Comments

• Options
    eldarion79eldarion79 Member Posts: 1,679 Arc User
    Team Alpha
    I like the UFO feel of the Alpha
  • Options
    reikontenshireikontenshi Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    Team Bravo
    I'm for Bravo. I like the up-turned curve of its wings in profile, & Alpha seems a bit...simplistic, I guess?

Besides, I agree that it looks a little too similar to other triangular designs like the JHD or the Elachi S'Golth. I would like to see something unique this time around (unlike with the "Design a Fed Carrier" contest, which - let's admit it - was *always* going to end up as a Jupiter).
  • Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    Team Alpha
    Alpha kind of looks like something Tholian, I still prefer it though.
  • Options
    lapprenticellapprenticel Member Posts: 254 Arc User
    To be honest none of the shadow designs really excite me. Assuming the 6 models shown give the top and rear views I'll probably end up voting for #5 (half-moon design) but I'd prefer it if they flipped it so the 'closing claw' faced forwards.
  • Options
    necreliosis#4763 necreliosis Member Posts: 112 Arc User
    Team Alpha
    #Drool
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    Team Bravo
    I had a sandwich one time that looked a lot like Bravo. It was on rye bread and had this really delicious provolone cheese on it. If my sandwich is any indication of a good starship design, then you can count me in with Team Bravo.​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    einar#1331 einar Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Team Bravo
    I'm definitely with Team Bravo. I believe a ship should have a clear "front" that immediately shows in which direction the ship goes, and the Alpha doesn't have that,
  • Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
    Team Alpha
    what is this for? the anniversary next year?

arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10203793
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • Options
    helios64helios64 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Team Bravo
    i voted for bravo because from the front view it doesnt look like a typical ufo
  • Options
    gumcegumce Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Team Bravo
    if you look at the lines of each ship. Alpha is lumpy as the Brovo has sleek lines as well as being smooth in the curves of her shape
  • Options
    samborski#4611 samborski Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    Team Alpha
    Alpha, for now. It has this flare of a classical UFO or of a Goa'uld star ship from Star Gate, and God, you won't believe me how much I like those. Thou I actually would prefer "Number 4", in my opinion this is how a Galactic Empire star ship from Asimov's Foundation series would have looked like, and my preferences of having something, reminiscent of one of my favourite Sci-Fi genres, is clear.
  • Options
    lhoygowlhoygow Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Team Alpha
    Went with Alpha, just because it looks more practical as far as space to contain crew, equipment, etc. Hoping though that the Team Charlie "Jupiter 2" wins out in the end, this game needs a Lost in Space flying saucer.
  • Options
    vaylikvaylik Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    Team Alpha
    they both could do with a bit of length but alpha looks better if just by a bit.
  • Options
    subzer0d1videsubzer0d1vide Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    Bravo
    --

"The higher the fewer."
  • Options
    terranempire#7881 terranempire Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    Team Alpha
    What brunodasbrot said. They both remind me of the pyramid ships in Stargate. Nice, looks like my Goa'uld/jaffa characters will have another new toy to play with. Sure is good for the other fans that have a Stargate theme fleet.

Looks a bit stretched out though. Could use some more bulk. Looks good though. Till then I'll be using my APU for Stargate theme. Kree on!
    apophis_newanime_015.gif

tumblr_p30rz12vWH1qdb2vqo6_r1_540.gif
    "Great men are not peacemakers, Great men are conquerors!" - Captain Archer"
    "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
    #Support Mirror Universe I.S.S. Prefixes
  • Options
    jtoon74jtoon74 Member Posts: 409 Arc User
    Team Alpha
    I keep trying to get Star Destroyers through:P
  • Options
    dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    Team Alpha
    Somehow I cant help thinking this vote is ultimately going to come down to Alpha and Charlie as folk want UFO style ships.

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Team Alpha
    dirlettia wrote: »
    Somehow I cant help thinking this vote is ultimately going to come down to Alpha and Charlie as folk want UFO style ships.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6rYhQDQ4to
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    iradicus1iradicus1 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Team Alpha
    Hmm Bravo looks more like a space-boomerang, they will launch it, and it will return and smash into their planet..bad idea that.
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    Team Bravo
    iradicus1 wrote: »
    Hmm Bravo looks more like a space-boomerang, they will launch it, and it will return and smash into their planet..bad idea that.

It'll save on fuel costs for the return trip. Efficiency!​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    iradicus1iradicus1 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Team Alpha
    iconians wrote: »
    iradicus1 wrote: »

It'll save on fuel costs for the return trip. Efficiency!​​

Yeh, but how fast!
    If it turns when it just reached the end of their own system and then crashes back into their own planet it might just be a bad way to start exploring.

Unless they want to have their first huge spaceship accident on the same day as the actual first huge spaceship launch.

• Options
    pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    Congratulations to #TeamAlpha for winning this first round of the Lukari Community Ship Building contest!
This discussion has been closed.