Install Arc
Options

Your Captains Morality

Comments

• Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    Vulcans Survive , New Romulans Perish
    jonsills wrote: »
    My captain rejects the premise of this question. Like Kirk before him, he does not believe in the no-win scenario.​​

Its not a no win scenario its a choice , if your captain was put into a circumstance where no matter which he/she chooses the other species dies, which choice would they make which species would they choose to live and which to die.
  • Options
    jade1280 wrote: »
    A glorious war would be ideal but this thread makes it sound like an honorless extermination.

its whatever you wish you the participant cna head canon any circumstance you wish even a war.\

Ultimatley its a choice of which species dies which survives by the choice of one individual your captain.
  • Options
    Ok, Mr. Washee Washee dies and Peter gets his laundry.​​

Ok i can deal with that aslong as i get my laundry done at half the cost xD
  • Options
    Weel you can, couldn't get the skid marks out of those pants, Borg really scared you this time, huh?​​

Pfft the borg hahahahaha...and ha again

It was the pakled dreadnaught i had to make it go then find red paint so it could go faster ....now all my uniforms have red paint all over them :/
  • Options

LOL i relised it crash but since most dont want to play along , i decided to help derail this sucka :)
  • Options
    freightstopperfreightstopper Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    Didn't vote as there is no option for "none", also there is no option for "all", just pointing that out for fairness.

If you get into a position where you HAVE to sacrifice someone or something to complete your goal, whatever that maybe, then you really scr3wed up somewhere along the line.
  • Options
    kikskenkiksken Member Posts: 664 Arc User
    Two suns are about to explode, millions of lightyears away.
    You happen to be the only captain, since the rest died in that other topic.
    You can ONLY save ONE species.
    Which will it be, Frightened stopper?
    Klingons don't get drunk.
    They just get less sober.
  • Options
    Actually, this is a funny one, and it seems no one got it.
    If you save one species, ALL OTHERS will die.

Muaahahahahahah. :P
  • Options
    Sorry, this captain has a bad hair day.
  • Options
    gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    My captain rejects the premise of this question. Like Kirk before him, he does not believe in the no-win scenario.​​

Jonsills nailed it on the head.

the "morality" of the question isn't any different depending on who is chosen to survive, becuase someone still had to perish, and everyone has the same right to live.

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,665 Arc User
    None of them.

Remember, in Operation Annihilate! Kirk, for awhile, though he was going to have to scrag the colony on Deneb, yet an alternative did happen. To me, there's other ways. Like the fourth Doctor said to Leela, "Answers are easy, it's asking the right questions that are hard."
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,665 Arc User
    jade1280 wrote: »
    A glorious war would be ideal but this thread makes it sound like an honorless extermination.

Like Yoda said, "wars does not make one great."
    But, yes, this is akin to that smeggin' extermination thread. >_>
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    kiksken wrote: »
    Two suns are about to explode, millions of lightyears away.
    You happen to be the only captain, since the rest died in that other topic.
    You can ONLY save ONE species.
    Which will it be, Frightened stopper?

In that case I choose my Nausicaan in his carrier, he goes to one star while his 4x BoP go to the other.

Dumb question is dumb no matter how hard you work on dressing it up.

Also, in my case the answer would depend on which one of my characters captains is doing the answering, as for me personally, I'll choose the Klingons over the Humans every time hands down.
    Reason?
    Humans suck. They kill each other because they can, they destroy stuff because they can, they don't bother fixing the mess they cause in favor of more money (even if they know that it'll cause problems / kill their offspring), they kill others (read as ALL other lifeforms on this rock) because they can.
    The 'do unto others as you wish done unto you' is the most heavily violated commandment in existence.

The Klingons however only hunt animals for food and they also use the carcass for clothing, accessorizes and trophies.
    If they attack you it is because you have something they want, they consider you as someone who will give them a good fight, or you p1ss3d them off and you deserve whatever you get, along with the daft idiots who try to shelter you.

Finally, the name is FREIGHT, as in cargo, STOPPER, as in pirate, outlaw, raider.
  • Options
    Oh, I like that one, I do, Stopper.
    Part two that is.
    Humans are impossible.

