Install Arc
Options

Old Kit Frame missing and yet fused to Character

2»

Comments

• Options
    rndfluctuation#1470 rndfluctuation Member Posts: 813 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Having this issue with a low level Engineer, probably with starter or other low kit frame. Don't even know which kit frame it was but it was not a romulan navy / romulan embassy / romulan one, as the char is 32. (fed, non rom, non ToS, Eng) It COULD have been a starter kit frame, or possibly any low level reward eng kit or any other useless low level Eng frame.

BTW, looked for this thread to link it for another player, but sadly had to go off game before I could find it.

Finally could edit it, so adding the contents of the additional post here:

Character: Omirnel@rndflactuation
    Faction: Federation (2410)
    Level: 32
    Class: Engineer

Opened a ticket with a screenshot, but couldn't add more details regarding frame/any potential modules, IF any.
    I did try to force update by "go to a ground map and then change maps or characters" and similar methods multiple times.
    Post edited by rndfluctuation#1470 on
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    <please delete this post, it was posted when I couldn't edit for some reason, sorry>
    Post edited by rndfluctuation#1470 on
  • Options
    looks like the issue was allegedly fixed on the test server Tribble:
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1224261/tribble-maintenance-and-release-notes-october-28-2016 thanks Talos2020 for pointing to look at those release notes :)

I hope it works for all kits/cases (in the soon future once arriving to Holodeck)
  • Options
    aerodrive1aerodrive1 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    aerodrive1 wrote: »
    Any News?
    Ok the Problem is known, but what next?

That is a good question because there doesn't appear to be any mention of this issue in tomorrow's patch notes.

At least it is in the list of known issues
  • Options
    aerodrive1aerodrive1 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    I have an open ticket and will Keep it open until it is solved ;-)
  • Options
    soma90soma90 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    My Fed Science Officer Natima Lang has lost her modules namely her Nanite Health Monitor and her Nanite Regenerator (Delta Alliance) I've actually lost all of the modules that I got from either Q's Winter quests or from the various rewards its very annoying.
  • Options
    alexisvalarralexisvalarr Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    Having this issue with my lv 14 tactical character.

Vias Lex@alexisvalarr

Not sure specifically which kit it is, probably the initial tutorial one. But it's displaying as a black square and is fused to my equip slot.
  • Options
    salenferretsalenferret Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    I have a Bank Account slot that is 'fused' empty. I have no idea how to fix it either. It's really annoying cuz I really want ALL my bank slots. :(
  • Options
    rumbleprumblep Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    Same issue, don't have any embassy kits.

Saffrin@rumblestrip
    -Captain Saffrin
    Federation 12th Cavalry
    Deep Space 19/USS Montana
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    There was a patch which was supposed to fix that, was released on 3/11. However, it doesn't work at least for me and some others. (not fixed for me)

If it happens to you, please report to support that it was not solved by the 3/11 patch, with a new screenshot too and with all details you know.
  • Options
    turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    Same here, unfortunately; low level kits that were blacked out by "Artifacts" weren't restored by the 11-3 patch; especially problematic on my characters (mostly AoY, but at least one Romulan) that had them equipped when it happened...
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    This is a "private case", allegedly, of a broader issue of kit frames becoming degenerated/blackened, useless and fused to THE SLOT THEY WERE IN ON ARTIFACT PATCH on 25/10, making it totally unusable too. (be is a bank, inv or kit frame slot)

NOT solved, as said, after 3/11. NOT solved as of now.
    As said, starter kit frames are notorious to cause that. No idea if any other kit frames still do. Possibly those kits had no passives.
  • Options
    Just found out this official Holodeck bug report I think this is the place to comment more? -trying to redirect
    NOTE THAT THE BUG PRESENTS AS OF NOW and AFTER 3/11 PATCH

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1224013/standard-issue-kit-frames-replaced-by-blank-items