test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What other Dilithium sinks can be added to the game

What would be some more dilithium sinks that you think cryptic has in the works. After upgrading my new AOY toon I sunk millions of ec and about 600k dilithium. But this is temporary as these new toons will be upgraded over the next short while. The exchange has already responded and at 393/1 contraband Nerf probably will add to that, but I can see it going up again.

So what major sinks do you see coming? Or perhaps you think there will be more dilithium nerfs?

Maybe T6 level starbases? With customizable living quarters for your character? Sleep for 8 game hours and gain a 20% boost to powers. Calll it the "well rested" bonus. maybe colonize a planet that you base moves to?

I am betting more sinks are coming? But what will they be?

Comments

• gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    How about pricing the new consumables in the dill store something worth it?

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    I would like a station just for our AOY. So they can go to. For secret stuff.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • trejgontrejgon Member Posts: 323 Arc User
    how about instead of introducing even more redundant and short tem dilithium sinks, actually update whole dilithium system to meet modern standards and solve the issue at its core?

The_Science_Channel_Signature_Gen_2_-_Elenortirie_xSmall.png
  • angrybobhangrybobh Member Posts: 420 Arc User
    I believe that if they had something small, consumable, and worth it, that sold for a very small amount (like 200-300 dil) it could sink a bunch of dil continuously. The whole problem with Cryptics micro-transaction system is that they deleted the micro. Micro-transactions work because most people don't think about the small purchases they make many times over. I'm not sure what the items should be, perhaps a simple 1 queue/mission combat/damage boost, but it does have to be desirable and perceived as a good deal.

I would also like to see an expansion of the fleet system that included some MK XIV items possibly even some epic quality stuff. Even with the need to develop a whole new holding for a fleet and provisioning for these items, and then paying a high price for them, I would prefer this to the upgrade system. This would sink more of my dil and I'm fairly sure there are others like me out there.
  • thekodanarmada#7342 thekodanarmada Member Posts: 1,631 Arc User
    How about you wait until you see what the impact is from changes just added, eh?
    DInb0Vo.gif[/url][/center]
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    -New or expanded fleet holdings
    -Player housing
    -Expensive cosmetic items
    -"Finish now" buttons on various timed things

The usual.
  • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    - Ship damage requires refined Dil to repair at the shipyard. The more severe the damage, the more dil it costs to initiate the repair. This only affects those who play Advanced or Elite queue missions. It is possible that the Dil cost to repair the ship can exceed the amount of Dil rewarded by the queue missions.

- Those various "components" used to repair ships now costs Dil to purchase. However, purchasing them will cost less than going to the shipyard for repairs.

- Reduce Dil given for completing / replaying story missions.

- Reduce Dil rewarded by the Admiralty system.

- Spotlight Foundry missions rewards a maximum of 1680 Dil once every 20 hours.

- Regular Foundry missions have a max reward of 420 Dil once every 20 hours.

- Forced Labor Camp mission takes 6 hours to complete instead of 4 hours.

- Forced Labor Requisition mission takes 10 hours to complete instead of 8 hours.

- Consign Prisoners to Colonial Labor Battalion mission takes 5 hours to complete instead of 2 hours.

- Pi Canis Sortie Alpha and Bravo missions have 20 hour cooldown instead of 30 minutes.

- Only to be used in dire situations.... reduce refinement cap down to either 7k or 6k per day.
  • ssbn655ssbn655 Member Posts: 1,894 Arc User
    What would be some more dilithium sinks that you think cryptic has in the works. After upgrading my new AOY toon I sunk millions of ec and about 600k dilithium. But this is temporary as these new toons will be upgraded over the next short while. The exchange has already responded and at 393/1 contraband Nerf probably will add to that, but I can see it going up again.

So what major sinks do you see coming? Or perhaps you think there will be more dilithium nerfs?

Maybe T6 level starbases? With customizable living quarters for your character? Sleep for 8 game hours and gain a 20% boost to powers. Calll it the "well rested" bonus. maybe colonize a planet that you base moves to?

Problem isn't Dilthium sinks but the refining cap. Up that cap and excess dilth will go away fast. I get more in a day then I can refine in a week.
    ssbn655 wrote: »

Problem isn't Dilthium sinks but the refining cap. Up that cap and excess dilth will go away fast. I get more in a day then I can refine in a week.