As for part one, you only got one ship... the other is parked, sadly, in the Mirror Universe, and your wife has lost the key.
    So, that 4xBoP... not here.

There can always be a moment in which you HAVE to choose, or lose both.
  • Options
    redvengeredvenge Member Posts: 1,425 Arc User
    Breen Perish , The founders survive (Note: The founders as the core species of the dominion , not the dominion itself which consists of multiple species)
    Humans suck. They kill each other because they can, they destroy stuff because they can, they don't bother fixing the mess they cause in favor of more money (even if they know that it'll cause problems / kill their offspring), they kill others (read as ALL other lifeforms on this rock) because they can.
    The 'do unto others as you wish done unto you' is the most heavily violated commandment in existence.

The Klingons however only hunt animals for food and they also use the carcass for clothing, accessorizes and trophies.
    If they attack you it is because you have something they want, they consider you as someone who will give them a good fight, or you p1ss3d them off and you deserve whatever you get, along with the daft idiots who try to shelter you.
    So, you use a fictional race, one that is painfully two dimensional, to compare to an actual REAL race, one that has had to struggle to overcome ACTUAL adversity?

Any writer can create "the perfect race" with a few words on a page. What makes Star Trek compelling is how mankind has overcome it's shortcomings. Almost every other work of fiction flagellates our species. The best Trek uplifts it.
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    (...)

If they attack you it is because you have something they want, they consider you as someone who will give them a good fight, or you p1ss3d them off and you deserve whatever you get, along with the daft idiots who try to shelter you. (...)

That's bollocks.

You think the Klingon Empire crumbled in decay and corruption pre and post the exploitation of Praxis because they all were such nice Klingons, doing their honourable stereotype Klingon things, being one with the universe? That the great houses are always in struggle against each other because of good sport?

You should get some perspective. Large parts of Star Trek showed that the Klingon honour concept is nothing but folklore, exceptions we know of are few but Klingons, realistically, would be as diverse as humans and capable of pretty much anything on both sides of the spectrum.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    gawainviiigawainviii Member Posts: 328 Arc User
    New Romulans Perish , Vulcans Survive
    New Romulans Perish, Star Empire Survives.

Therefore, UFP hegemony is ended, and the balance of power in the galaxy is restored.

This. Yes, absolutely!
    newstosiggy.png
  • Options
    redvenge wrote: »

So, you use a fictional race, one that is painfully two dimensional, to compare to an actual REAL race, one that has had to struggle to overcome ACTUAL adversity?

Any writer can create "the perfect race" with a few words on a page. What makes Star Trek compelling is how mankind has overcome it's shortcomings. Almost every other work of fiction flagellates our species. The best Trek uplifts it.
    Well, adversity, that HUMANS created.
    Look at the other life forms on the planet, they all have a common enemy, us.
    THEY do not have all that adversity at all, do they, save for, of course, with us.
    THEY don't have all those issues...
    But we do... hmmm, how does that come to be...
    Are we in fact superior over those other life forms?
    Sure, we can build and invent, but that led to more misery than anything else...
    Just mentioning...
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    none perish, all survive

there is ALWAYS a third option in any situation - people just don't bother to look hard enough for it​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    solarwraithsolarwraith Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    bernatk wrote: »
    What would Janeway do? All perish?

Winning choice.
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,367 Arc User

THEY do not have all that adversity at all, do they, save for, of course, with us.
    You don't know all that much about biology or animal behaviors, do you? Or maybe you think that rival wolf packs use peaceful negotiations, that the humpback whales are just playing roughly with the orcas, that dolphins and sharks swim together happily when no one's watching, that ant populations hold antennae and sing "Kum-Ba-Ya", that when a new lion takes leadership of a pride he rejoices in adopting the children of his late foe...​​
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    angrytarg wrote: »
    That's bollocks.

You think the Klingon Empire crumbled in decay and corruption pre and post the exploitation of Praxis because they all were such nice Klingons, doing their honourable stereotype Klingon things, being one with the universe? That the great houses are always in struggle against each other because of good sport?

