test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

How Do YOU Think Santa Claus Would Deliver All His Presents In Star Trek Years - IN ONE NIGHT ??

bachpatubachpatu Member Posts: 10 Arc User
With the Holidays approaching IRL, I figured this would be a GREAT time to pose this question

Here's what I think.....

AROUND EARTH
==========

Santa would have either a shuttle craft or runabout manned by his elves (One of which would pilot the vessel while the others would load each batch of presents on the transporter pod to beam to Santa's location

Santa himself would beam down to his first stop (With the first batch of presents of course :)) but would use his personal site-to-site transporter to move from one stop to the other. Upon arrival, he'd signal his vessel indicating he was ready for his packages to be delivered. After that, he'll go after the milk & cookies & other stuff left for him while the the presents were in transport

Once they arrived, he'd finish laying them out around the Christmas tree

Since there would be no REAL fireplaces, all the stockings would HAVE to be hung on REPLACATED fireplaces instead (With care of course :))

ELSEWHERE IN THE GALAXY
=================

this is where Santa would need a ship

Since it'd be LITERALLY IMPOSSIBLE to make these deliveries in one night, he'd either need to have his helpers (Or HE HIMSELF) make the deliveries early by making stops at EVERY outpost & Starbase to deliver to all the children stationed there as well as all the children of crew members assigned to the ships docked there in a Christmas Party like fashion

Of course in the case of Santa HIMSELF making the deliveries, the kids would be cynical & think he's just one of Santa's helpers, but Santa would be VERY real ;)

that's MY idea. What's YOURS ?? HOW do YOU think Santa would pull it off in Star Trek years (Regardless of generation)

Let's have some FUN with this :disappointed:

Cheers & GAME ON :)

