test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

50th Anniversary Special Event for STO

Comments

• Options
    nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    it's gonna be a patch.. no matter what you say or do.. you... will.... talk.... likecaptainkirk
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor
  • Options
    orion0029orion0029 Member Posts: 1,122 Bug Hunter
    orion0029 wrote: »

Or if they want to do something a grind event for an Admirality card of the TOS Enterprise. :/

~holds a sword at your throat~ QUIET, YOUS!

Careful, you could poke an eye out with that!
  • Options
    steaensteaen Member Posts: 644 Arc User
    They are going to do SOMETHING to mark this, right?

I'd kind of expected some kind of announcement or hint or dev blog or something to suggest that they aren't going to just ignore this occasion by now.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,571 Arc User
    Well now that the R&D Weekend is over and the R&D Packs are not on sale, we have a Zen Charge Bonus Sale. They just can't put all the things together at one time.

The special celebration on September 8th will be a 20% Zen Charge Bonus - one day only so act quickly. ;)

Since there is a Zen Charge Sale there probably will be some sort of C-Store Sale coming up, but we won't know what it will be until after the Charge Bonus is over.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    KHAAAAAAAAAAANN!

(if... we're doing... Kirk... IM-pressions, then I'm doing... my... favorite one)
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,571 Arc User
    You forgot an 'N'. :)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    If you're...goingtodo...a...properKirkimpression...you...have...to...runthewordstogether...a...bit.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • Options
    tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    [quote="thunderfoot006;13045720"]If you're...goingtodo...a...properKirkimpression...you...have...to...runthewordstogether...a...bit.[/quote]

Dammit Jim! I'm a Doctor, not some pill popping hypochondriac squirrel named Pilzee...
  • Options
    thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    DammitScotty! We...need...more...wordsruntogetherandspokenrapidly!
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    Here is some cake, but first you need to open 10,000 R&D boxes first.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    zerokillcf2011zerokillcf2011 Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    latest?cb=20120511133728&path-prefix=en

So for the 50th anniversary, limited time PVE que: we have to board the whale probe! Because time travel and stuff!
  • Options
    latest?cb=20120511133728&path-prefix=en

So for the 50th anniversary, limited time PVE que: we have to board the whale probe! Because time travel and stuff!

On on the Whale Probe is all our Connie Gifts. Cause its the "Great Whale Probe". Now we need to go to sleep and hope we all was good players.

• Options
    gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    klingons and romulans don't eat cake. why are bakers always making food for the federation and ignoring our factions!
    Bakers hate klingons! I demand crumpets for my klingons!
  • Options
    klingons and romulans don't eat cake. why are bakers always making food for the federation and ignoring our factions!
    Bakers hate klingons!

Ok, Blood wine for all the Klingons, first you need to open 10,000 R&D boxes. Ale for the Romulans, first you need to open 10,000 R&D boxes.

• Options
    ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,449 Arc User
    Bloodwine and donuts.. The catch is, you have to go to Cryptic Studios to get them.
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
  • Options
    jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    tarran61 wrote: »
    What I would have loved is in a R&D box. D7

Me too, but 1.1 billion EC or playing the .4-.5% chance of cracking R&D packs just isn't worth it.
  • Options
    nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
    jcsww wrote: »
    Me too, but 1.1 billion EC or playing the .4-.5% chance of cracking R&D packs just isn't worth it.

Most large scale experiments show the drop rate is closer to 1% (a little on the high side, actually). Given this is a man-made system and not a natural one (a.k.a. a human PICKED the drop rate) it's almost certainly exactly 1%.

• Options
    litchy74litchy74 Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    I would love something to tell my console friends look at this go play it, but, in my heart I'm expecting disappointment for the 50th.
    Playing STO on the PC turn you into a cynic.
    Where ever you go, there you are.......

Join The Space Invaders,..... Federation and KDF fleets.
  • Options
    nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
    You might do better with lower expectations.

I'm looking forward to maybe a costume, maybe a 1701 admiralty card, -OR- maybe some Doffs.

With the costume being the least likely.

Basically stuff that doesn't represent a huge development outlay. Because the bottom line is whatever it is, I'z getting it for free.

Though I admit as some point it would be neat to add an AoY admiralty campaign. LOTS of temporal shenanigans missions :).
  • Options
    nikeix wrote: »
    You might do better with lower expectations.

I'm looking forward to maybe a costume, maybe a 1701 admiralty card, -OR- maybe some Doffs.

With the costume being the least likely.

Basically stuff that doesn't represent a huge development outlay. Because the bottom line is whatever it is, I'z getting it for free.

Though I admit as some point it would be neat to add an AoY admiralty campaign. LOTS of temporal shenanigans missions :).

This sounds more like what they will do.

• Options
    tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    Another option may be a T6 Ambassador for a "Temporal Ambasador" rerun...

I know... more wishful thinking, but it's kind of fun bouncing stuff around to see what sticks...
  • Options
    discojerdiscojer Member Posts: 533 Arc User
    steaen wrote: »
    They are going to do SOMETHING to mark this, right?

I'd kind of expected some kind of announcement or hint or dev blog or something to suggest that they aren't going to just ignore this occasion by now.

You'd think, but then you would think they would have announced the launch date for the console version more than a week ahead (not even a whole week, even).

Maybe things are different on the PS4, but in past eras, games were usually done and uploaded to PSN a month or so before the actual release date (which also lets reviewers play the games ahead of time).

Too much lead time can be a problem, people can get tired of waiting and the hype evaporates. But releasing a game (or event) with no lead up is also a big problem.
  • Options
    birzarkbirzark Member Posts: 634 Arc User
    Well i asked devs during startrek mission in NY and they said the AOY event was for the 50th anniversary also the console release will be 9/6 2 days before anniversary