Closed
Post edited by imperialgemini on

Comments

• Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Your investment failed. It happens.
  • Options
    kjfettkjfett Member Posts: 370 Arc User
    Stop the servers! Roll us back 24 hours! @imperialgemini spent literally pocket change to save a few EC and it's now all for not. Pack it up and let's go home everyone. /s
    kjfett_14091.jpg
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,571 Arc User
    No the major point was that even if ALL the Commodities for a Project were filled, they set progress in EC to ZERO. I could see them not wanting to figure out partials on that, but really, if it was all there then they could have filled up the EC to MAX.

People talk about EC sinks, but this was just laziness, PERIOD.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    ltminns wrote: »
    No the major point was that even if ALL the Commodities for a Project were filled, they set progress in EC to ZERO. I could see them not wanting to figure out partials on that, but really, if it was all there then they could have filled up the EC to MAX.

People talk about EC sinks, but this was just laziness, PERIOD.

True, that kinda sucks, but that isn't what the OP was complaining about.
    kjfett_14091.jpg
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    Wondered how soon it would be until one of these threads cropped up. Thanks for not letting me down, OP.​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,571 Arc User
    And the real problem with Fleet Projects was the Doffs. Getting those holds up our Projects. If they had applied the same formula that they did for those Reputation Project (Elite Scorpions, Elite Widows) to remove Doff requirements that would have been a real QoL saver. The formula was 1 Common Doff = 100 Dilitium.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    imperialgeminiimperialgemini Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    Closed
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Closed
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Closed
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Way to over dramatize....

It's more like grocery store coupons expiring.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Closed
  • Options
    fruitvendor12fruitvendor12 Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    I understand how you feel. This has been known for several weeks now. It never hurts to click on the news links from your launcher.
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Closed
  • Options
    clannmacclannmac Member Posts: 279 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    10 mill EC? I can make that in 5 minutes.

Hey, that's great - but you are missing the POINT, and really not being helpful to the poster. So if you've nothing useful to say...butt out, yeah?
    366400.jpg

Fleet Commander
    Caprica's Revenge
    (...actually active since November 2010, which may one day be important to archaeologists, but not to anyone else...)
  • Options
    clannmacclannmac Member Posts: 279 Arc User
    I'll join in this one, too... GREAT job, guys, on the shock conversion of items like Doffs and commodities to EC - WITHOUT COMPENSATION!!! "These project slots have been reset to zero." And they write it like they are doing us a favor... You DO know THOSE things took ages to build up and deposit (especially those things that COST EC, like torps and commodities), cost US a lot of time and energy to gather, and LOOK - NO COMPENSATION, even an "average" given to everyone would have been something. Instead, I just patched the holes in my Fleet's projects to the tune of over 100 million EC. No, not real cash, but you DO know how long that take to amass if done honestly, right?? Did you guys rehire Dan Stahl or something?!?!?! This is EXACTLY the type of heavy-handed, play it our way or no way GARBAGE that caused so many to bail a couple of years back - which we actually received an apology for, believe it or not, but the best day was learning Dan had resigned! We DON'T NEED MORE OF THAT GARBAGE AGAIN!! Anyway, I digress...

I'll end with this: I DO have DX11, and I went in and immediately turned off the 2.0. Sorry guys, underwhelming and unimpressive. Sometimes, you should leave a good thing alone. Sometimes more is just...more.
    366400.jpg

Fleet Commander
    Caprica's Revenge
    (...actually active since November 2010, which may one day be important to archaeologists, but not to anyone else...)
  • Options
    hfmuddhfmudd Member Posts: 881 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Lots of players can't (because they don't know how, or whatever). Including me.

I was in a similar bind to the OP, having already put my commodities into my own fleet's projects before I found out. My 11th hour solution, last night, was to buy some zen, convert it to dil, and kick off all the projects so my "pocket change" wouldn't be completely wasted. Too late for that now, though; it's happened. And I understand why they did it this way, but it's still pretty rough on those who got caught unaware.
  • Options
    jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Devs who changed overnight the rules of the game

My God. You... you mean Cryptic can change the rules? Jesus, what a bunch of pompous jerks. You'd think they were the original developers or someth-

...Oh right, they are.
  • Options
    edrogenedrogen Member Posts: 202 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    @clannmac

There will never be a day that I take your orders. Nor will there ever be a day that I have synpathy for overblown dumb rants like this one.

Well said, sir.
    To the ranters - it's a game, you're not 'owed' anything.
    Thread might have gone better without the personal attacks.
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    iconians wrote: »
    Wondered how soon it would be until one of these threads cropped up. Thanks for not letting me down, OP.

Why because you were not affected by it? If you wondered how soon, then you must of understood that there was a FLAW in their planning. One does not predict something unless there is a reason for their prediction.

Actually, my fleet was affected by it. You know what? I got over it. Because I'd rather have this minor setback than to continue dealing with fleet holdings in their previous state with the stupid commodity requirements.

It's been like this every time they've changed fleet holding requirements, with all previous progress erased in favor of the new progress requirements.

Enjoy the fleet credits you earned, if you're looking for a silver lining.​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,113 Arc User
    **** all of you who made snarky remarks. Just because it did not affect you. You think you can come on here and be a smart ****. Yet you offer no actual discourse on why I am wrong. The fact two days ago I spent about 10 million EC about half of what I have to fill up the commodities not only on current Projects, but to also stock up in advance for when my Starbase project finished in 4 days to get the other projects filled.