Comments

• Options
    admiralnatadmiralnat Member Posts: 22,432 Arc User
    A temporal drive, of course; giving him all the time he needs to deliver gifts to every home in the entire galaxy; in exactly one nanosecond, without anyone seeing him. :wink:​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.
    It's what I do. It's what I just did. It's what I'm about to do again. It's being undisputed emperor of an empire that cannot be disproved as the most powerful intergalactic empire in the entire universe; I always win, and everything I've won will definitely be won again... by me. It's my signature move, and thus, it's my signature. Problem, Sonic? Yeah, I mean you, Sonic, because you're being beat up, despite your being super. You can't even hit Shadow back, can you? Nope, he's too strong for you. Of course, I'm not Shadow, I'm the Super Emerald fueled fox that's pulling the strings; trust me, the fight would only be a few frames long if I were in it personally. Oh, and here's something for all you guys thinking you can win Last Post Wins 3.0; trust me, I'll be around a long while after the sun has already consumed the Earth while I sit out with the forum servers on Titan. Yes, I mean Titan... that comparatively little moon orbiting Saturn. It's a nice little place in a version of our solar system where the sun is a lot bigger. I mean, Mars will last longer than your precious Earth, but by then, it'll be one hot planet... and I figure Saturn's moon will be about the right temperate for a super-powered warlord. Oh, and trust me, I packed a lot of rings, and I mean a lot. Trillions, in fact, so I'll never run out of rings to power my super form. Besides, if I start to run out, I can just chaos control more rings into my reach. It's quite easy, really. You should try it. Granted, you'll never have the 7 Super Emeralds that I have in my possession, nor the Master Emerald that I've got hidden away somewhere... absorbed into my body thanks to Sonic logic, but whatever. I win. Again. I'm not kidding, either. Just check Last Post Wins, and if the last post isn't mine, it soon will be. Very, very soon. You can count on it. Seriously. By the way, if you're wondering, there's a really great Super Tails sprite sheet out there... somewhere... by some guy named shadow_91. These sprites are really great. Like, really good. Quality. Just like what I like to see in a sprite sheet. Also, credit to Joe T.E., his Sonic Battle style Super Sonic sprites have a great palette for a Super Sonic being beat up by Super Shadow, who's palette is from a Super Shadow sheet of unknown origin, but it turns out they were "borrowed" from a better sheet made by a certain Domenico. Oh, and the gif is actually a custom made super version of a similar gif, of which there are only 3 or 4 copies to be found by Google, and even then, evidently of an unknown source. Yep, it's one of those things. Stuff people have made, spread around, only for it to vanish and you to be the only person who still has a copy, not even knowing where it came from... like, literally at all. Oh, and anyone notice that Shadow's little chaos snap blast thingies are red and blue now? Yeah, I changed it. Problem, fans of purple? Yeah, I know you got a problem with that one, but you can just deal with it. After all, according to all known laws of aviation, there is no way a bee should be able to fly... alright, alright, I'll spare you the entire Bee Movie script, just Google it if you want. By the way, ever wonder how your characters would've ended up if they evolved in another universe? Yeah, that. Think about it. Ok, so you probably didn't bother reading up to here, but whatever, here's a surprise for you guys over at ESD (RP) who were crazy enough to read this: Emperor Nat of the mcfreakin' Terran Empire is gonna be right all along! The universe is gonna go BOOM! *Thumbs up to the insanity*
    Oh, now don't tell me you want in on all this! Well, ok. Look this that Egg Pawn hanging outside your window, pointing his laser rifle at you, waiting for my next order. He's doing his part. He helps conquer the weak-minded. He roboticizes the weak-bodied. Heck, he even helps keep the useless people from causing any trouble, but you know what? Join. Find the closest Nataran Empire roboticization center near you and join the ranks, before the ranks find you. Oh, I know, you figure it must be so satisfying to know I basically rule the world now, and you know what? It is, but do you want to know the true definition of satisfaction? Well, let me tell you a little story. One day, you see a brand new event. They're giving out boxes that give old event stuff. Your dilithium is plentiful. You buy a whole lot of Phoenix packs on your main, and open them all. You get one epic token. Then, you decide, that since you have all the Breen ships and don't give a damn about the others, you exchange it for an ultra rare, and grab yourself a Jem'Hadar Attack Ship and for the hell of it, a Voth Bulwark. You open both, leaving the Bulwark in your vast masses of starships as you jump into the bugship and deck it out, deck by deck, into the most awesome Jem'Hadar ship you can. You fly it. You enjoy it. Eventually, you get bored and leave, leaving the old Bulwark never flown... until later. Your main is long complete. Your new alt main, based off some character you pulled out of nothing just to explain away some starship being in service without the command of your dear admiral, is also complete. Mostly. Their reps and doffs are hard at work, getting you stuff. You realize the potential, and head back for your dear admiral, pull the most Voth themed build you can out of thin air, and suit up in your giant ship in the shape of you know what. You head out... and cause all sorts of havoc. Enemies scream out your name as their very life is drained away by your swarms of Aceton Assimilators. They complain to the devs of your OPness when you revive yourself from death every time you die. Do you show any form of mercy? No. After all, this isn't the United Federation of Planets, this is mother frakkin' Starfleet, where you explore strange new worlds and kick butt never kicked before. Oh, and you realize that I just wrote another speech rivaling your own signature. Cool. Oh, wait, that's just the original draft, it is part of my signature now. Oh, and yes, I am aware that I have become a Canadian Regent; one day, sooner than you'd expect, we'll suddenly decide to take over the world and declare an "alliance", and I shall become it's Regent. You know, like the Klingon-Cardassian Alliance in the mirror universe of our beloved Star Trek. Oh, who'll we be taking over with? I dunno, maybe [REDACTED], or maybe aliens from outer space. Guess you'll have to wait and find out, won't we? Until then, don't ask too many questions, or else my Breen allies on Titania might pick up on your -- [REDACTED BY BREEN CONFEDERACY FOR REASONS] Also, psst... keep an eye out for flying Tribbles! Also walls. Big, great walls, separating entire continents apart. Walls patrolled by Tribbles. Flying Tribbles. Flying Nukara Tribbles. Don't worry, it's not like they were on Venus with a herd of Tholians or anything, they just like the extreme heat and brutal weather like acid rain and hurricane force winds as the norm. Oh, and definitely keep your eye out on any two-tailed foxes, because if they ain't glowing, they're definitely an imposter. Possibly an Undine, we caught one of those once in my place once. Oh, and if you find a two-tailed fox that doesn't like the cold... most certainly ask him to say sorry. If he refuses, DESTROY HIM WITH A DOOMSDAY MACHINE, BECAUSE THERE'S NOTHING ELSE THAT WOULD BE ENOUGH AGAINST SUCH AN OVERPOWERED IMPOSTER!