That's not what excess dilithium means.
  • ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,450 Arc User
    Something else to consider... Make donating dil to fleet projects more worthwhile. The current exchange rate is 1 dil = 1 fleet credit. Why not increase the payout to something like 3 or 5 FCs per dil donated?
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
  • sylveriareldensylveriarelden Member Posts: 531 Arc User
    ssbn655 wrote: »

This whole argument (Refine Cap versus Ease of Acquisition) really gives me a headache.

Much like the Chicken vs Egg debate... both are problematic, which logic would conclude the problem is the Dilithium system itself, not the method of usage. So remove the Dilithium system, make it all EC for in-game items and Zen for the C-Store ("extras" people want) with real cash, and voila!, the problem is solved.

Of course, they're not going to do that- so we're going to see these threads until they shut down the servers.
    It's not you- it's me. I just need my space.

Being critical doesn't take skill. Being constructively critical- which is providing alternative solutions or suggestions to a demonstrated problem, however, does.
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    I would pay 1 million dilithium EACH for the following

* Ability to target players on any map (60 minute ability limit)
    * Buy a ground device that (when activated) forces all friendly player characters to face and salute my character (Credit: Crosis)
    * New character unlock (instead of account wide to maximize sink effect) outfits from the dilithium store (Obsidian Order Uniform etc.)
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • born2bwild1born2bwild1 Member Posts: 1,329 Arc User
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    One use borg cubes...for 1 mil dil. That should crash the market sufficently.

Borg Cubes might be coming in the next lock box!!
  • ichaerus1ichaerus1 Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    How's about transferring all the lobi store costumes and "themed gear" to the appropriate reputations, gate them to T5, make them Bind to Character for the price of dilithium? Elachi to Romulan, Herald to Iconian, Voth Soldier Outfit to Dyson, Undine to 8472, Vaudwaar to Delta, for example?
  • shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,026 Arc User
    ichaerus1 wrote: »
    How's about transferring all the lobi store costumes and "themed gear" to the appropriate reputations, gate them to T5, make them Bind to Character for the price of dilithium? Elachi to Romulan, Herald to Iconian, Voth Soldier Outfit to Dyson, Undine to 8472, Vaudwaar to Delta, for example?
    Yes, this is exactly the kind of thing I've been saying for a while (it also ties into the fact that the existence of the Lobi Consortium itself is, as noted in various other threads, hard to justify in terms of lore). And it's not like there's no precedent for this sort of thing - just look at the Task Force Omega rep store!

As for cosmetic items: again, now that ship visual slots exist, just think of the possibilities there. Cases in point as 'shield-visual-slot-only' items: 'v2' Imperial regalia (white w/red accents) for Federation ships; spook hull patterns (from the dedicated intel ships); and even the Vengeance's distinct 'material'...
  • thevampinatorthevampinator Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    They have recently added several items from lobi store to dil store. But yeah they could make it where you can get costumes with dill. But not if you have a teir five in anything. But maybe it would cost like 100000 dill for each costume. But cheaper getting the costume with lobi. It could work.
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,980 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Cardassian tailor on DS9, offering existing but presently inaccessible tailor options (ex. Scientist Jacket, Ocampa, Hazari, never released MACO, Omega, Honor Guard variants) for dilithium.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • alexvio1alexvio1 Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    What can be a sink? Sell discontinued items for insane prices in dilithium and EC. For example: summer, winter and other event ships, items from CC, mirror and breach events, the nagus ship (ok, in that case they can add latinum to the price). Too much can be added to the game a sink. Also they can add a lottery. I don't see any reasons why this can't be added to the game, they just don't want to do it because too much simpler increase cooldown for the contraband turn in mission.
  • ssbn655ssbn655 Member Posts: 1,894 Arc User
    Have to refuel every 5 light years.​​

Yeah really? So you want to really hamper new players who have no dilith and restrict them to thier starting area right? Great way to drive new players away.
  • anitonenanitonen Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    Yes, this is exactly the kind of thing I've been saying for a while (it also ties into the fact that the existence of the Lobi Consortium itself is, as noted in various other threads, hard to justify in terms of lore). And it's not like there's no precedent for this sort of thing - just look at the Task Force Omega rep store!

