test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Ultimate troll for the 50th anniversary - T5 Tos free ships?

124»

Comments

• Options
    tyrionjkirktyrionjkirk Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    Well tomorrow is Sept 8th and still no post saying if there is going to be anything special for the Anniversary. So I am feeling that my original post stands we will most likely just get a post celebrating the 50th Anniversary. Again I am not looking for any free giveaways I just thought we would have seen something by now but I guess with the Console launch it is taking up all of their time.
  • Options
    nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
    I don't remember the stuff we got for the First Contact anniversary requiring posts before the event. Really, I can do without the pre-hype. Lets just see what happens ON the day...
  • Options
    horizons2052horizons2052 Member Posts: 184 Arc User
    hartzilla wrote: »
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    The people who gamble becaue they want the ship aren't the ones putting it up for sale.

Cryptic doesn't care about them, they care about the people buying zen to get packs and keys. The player EC economy means nothing to them.

And before trying to argue that they do remember that Cryptic made recent changes that cut down on their EC income.

The change they made to EC income was irrelevant. The amount of EC to be made off of contraband, before the nerf to it, was only a tiny slice, a small fraction of the income possible in the grand scheme of things. For instance, I was able to acquire over 200m EC every 2 weeks before the contraband nerf, and now after the contraband nerf I can STILL make over 200m EC.

I still generate EC like a river produces water at its end.
  • Options
    norcaler2norcaler2 Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    nikeix wrote: »
    I don't remember the stuff we got for the First Contact anniversary requiring posts before the event. Really, I can do without the pre-hype. Lets just see what happens ON the day...

The hype's been kind of writing itself the last couple of days.
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,113 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Well tomorrow is Sept 8th and still no post saying if there is going to be anything special for the Anniversary. So I am feeling that my original post stands we will most likely just get a post celebrating the 50th Anniversary. Again I am not looking for any free giveaways I just thought we would have seen something by now but I guess with the Console launch it is taking up all of their time.

Thursday is usually patch day for the PC version (with the bulk of the Dev team concentrating on the U.S. and UK Console launches this week, maybe they WON'T patch Holodeck tomorrow); and I'm sure that if/when we get a patch, probably right when the Holodeck Server comes back up - they'll post about what (if anything) they're doing in celebration of/giving away to the STO playerbase for the 50th Anniversary of the first episode of Star Trek ("The Man Trap") to air on NBC on September 8,1966.

I will really be surprised if they let this date go without doing/announcing anything; but we'll see.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    solarwraithsolarwraith Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    The ultimate troll would be doing absolutely nothing for the 50th.
  • Options
    spacebaronlinespacebaronline Member Posts: 1,103 Arc User
    I agree, the ultimate troll would be for cryptic to do nothing for the 50th anniversary
  • Options
    Well...then, get ready to be trolled I suppose. Nothing announces yet does not bode well for people who expect stuff.

I see what you did there... Yes, I wants me stuffs...they have beaten the events into our brains after all, so I want me playable Horta AND Vorta; yes I'm greedy!
  • Options
    coolbatman wrote: »
    wouldn't you like to see a 1/2 tribble 1/2 horta ????
    Sounds good to me.
  • Options
    vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,520 Arc User
    Happy 50th everyone ! Here's to 50 more !
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• Options
    horizons2052horizons2052 Member Posts: 184 Arc User
    It is now starting to sink in with people that nothing of any significance is happening today to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the event that made this game even possible.

Same thing going on today that was going on a week ago, that was going on a month ago that was going on a year ago. Nothing special going on in STO today, just a normal average day.

Move along people, obviously nothing to see here.
  • Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    Will be a real shame if Cryptic don't do something to celebrate the 50th.. :(
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    steaensteaen Member Posts: 644 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Very sad state of affairs to my mind.

NASA marked the occasion by changing the symbol on their ISS tracker to the Enterprise for the day, Facebook marked it by changing the various reaction emotes to Trek-themed ones and yet the officially licensed Star Trek MMO appears to have done nothing.

A sad reflection on the decision-making by those in charge - it didn't have to be anything huge like free T6 Connies for everyone, but to do nothing at all....most illogical.
  • Options
    snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    The ultimate troll would be doing absolutely nothing for the 50th.

I agree, the ultimate troll would be for cryptic to do nothing for the 50th anniversary

Well...then, get ready to be trolled I suppose. Nothing announces yet does not bode well for people who expect stuff.

I'll admit I was expecting something: A blog post.

Anything else would have been nice but not expected. A blog post though, yeah I was expecting something from the company to acknowledge and celebrate the day.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,646 Arc User
    I'll check back in three more hours from this post. Just after noon Cryptic time. Announcements and such have been known to come to us that late in the day.
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,370 Arc User
    Well, so far it looks like the 50th Anniversary is being commemorated by - the release of STO for consoles, at least Stateside.

Ah well, such is life...​​
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    a straight t5 maybe, but not a t5u... But personally, I don't see it, they've gone to greed... to hell with the players they just want the morons with money

They could always do what they did with the MU Guardian. It's T6 but 10 console only, and not upgradeable. Still a very decent ship though and a lot of fun to fly. If they did T5 or T6 TOS ships, I'd like them to be Mirror themed ships with different layouts. That way, the R&D promo folks have nothing to gripe about.
  • Options
    kapla5571kapla5571 Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    It is now starting to sink in with people that nothing of any significance is happening today to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the event that made this game even possible.

Same thing going on today that was going on a week ago, that was going on a month ago that was going on a year ago. Nothing special going on in STO today, just a normal average day.

birzark wrote: »
    Well i did find out why nothing is happening today from Startrek Mission NY, the answer is Agents of Yesterday and the release of STO on console were for the 50th anniversay nothing else was planned. At least thats what they told me.

Also happy 50th yay.

Theres your Cryptic celebration answer enjoy. :D
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,571 Arc User
    Yippee!!!
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,370 Arc User
    kapla5571 wrote: »

birzark wrote: »
    Well i did find out why nothing is happening today from Startrek Mission NY, the answer is Agents of Yesterday and the release of STO on console were for the 50th anniversay nothing else was planned. At least thats what they told me.

Also happy 50th yay.

Theres your Cryptic celebration answer enjoy. :D
    Except, as it turns out, not so much.​​
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    wideningxgyrewideningxgyre Member Posts: 710 Arc User
    Could someone tell me how to obtain the items in the 50th anniversary giveaway?

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10153362

I went to the store, but couldn't find it or did I simply not look in the right place.

• Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,571 Arc User
    Look in the Bundles Tab. Should be at the top. After claiming it on a Federation or aligned Character it will switch to 'Available' in the C-Store and unlocked forever.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    spacebaronlinespacebaronline Member Posts: 1,103 Arc User
    Meh