test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

WHY DOES IT HAVE TO BE A R&D PROMOTION?!

Comments

• Options
    sovereign010sovereign010 Member Posts: 636 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    because servers and employee paychecks are not run on sunshine and unicorn f.arts​​

yes thats true. and because the normal game store sales can no longer sustain the game they should sell everything in lock boxes going forward.

and im laughing so hard right now at the peopel who said there would never be an end game connie. poor @thekodanarmada#7342

Not as hard as I'm laughing at all the TOS fanboys who will be falling over themselves at the chance to get a Connie, regardless of how ridiculously remote their chances will be :D

EDIT: And bonus points if, after going through all that effort to get one, it turns out the Connie sucks. What with the design being 150 years old by that point.
    Post edited by sovereign010 on
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    Well, at least it is possible to get the a T6 TOS style Connie no matter how small the actual chances are of getting it.
  • Options
    wildweasalwildweasal Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    So the exchange Limit is 750 million if memory serves either you have the 750 million you don't I have been waiting for this moment since day one I've got it I'm going to spend...... Yum..... Daddy likes!!!! Oh by the way for all of you who are complaining they could really really really been jerks about this and not released this at all or worse yet make it bind don't pick up (insert evil laugh)
    3ondby_zpsikszslyx.jpg
  • Options
    hereticknight085hereticknight085 Member Posts: 3,783 Arc User
    I really don't get it. People have been clamoring for a T5 connie (and then T6 once the ico war was released) ever since I joined. And from what I've heard, ever since the game first came out.

And now you're getting your T6 connie. WHAT IS UP WITH ALL THE FUSS?

If you're really in desperate need for your T6 connie fix, FIND A WAY. If you're a true connie fan, you'll FIND A WAY.

Cmon guys, they're finally giving you a ship you've wanted for YEARS. Just quit complaining and enjoy the fact that it's soon to be in game.

And if you're like me and hate the connie, excelsior, and most ToS ships, then join me in sitting back and laughing at all these ingrates.
    It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once. B)
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    I really don't get it. People have been clamoring for a T5 connie (and then T6 once the ico war was released) ever since I joined. And from what I've heard, ever since the game first came out.

And now you're getting your T6 connie. WHAT IS UP WITH ALL THE FUSS?

If you're really in desperate need for your T6 connie fix, FIND A WAY. If you're a true connie fan, you'll FIND A WAY.

Cmon guys, they're finally giving you a ship you've wanted for YEARS. Just quit complaining and enjoy the fact that it's soon to be in game.

And if you're like me and hate the connie, excelsior, and most ToS ships, then join me in sitting back and laughing at all these ingrates.

I think they wanted it to be an account unlock C-Store purchase and not pray to the Random Number Gods.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    cuchulainn74cuchulainn74 Member Posts: 831 Arc User
    because servers and employee paychecks are not run on sunshine and unicorn f.arts​​

This. So much this. Get real, people. Here you have without question the most demanded object ever to hit Holodeck. Cryptic are a business, not a charity. This thing will make them more money than any handful of other T6 ships you can name.
    I get it, really I do. It sucks that it won't be easy to have one, if you want one. But that's how free market works, folks.
    What I hope is that this pads huge dollar signs to Cryptic's bottom line. Black ink is the very best thing for the game in this year when it will be getting a lot of attention.
    I don't really want one, but I'll probably open a handful of packs, just for luck. Good luck to all of you who really desperately want one.
    Fleet Admiral CuChulainn - U.S.S. Aegis KT Intel Dreadnought Cruiser
    vGdvFsX.jpg

• Options
    orion0029orion0029 Member Posts: 1,122 Bug Hunter
    Because Promo packs are the best way to distribute rare and desirable ships, its not rocket science!

Umm, I think you mean it's the most profitable way to distribute rare and desireable ships. Which, I suppose from PWE's prospective is the 'best' way...

You dont' work for PWE, do you? ;)

(Lol)
  • Options
    cuchulainn74cuchulainn74 Member Posts: 831 Arc User
    orion0029 wrote: »
    Because Promo packs are the best way to distribute rare and desirable ships, its not rocket science!

Umm, I think you mean it's the most profitable way to distribute rare and desireable ships. Which, I suppose from PWE's prospective is the 'best' way...

(Lol)

It looks like its about time for my semi annual thread on the merits of promo boxes isnt it!

Maybe we can talk Trendy into making it sticky? LOL
    Fleet Admiral CuChulainn - U.S.S. Aegis KT Intel Dreadnought Cruiser
    vGdvFsX.jpg

• Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    Let's say it costs a billion EC. Well, I calculate that to be around $100. Of course you can reduce this if you already have some. If this is THE must have item for you then I say it's worth spending your EC reserves and adding whatever cash is necessary to make the difference. It's a special limited thing just like the alternate universe ships. The corporations were moved (to cash in) on the anniversary. So celebrate and enjoy. That is my advice.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    orion0029orion0029 Member Posts: 1,122 Bug Hunter

(Lol)

It looks like its about time for my semi annual thread on the merits of promo boxes isnt it!

