test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Lukari Community Ship Voting (Final Round)

Comments

• Options
    sylveriareldensylveriarelden Member Posts: 531 Arc User
    Team Echo
    Flying Dorito... boooooooo
    It's not you- it's me. I just need my space.

Being critical doesn't take skill. Being constructively critical- which is providing alternative solutions or suggestions to a demonstrated problem, however, does.
  • Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
    Team Alpha

c18293cdc9998de570f9214e1826c8ac1478102052.png
    You see a Dorito? :: scratches head ::
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Team Alpha
    *does web search for Dorito*
    uYuxLmIv.jpeg
    ^first result
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    Team Alpha
    *does web search for Dorito*
    uYuxLmIv.jpeg
    ^first result
    Oh, look. Another Dorito ship.
    latest?cb=20121223231202
    And another one.
    boeing-phantomnasa-aircrafts-and-planes-_tgxj.jpg
    There every where! :o
    f117-stealth.jpg
    i7vnqbemegvsxn8r6roq.jpg
    ufo-sighting-photos-nasa-triangular-space-ship-ufo-1379006485.jpg
    tr-3b3.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    ;)

• Options
    alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    Team Charlie
    I'd still like a TeamCharlie flying saucer at some point since there are zero pilotable saucers. Would have voted Charlie all the way if I had access to forums at the time.

TeamAlpha's a nice triangular UFO assuming they got it flying the right way (with the small pointy end facing forward; see aircraft), but we already have this in game (MVAM saucer section of MVAE/Hestia). Hope it'll be a science ship.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • Options
    kimonykimony Member Posts: 571 Arc User
    Team Charlie

AtoUG5I.png

#SaucersForever #TrianglesCutDeep #TeamBeta #ShipOneisNumberOne
  • Options
    captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    Team Charlie
    kimony wrote: »

AtoUG5I.png

Doritos always were a bit crunchy :blush:
  • Options
    keletteskelettes Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    Team Alpha
    News flash:
    A Gorn was arrested by Lukari security when he tried to eat one of the new prototype starship's tactical consoles. Claimed that it "couldn't resist the crunchiness", and recommended more wasabi to be added. Secretly, the Vulcan engineers on the design team agreed.

Yeah, this would be hilarious to see happen in-game :smiley:
    "Ad astra audacter eamus in alis fidelium."
    -
    "To boldly go to the stars on the wings of the faithful."
  • Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    Team Alpha
    A lot of team Charlie voters seem to be making absurd and/or illogical comments to justify why the winning design is a poor choice unlike what they were voting for.
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    Team Charlie
    avoozuul wrote: »
    A lot of team Charlie voters seem to be making absurd and/or illogical comments to justify why the winning design is a poor choice unlike what they were voting for.

The same would have happened the other way around. Somehow it is enough to point out that a design incorporates a basic geometric shape to justify calling it out on "bad design decisions".​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Team Charlie
    iLZ8NSy.jpg

• Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    Team Echo
    iLZ8NSy.jpg

AtoUG5I.png

e939hG9.gif​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    cowcookies1cowcookies1 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    Team Echo
    the problem with a three way runoff like this is that you wind up with more than half of your voter base voting for something other than the eventual winner
  • Options
    eltecheltech Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    My question would be, why are all the choices so radically different from the Lukari design from Echoes of Light?​​
  • Options
    psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    Team Echo
    eltech wrote: »
    My question would be, why are all the choices so radically different from the Lukari design from Echoes of Light?​​

The Concordium was an old Gorn ship gifted to the Lukari by S'taass to speed up their space program.

arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10203393-conquests
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    gardatgardat Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    Team Charlie
    The Lukari need a comm badge that looks identical to their ship.
    486 DX2/66Mhz, 4MB SD-RAM, 16KB L-1 cache, 120MB HDD, 3.5" FDD, 2x CD-ROM, 8-Bit Soundblaster Pro, IBM Model M PS/2 keyboard, Microsoft trackball mouse, 256KB S3 graphics chip, 14" VGA CRT monitor, MS-DOS 6.22
  • Options
    Team Alpha
    the problem with a three way runoff like this is that you wind up with more than half of your voter base voting for something other than the eventual winner
    Meh, I doubt it actually changed the outcome.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    Team Charlie
    angrytarg wrote: »

