test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[@CRYPTIC][An open letter]Romulan and Klingon Faction:

Comments

• Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,528 Arc User
    Nope, claiming that if there were a few more KDF episodes the factions would somehow reach parity is just not believable.

The heroes of TV and movies are all feddies. The villains are Klingons, Romulans, and Khan. Most people want to be the hero.

I have 6 KDF + Romulan alts but I'm not going to delude myself that "if only KDF had more ships, KDF players would double!" because most people want to be Kirk, Picard, Sisko, Janeway, or even Archer.
  • Options
    nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    kjfett wrote: »
    kiksken wrote: »
    While there are more ships...
    A typical Fed reaction, selfish to a new level.
    "Oh, I am in the main faction, others need nothing".
    While in fact, the opposite is very true.
    Ships, primarily, clothing sets, things like that.
    I am NOT asking for story content, since that, indeed, would be both silly and stupid.
    As Sir Kjfett said, Roms become either Fed or KDF.
    And I am not selfish enough to ask for that, either.
    However, both Roms and Klinks can use love and some devotion to their cause.

Selfish? I asked what, aside from ships, you were referring to as you did not explain yourself in your initial post. There is nothing selfish about that. You create this grand post and even send in a ticket about it, yet you failed to actually make actionable demands that they can address.

You'll notice that the feds you look down on are in fact very specific. They want a T6 Nova. They want a T6 Sovereign. They even discuss wanting them to have pilot specializations. That's the kind of stuff that a dev is going to want to see.

Just telling them to give KDF more love and devotion means nothing.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1187380/syndicate-science-support-vessel-2-pack

oh and I've been asking for a t6 vo'quv for since delta... there have been requests for t6 Hegh'ta, Kar'Fi, Vor'cha, even Varanus. and thats just off the top of my head.

kdf has more then made it clear what we want. but you can lead a horse to water...

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • Options
    kikskenkiksken Member Posts: 664 Arc User
    I am NOT asking for story content, since that, indeed, would be both silly and stupid.

Selfish? I asked what, aside from ships, you were referring to as you did not explain yourself in your initial post. There is nothing selfish about that. You create this grand post and even send in a ticket about it, yet you failed to actually make actionable demands that they can address.

You'll notice that the feds you look down on are in fact very specific. They want a T6 Nova. They want a T6 Sovereign. They even discuss wanting them to have pilot specializations. That's the kind of stuff that a dev is going to want to see.

"My apologies, you are right, I misread the first line.
    I hope you can forgive this.
    I read, basically, that there are not more ships needed for Rom and KDF, since these are second grade factions.
    Sorry about this.

Thing is, I see similar lines often as reaction from other players, and I find that very rude.

As for demands: Ships, clothing packs, Foundry, body/hair options, things like that.
    I do not want more Rom/KDF specified story, that would be silly.

As for not being addressed, I did in the 2nd post of me.
    These have the four main points allover the post scattered, brother.
    Nope, claiming that if there were a few more KDF episodes the factions would somehow reach parity is just not believable.

The heroes of TV and movies are all feddies. The villains are Klingons, Romulans, and Khan. Most people want to be the hero.

I have 6 KDF + Romulan alts but I'm not going to delude myself that "if only KDF had more ships, KDF players would double!" because most people want to be Kirk, Picard, Sisko, Janeway, or even Archer.
    Picard, that I can understand, the rest?
    Not.
    Aside, that's not right, folks avoid the two factions because it are half done factions.
    For your information, there IS life outside your precious Federation.
    Klingons don't get drunk.
    They just get less sober.
  • Options
    snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    nightken wrote: »
    and thats not covering the totally absence of science ships for kdk/rom

Isn't the Eternal, the Temporal Multi Mission science vessel, a science ship for KDF, Rom and Fed? So the count would at least be 1?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options

Isn't the Eternal, the Temporal Multi Mission science vessel, a science ship for KDF, Rom and Fed? So the count would at least be 1?

No, it does not count for me any more than a lock box or event ship.

I'd like my Romulan and KDF captains to fly real faction ships, not "future federation that includes all factions" ships.
  • Options

no because it is very clearly based on the federation time ships loook at the aoen then look at the 31c ships. now if they had bothered to at least throw together a half***ed skin each for kdf and romulan I'ld say better then nothing. but they didn't. with the fact AoY lauched zero c-store kdf or rom ships I'm not willing to cut them any slack. hell if they had put the 31c ship on hold and made some kdf and romulan ships, then released the 31c ships later I'ld be saying they are a good thing. context matters.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • Options
    qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited September 2016

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1187380/syndicate-science-support-vessel-2-pack

oh and I've been asking for a t6 vo'quv for since delta... there have been requests for t6 Hegh'ta, Kar'Fi, Vor'cha, even Varanus. and thats just off the top of my head.

kdf has more then made it clear what we want. but you can lead a horse to water...

