test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Trendy says you can get the holo boffs WITHOUT going to STLV!!!

all you have to do is send her a pic of you wearing a uniform at at any sci fi convention!!!

Go to a convention. Take picture of self to show you went. Send to lizard. Receive code. ???? Profit.

As I understand, Europeans like celebrating at conventions too! Like Fedcon for example!

Go to sci fi convention. Wear uniform. Get all the orions. Plus code.

https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/4w0tb6/want_this_but_wont_get_it_since_im_not_going_to/d63avey

Comments

• Options
    risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    She also said she was pretty sure she's not a lizard. I don't know what to believe anymore...
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    since she doesn't specify WHICH uniform, does that mean you can wear anything classed as one, including RL military ones?​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    It's too bad I'm not really the social kind of person. I thought the deal was that, if you are glued to your computer all day like I am, you could get anything you want. Do I really have to go out and be among other people now to get these? :/

• Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Can I post a pic from 1981?
    I also have a couple of polaroid's from the 1972 Con in NYC...
    But they aren't really public kinda material.
    I do have Spock Ears on though...
    B)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    I don't have a uniform that fits anymore. Old TNG halloween costume from the 90s. I DO have the Collector's Edition of STO with the badge though.

But I'd probably have to wait until next year's Sakuracon, although I doubt that counts either unless I get a pic of me and a few sci fi cosplays. Saw a couple guys dressed as two versions of The Doctor while I was there this year.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    kshoekshoe Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Hopefully my TNG hoodie is good enough.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    You sure its not Godzilla coming for Child Support Crash? ;)
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    scarlingscarling Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    Shoot, I'm not enough of a hardcore nerd. O well.
  • Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    well at least they made it a general thing that most trek fans can get at... I still remain in the 'cannot get' catagory tho :/ Last con I went to was in the early 90s and I wouldnt know where to find those actual physical photos anymore anyway
  • Options
    taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Never owned a Trek uniform.
    But hot damn, that leather away jacket from Beyond is going to be sold to the public.
    Like whhhhhhhat !

Its frikken slick.

PS: I don't care for the trinkets. Just want that badass jacket.
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    I told the german police on my way to the fed-con that technically I’m just wearing a Na'kuhl outfit from Star Trek Enterprise.

Would my arrest photo still qualify me here? I really wanted to get there you know…
    Post edited by peterconnorfirst on
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    I wish I still had my pics from tne Con days, Lets see SF uniform Bajoran, Klingon, I wouldn't know which pics to send anyway.
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
  • Options
    fiberteksyfirfiberteksyfir Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Dayem yeah. Thats goin back 15 years at least for me last time i went to a con probably closer to 20. Met Robert Picardo, man that was a thrill (seriously hes a great person). I highly doubt im fitting in that outfit ever again heh if i even still have it. Can we make a sacrificial offering to trendy instead :) ?

Edited: looked like i was whining :) not my intention at all
    Post edited by fiberteksyfir on
  • Options
    burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    Bah...I'd love the swag but some of us are limited to places they can go irl by pesky meat defects (which is a joy to how many games now have a social component that require you to, well, be able to move (I -love- games where you can get items from moving in the world..not)

If I get bored I'll have to try making my own set​​
  • Options
    jtoon74jtoon74 Member Posts: 409 Arc User
    So those of us that can't get to Las vegas and aren't a little sad, can sod off then?.
  • Options
    bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    I will send her a pic of me in my official BK uniform, and BKcon later today. I never get to go to actual conventions, as I am too busy making cash to buy zen with.​​
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • Options
    snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    So awesome! Now my plan is to go to Cherry Hill at the end of the month (since I work like 5 minutes away). And get a pic!

Now to find a uniform. Hmmmmm.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    She never said Star Trek uniform. So i can use my work uniform? And any convention? Like Republican National Convention?
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    I'm out either way. I've never been to anything that even qualifies as a convention. So I guess I'm SooL for convention things.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    sanokskyratsanokskyrat Member Posts: 479 Media Corps
    If its a new give away can we all get the doctor to unlock please!
    1368747308047.cached_zpsl4joalbs.jpg
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    What messaging service is preferred to accomplish this task. I tried the forum mail system. Is twitter better?
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    Dayem yeah. Thats goin back 15 years at least for me last time i went to a con probably closer to 20. Met Robert Picardo, man that was a thrill (seriously hes a great person). I highly doubt im fitting in that outfit ever again heh if i even still have it. Can we make a sacrificial offering to trendy instead :) ?

Edited: looked like i was whining :) not my intention at all

Last one I could show would be one that had Koeing, Takei, and Nichols. On the upside they totally loved our TWoK uniforms and said they were the closest they'd seen to the ones they wore.... Thats when we found out theirs were WOOL and the set was at like 60f so the actors didnt overheat in those things. Also they were wearing full turtleneck sweaters under the jackets, we chose a 'fake out' with just the collar and neck area.

Then again we're from florida... wool and full length sweaters were NEVER gonna happen
  • Options
    chozoelder2ndchozoelder2nd Member Posts: 440 Arc User
    well at least they made it a general thing that most trek fans can get at... I still remain in the 'cannot get' catagory tho :/
    azrael605 wrote: »
    Shame that I've never been to a convention nor own a uniform of any kind I guess I'm still out of luck. No worries though.

Me too. A darn shame. I really would've liked having Spock and Bones. I sympathize with the bigger TOS fans than me that also don't qualify.
    SP9Pu.gif
  • Options
    officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    Id rather have the Robert Picardo Boff.