test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Star Trek Online Available on Xbox One and PlayStation®4!

Comments

• captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    Finally got to download STO to Xbox One last night, but I wasn't able to reactivate my Xbox Live Gold because the garbage skow wouldn't remember the credit card info and it kept on looping to 'add a card'. Had to go down to buy the Xbox Gold card. Luckily that worked, but then I caught a bit of heck trying to link the Xbox account with the Arc account.

I ended up being too late for the 23rd Century pack.

Blasted Xbox Live.
  • wendysue53wendysue53 Member Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    Throwing this out there since no one seems to be addressing it: but you can link your PC to your XBox and use the XBox console/controls to run your PC games from the PC.

Don't ask me how to set it up, since I haven't done it. But I do know that XBox had a directory listing this. Perhaps a more techie XBox fan can go into the specifics - or better yet, you can look it up if you own the XBox.

You're still playing on the PC, however. You just get the controls of the console.

It may be as complicated as trying to use the early Playstation harddrives, though, or as easy as using a USB drive.

Don't know.
    I don't want anyone to get confused by this.

You're not getting the XBox or PS4 games versions. You're useing the same PC game you have always been - just with a XBox controller instead of a keyboard.
    of course, common sense says that you could just go to the store and by a PC controller. but hey, whatever, right?
  • bigblackafricabigblackafrica Member Posts: 151 Arc User
    garylj wrote: »
    > bigblackafrica wrote: »
    >
    > This launch is not for us, people. The intention is to open up STO to console players, not to have migration from PC. I'm sure Cryptic/PWE will be more than happy for you to buy stuff you already own on PC all over again, but people who already play STO on PC are not the target market for this launch.
    >
    > The Devs would probably appreciate some veteran players jumping on console for the first few weeks to help new players learn the ropes and build a community, but you're much better off staying with your existing account and all you've already earned. I guess if your TV is a lot bigger than your monitor and/or your PC is old and crappy you might be tempted to play on console, but if you own a lifetime sub and some of the larger expansion packs you might be better off building a new rig.
    >
    > I'm just excited that the console launch means I should be getting shiny new graphics. Hopefully with Thursday's patch.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I Agree the console is intended for New players. But We veteran plays should have some incentive to join up even if only casual. Character slots we have bought, Races we have unlocked. Account bank slots. Energy cap increased, etc.

I may be a rare breed here: but I am a LTS who would prefer to play this game on my console. So actually it is for me (I dont think I'm unique either). I rarely play this on my PC so everytime I do play it, I have to begin a new in order to understajnd some of the changes with the game. I can play the console version more consistently though, I think having my LTS perks would make my experience a lot better though.

Well, I suppose you're going to have to buy all that stuff again. Which sucks, but that's the way it is. Neverwinter is the same way, and they told us this was going to be the case. It sucks that players who choose to switch to console will lose their purchases, but nobody is forcing you to switch platforms.

This release has always been about gaining access to the wallets of people who only play games on console. As I said in the previously quoted post, Cryptic/PWE will be happy to take more of your money, but this is about access to new customers. It was never about making it possible for existing players to transition to a new platform.
  • alduin303alduin303 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    Can someone please let me know how to make a fleet? Because the button is greyed out in my menu for some reason :/
    (Xbone)
    Thanks in advance
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,818 Arc User
    alduin303 wrote: »
    Can someone please let me know how to make a fleet? Because the button is greyed out in my menu for some reason :/
    (Xbone)
    Thanks in advance

You need to have 5 people to make a fleet, in a team, and the one member who talks to the Fleet contact will be the highest randing person.
    The Fleet Holdings System isn't ready for console yet. It's the first bullet under the "exciting updates yet to come" portion of the Console Differences announcement.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10142423-star-trek-online-console-differences
    edited September 2016
    Here is all the information on Fleets (excluding any console info):

http://sto.gamepedia.com/Fleet
  • denizen70#4310 denizen70 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    enjoying the game very much on console much more so then pc . only wish is theyd fix the zoom bug , sector space is abysmal .
    other then that if i payed a life time sub on pc for pc i wouldn't expect it to transfer , and visa versa once i buy the life time on ps4 . no reason pc players should have an gripe , understandably youve put a good bit of time and money into it but let new or returning players enjoy a fresh start
    Hi, so for some reason my friends can invite me to teams using their friend list but when I go there it won't even give me that option. Just says : view profile, send message, report player
    :/
    Someone help :/
    (Xbone)
    Hi, so for some reason my friends can invite me to teams using their friend list but when I go there it won't even give me that option. Just says : view profile, send message, report player
    :/
    Someone help :/
    (Xbone)

Just accept their invites to team, until you get to a higher level. There are a number of things that could cause this, but for now don't worry about it too much. Join their team and have fun! :)

I know that wasn't really helpful, but unless the issue persists in your higher ranks, you should be able to continue playing without too much difficulty. Someone else just has to be incharge to set up the teams is all. My question would be what level/faction are you and your friend?

