test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Old Kit Frame missing and yet fused to Character

sirboulevardsirboulevard Member Posts: 722 Arc User
Oh boy, this is about as bad as this can go. My old Kit Frame (Romulan Embassy Engineer Kit Mk XII) didn't reappear even with logging in and out. I've tried adding new frames to my character but nothing is willing to actually attach to my character.

I took a closer look and it appears that my old Romulan Kit is still there and attached to my character, but it can no longer be removed. I was able to replicate this on another toon with an upgradable kit frame and it reappeared there with full functionality. But since the Romulan Kit can't be upgraded, this frame is literally fused to my character with no option to remove and replace it, nor getting any bonuses from this.

Character: Brendan@sirboulevard
Faction: Federation (2410)
Level: 60
Class: Engineer

This dude is my main main, so I'd appreciate some help. Um. HELP! *flails*
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

TRIBBLE Hydra! Hail Janeway!

Comments

• Options
    chrisofborgchrisofborg Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    +1

6QusGmF.png
    VLCxAsc.png

Can't discard, can't unequip, can't upgrade, can't replace...
  • Options
    dustyhayesdustyhayes Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    All of the kits on my officers are missing and not even showing the modules still equipped. ONE of my characters has the modules now in his inventory but the main kit is missing. I'm more than a little upset that the neutronic grenade tactical module for the Delta Alliance I constructed is gone. Hey Cryptic, any word on when this is going to get fixed?
  • Options
    patrickmckabypatrickmckaby Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    It seems that I have the same issue, with an Engineer as well, if I recall, I had the Embassy kit frame on prior to the change.
  • Options
    sqbodensqboden Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    Same thing here all kits and modules are gone? Also an Engineer.
  • Options
    andorianblueandorianblue Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    I'm having the same issue on two toons. Both are Engineers, and both had the Romulan Embassy Engineer Kit Mk XII.
  • Options
    aerodrive1aerodrive1 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    yes I have the same issue.
    At the beginning even the modules were missing. Now they are in the INV after a few log out / log in's.
    But the kit? I'm not sure if it is missing or still there but not to see.
  • Options
    johnnyb10johnnyb10 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Yep, same problem for me. Have even tried flipping all over space and ground maps but it remains, wont let me do anything with it, cant drag it out or replace with another kit. Sadness.
  • Options
    crypticspartan#0627 crypticspartan Member Posts: 847 Cryptic Developer
    If you have not yet tried, go to a ground map and then change maps or characters.

If that does not fix the issue and it is a Romulan Embassy kit frame, it is a known issue.

If that does not fix the issue and it is not a Romulan Embassy kit frame or you are uncertain, please let me know so that I can continue to investigate this.
  • Options
    sgtfloydpepper#7911 sgtfloydpepper Member Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    If you have not yet tried, go to a ground map and then change maps or characters.

If that does not fix the issue and it is a Romulan Embassy kit frame, it is a known issue.

If that does not fix the issue and it is not a Romulan Embassy kit frame or you are uncertain, please let me know so that I can continue to investigate this.

I have a few farming toons that had Lt. Cmdr level reward drop kits that disappeared. Went from sector space to space, to ground and back, got the module, but no kit.
    1xe027q.png
  • Options
    burstdragon323burstdragon323 Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    One thing I can suggest, as it worked for me:

On a ground map, type /lootcancel, then beam up to space. For me, this fixed my kit issues.
  • Options
    crypticspartan#0627 crypticspartan Member Posts: 847 Cryptic Developer

I have a few farming toons that had Lt. Cmdr level reward drop kits that disappeared. Went from sector space to space, to ground and back, got the module, but no kit.

Which characters?
  • Options
    greeneagle346agreeneagle346a Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    I'm not 100% on which Kit my character Tel'Vera was using before today (I think it was Imperial Navy Kit), but it's gone. Tried switching maps and the /lootcancel suggested above. It appears fused to the slot but no longer doing anything.

Character name: Tel'Vera@greeneagle346
    Rank 60
    Faction: Romulan-Fed Aligned
  • Options
    raistalionraistalion Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Im in a similar boat, all my non-equipped Kit Modules like those in my bank were upgraded, but the equipped frame and modules was not restored to me and is now stuck in the Kit slot. I can see a black Icon with the 5 little markers for the installed modules.

Edit: Looks like zoning about a few times unstuck the modules, they appeared and the Romulan Kit Frame now has an Icon
  • Options
    shevetshevet Member Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    +1

Romulan Embassy kit... good to know the devs are aware of it, I suppose!
    8b6YIel.png?1
  • Options
    paikohm4paikohm4 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    T'Rlik@paikohm4 Romulan Imperial Navy kit, was able to equip it but modules nowhere.

