test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lukari Community Ship Voting

Comments

• millybunmillybun Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    Team Bravo
    Delta wing, all the way.

I see they're going with the whole UFO thing, and I always thought the sleek delta wings were the most interesting.
  • galattgalatt Member Posts: 707 Arc User
    Team Bravo
    I'm voting Bravo, but #5 all the way
    sig_picture_resize_by_gx_9901-db9d1v1.png
  • ssbn655ssbn655 Member Posts: 1,894 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Alpha all the way for me, it has that X-Files feel to it! However, I notice another familiar looking ship from the list on the blog, the crescent shaped ship looks like a Yehat Terminator ship from Star Control! If that ends up being the released ship, please let us make an alien with a beak and wings!

Then it would be another Romulan ship. Pretty much all the new Rom Ships have a distinct bird head to them and wings. All I can assume is you never really have taken a good look at Rom ships.
  • drmcdonalddrmcdonald Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Team Alpha
    Alpha, but it's close.
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    Team Bravo
    I'm leaning toward that 5th design myself.... The third one is a bit too Cylon for me tho

cylon_raider_mk_i_ortho__update__by_unusualsuspex-d76bj7j.jpg
    9741e42a0154f44bb58ca39f5994605d1476678983.png
  • captainchaos66captainchaos66 Member Posts: 409 Arc User
    Team Alpha

Team Alpha: Looks like the secret space ship from an episode of X-Files... Beta is cool looking,, but Alpha is cooler.
    Fleet Admiral In charge of Bacon
    Fighting 5th Attack Squadron
    The Devils Henchman
  • kirk2811kirk2811 Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    Team Alpha
    Alpha for me
  • seriousxenoseriousxeno Member Posts: 473 Arc User
    Team Alpha
    Out of these two, I'm gonna go with Alpha.

Out of the whole bunch, I would mostly want the second last one, reminds me of the Son'a cruisers which looked pretty nice.
    latest?cb=20090525051807&path-prefix=en
    "Let them eat static!"
  • swalldevswalldev Member Posts: 15 Cryptic Developer
    Team Alpha
    To clarify the directionality of the thumbnails, the of forward of the ship is towards the top of the image. The second image below is the Aft perspective of the ship. Here is a image to help. http://i.imgur.com/k3gdfyH.jpg

We are super excited to be doing another community ship. We look forward to seeing what you choose.
    Samuel
    Swallrus
    Art Lead
  • highlandrisehighlandrise Member Posts: 354 Arc User
    Team Alpha
    ugh...to be honest all those Designs look....weird? But if i have to choose, i choose Alpha between those 2, reason? I dont know >_>
  • captainsolo6captainsolo6 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Team Bravo
    I personaly voted for bravo considering the game has plenty of triangle design so i see no reason to vote for alpha this time
  • velquavelqua Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Team Alpha
    swalldev wrote: »
    To clarify the directionality of the thumbnails, the of forward of the ship is towards the top of the image. The second image below is the Aft perspective of the ship. Here is a image to help. http://i.imgur.com/k3gdfyH.jpg

We are super excited to be doing another community ship. We look forward to seeing what you choose.
    Samuel

Thank you for the clarification.

Like others have said, Alpha meets the needs of the Lukari. It is a solid sturdy build, which is a good start for exploring the galaxy.

Bravo would have been a good idea if wing tips were not bent. That said, that design isn't really a 1st generation starship, but rather it is more like a 3rd or 4th generation.

As for the others, the Saucer would be interesting to fly, but again, it doesn't have that 1st generation feel. The rest are just parts rather than ships, and they really don't fit the 1st generation flight into space, even for the Lukari.
    18662390068_f716cd60e3.jpg
  • turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    Team Alpha
    I'm leaning toward that 5th design myself.... The third one is a bit too Cylon for me tho

Interesting argument, I actually like the fifth design for its resemblence to an '03 Cylon Raider (along with the Goa'uld 'Death Glider' from Stargate and WH40k's Necron 'Doom Scythe).
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,455 Arc User
    Team Alpha
    Team Alpha for the win!
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
    Team Bravo

