to install the game^^
    good luck phylok1
  • sfccobraretsfccobraret Member Posts: 7 New User
    > @justonespider said:
    > > @phylok1 said:
    > > Their chat support opens at 10:30am pacific, I plan on escelating the issue then.
    >
    >
    > cool in 10 minutes we have a chance to install the game^^
    > good luck phylok1

yeah good luck with that since it plainly states that live chat can't handle an issue like this.
    Yeah i have discussed this issue with a nice chat supporter names Claymore, and he said, that we have to write a ticket....

Wow awesome support from the side of arc....
    Feels really great.
  • valtheknightvaltheknight Member Posts: 1 New User
    Well, considering that the support center is down for certain people. Writing support tickets is a tad problematic...
    but what should we do now? there must be a solution. Anything. Only 1 shiny strife of hope. but here is nothing... and this is the biggest problem. Noone is changing anything.
  • phylok1phylok1 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    They escalated my ticket. So there is that. Now we wait.
    ok now we have 2 tickets in a waiting line. wow since 25 hours we are waiting....
    I put a ticket in last night and still nothing....
    1e3sni150tar.jpg
  • cashy78cashy78 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Just registered as i've just installed for the first time in years as I was having the same issue. So submitted a ticket too
    one would think that since this was also a problem back in 2015 with another file...they would have some workaround....i mean there is a command line box for a reason right? something like "launch -lightFX.dll" or some crazy command.
  • chaseparkerorionchaseparkerorion Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I also submitted a ticket hopefully they will have a solution soon
  • brancox5#2032 brancox5 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Maybe they're already trying to solve the problem. Let's hope so
  • comrademococomrademoco Member Posts: 1,694 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2016
    I sent the report to Cryptic... They should be aware of the issue guys...

While we await for the fix... Popcorn and a Movie anyone?!? Family bonding time?! :)
    6tviTDx.png

• stokered2stokered2 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    I've sent a support ticket and gone through the chat. The chat representative informed me they were flooded with these sort of reports recently. Good job! Keep informing them that the game is pretty much down!
    I sent the report to Cryptic... They should be aware of the issue guys...

While we await for the fix... Popcorn and a Movie anyone?!? Family bonding time?! :)

Thanks mr bug hunter! :D At least we know they are aware of it now. *Noms popcorn*
    1e3sni150tar.jpg
  • ethannyteethannyte Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    iamjmph wrote: »
    how do you force verify?

on the top of the installer click on Options, and then half way down is a box to checkmark that says force verify but it will not fix the issue. Only them fixing their server will do anything about it
    > @ethannyte said:
    > iamjmph wrote: »
    >
    > how do you force verify?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > on the top of the installer click on Options, and then half way down is a box to checkmark that says force verify but it will not fix the issue. Only them fixing their server will do anything about it

right...force verify does not work...also manually adding the file "lightFX.dll" does not work....even uninstalling and reinstalling also does nothing....so save yourself the hours of headaches ...we have to wait for someone to fix the patch server files...probably due to light fix on the 17th's patch...
  • ahpook#0763 ahpook Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    I have also not been able to play since the patch. Same issue..."error 2: file not found" traced to LightFX.dll. Customer "support" said same thing...forced verify etc. No luck. Still cant play, going on day 3 :( Going to have to ask for a refund soon...
    Ahpook