test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cylons r coming..

evilestkhan#0984 evilestkhan Member Posts: 278 Arc User
so what if..!

Galactica and their fleet got too earth, and met up with the feds.. and the the Cylons attacked earth.

how long do you think they will last, considering the feds are battle tested.

Comments

• theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,985 Arc User
    Which version of Cylon?.
    The original cylons or the reimagined Cylons
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
      The Federation would wipe the floor with the Cylons. The only time I think the Cylons would even have a chance would be if it was the 22nd Century Starfleet. 23rd and forward... total curbstomp in favor of the Federation.
      db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
      I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
      The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
      rattler2 wrote: »
      The Federation would wipe the floor with the Cylons. The only time I think the Cylons would even have a chance would be if it was the 22nd Century Starfleet. 23rd and forward... total curbstomp in favor of the Federation.

Depends on which version of Cylon they, the originals would be an even match for mid 23rd Century Starfleet in a straight up brawl.

The reimagined Cyllons would be more insidious by infiltrating the Federation first with their skinjobs and then when the fleet arrives, they sabotage the Federation computer networks and defences. The Cylon fleet then hacks the Starfleet vessels disabling them. It was shown in "The Plan" the effects of Cylon hacking technology.
      NMXb2ph.png
        "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
        Late 24th Century Starfleet would have protocols in place due to experience with the Borg. Also Federation Medical technology is lightyears more advanced than Colonial. They'd be able to pick up on the skinjobs pretty easily. And that's not counting their experience dealing with Changeling infiltration from the Dominion War.
        db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
        I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
        The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
        Late 24th Century Starfleet would have protocols in place due to experience with the Borg. Also Federation Medical technology is lightyears more advanced than Colonial. They'd be able to pick up on the skinjobs pretty easily. And that's not counting their experience dealing with Changeling infiltration from the Dominion War.

As long as they have a Resurrection ship nearby out of the way, they can just keep replacing their losses, Scar was a classic example. Every time he was shot down, he came back faster and smarter than the last time.

The Cylons have that ability to adapt and counter as and when the situation requires it, Cylons never are complacent either. The Federation has this nasty habit of becoming complacent when things quieten down, the Cylons are always prepared and will play the waiting game.
        NMXb2ph.png
        • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,360 Arc User
          Cylons lack deflector technology.

Transporters for the win.​​
          Lorna-Wing-sig.png

As long as they have a Resurrection ship nearby out of the way, they can just keep replacing their losses, Scar was a classic example. Every time he was shot down, he came back faster and smarter than the last time.

The Cylons have that ability to adapt and counter as and when the situation requires it, Cylons never are complacent either. The Federation has this nasty habit of becoming complacent when things quieten down, the Cylons are always prepared and will play the waiting game.

There is also the sheer difference in technological level. A Federation Starship would have a much longer detection range than anything the Cylons have. Not only that, the Federation isn't reliant on Kinetic Energy Weapons and Nukes for weapons. Compared to a Photon Torpedo's matter/antimatter warhead, a Nuke is a firecracker. And the range of Federation FTL capability is not capped off at 30 something lightyears or so per jump.

Then we come to tactics themselves. Cylon forces are HEAVILY reliant on their fighters and Heavy Raiders to engage other capital ships. The Baseships themselves, while capable of engaging other ships, are actually pretty fragile and only have missiles to fight with. A Federation fleet would wipe the floor with any Baseships on that alone, being able to engage them directly with phasers and torpedos, and even a Sovereign class starship could outmaneuver a Baseship.

No matter how you put it... it is advantage: Federation.
          edited September 2016

There is also the sheer difference in technological level. A Federation Starship would have a much longer detection range than anything the Cylons have. Not only that, the Federation isn't reliant on Kinetic Energy Weapons and Nukes for weapons. Compared to a Photon Torpedo's matter/antimatter warhead, a Nuke is a firecracker. And the range of Federation FTL capability is not capped off at 30 something lightyears or so per jump.

Then we come to tactics themselves. Cylon forces are HEAVILY reliant on their fighters and Heavy Raiders to engage other capital ships. The Baseships themselves, while capable of engaging other ships, are actually pretty fragile and only have missiles to fight with. A Federation fleet would wipe the floor with any Baseships on that alone, being able to engage them directly with phasers and torpedos, and even a Sovereign class starship could outmaneuver a Baseship.