Looking at the C-Store ship releases, they have only put out either single Fed ships or cross-faction bundles, we haven't seen a stand-alone release for Non-Feds in a long time. My guess is that it will stay that way. So if anyone wants that T6 Vo'quv or Vor'cha, they need to come up with Fed (and Romulan) ships to combine them with.

Oh, and I counted my chars and to what factions they belong:

FED (8 Total): 1 TOS, 2 Romulans, 5 Vanilla

KDF (6 Total): 2 Romulans, 1 Orion, 1 Gorn, 2 Klingons

:D
  • Options
    Sorry little buddy. No amount of letters open, closed, or otherwise will ever change the state of the games factions. People have been sad and vocal about it for years and it falls on deaf ears. Cryptic has an very small, very tight budget as evidenced by many things including all of the missing T6 ships. They really have to pick their projects.
    Think about this, for the 50th anni, they presented a huge group photo of people. Who were those people? PWE staff. They really dont want to highlight how small of a team is working on STO but my estimate is currently less than 20. They don't code in house either. The console release is truly an unmitigated disaster that clearly had almost no QA done on it before it went live. Another indicator of STO team's struggles.
  • Options
    nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
    In the interests of more ways to have non-Fed fun and a less frustrating pool of admiralty ship choices I'd LIKE to see the Star Republic and KDF get 2 more t6 Intel ships to fill out the 3:1:1 ratio of the initial release in Delta Rising. I'd like for the KDF to introduce a T6 carrier (Romulans got one via the KT lock box - not ideal but at least it exists) and for the Republic to get a T6 raider for similar reasons.

I personally don't find the discrepancies awful, but they are there, and Cryptic could move towards 'opportunity parity' with a few precisely targeted offerings.

I'd also like to see a new "mini faction" on par with the first few missions offered AoY captains with a new tutorial for either Gorn or Orion captains, just to give a little cultural insight. Maybe not the whole treatment with unique UI, but their own tutorial. AoY created a template that could be iterated on to bring a LOT to the game's front end while still using the all roads lead to unity endgame.
  • Options
    nikeix wrote: »
    In the interests of more ways to have non-Fed fun and a less frustrating pool of admiralty ship choices I'd LIKE to see the Star Republic and KDF get 2 more t6 Intel ships to fill out the 3:1:1 ratio of the initial release in Delta Rising. I'd like for the KDF to introduce a T6 carrier (Romulans got one via the KT lock box - not ideal but at least it exists) and for the Republic to get a T6 raider for similar reasons.

I personally don't find the discrepancies awful, but they are there, and Cryptic could move towards 'opportunity parity' with a few precisely targeted offerings.

I'd also like to see a new "mini faction" on par with the first few missions offered AoY captains with a new tutorial for either Gorn or Orion captains, just to give a little cultural insight. Maybe not the whole treatment with unique UI, but their own tutorial. AoY created a template that could be iterated on to bring a LOT to the game's front end while still using the all roads lead to unity endgame.

I say they don't even need to go that far back. a full temporal ship, you know what make it science ship get that out the way, each. a carrier each. then yeah some version of a kdf sub faction don't have to put the same kind of love into it but at least try. then don't do like AoY ever again, make at least a token effort.

• Options
    Somtaawkwar or whatever your name is, don't take my word for it. Go look at bug report forum, reddit, facebook. There are a ton of major bugs.
    And come on dude, "Most people I know" how many is that? Is that sample size really significant? Do you and these two people talk at length about STO console bugs? FFS
  • Options
    trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    Heh, if you want to prove to the devs that you want KDf sci ships, fly 31c ships on your KDf :p

Yep plus I am hoping we will eventually see some possible lost designs on D7 and b'rel class ships with the upcoming fleet holding that are a hybrid to purchase of klingon/romulan collaboration from that era. After the Klingon Romulan alliance was broken such plans maybe the only ones left with that new holding lol.
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User

There might actually be your mistake already. You'Re listening 4 ships in one post.

On the Federation Side, you have enough fans that often multiple threads on just one single ship are made. But Klingons often only have their generic "I want a ship".

