test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[@CRYPTIC][An open letter]Romulan and Klingon Faction:

Comments

• Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,519 Arc User
    I want my Klingons to fly ships that look KDF (Klingon, Gorn).

But not Nausicaan or Orion?

Seems a bit limiting.

But look, I would love for them to create a T6 Varanus. That'd be awesome.

I just dispute your count of zero science ships. That's all.

Well sure, I could fly an Annorax or other non-KDF ship too. Ships are available, just (to me) no "real KDF" ones (No True Scotsman :) )

I'm not biased against Nausicaan either, the Kolasi Siege Destroyer would have made a decent looking science ship for the empire. I'd probably own one if it had a lt. commander science seat.

• Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    I want my Klingons to fly ships that look KDF (Klingon, Gorn).
    But not Nausicaan or Orion?

Seems a bit limiting.
    ^This

Damn racists, not seeing the true value of the Orions and Nausicaan's forces in the Empire.
    Ignoring Nausicaan is forgivable. We have the Kolasi after all. Obviously it's a flight deck destroyer, but it's a useful tac ship.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    starkaos wrote: »
    We need Reman and Lethean ships. There is almost nothing known about Letheans except for the fact that they are telepathic mercenaries and have appeared in a few missions.
    Did Remans and Letheans have ships in the shows?

Remans were introduced in Nemesis as lackeys of the Romulans. However, whether a particular player race had a ship or not is unimportant since the Orion, Gorn, and Nausicaans have ships in the show that are not the same as their ships in STO.
  • Options
    trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    I look at it this way. There are more Federation players. But, they only count as far as metrics go. In the story they are all counted as 1 Captain, just like every other faction. Granted they have more ships to choose from. But then, if you go by the story itself. It is the KDF and Romulan's saving the galaxy from all the Federation faux pas. So while the Federation claims to be "heroes", really all they are, are just the side kicks and tag-a-longs to the real saviors.

To make this even more clear. A hero, is a fool that barges in thinking they can fix the situation. When all they really accomplish is getting other people killed, without care, nor worry over the fact. While at the same time, placing a greater majority of people in danger from what they just tried to do. This is Standard Operating Procedures for the Federation. They jump in head first without care, nor worry as to what their actions are going to cause. Then leave up to those better than them, the KDF and Romulan's, to fix the problem, while steadfastly holding to the belief they are the heroes. When in fact they are the problem.

My advise here, as far as story goes. Play through on a Federation character, while some how managing not to vomit all over your keyboard and computer. Then switch to KDF or Romulan. This way, once you make in to all the cross-faction Feddie-bear missions. You can just press F faster than the dialogue box can keep up.

To sum this up, just look at the state of the galaxy and what problems have been caused by which faction.

Federation:
    Xindi
    Terran
    Dominon
    Borg
    Breen
    All of Delta Quad. Even though the Klingons were there 80 years before Voyager.
    Nah'kul

Romulans:
    Romulans
    Iconians
    Elachi

KDF:
    KDF

The Tholian's are just being Tholian's. No one attacked them or gave them provocation to do what they do.

Now with that list being there. You have to realize, from Dominion in the Federation list forward. It has been the KDF and Romulan's saving the Federation at every turn, with substandard equipment and ships. The Federation is just doing what the Federation does. Riding on the backs of giants and claiming all the glory.

While I do agree that the KDF and Romulan's have somethings that need work, i.e. the Rom Boff recruitment or a revamp/completion of their faction specific main cities. Looking at that list however. I'm more than satisfied to play my KDF characters, knowing I am one of the saviors of the galaxy. I'll continue to protect it from the problems caused by the second-rate, galactic citizens we call the Federation.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • Options
    qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    azrael605 wrote: »
    The Scimitar was a Reman ship, declared such on screen in Nemesis. It is however the only canon ship so noted. Of course Nemesis is the only canon appearance of Remans so there isn't a lot of material to work with.

Small correction, Remans did show up in Enterprise. Granted, they just stood there and looked grim and ugly, but they were there. :D
  • Options
    freightstopperfreightstopper Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Ah, ok. That makes a lot more sense now. KDF and Romulans have zero Science ships, except the one they do have, which is easily available in the C-Store, is based on a canon episode of one of the shows that adds the backstory element that both factions were part of a larger grouping that the show says is Federation and that Cryptic has called a Galactic Union. And, oddly enough is one of the more powerful and effective science ships out there in terms of stats, seating and build potential.

Good luck with your crusade, but for folks who want to fly a great Science Ship on their Klingon, I highly recommend buying the Eternal. For zen. From the C-Store. It's easy peasy and is really good at science.

Much like the episode counting bias, this really boils down to Cryptic solving the science ship dilemma with a faction neutral offering, allowing them to maximize profits and still address a hole in their ship offerings. But because it's not JUST a Romulan or JUST a Klingon ship, just like it's not JUST a Klingon specific mission, it doesn't work.