If you're trying to cross-faction a mission, that can be tough. It can be done, but it is a pain to set up. do it just like a regular invite, only the cross-factioned person will not get any of the mission benefits other than basic xp/skill points/drops.

• kylancelo#5623 kylancelo Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I just love how I set up my account to send me e-mail updates and I didn't get an e-mail telling me the game is available.
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    I have a dumb question since I can't find it anywhere. Is the doff system in the console version? I've gotten even past the R&D level, and can't find where to go to get to them.
    Wendysue I am the high level :/
    I'm a 41 atm and my friends are less than 10
    I first tried it at around 30 and it didn't work
    :/ maybe I'm doing something wrong but they told me exactly what they did and I copied it but the option just wasn't there
    edited September 2016
    Wendysue I am the high level :/
    I'm a 41 atm and my friends are less than 10
    I first tried it at around 30 and it didn't work
    :/ maybe I'm doing something wrong but they told me exactly what they did and I copied it but the option just wasn't there

They can invite you when they are level 10? Then the problem is that you may be trying to invite them to areas they are not able to enter yet.

Look to make sure you are not trying to invite them to any zones that you have to be over level 10.

One method of inviting to a team is to right-click their name on the chat window. If you can invite them to your team - and if you are in an area too high for them, it may not let you from that location, so try it at Spacedock - then the 'Invite to Team' option will show up on your selection list. Note: you may have to wait a moment for the invite option to show up. Count to 5 and if it the selection list doesn't change and give you the option, then you'll have to find another way to do team invites. As said earlier, you may just have to be invited by them. :/
  • rekurzionrekurzion Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    cannot get used to these controls. can't tell if i've playing on the keyboard too long or the UI isn't so user friendly.
  • cybertronianjazzcybertronianjazz Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    The All Faction Bundle across PlayStation 4 and Xbox One is broken, please wait until the game has been patched, the ships included in the packs do not get added to Your Ingame C-Store nor do they get added to Ingame Shipyard, they simply have the packs claim once and then they change status to purchased, you get titles, costume sets and vanity pets, however the starships do not become available, if You try and buy these bundles You will not be able to claim any starships. in fact the ingame store will ask you to pay the full amounts for these ships even if you claim the specific pack like Federation pack, Romulan pack and Klingon Pack, You will still find You are unable to claim these packs, upon going to ingame game masters who were told I have played star trek online since beta and for the past 6 years he ignored the fact and said that my characters levelled between Lieutenant 1-6 could not claim any of the federation pack ships, however if he had bothered to read the details he would have realised NX Class Replica and Delta Flyer Shuttle are available from Lieutenant 1. so please if you do have this problem on both of the platforms please reply to this post with your comments. the game developers need to be made aware of the issue.
    lucho80 wrote: »
    I have a dumb question since I can't find it anywhere. Is the doff system in the console version? I've gotten even past the R&D level, and can't find where to go to get to them.

The Doff, R&D, and Admiralty systems haven't been released for console yet. They may or may not come before the Fleet system as it is all "Coming Soon".

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10142423-star-trek-online-console-differences
  • furiousfred77furiousfred77 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    Even if they don't want to support cross play severs I can get that. I can understand how hard that would be for the console players to catch up. But to be honest they should have account synchronization. Give me my LTS and my z-store purchases on the consoles. This can be done without cross play and it is a good thing for STO. For example my friends stopped playing STO and because they stopped I don't play as much some times going months without playing that means I am going months of not buying things in the z-store. Now when I do play I still don't want to buy much in the z-store because I am not playing as much. However now that it is on console I have a new group of friends to play with. Why should I have to purchase LTS and all the ships I already paid for again? Nothing makes you feel more ripped off than what I am describing. Aren't I valuable as a returning player even if it is on the console? So now instead of playing with my friends and telling them how fun STO can be I am telling them I feel ripped off and won't play...Now they hear my story and it makes them not want to play...because why give money to a company that cheated my friend? Account synchronization is not a new concept. Smite did this for both consoles and it worked out really well. PLEASE DEV'S MAKE THIS HAPPEN LET ME LEVEL NEW CAPTAINS WITH MY FRIENDS!!!
    Having trouble matching the level of people I'm in a group with.. Help :/
    Having trouble matching the level of people I'm in a group with.. Help :/