You should get some perspective. Large parts of Star Trek showed that the Klingon honour concept is nothing but folklore, exceptions we know of are few but Klingons, realistically, would be as diverse as humans and capable of pretty much anything on both sides of the spectrum.​​

We know nothing of the Klingon Empire after the Praxis explosion, the various series will refer to the Khitomer Accords regularly, but there is NOTHING ever mentioned about the evacuation plan mentioned in ST6, nothing mentioning if or how Qo'nos was restored.

It's as if the entire Praxis explosion never happened, except there is a nice asteroid belt around Qo'nos in-game with mining facilities on it.

I'm well aware that not all Klingon's are honorable, however those Klingon's are rare and have to be careful not to get caught. Either because their own crew will kill them or because their enemies will get to hunt them with official permission and endorsement.

As for horrible humans, throw a rock into a crowd and the odds of hitting a nice person are thousands to one but the odds of hitting someone horrible are pretty much guaranteed.

Would it be nice if all humans were nice people, absolutely.
    Will it ever happen?
    Take a good long look at Trump and his supporters.

Why not?

This is a GAME about humans growing to be better then what we are and embracing diversity whenever and wherever we find it.

You don't know all that much about biology or animal behaviors, do you? Or maybe you think that rival wolf packs use peaceful negotiations, that the humpback whales are just playing roughly with the orcas, that dolphins and sharks swim together happily when no one's watching, that ant populations hold antennae and sing "Kum-Ba-Ya", that when a new lion takes leadership of a pride he rejoices in adopting the children of his late foe...​​

You provide evidence of ANY animal species that hunts others for sport and I'll agree with you.

However the ONLY species to hunt for the thrill of it is humans.

Provide evidence of ANY animal species that deliberately tortures others and it's own because it can or enjoys it?

Go take a look at the 'witch hunt' methods, only if you're a fan of that Saw franchise though because Saw and it's spin-offs are tame compared to what the 'church sanctioned and approved' manual says.

Provide evidence of ANY animal species that deliberately destroys it's environment while KNOWING that it will cause problems later on and then IGNORING it until it cannot be fixed.

There was suggestions that we might be harming the environment back when the Steam age began and forests were cut down for fuel.
    Governments KNEW that industry was destroying the atmosphere or polluting the ground and water in the 1950s, yet they did nothing at all about it because it would cut into their profits.

Well now we don't have much of a choice except to start trying to fix things and STILL they refuse to because they don't want to be the ones that foot the bill.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Klingons Perish , Humans Survive
    uh, inherently flawed premise. it requires a sentient species to have a concept of environmental destruction. Though some seem to migrate to escape the consequences of their destructive behavior.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    uh, inherently flawed premise. it requires a sentient species to have a concept of environmental destruction. Though some seem to migrate to escape the consequences of their destructive behavior.

A sapient species. Every animal is sentient.

There would be enough examples, though, at least for the points aside from environmental destruction as freightstopper put it. But considering the argumentation up to this point, why should one provide those?​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    angrytarg wrote: »
    (...)

If they attack you it is because you have something they want, they consider you as someone who will give them a good fight, or you p1ss3d them off and you deserve whatever you get, along with the daft idiots who try to shelter you. (...)

That's bollocks.

But humans still suck... :P

Seriously, a wolf is a wolf.
    We humans are as dumb, apparently, thought we're "supposed" to be smarter.
    But see, the fact one can write and read, does not per se means he's intellectual.
    Just look at the ball we live on.
    What we do with it. See a wolf do that?

Or, thinking with emotion.
    I call this Emo-thinking, it makes as much sense as a chicken walking on the suns surface wearing a bikini.
    Logic seems to be non-existing.

Intellect, as i see it, is just the ability to live together peacefully, and in equilibrium with our surroundings.
    Twice a MASSIVE fail.
    And just these two abilities we should have learned as first, were we ACTUALLY intelligent.
  • Options
    kjfettkjfett Member Posts: 370 Arc User
    Ferengi Perish , Betazoids Survive
    the Ferengi and Bajorans clearly need to work on their image with the rest of the galaxy or they just might be left to the Iconians or Borg.
    kjfett_14091.jpg