test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Crashing. Screen freeze. Have to turn pc off with power button.

Ok. This is a last gasp effort to save myself from total insanity. I am not a big gamer but STO has really suited me. I love space fantasy and have become addicted to the various Star Trek franchises on TV. After overcoming numerous bugs of late I now have the above mentioned problem. Without warning the game just freezes. It is not possible to use ctrl alt del as there is no movement at all including mouse pointer. The only way to come out is to switch the PC off with the power button. I have been led to believe this is not a good thing to do too often. I found a site called "test my game", which informed me that although my PC met minimum requirements I could do with an improved Graphics card, so I could play with recommended spec. Is this likely to cure my issue?. I would need to spend £150 on an upgraded Graphics card, which I can afford, but would be really angry if the problem was still there. Any advice would be appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 903 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    I have something of the same issue, except I can do the ctrl+alt+delete, get to the task manager and force close the game, but it's getting annoying since it happens with five minutes intervals now.
    My laptop is brand new and designed for gaming, drivers should be up to date as I did that when I got it a week and a half ago and I more than meet the minimum requirements. Any suggestions anyone?

Edit: I've tried force verify as well as launching the game in safe mode, neither have solved the issue.
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • Options
    arkyboyarkyboy Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    I have run into this issue today 10/24/2016 I have never had any issue at all with the game until today. I can use Ctrl+Alt+Del but it won't launch that task manager I'm having to restart or shut down then restart to exit the game. My laptop more than meets the requirements to play this game. force verify & safe mode do nothing to change this.
    [img][/img]Screenshot%2067_zps8ijfhubt.png
  • Options
    garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
  • Options
    arkyboyarkyboy Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    garaks31 wrote: »
    from launcher - options - check save mode - load the game

and find my first post in this topic

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/comment/12926806?

Have tried "safe mode" doesn't change a thing still locks up/goes black screen,crashes
    [img][/img]Screenshot%2067_zps8ijfhubt.png
  • Options
    kurzoffkurzoff Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    you are not alone lol, this is what i have feared worst, thing has happened, i am not able to play anymore
    do we need a signature? why?
  • Options
    bialzybubbialzybub Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    Was playing the game fine until I went to New Romulus on my 23c character. It now loads then crashes, but I have to restart my PC to even play the game on another character. It also happened on another character going to Drozana Station. So I now have 2 characters that I cannot play due to fatal crash and it does not allow me to submit a crash report to Cryptic. I have done "safe mode" window no maximized and I am at a loss.