Hmm. Is this what happened? just a minute. Trying to recall how to do this. Since I don't do it very often, I'm a little rusty.
    Alright, let's see if I get this correct:

1. He needs to invite you to his lower level team, with him set as the team leader.
    2. There is a button on the party list (top left) "match squad leader's level" - you need to click it.
    3. You should now be at his level. Look to the top left of the screen, you should see your level followed by the lower level you're playing at. Your weapons/skills/etc will be really powerful, so get ready for some power play. :)

You can also do this in reverse (with you as team leader inviting him to the team) to bring him into higher leveled areas. However, he will likely die right quick until he has better equipment/skills/items/etc., so wouldn't recommend it, unless you want to help him gain greater xp (and level quicker) from the higher level kills, etc. Best to just run him through his own storyarc first.

Point: you MUST stay close to him when moving from zone to zone in space or else the level-scaling may revert and you'll either have to redo it or set the team back up again. Don't think it does this on the ground, but it might, so stay near your teammate(s).

As one person put it: "Whatever you do make sure the scaling is on before entering any mission or otherwise things won't scale and will go horribly wrong."

Last note: check before any mission to see if any missions you or he acquire can be and are "Shared" with your team (can't be done if cross-faction). This way, you actually participate in the mission for rewards, etc. and so do they.
    Ua3v0EC.jpg
  • johnbr216johnbr216 Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    while loosing access to the cstore items i bought for the pc does suck, not having access to the lifetime sub, on the console blows. I paid for my sub way back in beta, and I got some good mileage out of it....

That being said, I feel that Veteran and Lifetime status should be Account wide, not just server wide. Some of us do own a PS4, XBone, and PC. While I'll play the game on all 3, in this economy, I can't justify another 300 dollars to lifetime both consoles....

Mayhap some sort of compromise, If I were given the option to upgrade my lifetime pc sub to account wide, for say a hundred dollars, I'd probably consider it.

Kind Regards,
    Cryptic Lifetime account since Thursday, January 21, 2010
    2311 days and counting.
    Why won't it let me upgrade certain items? I'm trying to upgrade a shield and I do have the right tech upgrade but it's saying I don't have any tech upgrades :/
    I'm looking right at three of them in my inventory
    It's a mak VIII shield so I know for a fact I can upgrade it :/
    I don't understand :(
    Nvm I figured out what the problem was
    edited September 2016
    Man it was hard to get this one on the console. Should have been a 90 instead of a 30. The jump lag didn't help at all in the city. Add to that the invisible walls that made no sense in the roofs. Even got stuck once on the damn engine and had to beam back to Paradise City and walk back.

ettx05.jpg
  • alhanaescheralhanaescher Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    lucho80 wrote: »
    Man it was hard to get this one on the console. Should have been a 90 instead of a 30. The jump lag didn't help at all in the city. Add to that the invisible walls that made no sense in the roofs. Even got stuck once on the damn engine and had to beam back to Paradise City and walk back.

ettx05.jpg

add to that the fact that some bright spark figured it was a good idea to put jump and the captains shortcut menu on the same button!!!
    edited September 2016
    add to that the fact that some bright spark figured it was a good idea to put jump and the captains shortcut menu on the same button!!!

That is by far one of the worst things in the console version. The jump, melee, and shortcut menu are all in one place. Press A little too long by accident because of the jump delay/fail, and you have the dumb menu up. Press A thinking you'll jump, and nothing happens, and you're in a hard to get spot and you just want to throw the controller against the wall.

Trying to do the Nimbus dance competition with how emotes work is a pain because they left the emotes order intact. Maybe move the basic dance moves (Not the unlockables) to the first set of emotes because they're needed for the dance competition and the Risa Summer event.

Typical dance competition in Nimbus:
    1) Talk to dance judge
    2) Go to Dance floor
    3) Rush to long press A
    4) Rush to choose chat
    5) Press Y
    6) Select Emotes (Dance competition probably already started at step 5 and you're still trying to get to emotes)
    7) Press RT once or twice to get to where the move is
    8) Rush to press down to select first move's emote
    9) Repeat 7 with LT and then 8 or just do 8 (3x more)