I get it. Some of you don't like faction neutral.

But your count is still wrong. There is one, not zero, one science ship readily available to all Romulans and Klingons. And it's a really good one.

We're SUPPOSED to be playing characters in the 25th century, not the 31st, if they want to drop in stuff from the future then they need to either 1) stick to the rules they made and make them gamble box rewards, or 2) do a story mission / episode chain and advance the in-game calendar to the 31st century.

Why should KDF and Romulan characters be forced into using a ship which should be like all the original temporal ships and be a frigging lockbox?

It is not a Romulan / Reman ship, it is not a Klingon / Gorn / Nausicaan / Orion ship, it is a FEDERATION ship from the fracking future.

Because people caved in a bought those damn ugly looking ships you can now forget about getting anymore ships for Rom / KDF that aren't in a lockbox or Promo pack now, because they've got their 'metrics' which tell them they get more money for non-fed stuff putting them into gamble boxes.

And they've already proven that money means all to them.
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,327 Arc User
    Ah, ok. That makes a lot more sense now. KDF and Romulans have zero Science ships, except the one they do have, which is easily available in the C-Store, is based on a canon episode of one of the shows that adds the backstory element that both factions were part of a larger grouping that the show says is Federation and that Cryptic has called a Galactic Union. And, oddly enough is one of the more powerful and effective science ships out there in terms of stats, seating and build potential.

Good luck with your crusade, but for folks who want to fly a great Science Ship on their Klingon, I highly recommend buying the Eternal. For zen. From the C-Store. It's easy peasy and is really good at science.

Much like the episode counting bias, this really boils down to Cryptic solving the science ship dilemma with a faction neutral offering, allowing them to maximize profits and still address a hole in their ship offerings. But because it's not JUST a Romulan or JUST a Klingon ship, just like it's not JUST a Klingon specific mission, it doesn't work.

But your count is still wrong. There is one, not zero, one science ship readily available to all Romulans and Klingons. And it's a really good one.

We're SUPPOSED to be playing characters in the 25th century, not the 31st, if they want to drop in stuff from the future then they need to either 1) stick to the rules they made and make them gamble box rewards, or 2) do a story mission / episode chain and advance the in-game calendar to the 31st century.

Why should KDF and Romulan characters be forced into using a ship which should be like all the original temporal ships and be a frigging lockbox?

It is not a Romulan / Reman ship, it is not a Klingon / Gorn / Nausicaan / Orion ship, it is a FEDERATION ship from the fracking future.

Because people caved in a bought those damn ugly looking ships you can now forget about getting anymore ships for Rom / KDF that aren't in a lockbox or Promo pack now, because they've got their 'metrics' which tell them they get more money for non-fed stuff putting them into gamble boxes.

Are you saying that cryptic and PWE should lose money in order to produce ships for the KDF and Romulans?
    Are you aware that it is the income from the largest faction (federation) which keeps the game afloat?
    Stop being selfish already.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User

Which looks nothing like any Federation ship from the present. And that future Federation does include the Klingons and probably most of the other species we're familiar with.

It could just as well be completely alien. Or it could be a ship from a future where the Klingons conquered the Federation.

It's simply an alien ship for every faction. Kinda like lockbox ships. Except in the C-Store.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    Another one of these "federation has all the toys KDF and ROM get nothing" threads.

well op though your heart is in the right place and your intent is well and good, but uhm take a look at the most recent expansion AoY theres is no KDF or Rom content its all federation based with more to come.

Cryptic is super biased when it concerns the KDF and Romulans, and this fact wont change anytime soon and though they both need alot of TLC it wont happen anytime soon or at all.
  • Options
    alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    To OP: Don't let those discourage you for the simple successful attempt to make it known that there is right here and now a desire for more KDF and Rom stuff.

This act of trying to reach out to Cryptic & PWE right here is in no way selfish, illogical, pointless, or somehow wrong or harmful to the state of STO as a whole.

When you play a Rom/KDF, when you buy/grind a Rom/KDF specific in-game item, or even select something free that's unique to those factions, it's a vote for Rom/KDF and all of STO.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    questerius wrote: »

Are you saying that cryptic and PWE should lose money in order to produce ships for the KDF and Romulans?
    Are you aware that it is the income from the largest faction (federation) which keeps the game afloat?
    Stop being selfish already.
    Cryptic should sell everything to everyone no faction restrictions. Then they could produce ships for the KDF and Romulans and not lose money.