tr;dr, I am winning last post wins 3.0. Thank you for your time.
    Oh, look, an explosion...
  • Options
    gawainviiigawainviii Member Posts: 328 Arc User
    newstosiggy.png
  • Options
    admiralnat wrote: »
    A temporal drive, of course; giving him all the time he needs to deliver gifts to every home in the entire galaxy; in exactly one nanosecond, without anyone seeing him. :wink:​​
    ONE problem -

SHIPS don't have a way of receiving stuff via Temporal drives (In fact, they don't even have Temporal Transporter systems) :D

BP

• Options
    admiralnatadmiralnat Member Posts: 22,432 Arc User
    bachpatu wrote: »
    A temporal drive, of course; giving him all the time he needs to deliver gifts to every home in the entire galaxy; in exactly one nanosecond, without anyone seeing him. :wink:
    ONE problem -

SHIPS don't have a way of receiving stuff via Temporal drives (In fact, they don't even have Temporal Transporter systems) :D

BP

Temporal transporters.​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.
    It's what I do. It's what I just did. It's what I'm about to do again. It's being undisputed emperor of an empire that cannot be disproved as the most powerful intergalactic empire in the entire universe; I always win, and everything I've won will definitely be won again... by me. It's my signature move, and thus, it's my signature. Problem, Sonic? Yeah, I mean you, Sonic, because you're being beat up, despite your being super. You can't even hit Shadow back, can you? Nope, he's too strong for you. Of course, I'm not Shadow, I'm the Super Emerald fueled fox that's pulling the strings; trust me, the fight would only be a few frames long if I were in it personally. Oh, and here's something for all you guys thinking you can win Last Post Wins 3.0; trust me, I'll be around a long while after the sun has already consumed the Earth while I sit out with the forum servers on Titan. Yes, I mean Titan... that comparatively little moon orbiting Saturn. It's a nice little place in a version of our solar system where the sun is a lot bigger. I mean, Mars will last longer than your precious Earth, but by then, it'll be one hot planet... and I figure Saturn's moon will be about the right temperate for a super-powered warlord. Oh, and trust me, I packed a lot of rings, and I mean a lot. Trillions, in fact, so I'll never run out of rings to power my super form. Besides, if I start to run out, I can just chaos control more rings into my reach. It's quite easy, really. You should try it. Granted, you'll never have the 7 Super Emeralds that I have in my possession, nor the Master Emerald that I've got hidden away somewhere... absorbed into my body thanks to Sonic logic, but whatever. I win. Again. I'm not kidding, either. Just check Last Post Wins, and if the last post isn't mine, it soon will be. Very, very soon. You can count on it. Seriously. By the way, if you're wondering, there's a really great Super Tails sprite sheet out there... somewhere... by some guy named shadow_91. These sprites are really great. Like, really good. Quality. Just like what I like to see in a sprite sheet. Also, credit to Joe T.E., his Sonic Battle style Super Sonic sprites have a great palette for a Super Sonic being beat up by Super Shadow, who's palette is from a Super Shadow sheet of unknown origin, but it turns out they were "borrowed" from a better sheet made by a certain Domenico. Oh, and the gif is actually a custom made super version of a similar gif, of which there are only 3 or 4 copies to be found by Google, and even then, evidently of an unknown source. Yep, it's one of those things. Stuff people have made, spread around, only for it to vanish and you to be the only person who still has a copy, not even knowing where it came from... like, literally at all. Oh, and anyone notice that Shadow's little chaos snap blast thingies are red and blue now? Yeah, I changed it. Problem, fans of purple? Yeah, I know you got a problem with that one, but you can just deal with it. After all, according to all known laws of aviation, there is no way a bee should be able to fly... alright, alright, I'll spare you the entire Bee Movie script, just Google it if you want. By the way, ever wonder how your characters would've ended up if they evolved in another universe? Yeah, that. Think about it. Ok, so you probably didn't bother reading up to here, but whatever, here's a surprise for you guys over at ESD (RP) who were crazy enough to read this: Emperor Nat of the mcfreakin' Terran Empire is gonna be right all along! The universe is gonna go BOOM! *Thumbs up to the insanity*
