test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

50th Anniversary Special Event for STO

I am wondering if the Devs have nice plans all ready to go the 50th Anniversary happening in a little under 2 weeks from now on the 8th of Sep.

Maybe something like a 3 day event with something really awesome.

Nice big surprises would be ace... as long as that doesn't mean bugs :pensive:

What would you guys love to see on STO for the 50th?! Love to hear the communities thoughts.

Comments

• iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    I hope they bring back Mine Trap.​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • tarran61tarran61 Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    What I would have loved is in a R&D box. D7
    Positive thoughts.
    NeAC.gif
  • raxicoricoraxicorico Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    tarran61 wrote: »
    What I would have loved is in a R&D box. D7

Yeah I know. I myself wouldn't even run the T6 Connie in the TOS outfit but would enjoy seeing what the Temporal Ship is capable of. That being said the T'Liss would be a cute diversion for my seldom played Rom Toon. Even the D7 is a nice classic that would be fun, but alas most of us will never get to fly any of them.
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    There isn't much they can do for it. To get me excited now. Specially after the lottery boxes stunt they pulled. Now it will be meh.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    They're bringing Takei, Nichols and Shatner to STO for voice overs.

Source: don't have one :p
  • bismarck1975bismarck1975 Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    risian4 wrote: »
    They're bringing Takei, Nichols and Shatner to STO for voice overs.

Source: don't have one :p

Ohhh My!
  • ddplattddplatt Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    The release of T7 ships
  • holyknight22holyknight22 Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    You will get a bottle of Tranya, Saurian Brandy, a Tribble, and a Fesarius Ship Card!
  • scarlingscarling Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    You're going to get another admiralty card and you're going to love it.
  • talientalien Member Posts: 712 Arc User
    iconians wrote: »
    I hope they bring back Mine Trap.​​

This is what I'm hoping for too. Even if it's yet another event grind to play Mine Trap 14 times for some special project reward, at least that's a fun queue to play.

Of course, if cryptic actually wants to do something really great they'll have T5 versions of the promo ships without the trait and console. Not holding my breath for that one however.
  • trekpuppytrekpuppy Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    They will announce the conversion from a theme park MMO to an open world MMO! ;)
    ---
    "-Grind is good!" --Gordon Geko
    Accolades checklist: https://bit.ly/FLUFFYS
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    We all become Epohh herders! You're not allowed to leave New Romulus until all your Epohhs are safe!
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    Playable Horta is real to me darnit!
  • talientalien Member Posts: 712 Arc User
    Playable Horta is real to me darnit!

You know, I would totally get behind a Horta boff as the big reward for the 50th.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    Well... for TNG's Anniversary we got Worf's sash, hair, and gotee...
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • tyrionjkirktyrionjkirk Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    I was really excited for the official anniversary but because of the promo box my desire to play is at an all time low. I do not see anything Cryptic can do now to get me excited and spend any money. They could have made most of the sto community happy and handled it with respect but they slapped us in the face.

These ships should have been in the C-Store they are faction specific, current timeline ships. They are breaking their own rules and it is sad thay so many players do not see it that way.

It is even worse now for new players because everyone was on equal ground with no end game connie (please know I am happy the ship is in the game but not the way they released it). Now a new player would pretty much need to give their soul to get one. Which I am sure is what Cryptic wants.

Exclusive items and ships are destroying this game. Cryptic wants new players but they do things that would turn off players from wanting to play the game.

Happy 50th Anniversary to Star Trek!! Lets see what mess Cryptic decides to do for the anniversary.
  • gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    We already have red, blue, and green horta pets so horta boffs for each faction or playable horta should totally be a thing.

Or new salt vampire playable race.
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,362 Arc User
    Really? All the fun was sucked out of the game for you because you might not be able to get a ship you just plain couldn't have at all before?

I'm not going to win one of the T6 TOS ships, and I'm okay with that, because I still have all the stuff I had before.​​
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • norcaler2norcaler2 Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    Free, timed exclusive T5 versions of the promo ships. ;)
  • aphelionmarauderaphelionmarauder Member Posts: 184 Arc User
    I think they should do what we all really want, make the entire C-Store Free for 24 hours.

*drops mic*​​
    Support the movement!
    Come stand with us in supporting Star Trek: The Animated Series content for STO! (It's canon!) #TASforSTO

Time travel and glass-cannon ships hurt my head and is NOT what Trek is about. Trek is exploration, becoming better as a species, and gaining scientific knowledge while holding on to the traditions that got us where were are.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • orion0029orion0029 Member Posts: 1,122 Bug Hunter
    norcaler2 wrote: »

Hehe, if Cryptic gave out end-game capable versions of the Connie/D7/T'liss I would laugh myself stupid. It would be awesome!

That said, I doubt anything like that will happen. I'd wager on a dev blog saying 'Happy anniversary Star Trek'.

Or if they want to do something a grind event for an Admirality card of the TOS Enterprise. :/
  • ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,449 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if it did happen. Being an event item, it would not be like a C-store purchase. In this case to get a Fleet version (if available) all you need is a ship provision, 20k Fleet Credits, and 4 Fleet Ship Modules.

They award them as T-5, and still make some money from FSM sales. There is still the issue with the current Fleet K't'inga though, as it is available now.
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
  • chozoelder2ndchozoelder2nd Member Posts: 440 Arc User
    God I would love this, even if they weren't able to be bumped up to t5-U. I'm not holding my breath though.

orion0029 wrote: »

Hehe, if Cryptic gave out end-game capable versions of the Connie/D7/T'liss I would laugh myself stupid. It would be awesome!

That said, I doubt anything like that will happen. I'd wager on a dev blog saying 'Happy anniversary Star Trek'.

Or if they want to do something a grind event for an Admirality card of the TOS Enterprise. :/
    It would really bum me out if all they did was a 14-day grind of Mine Trap for another card.
    SP9Pu.gif
  • alonaralonar Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    I don't see them doing anything at all, unless they sell it for $30.
  • captkelly31#5645 captkelly31 Member Posts: 392 Arc User
    Get Cryptic to tie up old loose ends, like finishing construction of New Romulus, letting the Klingons invade the Rator system after episode "Cutting the Cord", adding New Talax, and a version of Kobali prime under repair(possibly with NPC construction vehicles).

That or just revamp DS9 depending on which can be done faster.
  • tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    Ooo... The Wisest Tribble from the Temporal Ambassador mission?
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    At this stage you'd be lucky if you get the gruel served in the mines of Rura Penthe.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    alonar wrote: »
    I don't see them doing anything at all, unless they sell it for $30.

Pretty much this.

They already have the whales covered, so just need some cstore stuff to complete the milking..
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• aphelionmarauderaphelionmarauder Member Posts: 184 Arc User
    tousseau wrote: »
    Ooo... The Wisest Tribble from the Temporal Ambassador mission?
    I would like this
    ltminns wrote: »
    At this stage you'd be lucky if you get the gruel served in the mines of Rura Penthe.

But we probably will get this​​
    Support the movement!
    Come stand with us in supporting Star Trek: The Animated Series content for STO! (It's canon!) #TASforSTO

Time travel and glass-cannon ships hurt my head and is NOT what Trek is about. Trek is exploration, becoming better as a species, and gaining scientific knowledge while holding on to the traditions that got us where were are.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!