Aol'eth@paikohm4 Romulan Imperial Navy kit, empty kit "fused" to character, unable to equip/unequip any frame

Walker@paikohm4 Romulan Imperial Navy kit, empty kit "fused" to character, unable to equip/unequip any frame

Tried all the advices (log in/out, beam in/out, change maps, instances, transwarp, /lootcancel) no luck.
  • Options
    shevetshevet Member Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Hmm. Just tried another toon (AoY, T'Mev@shevet), and found her kit frame also AWOL - and this wasn't a Romulan one; trouble is, I can't remember what it was. Might have been a Herald one... but my memory isn't certain.

Anyway, the main problem remains - whatever it was, I can't replace it with another one. (Losing an in-game-expensive item is an annoyance; losing it and not being able to replace it is a more serious issue.)

ETA: OK, never mind, it came back after ten minutes or so of map changes. Need to wipe this egg off my face, now. (Turns out it was a Herald kit, as it happens.)
    Post edited by shevet on
    8b6YIel.png?1
  • Options
    paikohm4paikohm4 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    One of my toons hsd a Herald kit, got no problem with that one.
  • Options
    kiltwearer32kiltwearer32 Member Posts: 16 Arc User

If my toon has a normal kit they're fine. My toon with Rommie Navy kit is fine. My toons with the Herald kits are fine.
    My toons with Terran, and Delta, are not getting their's back. Used work arounds, and those are not working.

• Options
    shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User

This is easier said than done I have 35 toons and all of my kits are gone. I had old kits like Grenade Satchel Bunker Fabrication and Medic Kits before they were kit frames and these are all gone
  • Options
    chrisofborgchrisofborg Member Posts: 28 Arc User

Is there a master ticket number to reference when hitting this issue (Romulan Embassy Kit Frame)?
  • Options
    nefczi#8988 nefczi Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    > @crypticspartan#0627 said:
    > If you have not yet tried, go to a ground map and then change maps or characters.
    >
    > If that does not fix the issue and it is a Romulan Embassy kit frame, it is a known issue.
    >
    > If that does not fix the issue and it is not a Romulan Embassy kit frame or you are uncertain, please let me know so that I can continue to investigate this.

I have this problem on both my characters. One is a 23c federation(lvl32) tactical, second is 25c federation engineer(lvl 13).

In case of my 25c federation character, I belive its a uncommon Engineering kit mk III, not sure about my 23c kit, I belive its a common Tactical kit mk VI or VII. Both kits seems to be in my inventory, but I simply cannot equip any kit, as the slot seems to be occupied with some blank item.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    double post
  • Options
    kintishokintisho Member Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    same issue, 11 characters, 1 has all kit and modules, the rest are missing modules or kits... bounced ground maps logged in and out etc.. still missing.. a couple had the romulan, the rest did not.
  • Options
    giliongilion Member Posts: 686 Arc User
    Same issue, after a few map transfers I was able to get 4 out of 5 of my mods to spawn in my inv, but the kit frame is stuck. Honestly, I dont remember if its the Romulan Embassy, but I'm 90% certain it is. As for the mod that wont appear I think its just the Crystalline Spike so I can reclaim it.
    edited October 2016
    Same issue for me. I had a Romulan Imperial Navy [...] Kit equipped and it was invisible. After going to a ground map I was able to make it visible by rightclicking and choosing upgrade. I canceled that and was even able to remove the kit. So now for the bad part, the mods are still fused - none of the above mentioned things worked.
    Edit: the kitframe still shows the mods as equipped (the 5 little white dots on the left side)
    “Change is the essential process of all existence.” – Spock

Join the GTribe MASSIVE UPRISING giveaway
  • Options
    aerodrive1aerodrive1 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    Any News?
    Ok the Problem is known, but what next?
  • Options
    andorianblueandorianblue Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    aerodrive1 wrote: »
    Any News?
    Ok the Problem is known, but what next?

That is a good question because there doesn't appear to be any mention of this issue in tomorrow's patch notes.
  • Options
    logang19logang19 Member Posts: 13,843 Arc User
    yeah I even tried buying a new kit and it didn't work. Have the modules and can use them but no actual kit?! Fix in the works or coming soon I hope?
    " Now the gate has been unlatched headstones pushed aside; corpses shift and offer room ,a fate you must abide."
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    > @andorianblue said:
    > aerodrive1 wrote: »
    >
    > Any News?
    > Ok the Problem is known, but what next?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > That is a good question because there doesn't appear to be any mention of this issue in tomorrow's patch notes.

Its only listed in Known Issues in the notes: "Some Kit Modules and Kits not displaying for Captains". Well at least I am assuming thats it. Unless they are taking only/specifically about missign kits/modules. But those seems to be a seperate issues. I am not missing any kits/modules but still cannot equip any kits becouse of that "blank item" in the kit slot.
    Post edited by nefczi#8988 on