Problem #1 probably: Klingons have what - 5 canon ships? There are more Enterprises then there are Klingon canon vessels basically!
    Almost all of them already have an endgame version. The Vor'Cha is the only one still missing.
    Starfleet ship fans have a lot more canon ships - some of the uglier DS9 kitbashes aren't even in the game yet, and some ships don't have a T6 version yet.

Problem #2: There are obvious so many fans of one individual ships that these fans find it economical in the first place to make threads for individual ships. And they do it often.

But in the end, you aren't telling Cryptic anything they don't already know. Klingon players would like more Klingon ships. They knew that a few years ago already. But it the majority of players are still playing mostly Starfleet characters, it still means that Cryptic has the choice to spend the same amount of effort to reach a majority of players, or to reach a minority of players.

The only way you could hope to compensate that might be if you could turn all those KDF and RR players into big spenders, with a much higher percentage of them buying C-Store ships then Fed players. But what are the chances of that happening?
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options

There might actually be your mistake already. You'Re listening 4 ships in one post.

On the Federation Side, you have enough fans that often multiple threads on just one single ship are made. But Klingons often only have their generic "I want a ship".

Problem #1 probably: Klingons have what - 5 canon ships? There are more Enterprises then there are Klingon canon vessels basically!
    Almost all of them already have an endgame version. The Vor'Cha is the only one still missing.
    Starfleet ship fans have a lot more canon ships - some of the uglier DS9 kitbashes aren't even in the game yet, and some ships don't have a T6 version yet.

Problem #2: There are obvious so many fans of one individual ships that these fans find it economical in the first place to make threads for individual ships. And they do it often.

But in the end, you aren't telling Cryptic anything they don't already know. Klingon players would like more Klingon ships. They knew that a few years ago already. But it the majority of players are still playing mostly Starfleet characters, it still means that Cryptic has the choice to spend the same amount of effort to reach a majority of players, or to reach a minority of players.

The only way you could hope to compensate that might be if you could turn all those KDF and RR players into big spenders, with a much higher percentage of them buying C-Store ships then Fed players. But what are the chances of that happening?

except the reason kdf tends to have so many "generic" I want ships threada is because cryptic has proven they don't care want the kdf fanbase want than they get mad went things don't sell. and when it not that its which lack we needs filled now.

hell it take them so long to release a fleet guramba we got at t6. and it took them what a year after delta to release the kor, despite bird of preys the most iconic kdf ships after the d-7. that not covering the two years they didn't release any kdf because the Bortasqu didn't sell when it was very far from how battle crusiers normally work. thats not business sense that a 5 year hold holding their breath cause they didn't get their way. and the rare times, they do listen the release a bugged or outright inferior then the say oh x don't sell. no ****.

you can't poison the well then complain it's bitter when you try to take a drink.

and the kdf fanbase has tried to work with them again and again. what do we get? at best silence and more of the same. you can't meet someone half way if they aren't willing to do the same.

• Options
    edited September 2016

I'd like my Romulan and KDF captains to fly real faction ships, not "future federation that includes all factions" ships.

Ah, ok. That makes a lot more sense now. KDF and Romulans have zero Science ships, except the one they do have, which is easily available in the C-Store, is based on a canon episode of one of the shows that adds the backstory element that both factions were part of a larger grouping that the show says is Federation and that Cryptic has called a Galactic Union. And, oddly enough is one of the more powerful and effective science ships out there in terms of stats, seating and build potential.

Good luck with your crusade, but for folks who want to fly a great Science Ship on their Klingon, I highly recommend buying the Eternal. For zen. From the C-Store. It's easy peasy and is really good at science.

Much like the episode counting bias, this really boils down to Cryptic solving the science ship dilemma with a faction neutral offering, allowing them to maximize profits and still address a hole in their ship offerings. But because it's not JUST a Romulan or JUST a Klingon ship, just like it's not JUST a Klingon specific mission, it doesn't work.

I get it. Some of you don't like faction neutral.

But your count is still wrong. There is one, not zero, one science ship readily available to all Romulans and Klingons. And it's a really good one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options

Ah, ok. That makes a lot more sense now. KDF and Romulans have zero Science ships, except the one they do have, which is easily available in the C-Store, is based on a canon episode of one of the shows that adds the backstory element that both factions were part of a larger grouping that the show says is Federation and that Cryptic has called a Galactic Union. And, oddly enough is one of the more powerful and effective science ships out there in terms of stats, seating and build potential.

Good luck with your crusade, but for folks who want to fly a great Science Ship on their Klingon, I highly recommend buying the Eternal. For zen. From the C-Store. It's easy peasy and is really good at science.

