test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Entire game broken on PS4 after server maintenance.

aliennumber5aliennumber5 Member Posts: 43 Arc User
Missions: Broken
Spacedocks: Broken
PvE: Broken
Alpha Quadrant: Broken
Dyson Sphere: Broken
Delta Quadrant: Broken

The bug seems to revolve around gaining access to areas. Sometimes you get in sometimes you can't. Log out/Log in and instance changes help you sometimes but not all the time. I was going to buy Zen but how can I when your game crashed this hard after server maintenance? Fix it.

Comments

• deathbykarmadeathbykarma Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    Xbox one is confirmed to be broken aswell, most missions that require dialog to proceed are broke. Spacestations are also broke. Hopefully we will get some confirmation from the devs, because I'm not waiting around forever.
  • aliennumber5aliennumber5 Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    Well it's day 2 of the server maintenance disaster on PS4 and XBOX One. And you want the players to dump money into end game ships?.
  • bloodenragedbloodenraged Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    last twit they posted said something with the patch server switched the identifier for Starfleet and KDF, making each register as the other
  • byozuma#0956 byozuma Member Posts: 502 Arc User
    Wow, now there's a blunder. It would also explain why sometimes you use the wrong beam-out animations.
    oldracesbanner.jpg
  • direwolf016#2451 direwolf016 Member Posts: 196 Arc User
    Apparently, the beam-out animations are meant to be changed into the colour of your career-type...
    ..... no direworf, they are different by faction, not career. watch the tv series
  • byozuma#0956 byozuma Member Posts: 502 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Yeah, I don't think vulcans are supposed to be tapping at non-existent gauntlets before beaming out in red splaying sparklies.
    oldracesbanner.jpg
    ..... no direworf, they are different by faction, not career. watch the tv series
    Shh..it's okay, sweetheart.
    Yeah, I don't think vulcans are supposed to be tapping at non-existent gauntlets before beaming out in red splaying sparklies.
    I'm going by secondhand information, but basically part of the patch yesterday was to star setting up for more career-specific aesthetics, including differing colours in transporter beams. Whether that's true, or not, I guess we'll find out.
    IT had better not be, it flies in the face of the lore in a massive way.
    there are a few types of beam aesthetics
    blue particle for modern federation ((TNG era and current era))
    yellow particle for past federation ((TOS era))
    red for klingons
    romulans have their own too ((cant for the life of me remember, before this debacle i was gonna make a rom character, but meh now))
    Cardassians have their own color, again cant remember, need to watch ds9 again

so as you can see, these are the canon types of beam color's,
  • ackv8124#5872 ackv8124 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Do you guys know if there is a place where they keep track of current / known issues and their status? something similar to the PSN service status, for instance ..
    IT had better not be, it flies in the face of the lore in a massive way.
    maxresdefault.jpg
  • crypticspartan#0627 crypticspartan Member Posts: 847 Cryptic Developer
    Apparently, the beam-out animations are meant to be changed into the colour of your career-type...
    Shh..it's okay, sweetheart.
    I'm going by secondhand information, but basically part of the patch yesterday was to star setting up for more career-specific aesthetics, including differing colours in transporter beams. Whether that's true, or not, I guess we'll find out.

Transporter beams are done by faction, not by career. It would be non-canonical, make no functional sense at all, and be a complete waste of work to attempt to do that. No. Not happening.
    of all the things you could have commentated about, it would be about something completely different from the hot topic issues
  • skullblits#4627 skullblits Member Posts: 1,273 Arc User
    getting fixed tomorrow check the news section
  • nateham101#2745 nateham101 Member Posts: 420 Arc User
    I am glad that I do not play games on TRIBBLE consoles. PC's forever!
    1Wlp6QH.gif
    @bloodenraged
    Hmm... you mean the content of the patch that made the game unplayable and it's effects when you say "hot topic issues"? Just making sure... You might want to work on your whole lashing-out thing you do, there.
  • jzhnutzjzhnutz Member Posts: 150 Arc User