This patch literally wiped out that 10 million in EC. Some of you cry that it is pocket change. Well HALF my EC is NOT pocket change to me. The ones making those comments sound like pretentious ****, probably because you are. If you are fortunate enough to be able to drop 10 million EC without blinking, more power to you. Some of us though do not have that luxury. Some of us have invested hours in the game to build up while trying to maintain small fleets practically on our own. So when I am a small fleet and pretty much making all the contributions. You are damn right I am going to be pissed when they wipe out HALF my EC investment and then zero out the EC contributions for fleet projects I already had filled with commodities. They stole that work from me. PERIOD and I have every right to be angry and since the forums are the ONLY method they give us for grievances. This is where I posted it.

Some of you players are some of the most immature dispassionate **** ever. If your just going to come here and comment with attempted insults, then all you are showing is how much of a douche bag you are.

We're immature? Um who's throwing a temper tantrum over the loss of some in game digital currency here?
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    hamishmacdoogalhamishmacdoogal Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    I was shocked to read the removal of commodities from the fleet projects. Even more shocked to read that levels were reset to zero. The first and most obvious thing to complain about is that the Dev's KNEW they would get backlash for this decision and did it anyways. Second, the commodities already have an EC value that could have been convertible (even at 75%) so it should not have been necessary to set them to zero at all. And just as horrible is that the commodity broker on New Romulus Embassy is pretty much useless and was a waste of EVERY resource to build it.
    Yeah. This was not one of the better moves I've seen.
  • Options
    yaminigmayaminigma Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    warpangel wrote: »
    Your investment failed. It happens.

No it did not fail. It was literally stolen by the Devs who changed overnight the rules of the game. What if your job gave you your paycheck and the next day the government says. You know what we are not accepting money anymore. Your paycheck is worthless and all the work you did to earn it is worthless. Were switching to a new form of paying for goods and not offering you anything to exchange the old form that you were just paid in.

Yeah you would not be too happy now would you.

Why do people always resort to using a real life analogy for a video game? I mean, just last night I was reading in the warcraft broads someone saying if you don't give your Loot to someone that needs it, it's like IRL not giving a starving person food. It sucks that you lost the EC but it's pretend money not real money like someone's pay check. calm down. it's just a "well TRIBBLE" moment not an "oh my god, all is lost!" moment

• Options
    **** all of you who made snarky remarks. Just because it did not affect you. You think you can come on here and be a smart ****. Yet you offer no actual discourse on why I am wrong. The fact two days ago I spent about 10 million EC about half of what I have to fill up the commodities not only on current Projects, but to also stock up in advance for when my Starbase project finished in 4 days to get the other projects filled.

yeah, this was incoming for over a month now. Anyone that has been around at all knew this was moved to the test server almost a month ago and inbound for production any day. That you ignored all that and did this just two days ago is why we all are laughing at your expense.
    kjfett_14091.jpg
  • Options
    kjfett wrote: »
    Stop the servers! Roll us back 24 hours! @imperialgemini spent literally pocket change to save a few EC and it's now all for not. Pack it up and let's go home everyone. /s

Look an **** without a conscience. I was not asking your opinion or anyone else's opinion. This is the only place STO has given us a voice to our grievances and the post was meant for the Devs. I am sure I am not the only one who is going to raise the issue. I have had many friends complain about this as well, not to mention some of the leaders in the fleets in the Armada's I am in. The friend who let me on their freighter to buy commodities on the cheap side with my Ferengi also is not happy. So just because some of you are callous douche bags, does not make my post wrong.

The fact is the devs did not plan this out well.

YOU did not plan this out well. The devs gave you the same notice they gave everyone else. We all knew it was coming and stopped waste money on the stuff weeks ago. You have no one to blame but yourself and getting all bent because we are getting a good laugh at your expense if part of the cost for posting on the forums about problems you brought on yourself.
    kjfett_14091.jpg
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,040 Community Moderator
    For anyone who's complaining about no warning... technically we DID have warning about the switch. There was a thread on here leading up to the patch where we voiced concerns as to how it would work, and one of the Devs did say it was a total conversion of the inputs, and that because of how it is set up, it would reset the inputs that were affected.

So... no. The Devs did not rob you of any ECs. You just planned ahead without researching enough, and can now probably corner the market for those commodities on the Exchange for a couple days. Can happen to anyone. I wasn't aware of any changes to DOff inputs, and had been stockpiling colonists for any projects that will take any or civilian DOffs. Probably don't need them now.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 903 Arc User
    kjfett wrote: »

yeah, this was incoming for over a month now. Anyone that has been around at all knew this was moved to the test server almost a month ago and inbound for production any day. That you ignored all that and did this just two days ago is why we all are laughing at your expense.

Where exactly have this been announced? Outside the testserver that is, because not everyone has TRIBBLE access to that you know?
    Honestly I am done with this game and no not really because of this, it's just one more lousy thing in a long line of lousy things not being communicated properly confirming that this game doesn't really want players around. And yeah, I'm on the forum nearly daily yet I have seen ZIP about this till now.

Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • Options
    thelordofshadesthelordofshades Member Posts: 258 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    What makes me wonder about this change though is why they didn't remove the commodities from the game all together with the compensation of their value in EC ?
    At the moment they are absolutely redundant.
    They had two major uses in-game:
    - exploration cluster missions (gone with the clusters)
    - fleet projects (gone with the recent revamp)

Why multiply the useless systems and items ? - the game already has too much of them.
    It would also help avoid the issues like the OP's
  • Options
    reiklingraiderreiklingraider Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    kjfett and rattler2's comments says it all. It is your fault that it played out this way for you. I know of fleets that stopped slotting projects until this took effect. Like someone else said, at least you get to keep the fleet credits for the commodities that you unwisely bought and used. Good luck in the future and try to keep up on changes that affect your game play.
This discussion has been closed.