    Oh, now don't tell me you want in on all this! Well, ok. Look this that Egg Pawn hanging outside your window, pointing his laser rifle at you, waiting for my next order. He's doing his part. He helps conquer the weak-minded. He roboticizes the weak-bodied. Heck, he even helps keep the useless people from causing any trouble, but you know what? Join. Find the closest Nataran Empire roboticization center near you and join the ranks, before the ranks find you. Oh, I know, you figure it must be so satisfying to know I basically rule the world now, and you know what? It is, but do you want to know the true definition of satisfaction? Well, let me tell you a little story. One day, you see a brand new event. They're giving out boxes that give old event stuff. Your dilithium is plentiful. You buy a whole lot of Phoenix packs on your main, and open them all. You get one epic token. Then, you decide, that since you have all the Breen ships and don't give a damn about the others, you exchange it for an ultra rare, and grab yourself a Jem'Hadar Attack Ship and for the hell of it, a Voth Bulwark. You open both, leaving the Bulwark in your vast masses of starships as you jump into the bugship and deck it out, deck by deck, into the most awesome Jem'Hadar ship you can. You fly it. You enjoy it. Eventually, you get bored and leave, leaving the old Bulwark never flown... until later. Your main is long complete. Your new alt main, based off some character you pulled out of nothing just to explain away some starship being in service without the command of your dear admiral, is also complete. Mostly. Their reps and doffs are hard at work, getting you stuff. You realize the potential, and head back for your dear admiral, pull the most Voth themed build you can out of thin air, and suit up in your giant ship in the shape of you know what. You head out... and cause all sorts of havoc. Enemies scream out your name as their very life is drained away by your swarms of Aceton Assimilators. They complain to the devs of your OPness when you revive yourself from death every time you die. Do you show any form of mercy? No. After all, this isn't the United Federation of Planets, this is mother frakkin' Starfleet, where you explore strange new worlds and kick butt never kicked before. Oh, and you realize that I just wrote another speech rivaling your own signature. Cool. Oh, wait, that's just the original draft, it is part of my signature now. Oh, and yes, I am aware that I have become a Canadian Regent; one day, sooner than you'd expect, we'll suddenly decide to take over the world and declare an "alliance", and I shall become it's Regent. You know, like the Klingon-Cardassian Alliance in the mirror universe of our beloved Star Trek. Oh, who'll we be taking over with? I dunno, maybe [REDACTED], or maybe aliens from outer space. Guess you'll have to wait and find out, won't we? Until then, don't ask too many questions, or else my Breen allies on Titania might pick up on your -- [REDACTED BY BREEN CONFEDERACY FOR REASONS] Also, psst... keep an eye out for flying Tribbles! Also walls. Big, great walls, separating entire continents apart. Walls patrolled by Tribbles. Flying Tribbles. Flying Nukara Tribbles. Don't worry, it's not like they were on Venus with a herd of Tholians or anything, they just like the extreme heat and brutal weather like acid rain and hurricane force winds as the norm. Oh, and definitely keep your eye out on any two-tailed foxes, because if they ain't glowing, they're definitely an imposter. Possibly an Undine, we caught one of those once in my place once. Oh, and if you find a two-tailed fox that doesn't like the cold... most certainly ask him to say sorry. If he refuses, DESTROY HIM WITH A DOOMSDAY MACHINE, BECAUSE THERE'S NOTHING ELSE THAT WOULD BE ENOUGH AGAINST SUCH AN OVERPOWERED IMPOSTER!