<Sarcasm>
    Oh, yes. Please do, it's about that time of year when reruns dominate the airwaves...
    </Sarcasm>

Seriously, I am well aware that these kind of promotions are beneficial to game health. I'm just moderately bothered that Cryptic has broken from their pattern of using desireable Alien designs and have gone and put some of the MOST ICONIC Star Trek ships into a limited time gamble promotion. :(
  • Options
    Seriously, I am well aware that these kind of promotions are beneficial to game health. I'm just moderately bothered that Cryptic has broken from their pattern of using desireable Alien designs and have gone and put some of the MOST ICONIC Star Trek ships into a limited time gamble promotion. :(

50th Anniversary of Star Trek coming up. What other ships would you recommend for a Promo event that are as iconic as the triumverate of TOS ships? The Gorn ship wasn't that iconic and only appeared in the remastered version with CGI. Same goes for the Orion ship. The Fesarius would be too big. And I don't think we'll get a T6 Green Hand.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    talasivaritalasivari Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    talasivari wrote: »
    nikephorus wrote: »
    valoreah wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure now that they are releasing the T6 constitution that the entire excuse about cbs saying no was bs.

Yeah, Cryptic decided "let's turn down a huge ****pile of money because we can." Makes total sense.

They will make more money from this pack ****.

I don't think so - not over the amount of time they could have been selling. 6+ years is a big sales window vs two weeks.

Sounds to me like Cryptic got CBS to shift their position a little.
    They will make more from this pack and it's re-releases then from putting in the store... FROM NOW ON. Nobody was talking about the previous 6 years because as you said, presumably it wasn't allowed.

Oh, yes. If we're only talking about a limited time - narrow window, from now on will net more profit as a lockbox or a R & D pack, no doubts.

That's why I don't credit this conspiracy theory that Cryptic had permission 6+ years ago and just refused to release it out of spite.

Now, if someone said that Cryptic had limited permission a year ago, and they were BS-ing in order to save the T6 Connie for the anniversary, I'd believe that.
    Urtlolev of the Andorian Imperial Fleet
  • Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    I'm not fully happy to see it in a R&D box either. But I will get a few to open. If I get one, I will be very happy. If not, I will continue on to get the Geneva. At least I tried to get it.

Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    So, the R&D packs I was thinking about buying to get some mats for upgrading 23c stuff for my AoY toon will soon have a chance of also giving me a ship that will likely be the most expensive one in the game ?

Bring it on ! ! !
    LTS and loving it.
    Ariotex.png
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    I'll be happy to sell the R&D packs in the C-Store.

Who knows? Maybe I'll open a few just for the "thrill". Gotta take a look at the Lobi Store again though.
  • Options
    chozoelder2ndchozoelder2nd Member Posts: 440 Arc User
    arionisa wrote: »
    So, the R&D packs I was thinking about buying to get some mats for upgrading 23c stuff for my AoY toon will soon have a chance of also giving me a ship that will likely be the most expensive one in the game ?

Bring it on ! ! !

If only everyone shared your sentiment.
    SP9Pu.gif
  • Options
    trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    I kind of feel this R&D pack is a jump the gun measure. With Junior Officer Weekend coming up. I would have re-arranged all this to where doff packs went on sale for that and the R&D sale would have happened during the R&D weekend next month. Or even the week before. But that's just me tossing common sense on to placing an pack on sale, right before or during it's corresponding event.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    ZFXF16c.jpg​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    trennan wrote: »
    I kind of eel this R&D pack is a jump the gun measure. With Junior Officer Weekend coming up. I would have re-arranged all this to where doff packs went on sale for that and the R&D sale would have happened during the R&D weekend next month. Or even the week before. But that's just me tossing common sense on to placing an pack on sale, right before or during it's corresponding event.

I think the duration of this Promo goes right through the day of the Anniversary.
  • Options
    spacebaronlinespacebaronline Member Posts: 1,103 Arc User
    Why?? Because odds are 1/100 that is 25,000 Zen or $250 us dollars for an character bound pixel item. That is 'why'
  • Options
    The odds do not increase with each pack. So there is no fixed amount that will get you a Connie. Except for ECs when people start selling them. You could get one on your very first try, or you may not get one out of 200 packs. It is all up to the Random Number Gods.
  • Options
    chozoelder2ndchozoelder2nd Member Posts: 440 Arc User
    iconians wrote: »
    ZFXF16c.jpg​​

Dear Lord, iconians. That's the second time today that you got me in knee-slapping laughter.
    SP9Pu.gif
  • Options
    And once again I cannot see imgur linked images on the forums. WTF!
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    iconians wrote: »
    ZFXF16c.jpg

Dear Lord, iconians. That's the second time today that you got me in knee-slapping laughter.

zBwHPu8.gif

Servers down, I got nothin' better to do.​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User
    CBS has been resistant to the idea of a T6 Connie since the T6 ships were introduced, so likely the rarity of these is the only way that Cryptic could convince them to allow it. Be happy that they exist at all, because until now, it just wasn't going to happen. Use Dilithium to get Zen, or save up EC to buy one on the exchange (which will likely be expensive, but still you can guarantee that you get one that way). Both are alternatives to spending real world cash on this.

I'm pretty sure now that they are releasing the T6 constitution that the entire excuse about cbs saying no was bs.

as I said, CBS is full of comic book guy neckbeards with sticks up their behind.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg