What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

T6 Discovery! How would you Build it?

13»

Comments

• Options
    purplesplatpurplesplat Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    Should probably wait to see what the final ship is going to look like. There was a lot of push back on them selecting a design that was originally rejected by Gene in the first place. It was some sort of hybrid between the Constitution Class and the Star Destroyer.

A ship should look good (Unlike the Enterprise J)... people don't want something that looks like the TRIBBLE love child of Kirk and Darth Vader.
  • Options
    fovrelfovrel Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    At least it looks like a solid ship, something that can bite. Not like most ships with arms, legs, struts, attached to it in a way they will break of when you make a sharp turn. A Man of War. I will set up and fly it as the Kamarag. I am going to buy it.
  • Options
    talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    Here's a much better design from Star Trek Star fleet command 2:

AllianceShot3362.jpg
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    talonxv wrote: »

AllianceShot3362.jpg

Give that a combo ENT/TOS makeover and I could get behind it, not crazy about it but it's 1000 times better than what they've shown already
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    cross821cross821 Member Posts: 185 Arc User

AllianceShot3362.jpg

That looks MUCH better then what they are showing.
  • Options
    kekvinkekvin Member Posts: 633 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Id love the F-DN in sto. As well as the F-BB. I wonder who holds the rights oh and they have said the uss discovery is a WIP. So it might change
  • Options
    snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    edited July 2016

AllianceShot3362.jpg

As has been said of the Discovery teaser: The graphics resolution on that is extremely basic and unfinished. Why would you show something so rudimentary in public like that? Yuck!

;)

BUT ... if say tomorrow CBS shifted its design completely and went with something like that, and that's the USS Discovery ...

How would you build it out?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User

AllianceShot3362.jpg

As has been said of the Discovery teaser: The graphics resolution on that is extremely basic and unfinished. Why would you show something so rudimentary in public like that? Yuck!

;)

BUT ... if say tomorrow CBS shifted its design completely and went with something like that, and that's the USS Discovery ...

How would you build it out?

Probably a 4/4 temporal cruiser.

5/2/3 console layout

Boffs, well Not so good with the boff layout but probably Ensign universal temporal, Universal LTcmdr, LT tactical, Commander Engineering(temporal), LT Science.

Though that boff layout might be a tad OP so if someone wants to tweak it, all ears.

Far as abilities, you're guess is as good as mine. But the layout of the ship FAR superior than the wreck they had in the promo.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • Options
    xanderkentxanderkent Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    I would rather make love to a chain saw than captain that thing... I'm not into it at all. I hope it gets good stats for those who would like to fly it though.
    If you set a man a fire he will be warm for a night. If you a man on fire he will be warm for the rest of his life.
  • Options
    breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    I'd go with a Battlecruiser of some sort, since it looks like a kitbash between Federation and Klingon design... oddly more Klingon than Federation, at least to my eyes. Eye of the beholder and all that, though.
    xanderkent wrote: »
    I would rather make love to a chain saw than captain that thing... I'm not into it at all. I hope it gets good stats for those who would like to fly it though.

<Insert chainsaw pun about using its teeth here>
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • Options
    ussinterceptussintercept Member Posts: 627 Arc User
    When I first saw that thing I thought someone had kitbashed a Connie with a D7.

Im personally not a fan of it. Whomever designed it either doesnt have a solid grasp of Federation ship design or their is some sort of back story reason why the ship has Klingon design elements. The music playing while the ship leaves the drydock is another reason why the whole Klingon thing keeps playing in the back of my mind.
  • Options
    When I first saw that thing I thought someone had kitbashed a Connie with a D7.

Im personally not a fan of it. Whomever designed it either doesnt have a solid grasp of Federation ship design or their is some sort of back story reason why the ship has Klingon design elements. The music playing while the ship leaves the drydock is another reason why the whole Klingon thing keeps playing in the back of my mind.

I think there may be a Klingon element to this. Or something. The previous teaser had used the phrase "new crews" plural. And Bryan Fuller stated that was intentional, but didn't go into detail.

So let's say that's true. That this is a hybrid ship with multiple crews involved.

How would you build that out? It might be kind of interesting from an STO perspective since it could be the same model but be cross-faction. Kind of like the 31st century ships but not 31st century ships.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    edited July 2016
    The more people are hatin this thing, the more I find I want it in game....

as for the idea of it being a klink/fed hybrid hmm
    Prolly give it an Eng/Tac focus then a bit more battle to it and a Command Spec seating(yes I know command powers blow) and a 4/3 weapons layout since klinks hate showing their back.
  • Options
    firstaid#5667 firstaid Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    Last thing we need is another battlecruiser. I'd love to see more science-heavy cruisers in game.
  • Options
    bawdytieflingbawdytiefling Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    So we've seen the new ship in a teaser at SDCC.