The same would have happened the other way around. Somehow it is enough to point out that a design incorporates a basic geometric shape to justify calling it out on "bad design decisions".​​

To be fair, in my country they make tortilla chips as both triangles and rounds. I'm not artistic enough to make "Tostitos: Lukari Rounds" or somesuch, though in thinking of it... a lot of our food is round. Hmph. I guess Starfleet ship design must've been secretly influenced by Taco Bell (because in the future, all restaurants are Taco Bell) in order to improve sales of quesadillas and churros?
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • Options
    ssbn655ssbn655 Member Posts: 1,894 Arc User
    Team Charlie
    Hope they pay a license fee to Atlantis models. A definite rip off of that companies TRADEMARKED design.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Team Charlie

To be fair, in my country they make tortilla chips as both triangles and rounds. I'm not artistic enough to make "Tostitos: Lukari Rounds" or somesuch, though in thinking of it... a lot of our food is round. Hmph. I guess Starfleet ship design must've been secretly influenced by Taco Bell (because in the future, all restaurants are Taco Bell) in order to improve sales of quesadillas and churros?

I was gonna put the #TeamCharlie saucer in Frisbee packaging but as I went back and looked, it's not round, it's oval-ish shaped as seen below:

1767cec3164663a984a3b641951dbd0f1476894689.png

Looking back at it again I think it looks like a Cylon clam, all it needs is a starfish Basestar (a BaseStarfish if you will) and it can face off against the BattleLobster Galactica (giant lobster claws mimic the hanger bays hanging off each side).

• Options
    Team Alpha
    ssbn655 wrote: »
    Hope they pay a license fee to Atlantis models. A definite rip off of that companies TRADEMARKED design.
    It's not the same....
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    mkm1911#2674 mkm1911 Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    Team Echo
    Wow. Most ships in this game require me to evaluate and think if I want to spend the Zen for it or not. With these ships it'll be easy. If it's a triangle or circle, they can keep it.

Please, take some time and spend some effort to design a ship comprised of something more than 1 basic shape. Damn, use SOME imagination, please.
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    Team Alpha
    Wow. Most ships in this game require me to evaluate and think if I want to spend the Zen for it or not. With these ships it'll be easy. If it's a triangle or circle, they can keep it.

Well good news for you. You do not need to spend money to acquire this ship because it will be the 2017 Anniversary Ship.
    Please, take some time and spend some effort to design a ship comprised of something more than 1 basic shape. Damn, use SOME imagination, please.

Yeah...

Like the Borg Cube, Sphere and Diamond.

Hey, it's what the players voted for. I wanted Beta though.

• Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    Team Alpha
    You should be glad it didn't end up being the flying pizza pie!

The Temporal Pizza Cutter would have made short work of it.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    Needs a 4th option that says something like don't care, do not like any of these, or count my vote but let the pie graph show I don't care lol. The lukari just need to be conquered they don't need ships :)
  • Options
    captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    Team Charlie
    Thanks to Alph
    jaguarskx wrote: »

Hey, it's what the players voted for. I wanted Beta though.

Same here.
  • Options
    breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    Team Charlie

I was gonna put the #TeamCharlie saucer in Frisbee packaging but as I went back and looked, it's not round, it's oval-ish shaped as seen below:

1767cec3164663a984a3b641951dbd0f1476894689.png

Looking back at it again I think it looks like a Cylon clam, all it needs is a starfish Basestar (a BaseStarfish if you will) and it can face off against the BattleLobster Galactica (giant lobster claws mimic the hanger bays hanging off each side).

Hmmm, yeah, I guess it is more oval-ish. I suppose it's more like a flying compact (for makeup, depending on the brand) than a Tostito. Nice work on the Doritos bag, btw.
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Team Charlie
    #Teamcharlie You get NOTHING!

k1PXATj.jpg

Edit: Alternate cover:

Q6nM6va.jpg

Post edited by kimony on

• Options
    Team Alpha

AtoUG5I.png
    See, now I just want to buy that bag and tear it open to find the Lukari Ship TOY that comes $FREE$ in the bag with the chips.

See, you see a Durito and I see an El Dorado. :)
  • Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    Team Alpha
    Someone do a photoshop of Lay's chips with the Charlie design.