test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Closed

Comments

• kjfettkjfett Member Posts: 370 Arc User
    ilithyn wrote: »
    kjfett wrote: »
    **** all of you who made snarky remarks. Just because it did not affect you. You think you can come on here and be a smart ****. Yet you offer no actual discourse on why I am wrong. The fact two days ago I spent about 10 million EC about half of what I have to fill up the commodities not only on current Projects, but to also stock up in advance for when my Starbase project finished in 4 days to get the other projects filled.

yeah, this was incoming for over a month now. Anyone that has been around at all knew this was moved to the test server almost a month ago and inbound for production any day. That you ignored all that and did this just two days ago is why we all are laughing at your expense.

Where exactly have this been announced? Outside the testserver that is, because not everyone has **** access to that you know?
    Honestly I am done with this game and no not really because of this, it's just one more lousy thing in a long line of lousy things not being communicated properly confirming that this game doesn't really want players around. And yeah, I'm on the forum nearly daily yet I have seen ZIP about this till now.

The forums. I've never logged into the test server and I knew about it.
    kjfett_14091.jpg
  • kjfettkjfett Member Posts: 370 Arc User
    What makes me wonder about this change though is why they didn't remove the commodities from the game all together with the compensation of their value in EC ?
    At the moment they are absolutely redundant.
    They had two major uses in-game:
    - exploration cluster missions (gone with the clusters)
    - fleet projects (gone with the recent revamp)

Why multiply the useless systems and items ? - the game already has too much of them.
    It would also help avoid the issues like the OP's

They are still used in Doff missions. cluster missions were a joke and not needed. they were annoying in fleet projects.
    kjfett_14091.jpg
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Doffs are annoying in Fleet Projects. Replace Doff requirements with 100 Dilitium per Doff like they did with those Reputation Projects. Here are some suggested slogans for the campaign to replace Dilitium for Doffs:

I regret, that I have but one hundred thousand Doffs to lose for my Fleet.
    Give me 100:1 or give me death
    Ask not what your Doffs can do for you, ask what your Dilitium can do to get rid of them.

'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    This upgrade was announced long time ago, long enough to stop my projects to minimize my loses, sorry, but you can recover a little bit by selling those comodities, this kind of thing happens when you are not following the release notes on tribble, seriously, they are there for a reason, i'm on a one man fleet so i really simpatize, mine is level 3, and this upgrade is going to help a lot.
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • fruitvendor12fruitvendor12 Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    It was on one of the links from the game launcher. I always check new links. I warned everyone in my armada for several days. I finished out my queues, didn't start new ones, and I mentioned it in zone chat several times.

I was happy to sell my extra commodities as recently as yesterday because there are always folks who don't read the news. I bet the people who bought my commodities were rubbing their ferengi hands in glee that someone was stupid enough to firesale commodities.

Cryptic did what they could to tell players this was coming, short of knocking on your door and making you sign a form.

Chalk it up to lesson learned. Watch the news links on your game launcher. Notice when the date changes. Read them.
  • ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 903 Arc User
    ilithyn wrote: »
    **** all of you who made snarky remarks. Just because it did not affect you. You think you can come on here and be a smart ****. Yet you offer no actual discourse on why I am wrong. The fact two days ago I spent about 10 million EC about half of what I have to fill up the commodities not only on current Projects, but to also stock up in advance for when my Starbase project finished in 4 days to get the other projects filled.

yeah, this was incoming for over a month now. Anyone that has been around at all knew this was moved to the test server almost a month ago and inbound for production any day. That you ignored all that and did this just two days ago is why we all are laughing at your expense.

Where exactly have this been announced? Outside the testserver that is, because not everyone has **** access to that you know?
    Honestly I am done with this game and no not really because of this, it's just one more lousy thing in a long line of lousy things not being communicated properly confirming that this game doesn't really want players around. And yeah, I'm on the forum nearly daily yet I have seen ZIP about this till now.

The forums. I've never logged into the test server and I knew about it.

Link please? Since your bitching TRIBBLE is so knowledgeable.
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • thelordofshadesthelordofshades Member Posts: 258 Arc User
    They are still used in Doff missions.
    In doffing with few exceptions commodities are basically thing-in-itself - it is mainly either exchange commodities for EC or exchange EC for commodities: both types of these missions in absence of other use for commodities are equally useless.
    In very few doffing assignments that have commodities as addiotional requirements they could have been easily replaced with EC.

In fact, commodities made much more sense in fleet projects, than their now redundant presense in doffing system.