And we've heard Geko talk about Cryptic's desire to get the new show into the game, though that may take some time due to scheduling.

Thus we know that the potential to have this ship in the game is high!

How would you build it? Is it a cruiser? (Looks like one to me).
    Is it a command cruiser? Would you put a different special jawn on it? Intelligence? Temporal? Something new entirely?
    What kind of seating would you put in it?

I know this is likely premature, because we'd need to see more of the show to determine some stuff (like special console, cannon capabilities, hangar pets, etc).

But let's start dreaming up ways this new ship could work in STO! Then at least see who guesses right!

As much as I appreciate your positivity, OP, I think the Discovery they showed us at the convention was a swing and a miss. Rather than figuring out the best way to 'build' it, I think it's in our best interest to shove it down the Planetkiller's maw and come up with a better looking, more functional looking ship (seriously, it looks like the saucer is just going to snap off the moment it goes to warp) before the show premieres in 2017.
  • Options
    So we've seen the new ship in a teaser at SDCC.

And we've heard Geko talk about Cryptic's desire to get the new show into the game, though that may take some time due to scheduling.

Thus we know that the potential to have this ship in the game is high!

How would you build it? Is it a cruiser? (Looks like one to me).
    Is it a command cruiser? Would you put a different special jawn on it? Intelligence? Temporal? Something new entirely?
    What kind of seating would you put in it?

I know this is likely premature, because we'd need to see more of the show to determine some stuff (like special console, cannon capabilities, hangar pets, etc).

But let's start dreaming up ways this new ship could work in STO! Then at least see who guesses right!

As much as I appreciate your positivity, OP, I think the Discovery they showed us at the convention was a swing and a miss. Rather than figuring out the best way to 'build' it, I think it's in our best interest to shove it down the Planetkiller's maw and come up with a better looking, more functional looking ship (seriously, it looks like the saucer is just going to snap off the moment it goes to warp) before the show premieres in 2017.

Bryan Fuller is on twitter. So you can try to get him to listen.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    huskerklghuskerklg Member Posts: 561 Arc User
    Would not. Not unless it was based on a series set right after Undiscovered Country, and it is a Federation / Klingon experiemental co-operative mission. Because other than that, the design makes no sense.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    flight deck sci seems like a good plan to me. :p
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    flight deck sci seems like a good plan to me. :p

another one of those could be fun.
  • Options
    capnmanxcapnmanx Member Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    With that big hanger door, my first thought was flight deck cruiser; but since the Orions don't have a T6 one of those, there isn't anything I can hold up and say 'kinda like this'... so I'm honestly at a loss when it comes to a build. Although it does make me imagine a cross faction three pack of T6 FD cruisers, so I still think it's a worth while thought.
  • Options
    trygvar13trygvar13 Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    It looks to me like a cross between a Federation starship and a Klingon battlecruiser to me. I'm wondering if the show will be taking place at a point in history after the Klingons join the Federation.

It was confirmed that the timeline is between Star Trek VI and the The Next Generation. The ship is obviously a Klingon-Federation hybrid. Even the music in the teaser is screaming Klingon! The first time I saw it I thought it was ugly. After a few times it started growing on me.
    Dahar Master Qor'aS
  • Options
    trygvar13 wrote: »
    It looks to me like a cross between a Federation starship and a Klingon battlecruiser to me. I'm wondering if the show will be taking place at a point in history after the Klingons join the Federation.

It was confirmed that the timeline is between Star Trek VI and the The Next Generation. The ship is obviously a Klingon-Federation hybrid. Even the music in the teaser is screaming Klingon! The first time I saw it I thought it was ugly. After a few times it started growing on me.

It was denied by Bryan Fuller that the timelines is between STVI and TNG:
    I mean, it's funny. I've read that we're [set] before "Next Generation," after ["Star Trek VI: The] Undiscovered Country," which is false.

Dude running the show says that is false. Going to have to cede that point to him until we can all see the pilot.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    sadorsador Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    sonsofcain wrote: »
    **** getting it in-game. Someone needs to start a change.org petition to abort this abomination.

The saucer looks fine. Nice even. But the secondary hull is horrific and will NEVER forgive them for using 1950s era Chrysler tail fins for nacelles. I have seen better and more interesting ship designs used as one offs and never seen again.

It's either fake, and we'll see the real one later or it's real, which shows the amount of effort going into the new series and it will probably suffer a shorter, and more unmourned, death than Enterprise.