Samuel

hmmm that.... seems backwards but thanks for the info... doesn't alter my votes much but good to know
  • rclark79rclark79 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Team Bravo
    If you look at it b4 you vote there are drawings below that show evidence of further designing of each craft. The Alpha design ends up mundane and even a bit ugly. the Bravo is a bit better and would be the better pick for imagined coloration. I was hoping there would have been more of a Klingon/Romulan design to it but...nope.
    Team Bravo
    does the #6 one come with a 'Class 1 Maneuver' console and the title Navigator?

latest?cb=20131121132407
  • captkelly31#5645 captkelly31 Member Posts: 392 Arc User
    Team Alpha

Interesting argument, I actually like the fifth design for its resemblence to an '03 Cylon Raider (along with the Goa'uld 'Death Glider' from Stargate and WH40k's Necron 'Doom Scythe).

The fifth, you mean that Son'a wanna-be?
  • breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Team Alpha
    Alpha, so that Triangle Man can meet Particle Gens... except the song is really old and the Skill isn't called that anymore...

Also, next time can you spell out in the illustrations which end is Up/Down or Front/Back in the images? I'd hate to end up voting on a design that turns out to be flying backwards.

Samuel

Ah, thanks, that is helpful. :smile:
    tom61sto wrote: »
    #TeamActuallyWantedanEstablishedGornShip :/

Of the options presented, the second to last one looks best to me, like a Mogai without a beak.

I'm going to guess that we're not going to vote on specs/layout, just like we didn't with the Jupiter. Hopefully it turns out with some sort of good layout. Probably full of Eng slots to go with the new K-13 consoles, even though most of these are going to be flown on alts without a lot of Fleet gear or by Fleet-less folks.

Yeah, one does wonder how they end up turning a retired Gorn ship into any of the designs offerred...
    Post edited by breadandcircuses on
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • helmerhelmer Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    Team Alpha
    What happened to the Gorn ship. I had hoped we were getting the TOS gorn ship. None of these even have warp nacelles
  • borastborast Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Team Bravo
    Team Bravo.

The alpha ship looks too much like ships already available.
  • blazeritterblazeritter Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    I mean this as constructive criticism, since these seem to be following a long-time trend.

These designs look essentially two-dimensional (length and width, but no real height). When designing the Sovereign class, the art team explicitly wanted something that looks good from all angles - including the intimidating "head-on/nose-to-nose" angle that says trouble is coming your way. Going nose to nose with a flat line doesn't convey anything.

That's my single biggest problem with all of these designs as shown so far. Combine that with the generic UFO look of almost all of them and they feel like forgettable monster-of-the-week ships. Maybe not bad, but certainly not memorable.

Maybe they'll get better as they move closer to final. Even a 3/4 view might help make them look somewhat more appealing.
  • themetalstickmanthemetalstickman Member Posts: 1,010 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Team Bravo
    Bravo for me, although I think I like 5 or 6 best
    Og12TbC.jpg

Your father was captain of a starship for twelve minutes. He saved 800 lives, including your mother's, and yours.

I dare you to do better.
  • majorhalcyonmajorhalcyon Member Posts: 199 Arc User
    Team Alpha
    Definitely Alpha...more of what I'd imagine a species new to warp flight would design.
  • officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    Team Bravo
    @artaniscreed
    You is wrong. My assumption was right.

Turns out others that though that way may ave wasted their vote.
  • kelley117kelley117 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Alpha
  • hyprodimushyprodimus Member Posts: 196 Arc User
    Team Bravo
    I liked Beta, but it felt like it was incomplete. There was way more detail in Alpha.
  • rpenrodrpenrod Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Team Bravo
    I voted Bravo. Alpha is a bit too triangle-ish for me. That being said, image E is eerly similar to this Son'a Battleship (top of ship is the front of it): 270?cb=20140112230901270?cb=20140112230901

• scififan78scififan78 Member Posts: 1,383 Arc User
    Team Alpha

The fifth, you mean that Son'a wanna-be?

Glad I am not the only one that see that.

I couldn't really decide between the two so I let my son pick. Went with Alpha. Personally, I like #6 from just the thumbnails.
  • collossustitancollossustitan Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    Team Bravo
    As long as either Alpha wins or Beta wins idc, Alpha looks like a more refined Star Destroyer while the Beta Design just looks like a predator.
This discussion has been closed.