tr;dr, I am winning last post wins 3.0. Thank you for your time.
    Oh, look, an explosion...
  • Options
    admiralkogaradmiralkogar Member Posts: 875 Arc User
    He uses the Guardian of Forever ...

Qapla!
  • Options
    flumfflumf Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    The ultimate and most irresistible force in the universe, the power of PLOT!
  • Options
    zebulongileszebulongiles Member Posts: 335 Arc User
    His Christmas research would of already given him folding space technology. :)
  • Options
    antonine3258antonine3258 Member Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    Santa has the North Pole fleet project maxed out.
    Fate - protects fools, small children, and ships named Enterprise Will Riker

Member Access Denied Armada!

My forum single-issue of rage: Make the Proton Experimental Weapon go for subsystem targetting!
  • Options
    bachpatu wrote: »
    A temporal drive, of course; giving him all the time he needs to deliver gifts to every home in the entire galaxy; in exactly one nanosecond, without anyone seeing him. :wink:
    ONE problem -

BP

Temporal transporters.​​
    Santa would have to have HIS OWN unique system SOMEWHERE at his workshop then as he'd have to use EVERY transporter system at EVERY outpost in the ENTIRE Federation & MAXIMIZE the buffer to reach EVERY SHIP in the entire Federation AT ONCE (DAUNTING undertaking by Federation standards for something so trivial compared to everything it deals with :o )

Cheers & GAME ON :D

BP

• Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    Meh... He's a Timelord. Time is his plaything.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    themadprofessor#9835 themadprofessor Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    The U.S.S. Noel is a Jupiter-class that's had all the non-essentials removed and replaced with transporters, industrial replicators, and replicator base material storage tanks. It runs off three Overcharged Warp Cores and has two dedicated computer cores in addition to the main core. The computer cores store all the replicator patterns and transporter coordinates for his night of gift giving, all linked into his List.

On that night, he spends about two hours getting the Noel warmed up and ready to fly (it uses eight impulse drives named after his reindeer) and then plots his course around Earth using his navigation console named Rudolph. He also has a cloaking device that even the Romulans would be jealous of that allows him to operate at full capacity while cloaked and allows beaming through the cloak. Once the course is set and all the elves are on board, he pushes the big red "DELIVER" button on his captain's chair and the ship slowly circles Earth.

Here's the fun part: Santa and his team of engineers have tied the replicators to the transporter systems, allowing the present to be replicated and transported down to the recipient automatically.

In addition to laying in a course, the Rudolph Console also scans every target home and, upon detecting milk and cookies (or any other gift for Santa), sends a signal to a separate dedicated transporter and replicator setup, storing the gift in a separate file so Santa can consume it all over the course of the next year without worrying about spoilage (since the advent of replicators, Santa has become quite fit and buff, much to the delight of Mrs. Clause).

While the Noel is doing all of this, Santa is having a Christmas dinner with all his elves to thank them for a job well done.

Wow, that came out better than I expected...
    Space Barbie Extraordinaire. Got a question about Space Barbie? Just ask.