• tilarium1979tilarium1979 Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    I do understand the OPs complaint though. I think the real fail is that there was 0 word about this possibly happening. I have a personal Federation and Klingon fleet that is mostly just my characters and a couple of friends that play on occasions. The Federation fleet was actually empty of projects as we completed everything and I just never got around to adding new ones. The Klingon fleet, as there are much less Klingon characters, had a full set of active projects on all the holdings. They all lost something as I couldn't get a hold my friends to run into the game and try and finish them off. Most of them were just missing Fleet Marks. I was able to finish 1 project off, the rest lost all the commodities that were in it. Am I annoyed? Yes. But I'm just going to suck it up and shrug it off because it happens. Like I said, would have been nice had they given us a weeks notice that it was going to happen so we could finish projects or not place any commodities in the ones we were show about being able to finish.
  • tilarium1979tilarium1979 Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    10 mill EC? I can make that in 5 minutes.

It's not the point. The point is that they changed a system in the game with no notice. Yes, I read the post a few about the quoted post that said it was there. The problem is that STOs communication methods have been TRIBBLE for a long time now and information is not readily available. It's scattered over various mediums, rarely with the same info on more then one, it's scattered in those various mediums (especially here on the website).
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    I could see the OP's need for butthurt IF we didn't know this change was coming... but we HAVE known for months...
    Look, they did say stuff about the loss on Tribble, there was a few Threads in General that talked about it as well. The News Blog that mentioned this came out last night. So it was available, but not strictly well advertised by PWE. Not as bad as described in 'The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy':

'You hadn't exactly gone out of your way to draw attention to them!

But the plans were on display!

On display? I eventually had to go down to the cellar! - That's the display department! With a torch! No lights. No stairs!

But you did see the notice?

Oh, yes. It was on display in the bottom of a locked filing cabinet, in a disused lavatory with a sign on the door, "Beware of the leopard!" Ever thought of going into advertising?'

But not Paul Revere material either. :)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • macarthur1961macarthur1961 Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Stop the servers! Roll us back 24 hours! @imperialgemini spent literally pocket change to save a few EC and it's now all for not. Pack it up and let's go home everyone. /s

Look an **** without a conscience. I was not asking your opinion or anyone else's opinion. This is the only place STO has given us a voice to our grievances and the post was meant for the Devs. I am sure I am not the only one who is going to raise the issue. I have had many friends complain about this as well, not to mention some of the leaders in the fleets in the Armada's I am in. The friend who let me on their freighter to buy commodities on the cheap side with my Ferengi also is not happy. So just because some of you are callous douche bags, does not make my post wrong.

The fact is the devs did not plan this out well.

It sounds like you didn't know there are... well, to be generous, "people" on these forums and in STO that are just trolls. Either bullies in RL or their victims in RL that turn to internet to spread the wealth.
    Ignore the Trolls, OP. Recognize them for what they are: pitiful. You are in the right and correct about this being your only format for expressing you OPINION.
    If it is any consolation, many of us have lost all our zen ships, ect.
    And trolls, it is an opinion and/or an observation. Not whining in any sense of the word. B)
  • orbdamorbdam Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    I had no idea this change was coming and I usually read the news they put in the launcher. I admit that I haven't been logging in that often lately (once a week or so), but I still follow them on twitter and I receive their email newsletters.

However, I never saw anything about this change for fleet projects and we lost all our commodity contributions (worth almost 50 million EC) in this update. I have to agree with those saying that they could've done more to inform us about this change with more dedicated information post in all of their news media (Launcher, Twitter, Newsletter, etc.).

I can make that lost EC, it's not the major issue for me here. I'm more worried about losing another part of the game I personally liked as they basically rendered most of the commodities completely useless with this change. Special ships like Tuffli and Suliban Cell lost a lot because of this, as they have good commodity vendors onboard.​​
  • nephitisnephitis Member Posts: 456 Arc User
    Easiest thing everyone affected could have done was to finish the projects they could finish before the patch, and not start new projects until after the patch.
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    I do not support the swearing and unnecessary rage the OP and a few others put in their posts, but I do support the OPs cause. Reseting projects worth 20+ million EC without any form of compensation seems unfortunate to me. Being in a two-player fleet, some of our larger projects are slotted for weeks or months, being slowly filled with dilithium - the other commodities are usually filled rather quickly. However, this change meant that the progress on larger upgrades was severly set back and millions of EC were lost and have to be filled again, which doesn't make me a happy Targ.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
    As I said in other posts, if fourth grade math was too difficult for them to give an EC deposit based upon what was already donated to Fleet Projects, then in the case that ALL Commodities for the Fleet Project were completely FILLED, the new EC donation counter should have been completely filled as well.

