test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Star Trek Online Available on Xbox One and PlayStation®4!

Welcome Captains! Star Trek Online began its journey many years ago, but is now ready to travel to a new frontier. Starting today, Star Trek Online is available for free on the Xbox One and PlayStation®4 consoles in multiple North American regions, with more regions in the Americas and Europe unlocking in the coming days.

An unforgettable voyage in a universe that has entertained millions for over 50 years awaits!

~LaughingTrendy

Comments

• Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,004 Arc User
    Great news indeed, but do I need to go buy all my ships again, and why?
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    Starting to get lag in game, so just one question.... You didn't put the console version's of the game on the same hardware/network as the PC version, did you?!?!
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    anjc#8825 anjc Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    If I must purchase my T6 ships (or at least one per faction) again I will simply stay on PC
  • Options
    tilarium1979tilarium1979 Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    So ok, great. Where's the Cardassian-Dominion lockbox that is supposed to be avaliable with the launch of the game on PS4 and Xbox?
  • Options
    eldarion79eldarion79 Member Posts: 1,679 Arc User
    If I must purchase my T6 ships (or at least one per faction) again I will simply stay on PC

I guess your on the PC then
  • Options
    anjc#8825 anjc Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    eldarion79 wrote: »

I guess your on the PC then

As I have pondered for a minute or so I realized that we cannot get our previous purchases from PC on our Xboxes (and PS4s) because we are logging on with our Xbox Live and PSN accounts, not our Cryptic/Arc/Steam ones.
    Is there a way for us to log on via our PC accounts???
  • Options
    djf021djf021 Member Posts: 1,379 Arc User
    So ok, great. Where's the Cardassian-Dominion lockbox that is supposed to be avaliable with the launch of the game on PS4 and Xbox?

That's for the Console, their first Lockbox. I'm sure it'll show up on PC at some point, but for now it's console only.
    C4117709-1498929112732780large.jpg

Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference.
    -Captain James T. Kirk
  • Options

As I have pondered for a minute or so I realized that we cannot get our previous purchases from PC on our Xboxes (and PS4s) because we are logging on with our Xbox Live and PSN accounts, not our Cryptic/Arc/Steam ones.

You can link your accounts, but nothing carries over.
  • Options
    shotheguyver03shotheguyver03 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    link
  • Options
    general1devongeneral1devon Member Posts: 298 Arc User

Dumbest move they ever made
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    Welcome to the new PS4 & Xbox players to the STO universe/timeline!
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    My biggest complaint so far, is one account bank space? At least we get five character slots
  • Options
    xphoenixcryosxxphoenixcryosx Member Posts: 1 New User
    please add the ability to either migrate a character or at least our subscriptions. Would at least like access to lifetime and vet status.
  • Options
    jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,790 Arc User

Dumbest move they ever made

I agree!
  • Options
    hulzahulza Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Bought lifetime for Star Trek online - now dont have it on Xbox.

A shame....
  • Options
    dynasystem#1978 dynasystem Member Posts: 3 New User
    edited September 2016
    Administrator,
    After waiting eagerly for this title to Arrive on our beloved Xbox, it seems it is not available in the UK! Is it only available in the US atm? Will it be arriving here in the UK and Ireland soon?
  • Options
    hansie589hansie589 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Administrator,
    After waiting eagerly for this title to Arrive on our beloved Xbox, it seems it is not available in the UK! Is it only available in the US atm? Will it be arriving here in the UK and Ireland soon?

I was able to download it in germany. maybe the link works https://www.microsoft.com/de-de/store/p/star-trek-online/c3lf9pcrp9rp
  • Options
    gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    Cheers to the dev team. I know how much work the past weeks have been (been through many product launches myself). I hope the console port is a big success.
  • Options
    jothan9092jothan9092 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    This must mean that the next patch will be updating the graphics on PC, which might be the game's issue. If the Console and PC players are on one server, then we on PC are playing with the old graphics while they see the new. Whence we're all seeing the same thing, it might be better.
    [SIGPIC]Cross at the center of M51--The Whirlpool Galaxy[/SIGPIC]
    Noah Bartholomew Jothan,
    Member of the "Christian Fleet Alliance"
    Proclaimers of The Way, The Truth, and The Life
    John 14:6
  • Options
    adorkabledoriadorkabledori Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Fair warning to the devs. Fix your bugs the soonest. Do not wait for months or years to come up with a solution, coz console players are far more less forgiving then pc players.
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited September 2016
    Looks beautiful on my 4k TV. Anyone has an XBOX One S? Does it look any better or the same as on a regular XBOX One?
  • Options
    Are console players on the same server as us? I'd think they weren't, using the new lockbox as evidence, being available only to console players right now.
  • Options
    wasago02wasago02 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    Downloaded in Czech midle europe.
  • Options
    tarran61tarran61 Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    Congratulations everyone!
    Positive thoughts.
    NeAC.gif
  • Options
    trostol13trostol13 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    has, if any one is playing on console, found a way to adjust the way the ship moves..you know up for up..down for down
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    trostol13 wrote: »
    has, if any one is playing on console, found a way to adjust the way the ship moves..you know up for up..down for down

Yeah. Toss it out the window and get a PC. *runs
  • Options
    trostol13trostol13 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    trostol13 wrote: »

Yeah. Toss it out the window and get a PC. *runs

lol i have it on PC also...just was seeing how it was on console..so far thats the only issue i have with it..that and the huge target indicator in the middle of the screen
  • Options
    alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    "Sublieutenant, plot a course"
    "Yes Commander, where to?"
    "Uncharted space. Engage cloak and take us out."

Good journeys console STO.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    The introductory video sounds awesome on my surround sound system, but the visuals could have been tweaked. The game itself looks awesome. Seems like I'm playing a whole different game.