Install Arc
Options

Can you delete extra DOFF slots?

I don't want too many DOFFs.

Comments

• Options
    groomofweirdgroomofweird Member Posts: 1,045 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    I dont think so, you cannot reduce from your initial cap, and as far as I know (though I stand to correction), you cannot "return" extra doff slots you have already bought.
    Curiosity begs me to ask though, why does it matter? You can only have so many doff missions going on at once and having the very max number of doffs available and never using them at all wont detract from anything in terms of performance.

Edit: you can simply sell or dismiss any doffs you dont want to keep your numbers where you like them, regardless of your cap. On the KDF side you can even have them executed :)
    Nimoysig1_zpsr79joxz3.jpg
    "If this will be our end, then I will have them make SUCH an end as to be worthy of rememberance! Out of torpedos you say?! Find me the ferengi!".
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    No. You can always sell duty officers on the exchange or dismiss them if you have too many.

Bridge officers that you said "no now" to (so they are not on active duty) can be turned into training manuals or sold on the exchange.
  • Options
    bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    trekbrony wrote: »

why would you want to delete the slots, you are not compelled to fill them and you may need extra in the future and have to pay to get more.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• Options
    vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User

why would you want to delete the slots, you are not compelled to fill them and you may need extra in the future and have to pay to get more.
    like if you want the elite scorpion hangars from the rom rep. you need what, 30 white engineer/op doffs?
    Spock.jpg

• Options
    officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    This is a strange question. The opposite of what everyone wants.
    Clearly the OP hasnt caught on about doffing and the joys and benefits thereof.
  • Options

like if you want the elite scorpion hangars from the rom rep. you need what, 30 white engineer/op doffs?

i am thinking like if you are in a fleet some of the projects require various doffs to be donated and you need space to store theses doffs.

• Options
    fovrelfovrel Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    You cannot remove doff slots, why should you. You can remove doffs. My question, when do you have too many doffs? Are you afraid you cannot manage them? You will be promoted to Fleet admiral at some point. Get your act together, soldier!

As some others have pointed out, you should have some free doff slots for handling fleet projects
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    This is probably one of the strangest requests I've ever seen here. :) Seriously, why would you want to!?! I'm near 500 doffs (all blue and up), and I need them all, as I do a lot of doffing too (next to needing them for my ship/ground roster). If anything, you want *moar* doff slots! Right?!
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    sanokskyratsanokskyrat Member Posts: 479 Media Corps
    SELL SELL SELL! I make around 80 million if i use all my 50 toons just farming Whites/Boxes and exchange of blues.
    1368747308047.cached_zpsl4joalbs.jpg
  • Options
    byozuma#0956 byozuma Member Posts: 502 Arc User
    Well, I just dismissed all the common hologram duty officers cause I was about to hit capacity... I'll have to look into selling them next I start encroaching capacity again.
    oldracesbanner.jpg
  • Options
    Well, I just dismissed all the common hologram duty officers cause I was about to hit capacity... I'll have to look into selling them next I start encroaching capacity again.

Or trade them in for better quality ones at the Fleet! (5 white ones for 1 green, 5 green ones for 1 blue, etc).
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    I'm not in a fleet.

Append: Ah well, c'est la vie. They're all gone now.
    oldracesbanner.jpg
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Yeah you're going to need a LOT of common doffs for fleet stuff.

Also those holograms are best handled by sending them on one of the alpha quadrant officer exchange missions. Although the exchanges require you to complete a quest chain first.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    This is probably one of the strangest requests I've ever seen here. :) Seriously, why would you want to!?! I'm near 500 doffs (all blue and up), and I need them all, as I do a lot of doffing too (next to needing them for my ship/ground roster). If anything, you want *moar* doff slots! Right?!

indeed and at 225zen for 25 slots they are not cheap.
    I'm not in a fleet.

that may be the case now but you never know what may change in the future, the game is getting more and more to the stage where the advantages of being in a fleet are almost crucial.

I just don't get what your problem is, it costs nothing to keep them, you don't have to open doff packs to fill them and if you do happen to unintentionally get more doffs then you want you can always discard them.

• Options
    I just don't get what your problem is, it costs nothing to keep them, you don't have to open doff packs to fill them and if you do happen to unintentionally get more doffs then you want you can always discard them.
    I'm actually quite confused by this line. I mean, I did exactly that, dismissed excess duty officers (and common hologram ones at that) as per your suggestion (though I did it well before posting in this thread so, preemptive advice following!) and... I have a problem? I'm not even angry or dejected at the loss of them. C'est la vie, if I remember it correctly, means "Such is life.", or in American vernacular "Ah well." Yeah, it's free to keep them but I'm trying to get certain duty officers so I can do more assignments than what few I can, and to do that I need to cycle through them and hope for the best so I need to make room. I only have 100 slots at present and I really don't feel the need to buy more. So, instead of bemoaning my lack of space I'm making do with what I have. As for not being in a fleet... haven't found one with a name I can live with hovering over my head and I don't have resources to start one.
    oldracesbanner.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Yeah, it's free to keep them but I'm trying to get certain duty officers so I can do more assignments than what few I can, and to do that I need to cycle through them and hope for the best so I need to make room.