Regardless of what others have said, the real QoL change would have been to convert Doff requirements to Dilithium as they did for those few Reputation Projects.
    100 Dilithium per Doff. To get our Starbase subsections from Tier 4 to 5 requires 3x2x77x150 Doffs or 69,300. For me donating 7,700 Dilithium to a Fleet Project is a lot easier than getting 77 Doffs.

Of course the Ferengi would say it is easy peasy to get Doffs, but that's because they just jacked up the Exchange price for Common Doffs with the new Holding.

And I see that they expanded out those ridiculous Provision donations for the new Holding with a new Provision. There is another QoL change they could have made. Dump those for EC as well. 500 Fleet Credits per Provision with no Fleet Credit for the donation.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • nccmarknccmark Member Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    "Link please? Since your bitching **** is so knowledgeable."

Stop being lazy. Search *commodities* in this very forum. LOADS of posts. You can easily see that this was discussed ad naseum for weeks and weeks.

If you missed it, then YOU missed it. Most of us read ahead and prepared.
  • admiralkogaradmiralkogar Member Posts: 875 Arc User
    It's over. Please move forward!
    Qapla!
    nccmark wrote: »
    "Link please? Since your bitching **** is so knowledgeable."

Stop being lazy. Search *commodities* in this very forum. LOADS of posts. You can easily see that this was discussed ad naseum for weeks and weeks.

If you missed it, then YOU missed it. Most of us read ahead and prepared.

Well maybe not yet ...
    Most of US in the larger sense aren't even on these forums. However of those of us who are here, YES most of US knew.

The real problem that most of US who are on the forums is that we do not reflect the majority. We only reflect the noisy portion of the community. The part of the community not actually playing the game RIGHT NOW! Cause we are fighting here over the ashes of what was ...

Now! Can we move on?

Qapla!
  • whiteknight1xwhiteknight1x Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Look I understand if you want to change things up. However you just made commodities useless and I had spent millions of EC to purchase commodities in preparation for fleet projects. I had my starbase upgrading to level II and after that the shipyard was pending then the transwarp. So I pre-purchaded all the commodities off of a friend's freighter with my Ferengi ahead of time so I would not have to bother him and could have it all ready for the next queue.

Now with your latest patch, all those commodities I pre-purchased are worthless. I cannot use them and no one needs them so they will not sell on exchange.

Now if I recycle them in replicator I take a HUGE loss in EC which is now what is needed for fleet projects. That is COMPLETELY unfair to us. If you were going to make this adjustment. You should have at least included something for us to turn in current commodities in our inventory for at least a REASONABLE amount perhaps equal to what it is sold for in freighters. The nice thing would have been making you get an equal amount of what it used to cost to replicate it.

I swear do you not think these things through? My purchase of life-time subscription and my continued purchases of C-store keeps this game funded and keeps you developers employed. The LEAST you could do is consider how such a drastic change is going to affect things and put in some recourse for those of us who had been using the commodities not only for fleet projects, but as a source of economic trade on the exchange! In one night you destroyed one of the economies on STO!

I agree, I have millions of EC worth of commodities just sitting in my banks for Fleet projects that I can't use anymore. DOff mission do not use every commodity offer in game and I have so much of them it take years to use them in Doff missions that I don't really need to do anyway.
    If you have to sell them, do so to the Ground Equipment Vendor in the Voth Ground Battlezone HQ. Best return rates.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    Look I understand if you want to change things up. However you just made commodities useless and I had spent millions of EC to purchase commodities in preparation for fleet projects.
    On the plus side, you won't have to buy those commodities for doffing for a while.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    Why would you do that if the change was about to occur? The coming change had been talked about for a while.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    Why would you do that if the change was about to occur? The coming change had been talked about for a while.

It's a bit too easy to sy that, though. If one isn't a regular forumite and mostly just plays the game, information like this is going straight over their head. There is no in-game news system that would hint at such fundamental game changes before time. The official blog came out a day before, so that's not much in terms of "signs" to read.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou

I contend that we who actually do come onto the forums with any regularity, are very much in the minority. If I am correct, which with all the surprise and anger we are seeing, I think I am, then the forums are not the best way to communicate with the casual audience for this product. That is why he would do what he did.

Qapla!
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    the best we can really hope for is a news bulletin in the launcher...
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
This discussion has been closed.