No matter how you put it... it is advantage: Federation.

Galactica working tandem with Pegasus wrecking baseships proved that, baseships don't take sustained barrage too well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-yu5QiZjBQ
          NMXb2ph.png
            Galactica working tandem with Pegasus wrecking baseships proved that, baseships don't take sustained barrage too well

And that's against ships with the same level of technology. Now take that against a Galaxy class Starship's phaser arrays as seen in Best of Both Worlds.

And that's against ships with the same level of technology. Now take that against a Galaxy class Starship's phaser arrays as seen in Best of Both Worlds.

Two Galaxys working in tandem is bad enough, that infamous scene from sacrifice of angels where they wrecked a Galor. Cylon baseships would not stand a chance in a prolonged engagement
            NMXb2ph.png
              And that's just Galaxy class ships. Throw in other classes like the Akira and Sovereign... GG no RE.
              Point defence systems deal with the fighters and missiles
              NMXb2ph.png
              • fmgtorres1979fmgtorres1979 Member Posts: 1,327 Arc User
                Will one of our characters be the Fleet-Admiral? If so the Cylons have no chance.
              • lilchibiclarililchibiclari Member Posts: 1,193 Arc User
                thing is rattler..

they have fold space tec.

Good point. 30 lightyears is three days at maximum warp for TNG/DS9/VOY era Federation ships (based on 15 LY taking "two days" for Voyager in the episode "Hope and Fear"). If the Cylons can make repeated jumps with less than a 24-hour interval, then they can outrun Federation ships as long as they can avoid being shot down before they make their first jump. (Unless of course we are talking 2410-era ships in STO which can do short bursts of Quantum Slipstream Drive).
              • nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
                edited September 2016
                Which all points at how miraculous it is that the Federation keeps bumping into people right in the same narrow band of advancement that lets them have these protracted wars ;). Sure, they always start out a trick or two ahead, and then the Federation just magic's up a solution... usually at about the 47 minute mark.
              • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
                And that's not counting their experience dealing with Changeling infiltration from the Dominion War.

which apparently went out the window by the 2400s​​
                Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
                An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
                A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
                A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
                "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
                Passion and Serenity are one.
                I gain power by understanding both.
                In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
                I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
                The Force is united within me.
              • admiralnatadmiralnat Member Posts: 22,432 Arc User

