test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

An Apple A Day...

Comments

• Options
    alethkiraenalethkiraen Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    Some people hate us for spreading the Truth about the blessed and glorious Dukat, and his attempts at saving the hateful Bijorans from themselves.
    fRhmZXV.gif
    To boldly funk where no-one has funked before.
  • Options
    mozart2222mozart2222 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    Dental is all about

DzAn6WC.gif

Some people are not down with that, others or maybe the very same people will call you a troll for standing too close to them ingame. I think that's a silly thing to accuse people of trolling over but people take these games very seriously I have noticed. I'm too busy getting wasted with my good buddy Damar to notice such things.
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    iconians wrote: »
    Oh, also I had some really fun times with the Word of Lowtax on MWO before I also came to the conclusion that company was equally as incompetent as Trion. I'm not sure if they "deserved" their reputation though, but their forum presence was always entertaining.​​
    You were playing MW:O once? It's astounding that the game is still around. I am tempted to go back just to check it out. Almost.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    I think the funniest thing I ever saw Dental do was one of them to stand on the table and claim Drozana station. Wouldn't call it trolling, as no one seemed to care.​​

Hehe, my funniest memory involving Dental was in IGA-map pve. Two of them rushed ahead. They tried to get the optional failed and raise the force-field in Ogen’s room without everybody being in.

Didn’t work out cuz the two of them were the weakest players on map.

Starfleet Dental is kinda obsolete in STO in 2016. Devs do a much better job than they do and power-creep takes care of the rest. :)
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    tousseau wrote: »
    My closest analogy would be my time in EVE, where Goon Squad could generate a similar reaction... People either love em or despise them.

you must not be aware of this but dental are goons. "goons" are people from the somethingawful.com forums. they play lots of different games. they go by the name "starfleet dental" in this game, but no matter what game they play or what their guild name is in that game, they are all goons from the same place.

Are these Gooners Arsenal supporters then?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Dental does really nice giveaways ill say that.

I guess they pissed some people off at the Nimoy memorial with celebration spheres.. But truth be told, if people let that bother them, and it "ruined their grieving experience", then perhaps Mr. Nimoy really wasn't that important to them.

Because Nothing anyone was doing or could do was going to ruin my remembrance for that great man.

Anyway, isn't this naming and shaming ?
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • Options
    thekodanarmada#7342 thekodanarmada Member Posts: 1,631 Arc User
    Starfleet Dental is kinda obsolete in STO in 2016. Devs do a much better job than they do

At what?
    DInb0Vo.gif[/url][/center]
  • Options
    officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    Is Starfleet Dental and Shutup Wesley two different organizations?
  • Options
    walterbishop1walterbishop1 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    tousseau wrote: »
    I know, this may not end very well... I'm thinking fiery inferno... But I gotta ask:

Starfleet Dental
    What is the source of the communities angst towards this fleet?

What gives?

They're average for the community.
  • Options
    stobg2015stobg2015 Member Posts: 800 Arc User
    Any frustration I ever had dealing with Dental is long over and I don't have anything against them. :smiley: They present themselves on the forums far differently than they used to.

Do they have an earned reputation for harassing/pranking other players? Once upon a time, but not so much anymore that I'm aware of. It might still be going on here and there, much like my oldest son thinks annoying his little brothers is fun and games, but not systematically. They never pretended that they were tolerant of public eRP, but then I wouldn't have been either. They've never EVER bothered me in-game.

Do they promote the game and generally help out other players? Do they go to great lengths to look out for their own? Do they get credit for starting the public service channels? Indisputably.
    (The Guy Formerly And Still Known As Bluegeek)
  • Options
    gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    Mozart2222, that is an awesome gif. i give it an edosian three thumbs up.
  • Options
    shrimphead2015shrimphead2015 Member Posts: 527 Arc User
    Starfleet Dental is an evil organization of people with a history of ties to the Hindenburg Crash, the Kennedy assassinations, the A.D.A hostage situation in 2013 and most disturbing, they are the architects of Justin Bieber’s career.

These are people without conscious or morals, what they did to Agent Mulder of the X files was nothing short of tragic but we have the tapes and we will make sure the world gets the truth!
    "There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life." - Ten Bears (Will Sampson)
  • Options
    snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    Starfleet Dental is an evil organization of people with a history of ties to the Hindenburg Crash, the Kennedy assassinations, the A.D.A hostage situation in 2013 and most disturbing, they are the architects of Justin Bieber’s career.

These are people without conscience or morals, what they did to Agent Mulder of the X files was nothing short of tragic but we have the tapes and we will make sure the world gets the truth!

You left out the October Surprise, the placement of the Bloody Glove for the OJ investigation, as well as they know the identity of the gunman on the grassy knoll.

What they couldn't pull off, however, was faking 9 separate moon landings.

Their failures in the 1960s relating to the space program is what prompted them to get involved with STO in the first place.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    While I am surprised that there was no "Earth Shattering Kaboom"...

Thanks for the responses guys... my curiosity has been sated.
  • Options
    shrimphead2015shrimphead2015 Member Posts: 527 Arc User
    You left out the October Surprise, the placement of the Bloody Glove for the OJ investigation, as well as they know the identity of the gunman on the grassy knoll.

What they couldn't pull off, however, was faking 9 separate moon landings.

Their failures in the 1960s relating to the space program is what prompted them to get involved with STO in the first place.

Very true. A nefarious group to be sure.

"There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life." - Ten Bears (Will Sampson)
  • Options
    seriously though

Serious though, no one cares.
  • Options
    We need a revolution in mental health care in this country.

Is that what happened when United States American President Reagan dismantled it all?
  • Options
    ednahax101#5140 ednahax101 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    If you like SFD in sto you'd love goonswarm in Eve :*

stobg2015 wrote: »
    Do they have an earned reputation for harassing/pranking other players? Once upon a time, but not so much anymore that I'm aware of.

Harass who? Even erpers left the game lol
  • Options
    ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,449 Arc User
    The ERPers probably went to Second Life.
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
This discussion has been closed.