test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Kelvin Admiral Uniform

Does anyone know if they're gonna put the kelvin admiral uniform in the zen store? Only reason I ask, is that I was homeless and didn't have my computer at the time of the giveaway and missed it. Very upset about it. I don't really want to use my 500 monthly zen on it since it was free, but I really want that uniform. If a cryptic admin or dev see's this, could you please tell me? I'm very sorry about making a post, but I am very upset about it. Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    Mmmm homeless but has a LTS.... :confused:
  • Options
    bwleon7bwleon7 Member Posts: 310 Arc User

Not sure what you mean by this. I bought my LTS 3 or 4 years ago and if i became homeless tomorrow I would be homeless with an LTS. Having an LTS does not mean life can't take a turn for the worse after.

Also could have been a short time being homeless if one lease ended before your new one started and you had to crash on a buddies house or at a shelter for a few days.

Dr. Miranda Jones: I understand, Mr. Spock. The glory of creation is in its infinite diversity.
    Mr. Spock: And the ways our differences combine, to create meaning and beauty.

-Star Trek: Is There in Truth No Beauty? (1968)
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,047 Community Moderator
    As far as I know there are no plans to make the uniform available again. It was kinda a promo thing around the release of Beyond. They might do it again when it comes out on DVD, but that's months away.

And sorry batman, but that did kinda come across as rude.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    peetapipmacpeetapipmac Member Posts: 2,131 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    bwleon7 wrote: »

Not sure what you mean by this. I bought my LTS 3 or 4 years ago and if i became homeless tomorrow I would be homeless with an LTS. Having an LTS does not mean life can't take a turn for the worse after.

Also could have been a short time being homeless if one lease ended before your new one started and you had to crash on a buddies house or at a shelter for a few days.

I think people tend to have a very narrow idea of what being homeless actually means. It is not always being an unwashed begger rummaging in trash cans and sleeping in doorways.

Here in Ireland we have something of a housing crisis that results in many whole families technically being homeless even though they may have been living a year or longer in hotels, hostels or as happened with someone I know, living out of a friends living room for more then six months.
    It's not my fault if you feel trolled by my Disco ball... Sorry'boutit.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
  • Options
    scarlingscarling Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    Proof STO is making people homeless?
  • Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    Does anyone know if they're gonna put the kelvin admiral uniform in the zen store? Only reason I ask, is that I was homeless and didn't have my computer at the time of the giveaway and missed it. Very upset about it. I don't really want to use my 500 monthly zen on it since it was free, but I really want that uniform. If a cryptic admin or dev see's this, could you please tell me? I'm very sorry about making a post, but I am very upset about it. Thank you.

if it softens the blow any, none of the rank options on it actually show up except Admiral.
  • Options
    alexraptorralexraptorr Member Posts: 1,192 Arc User
    Sadly I don't see it as very likely, considering Cryptic has been keeping a rather strict trend the last couple of years of Time-Limited exclusives being exclusive.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid." - Q
  • Options
    nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
    If we're really lucky they'll offer it again over ComicCon weekend next year so I can miss it again :'(;).
  • Options
    theotherscotty#9105 theotherscotty Member Posts: 385 Arc User
    So it was just for that limited time? Well, that explains why I wasn't seeing it in the C-store. Great. I was away from the game for a while and didn't know about it, so now I'll probably never get it unless they release it again later.
  • Options
    ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,449 Arc User
    If anything, it might pop up again during a giveaway.
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
  • Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    It was a special give away when Beyond came out. Its hard to tell IF it will ever come back.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    scarling wrote: »
    Proof STO is making people homeless?

No. Proof STO is making people gornless. ;)

I did manage to get the Kelvin admiral uniform during the giveaway, but it would be nice if they made it permanently available at some point for people who missed it.

But.....they'll probably make it bound to a single character and put it in the dilithium store for like, millions of dil. :|
  • Options
    ^ I wouldn't put it past them to do just that.
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,113 Arc User
    if it softens the blow any, none of the rank options on it actually show up except Admiral.

Perhaps that's why it's specifically called a 'Admiral's Uniform'? ;)
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    They do giveaways and promos all the time, I wouldn't be surprised if it shows up again.​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,047 Community Moderator

Except you can color it to look like the dress greys they had as well, and maybe even those red/orange academy uniforms.
    iconians wrote: »
    They do giveaways and promos all the time, I wouldn't be surprised if it shows up again.​​

Still waiting on the return of the Kamarag Retrofit like they did the Ambassador. The Kamarag Retro was my baby for a long time on my KDF.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    Kelvin admiral uniform is kinda blah. You're not missing anything really.
  • Options
    They need to fix the rank set.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,571 Arc User
    How long did it take them to fix the Leeta Uniform that people paid money for? This was a free uniform.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    Free or not, it offers a full rank set, yet it not only has the names of the Bajoran ranks other than Admiral, but only has one visible rank insignia and that is again Admiral. Our other Admiral uniforms have fully functional rank sets.

As for the Leeta shorts... they did fix them, then they broke again but I believe they are fixed again.
  • Options
    Rhetorical question.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    geekysoldiergeekysoldier Member Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Interestingly enough, my Kelvin Admiral uniform also includes the General, Major General and Brigadier General shoulder boards from the Bajoran uniform
    DMoNDoR.jpg
  • Options
    commadersetekcommadersetek Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    I'm guessing they could put it into the lobi store. But they might not actually make it available again. Sorry. But they did say more stuff is coming! Maybe Kelvin Timeline stuff or maybe not. But stay tuned and check the news. :smile:
  • Options
    snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    How come we never got the KELVAN uniform too? There was this really engaging thread awhile back allllll about the Kelvans.

;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1

then why offer the other ranks at all
  • Options
    Because they borked it up.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    chozoelder2ndchozoelder2nd Member Posts: 440 Arc User
    How come we never got the KELVAN uniform too? There was this really engaging thread awhile back allllll about the Kelvans.

;)

lol I remember that.
    SP9Pu.gif
  • Options
    commanderkassycommanderkassy Member Posts: 1,005 Arc User
    edited August 2016

Word. It was a long time before STO was even a twinkle in someone's eye, but my house burned down when I was 14. I spent 6 years homeless, but still managed to go to school. No one at school knew I had just as much chance of sleeping in an unpowered and freezing trailer as in a grassy field, both of which were often true.

**** happens.

♪ I'm going around not in circles but in spirographs.
    It's pretty much this hard to keep just one timeline intact. ♪
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User

Word. It was a long time before STO was even a twinkle in someone's eye, but my house burned down when I was 14. I spent 6 years homeless, but still managed to go to school. No one at school knew I had just as much chance of sleeping in an unpowered and freezing trailer as in a grassy field, both of which were often true.

^^ Respect!
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    Damn, that sucks. I was homeless for 5 years (while working off and on and barely scraping by), so I know where you're coming from on that. Sleeping "rough" (outdoors exposed to the elements) was no fun.