Starfleet would detect the transmissions to the ship and destroy it. Resurrection ship = destroyed.​​
                2jwMZnF.gif
                Winning.
                It's what I do. It's what I just did. It's what I'm about to do again. It's being undisputed emperor of an empire that cannot be disproved as the most powerful intergalactic empire in the entire universe; I always win, and everything I've won will definitely be won again... by me. It's my signature move, and thus, it's my signature. Problem, Sonic? Yeah, I mean you, Sonic, because you're being beat up, despite your being super. You can't even hit Shadow back, can you? Nope, he's too strong for you. Of course, I'm not Shadow, I'm the Super Emerald fueled fox that's pulling the strings; trust me, the fight would only be a few frames long if I were in it personally. Oh, and here's something for all you guys thinking you can win Last Post Wins 3.0; trust me, I'll be around a long while after the sun has already consumed the Earth while I sit out with the forum servers on Titan. Yes, I mean Titan... that comparatively little moon orbiting Saturn. It's a nice little place in a version of our solar system where the sun is a lot bigger. I mean, Mars will last longer than your precious Earth, but by then, it'll be one hot planet... and I figure Saturn's moon will be about the right temperate for a super-powered warlord. Oh, and trust me, I packed a lot of rings, and I mean a lot. Trillions, in fact, so I'll never run out of rings to power my super form. Besides, if I start to run out, I can just chaos control more rings into my reach. It's quite easy, really. You should try it. Granted, you'll never have the 7 Super Emeralds that I have in my possession, nor the Master Emerald that I've got hidden away somewhere... absorbed into my body thanks to Sonic logic, but whatever. I win. Again. I'm not kidding, either. Just check Last Post Wins, and if the last post isn't mine, it soon will be. Very, very soon. You can count on it. Seriously. By the way, if you're wondering, there's a really great Super Tails sprite sheet out there... somewhere... by some guy named shadow_91. These sprites are really great. Like, really good. Quality. Just like what I like to see in a sprite sheet. Also, credit to Joe T.E., his Sonic Battle style Super Sonic sprites have a great palette for a Super Sonic being beat up by Super Shadow, who's palette is from a Super Shadow sheet of unknown origin, but it turns out they were "borrowed" from a better sheet made by a certain Domenico. Oh, and the gif is actually a custom made super version of a similar gif, of which there are only 3 or 4 copies to be found by Google, and even then, evidently of an unknown source. Yep, it's one of those things. Stuff people have made, spread around, only for it to vanish and you to be the only person who still has a copy, not even knowing where it came from... like, literally at all. Oh, and anyone notice that Shadow's little chaos snap blast thingies are red and blue now? Yeah, I changed it. Problem, fans of purple? Yeah, I know you got a problem with that one, but you can just deal with it. After all, according to all known laws of aviation, there is no way a bee should be able to fly... alright, alright, I'll spare you the entire Bee Movie script, just Google it if you want. By the way, ever wonder how your characters would've ended up if they evolved in another universe? Yeah, that. Think about it. Ok, so you probably didn't bother reading up to here, but whatever, here's a surprise for you guys over at ESD (RP) who were crazy enough to read this: Emperor Nat of the mcfreakin' Terran Empire is gonna be right all along! The universe is gonna go BOOM! *Thumbs up to the insanity*
                Oh, now don't tell me you want in on all this! Well, ok. Look this that Egg Pawn hanging outside your window, pointing his laser rifle at you, waiting for my next order. He's doing his part. He helps conquer the weak-minded. He roboticizes the weak-bodied. Heck, he even helps keep the useless people from causing any trouble, but you know what? Join. Find the closest Nataran Empire roboticization center near you and join the ranks, before the ranks find you. Oh, I know, you figure it must be so satisfying to know I basically rule the world now, and you know what? It is, but do you want to know the true definition of satisfaction? Well, let me tell you a little story. One day, you see a brand new event. They're giving out boxes that give old event stuff. Your dilithium is plentiful. You buy a whole lot of Phoenix packs on your main, and open them all. You get one epic token. Then, you decide, that since you have all the Breen ships and don't give a damn about the others, you exchange it for an ultra rare, and grab yourself a Jem'Hadar Attack Ship and for the hell of it, a Voth Bulwark. You open both, leaving the Bulwark in your vast masses of starships as you jump into the bugship and deck it out, deck by deck, into the most awesome Jem'Hadar ship you can. You fly it. You enjoy it. Eventually, you get bored and leave, leaving the old Bulwark never flown... until later. Your main is long complete. Your new alt main, based off some character you pulled out of nothing just to explain away some starship being in service without the command of your dear admiral, is also complete. Mostly. Their reps and doffs are hard at work, getting you stuff. You realize the potential, and head back for your dear admiral, pull the most Voth themed build you can out of thin air, and suit up in your giant ship in the shape of you know what. You head out... and cause all sorts of havoc. Enemies scream out your name as their very life is drained away by your swarms of Aceton Assimilators. They complain to the devs of your OPness when you revive yourself from death every time you die. Do you show any form of mercy? No. After all, this isn't the United Federation of Planets, this is mother frakkin' Starfleet, where you explore strange new worlds and kick butt never kicked before. Oh, and you realize that I just wrote another speech rivaling your own signature. Cool. Oh, wait, that's just the original draft, it is part of my signature now. Oh, and yes, I am aware that I have become a Canadian Regent; one day, sooner than you'd expect, we'll suddenly decide to take over the world and declare an "alliance", and I shall become it's Regent. You know, like the Klingon-Cardassian Alliance in the mirror universe of our beloved Star Trek. Oh, who'll we be taking over with? I dunno, maybe [REDACTED], or maybe aliens from outer space. Guess you'll have to wait and find out, won't we? Until then, don't ask too many questions, or else my Breen allies on Titania might pick up on your -- [REDACTED BY BREEN CONFEDERACY FOR REASONS] Also, psst... keep an eye out for flying Tribbles! Also walls. Big, great walls, separating entire continents apart. Walls patrolled by Tribbles. Flying Tribbles. Flying Nukara Tribbles. Don't worry, it's not like they were on Venus with a herd of Tholians or anything, they just like the extreme heat and brutal weather like acid rain and hurricane force winds as the norm. Oh, and definitely keep your eye out on any two-tailed foxes, because if they ain't glowing, they're definitely an imposter. Possibly an Undine, we caught one of those once in my place once. Oh, and if you find a two-tailed fox that doesn't like the cold... most certainly ask him to say sorry. If he refuses, DESTROY HIM WITH A DOOMSDAY MACHINE, BECAUSE THERE'S NOTHING ELSE THAT WOULD BE ENOUGH AGAINST SUCH AN OVERPOWERED IMPOSTER!