Much like the episode counting bias, this really boils down to Cryptic solving the science ship dilemma with a faction neutral offering, allowing them to maximize profits and still address a hole in their ship offerings. But because it's not JUST a Romulan or JUST a Klingon ship, just like it's not JUST a Klingon specific mission, it doesn't work.

I get it. Some of you don't like faction neutral.

But your count is still wrong. There is one, not zero, one science ship readily available to all Romulans and Klingons. And it's a really good one.

It's available, but it doesn't LOOK like a faction ship. It doesn't even look as much like a faction ship as those ugly squished and pointy Fed temporal ships.

"Space Barbie is the real endgame."

I'm fine with cross-faction ship packs, I own the escort and battle cruiser bundles (and the Delta pack). I'm much less happy with generic shared ships that don't quite look like they belong to any faction at all.
  • Options
    I'm much less happy with generic shared ships that don't quite look like they belong to any faction at all.
    That's because they DON'T belong to any faction, or more precisely, any faction in-game currently.

They belong to a future faction made up of all the current factions.

You are literally complaining that they look exactly like they should.

No, I'm saying that I don't want to fly them because they look exactly like they should.

I want my Klingons to fly ships that look KDF (Klingon, Gorn). I don't care if they have almost the same specs as a fed ship they are sold in a bundle with, as long a they get the look right.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User

I count it because it's an account-wide z-store unlock.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User

Picard, that I can understand, the rest?
    Not.
    Aside, that's not right, folks avoid the two factions because it are half done factions.
    For your information, there IS life outside your precious Federation.

Everyone has their favorite captain and that is not always Picard. A lot of it has to deal with which Star Trek series made them a fan of Star Trek.
    101127.jpg
  • Options
    horridpersonhorridperson Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    Numerical parity is a very dishonest way to address the state of the factions. Anyone who has played the 3 faction storylines recently can attest to this with authority; Ugly is better birth control than prophylactics.
    battlegroupad_zps8gon3ojt.jpg

• Options
    bonzodog01bonzodog01 Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    One of the shining examples of how much Romulans have been left in the dark is the free levelling ships - There is just ONE ship per tier made available freely upto T5. Go fed or KDF, and that number becomes 4. Romulan players are forced to accept what they are given, or spend Zen to get something slightly better, but still the same class and type as the free one.

Oh, and forget Tac escort ships, they don't exist at all. On any tier. What ships there are on offer are battle cruisers mostly.

The KDF and feds get to be able to buy multiple models of Shuttle. The Romulans have TWO.

There is just one single ship interior for all Romulan vessels as well.

There is almost no Romulan costumes available, apart from the Tal Shiar stuff.

So, even the KDF players are better off than the Romulans right now. The easiest way to solve this would be to enable Romulans to get the ships from their chosen main alliance after level 10.
    XBox One - NFV Rylon - T6 Kolasi Siege Destroyer
    British Imperial Armada
  • Options
    I want my Klingons to fly ships that look KDF (Klingon, Gorn).

But not Nausicaan or Orion?

Seems a bit limiting.

But look, I would love for them to create a T6 Varanus. That'd be awesome.

I just dispute your count of zero science ships. That's all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    bonzodog01 wrote: »
    One of the shining examples of how much Romulans have been left in the dark is the free levelling ships - There is just ONE ship per tier made available freely upto T5. Go fed or KDF, and that number becomes 4. Romulan players are forced to accept what they are given, or spend Zen to get something slightly better, but still the same class and type as the free one.

Oh, and forget Tac escort ships, they don't exist at all. On any tier. What ships there are on offer are battle cruisers mostly.

The KDF and feds get to be able to buy multiple models of Shuttle. The Romulans have TWO.

There is just one single ship interior for all Romulan vessels as well.

There is almost no Romulan costumes available, apart from the Tal Shiar stuff.

So, even the KDF players are better off than the Romulans right now. The easiest way to solve this would be to enable Romulans to get the ships from their chosen main alliance after level 10.

At least it is better than the TOS Starfleet micro-faction. One free Tier 1 23rd Century ship and the rest are C-Store ships or requires winning the R&D Promotion Event and are available to every Fed character.
  • Options
    I want my Klingons to fly ships that look KDF (Klingon, Gorn).
    But not Nausicaan or Orion?

Seems a bit limiting.
    ^This

Damn racists, not seeing the true value of the Orions and Nausicaan's forces in the Empire.

We need Reman and Lethean ships. There is almost nothing known about Letheans except for the fact that they are telepathic mercenaries and have appeared in a few missions.