Because of course a ship lose money if you only let 15% of your customers to buy it.
  • Options
    thevampinatorthevampinator Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    Well I do think they need to add more outfits for the romulan faction. They could add all the tal shiar outfits and rankings in the zen store. So those that want to have the talshiar feel can buy it I would buy that. I do feel they could add more outfits for the romulans and klingons and they do need to add trophy room for romulan faction on their ships. Also would not hurt to have a scimiter full interior as well. Would like to see this and also a full kelvin connie interior.
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    Also would not hurt to have a scimiter full interior as well. Would like to see this and also a full kelvin connie interior.
    TBH, I see the exact opposite of this happening.

-Cryptic really hasn't talked about doing stuff with ship interiors since like 2011/2012.
    -They stopped adding enemy kill/starship/PVE queues trophies after like season 5-6, back in 2011/2012.
    -All Romulan ships lack a full interior, and basically all cross faction ships lack anything but a bridge.
    -Everything we can do via the interiors can be accessed via the doffing screen anyways.

TBH, I wouldn't be surprised if they just disable or remove ship interiors(sans the bridge OFC) from all ships in some future update.

At this point, even if they dedicated a full expansion to bridge interiors, they still wouldn't be able to catch up, and there is really nothing they can do with them that couldn't be handled via the crafting/doff/admiralty system anyways.

I think we really just need to accept the fact bridge interiors need to go as a whole.

Agents of Yesterday introduced a new interior, but it was an alteration of the interior from the TOS Bundle with a couple of new rooms. The last completely new interior was the Voyager interior at the end of 2014. Both interiors were featured in a mission. So if Cryptic creates a new ship interior for a mission, then there is a good chance that it would become available for our ships.
  • Options
    Actually... we DO have a mission set inside Jarok's ship the Lleisset. But we can't just yank that.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    freightstopperfreightstopper Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    starkaos wrote: »
    Agents of Yesterday introduced a new interior, but it was an alteration of the interior from the TOS Bundle with a couple of new rooms. The last completely new interior was the Voyager interior at the end of 2014. Both interiors were featured in a mission. So if Cryptic creates a new ship interior for a mission, then there is a good chance that it would become available for our ships.

There was a new bridge and ship interior done for the Scimitar line in a Delta episode, when a thread turned up asking when it was going to be available to players the thread got locked with the 'official Dev response' "being we didn't make it for you guys".

Exact same thing happened with the Tholian ship interior.

The Romulans do have a rather nice ship interior, but they've got ONE bridge, which doesn't feel right once you get into the bigger ships.

The problem is that apparently "ship interiors don't sell", so they don't get made, which means they don't sell any...
    Same excuses we get for no KDF / Romulan ships while the Feds get even more ships.
  • Options
    Point is people didn't buy enough bridge packs for them to bother making more. The Voy interior only got made because the devs felt like it. The Scimitar and Tholian interiors aren't actually complete enough to be decent.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    It's inside your ship, so yeah it is related to interiors. You're just quibbling about semantics... again.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    thevampinatorthevampinator Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Thing is I do think if they hire enough devs they could easy make new bridges/outfits/ships/interiors/ground maps/etc for the other factions. The healthy thing to do is make content for all. This creates balance and would get people playing feds/kdfs/romulans in a more equal standing. This would also increase the player base because they will get pvpers back if they balance everything and also balance out the factions to where all three are liked and have benfits other factions can't have. Heres what they have to do. Federation has more ship choices but they need a nerf in ec gain have a 25 percent tax on all items sold in stores and on exchange if you sel a key for 5 mill you will only get 4.7 mill from that. Kdf/romulans don't have this weakness. Feds should have a weakness where is ec is taxed and they only get half as much dil as a weekness. So basically a 50 precent nerf for feds in getting dil and also a 25 precent tax on all sells reason why is discourage everyone from playing fed.
    Kdf could get 50 more dil for all content as a bonus. Then Romulans, they make where they are like the neutral third party and can access both Earth and Kronos can get extra ec and can make 25 precent more ec then the other factions. Can use either factions ships up to tier five. Romulans can also be part of a kdf and federation fleet at the same time. They need to equilibrium each of the factions to be where they have equal population. They need to start making a lot more ships for kdf and romulan faction that people will be willing to use and buy. If they give garbage players won't buy. Simple as that. Once they equal out the factions they make at a certain point where they all merge together. Then players from kdf or feds can go to each others bases or if they have tier four of diplomacy/piracy they can go to earth if klingon and kronos if federation.
  • Options
    thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    To OP: Don't let those discourage you for the simple successful attempt to make it known that there is right here and now a desire for more KDF and Rom stuff.

This act of trying to reach out to Cryptic & PWE right here is in no way selfish, illogical, pointless, or somehow wrong or harmful to the state of STO as a whole.

When you play a Rom/KDF, when you buy/grind a Rom/KDF specific in-game item, or even select something free that's unique to those factions, it's a vote for Rom/KDF and all of STO.

QFT, this is.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.