tr;dr, I am winning last post wins 3.0. Thank you for your time.
                Oh, look, an explosion...
              • mas134gluck123mas134gluck123 Member Posts: 302 Arc User

totaly agree
              • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
                The Empire wins. As they do against any race short of the Daleks.
                22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
                Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
                JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
                'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
                'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
                '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
                'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
                '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
              • dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
                thing is rattler..

they have fold space tec.

Good point. 30 lightyears is three days at maximum warp for TNG/DS9/VOY era Federation ships (based on 15 LY taking "two days" for Voyager in the episode "Hope and Fear"). If the Cylons can make repeated jumps with less than a 24-hour interval, then they can outrun Federation ships as long as they can avoid being shot down before they make their first jump. (Unless of course we are talking 2410-era ships in STO which can do short bursts of Quantum Slipstream Drive).

Problem with Cylon fold tech:

1. Extreme long range sensors, etc., could pick up the trip(s). Feddies will know of range limitation in days.
                2. Does it have the usual "we have to know where we're going, and that it's safe, so that we can get there" limitation? So it needs to be scouted, etc.

Especially if #2 is in play (we need to know the jump site), then the Cylon's days are numbered.
                Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
                Jump Drive also takes time to spool up, while warp drive is just "press a button and we're off." And you can maneuver in warp, while Jump is a straight-line proposition.​​
                Lorna-Wing-sig.png
                jonsills wrote: »
                Jump Drive also takes time to spool up, while warp drive is just "press a button and we're off." And you can maneuver in warp, while Jump is a straight-line proposition.​​
                Also... I believe one of the risks of a blind jump was shown pretty well when Galactica sent a bunch of Raptors back to the Colonies... and one ended up jumping into a mountain.

Although seeing Galactica jump into a planet's atmosphere and fall until she deployed her Vipers was kinda epic. Would have been one helluva psych out if the enemy wasn't machines.
                jonsills wrote: »
                Also... I believe one of the risks of a blind jump was shown pretty well when Galactica sent a bunch of Raptors back to the Colonies... and one ended up jumping into a mountain.

Although seeing Galactica jump into a planet's atmosphere and fall until she deployed her Vipers was kinda epic. Would have been one helluva psych out if the enemy wasn't machines.

The Adama manoeuvre
                NMXb2ph.png
                • thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
                  edited September 2016
                  109.jpg
                  valk001-1.jpg
                  valk012.jpg
                  valk001.jpg
                  cylon003.jpg
                  snapshotr01.jpg
                  Shinzon_zps6b88c20a.jpg
                  DavidAndGoliath.jpg
                  A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
                  The Adama manoeuvre
                  Or, to quote Huginn from the late, lamented website Television Without Pity, the PAoB.
                  Adama jumped the entire <bleep>ing Battlestar into atmosphere.

What? What? Who does that?

I'm fairly certain that voids the hell out of the warranty. I'm fairly certain there's little red and yellow stickers on the underside of Galactica that say:

"Warning, Do Not Plow Into Some Planet's Unsuspecting Stratosphere Like The World's Grimmest And Most Heavily Armored Fat Kid Jumping Into A Pool Full Of People He Hates Screaming Cannonball With A Grenade In His Teeth, Yeah, We're Talking To You Adama, 'Cause Jesus Christ."

If I'm a Humlon, and I look out of the window of my compound and see this... psychotic act of badassery, in my heart I know we're just never going to subjugate or defeat these people.
                  ​​
                  Lorna-Wing-sig.png
                  ROFLMAO nice one jonsills!
                • nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
                  That show did deliver some truly epic moments.

On of my favorites is the opposed wings of vipers swirling in and amongst each other on the verge of furballing their counterparts with extreme prejudice... and then they pick up one cylon signal and both wings roll en mass to form up ready to KILL those toasters.

That was a thing of beauty.