Hmm, if you 'need to make room' to accommodate for the ones you need, then, erm, you'll be wanting *more* doff slots, not less!

I just don't get what your problem is. :P
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    I think the original post was asking to delete slots, I'm saying you don't need to do that to dismiss duty officers. And, as has been said, more slots costs zen so I can see why people would rather get rid of duty officers than spend money to get more slots. I know that's what I'm doing.
    oldracesbanner.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    I'm actually quite confused by this line. I mean, I did exactly that, dismissed excess duty officers (and common hologram ones at that) as per your suggestion (though I did it well before posting in this thread so, preemptive advice following!) and... I have a problem? I'm not even angry or dejected at the loss of them. C'est la vie, if I remember it correctly, means "Such is life.", or in American vernacular "Ah well." Yeah, it's free to keep them but I'm trying to get certain duty officers so I can do more assignments than what few I can, and to do that I need to cycle through them and hope for the best so I need to make room. I only have 100 slots at present and I really don't feel the need to buy more. So, instead of bemoaning my lack of space I'm making do with what I have. As for not being in a fleet... haven't found one with a name I can live with hovering over my head and I don't have resources to start one.

the point of this thread being "Can you delete extra DOFF slots?" is the point, I see no problem in deleting doffs as they can be easily replaced in game for free but its actually deleting the empty slots I cant see the point of.
    this is even more so the point as you say " trying to get certain duty officers so I can do more assignments" you will need those empty slots to house them in.

if you have 100 slots and you want to do more assignments you will potentially need all of those 100 slots you have to fill the maximum 20 assignments you can run so why would you want to delete doff slots?.

• Options
    And, as has been said, more slots costs zen so I can see why people would rather get rid of duty officers than spend money to get more slots. I know that's what I'm doing.

I get that people rather discard a few doffs than wanting to buy more slots. That still doesn't explain, though, why you'd ever want less slots.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    I'm not in a fleet.

you dont need to be in a fleet to convert 5 to 1, just go to your appropriate academy or nrc
  • Options
    toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    You're mistaking byozuma for the OP. That only one person I've seen asking for deleting slots has not posted since his original request.

Otherwise I'm similarly baffled as to 'deleting doff slots'. If you can't handle having the ability to have more doffs, simply don't have more doffs and dismiss/exchange/sell those you don't like.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • Options
    trekbronytrekbrony Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    I asked this because I get frustrated with more than enough officers.
  • Options
    tacticalrooktacticalrook Member Posts: 810 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    [CAN YOU DELETE EXTRA DOFF SLOTS?] I don't want too many DOFFs.

Nope. The initial DOFF slots you're given when you reach level 12 and when you acquire increases are considered "unlocks". In STO all unlocks are permanent and cannot be un-unlocked. Sorry friend but you're stuck with those slots.

Your only recourse is to not utilize them, I'm afraid. :(

Seems most of the replies to your question have been about how you could avoid utilizing them or how you could utilize them to your benefit, rather than actually addressing your question. I'm not sure why this happens, but it does. Anyway, welcome to the forums.
    /channel_join grind
  • Options
    I'm curious now. How many doffs do you have OP? What did you find that is optimal?

Is it possible it find a small combination of doffs that can get a critical success on any and every type of doff assignment?
    Maybe you know something no one else does. Maybe there is a better and more efficient way to doff.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    I'm curious now. How many doffs do you have OP? What did you find that is optimal?

Is it possible it find a small combination of doffs that can get a critical success on any and every type of doff assignment?
    Maybe you know something no one else does. Maybe there is a better and more efficient way to doff.

Seems like his concern was about the empty slots themselves and how they were unnecessary for his needs. I know of folks who literally become physically agitated when they see empty space in a window on their screen or unused rows in spreadsheets.

Seems like it's best to just figure he knows what he needs, and he needs fewer DOFF slots. Unfortunately the game is not set up to allow that sort of thing.
    /channel_join grind
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    trust me...you can NEVER have too many doff slots - give it a month, i guarantee you'll be chomping at the bit for a roster increase on your main(s)​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    trust me...you can NEVER have too many doff slots - give it a month, i guarantee you'll be chomping at the bit for a roster increase on your main(s)​​

Sounds like you know what's best for him, eh?
    /channel_join grind
  • Options
    But if he can do with less slots, he has "too many", that would imply two things.
    A) He found a super duper efficient way to get success on a wide variety of assignments with a couple of handfuls of doffs. Or..
    B] Doesnt use the doffing system, either at all or to his full advantage.
  • Options
    edited November 2016

you say that here but before you stated "I'm trying to get certain duty officers so I can do more assignments" and you will need those slots for those certain duty officers.

you said you have 100 slots and I say you will need these to do "more assignments" as often some doffs might be out of service due to injury and you will require extras to step in and cover their dutys.
    you may get away with less most of the time but there could come a time you will need the extras to fill the max 20 assignments you are allowed.

from what I have seen it appears you don't know what you do want and certainly don't know what you might need.

• Options
    My name must have changed since posting in this thread cause everyone keeps thinking I'm trekbrony... has reading comprehension really degraded that much over the years? These are trekbrony's only posts in this thread...
    oldracesbanner.jpg