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
    2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
    3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
    4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
    5) True Vanity Impulse and Deflector effects similar to Vanity Shields.
    6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
    7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
    8) Independent Faction, because yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me!
  • Options
    hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,758 Arc User
    He drinks coffee from the coffee nebula, thus giving him super-fast abilities, caffeine-driven.
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,365 Arc User
    All he has to do is email everyone the replicator patterns for their gifts...​​
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    It's simple: Santa is a (peaceful) Iconian
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,758 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    In the future, Santa becomes jaded, distant and isolated from centuries of giving and a strict cookies and milk diet. It isn't long before he goes mad and arms his sleigh with tetryon energy dischargers. He is far too gone to serve children with gifts by then. But he does anyway. Because it's expected of him by the Treaty of Santegron. Slipstream and transwarp beaming technology ensures his gifts are delivered, but each present deposited prolongs his suffering. Merry Christmas!
  • Options
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Meh... He's a Timelord. Time is his plaything.
    Yeah I suppose Santa COULD snap his finger (Or more appropriately RUB HIS NOSE) like a Q would :D

Cheers & GAME ON :)

BP

• Options
    The U.S.S. Noel is a Jupiter-class that's had all the non-essentials removed and replaced with transporters, industrial replicators, and replicator base material storage tanks. It runs off three Overcharged Warp Cores and has two dedicated computer cores in addition to the main core. The computer cores store all the replicator patterns and transporter coordinates for his night of gift giving, all linked into his List.
    Snip.....

Not the U.S.S. NOEL but rather the U.S.S. RUDOLPH :)

BP
  • Options
    hawku001x wrote: »
    He drinks coffee from the coffee nebula, thus giving him super-fast abilities, caffeine-driven.
    Not COFEE from the COFEE nebula but rather HOT COCOA (With Nutmeg :)) from the COCOA nebula :)

BP

• Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    gawainviii wrote: »

Wouldn't the Church of Q be the predominant religion of the 25th Century Federation?
  • Options
    azrael605 wrote: »
    There was a movie called The Night They Saved Christmas where Santa used technology to slow time & he had a transporter on the sleigh to completely avoid chimneys.
    I have it on my old Holiday movie VHS tapes but have never found it on YouTube yet (But I do remember it as former original "Chjrlie's Angels" angel Jacklyn Smith was in it the 1985 TV flick)

But that only covered Earth though

BP

• Options
    themadprofessor#9835 themadprofessor Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    Nah, being Santa is Q's side job as punishment from the Continuum for acting the way he does (which in turn fuels his behavior further in a vicious cycle). Given that he can change his appearance at will, that he can travel immense distances pretty much instantly, that he can create anything he wants immediately, and that something as complex and impossible as changing the gravitational constant of the universe is a trivial matter for him, becoming Santa Clause is an easy thing. He can do all the things required to be Santa Clause and still be back in time to torment Picard before he's had his breakfast.
    Space Barbie Extraordinaire. Got a question about Space Barbie? Just ask.

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
    2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
    3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
    4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
    5) True Vanity Impulse and Deflector effects similar to Vanity Shields.
    6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
    7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
    8) Independent Faction, because yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me!
  • Options
    lilchibiclarililchibiclari Member Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    Nah, being Santa is Q's side job as punishment from the Continuum for acting the way he does (which in turn fuels his behavior further in a vicious cycle). Given that he can change his appearance at will, that he can travel immense distances pretty much instantly, that he can create anything he wants immediately, and that something as complex and impossible as changing the gravitational constant of the universe is a trivial matter for him, becoming Santa Clause is an easy thing. He can do all the things required to be Santa Clause and still be back in time to torment Picard before he's had his breakfast.

The hard part for him would be avoiding getting seriously bored after the hundred-billionth delivery each year.
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    a teleporter just teleports all the gifts where they need to go wouldnt even have to leave his hidey hole in the frozen north
  • Options
    turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    It's mostly classified by the Temporal Accords, but I can tell you that it involves an Anti-Time Eruption and the ability to exist at all points in the timestream simultaneously (similar to how The Captain's Table works, but it's all really hush-hush.).
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • Options
    admiralkogaradmiralkogar Member Posts: 875 Arc User
    Why not use a Genesis torpedo to reconfigure the planet so that all the presents were just there where they were supposed to be ... "IN SIX MINUTES!" ?

Qapla!