Or how about making such lobi items available for your characters once another character in the same account gets a Lobi store item? Say for example you purchase a costume *cough*ship*cough* from lobi store on a character using lobi and after your character unpacks/owns it then another character on the same account can also own the same item after paying 1 gazillion dil. (Obviously I have no idea how that might affect the revenue that comes into the game from lock boxes, so just a thought.)

• ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,572 Arc User
    None. We got one of the biggest ones running right now - Upgrade Weekend.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    I would rather see they create something new for us to buy, instead of "transfering" all the stuff we already have.

Even if just recycling existing graphics, the game is still full of NPC-only costume parts that could be put up for sale.
  • kurumimorishitakurumimorishita Member Posts: 1,410 Arc User
    Make weapon mods changeable.. for a hefty amount of dilithium.
    "We might get pretty singed at that range, but not as singed as they're going to get. Engage."
    - Captain Six of Nine aka Ashley "Don't Call Me Ash" Campbell
    q4F10XV.jpg
    ALWAYS OUTNUMBERED, NEVER OUTGUNNED
  • shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,026 Arc User
    warpangel wrote: »
    I would rather see they create something new for us to buy, instead of "transfering" all the stuff we already have.
    This is actually one of those cases where 'both' is an acceptable answer.
    Make weapon mods changeable.. for a hefty amount of dilithium.
    Actually, this segues into discussions elsewhere about applying the ship/console and kit/module logic to weapons and their mod - imagine, by way of example, a CrtH mod usable in any beam or cannon weapon... one could invest dilithium (and the relevant upgrade kits) to bump it up to CrtH2 and eventually CrtH3. And yes, this process would also logically apply to kit modules. For a look at how this could apply to ground weaons (and tricorders), feel free to peruse this.
  • jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    I like the idea of respecs being made for dil. Making them available for dil instead of zen opens them up for more players. It's something a lot of players will want at some point. It would likely see a lot of use from players who like to do a lot of spec experimentation, and not locking it behind real money makes that easier. Costumes, even per-character, are still one-time buys. New players could come in and buy them, yeah, but still only one per toon if they even want that many. Personally I'm avoiding them entirely - not much of a good dil sink if that turns out to be a common response, eh?

I don't know how well respecs sell in the zen store, but it seems to me to be the only thing that is guaranteed to be in demand and continuously drain dil.
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    I think cryptic made a good call adding more special items to the dil store. Old event rewards would be cool and especially more cosmetic unlocks.

The series are full of costumes I’d love to get for my toons.

Time gates as in fleet holdings or any sort of stuff that ads to power creep however I consider bad at this point as the DPS span is already at 410k.

Dil sinks should not only be addressed at min/maxers as they used to but better at the Space-Barbie community as whole. It’s a much wider target group and I bet there is a "must have" 2 mil dil costume around for each and everybody.

Full fleet holding interiors cost easily 1,2mil+ Dil per category. In the future I think it is time to decorate private interiors of ships as well so every RPer can go for it and not only the 0-3 dedicated peeps in each fleet…

animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • darthoricidarthorici Member Posts: 194 Arc User
    i do not know what they were thinking. they want people to keep dill or not. i could see it if it based the price on you dill amount. i am have 50k of dill. but i use some for my fleet i am in or when a ship that has fighter. but to stock up on dill to buy a outfit ids dumb idea.
  • binebanebinebane Member Posts: 557 Arc User
    what about addin EC sink? we have 0 of them now.
  • sylveriareldensylveriarelden Member Posts: 531 Arc User
    Yay to necro thread for Dil sinks. Not.

They added more, and people whined about it- and it didn't help the Dil exchange one bit, still hovering around 400:1.

That said, I don't believe Dil sinks are the issue, it's more meaningful uses for Dilithium that's really the issue here.
    It's not you- it's me. I just need my space.

Being critical doesn't take skill. Being constructively critical- which is providing alternative solutions or suggestions to a demonstrated problem, however, does.
  • fiberteksyfirfiberteksyfir Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Its not a necro thread it was opened on 7/22. Anyways regard to the issue at hand i mean adding unique items for dil isnt a bad thing, if anything the dil store does need more than the abysmally terrible weapons that are in there. Other than that theres nothing of major use. I think the one time use ground trinkets are quite overpriced though, so i dunno i dont see too many people buying them (only the metrics analysts would know thiugh so maybe theyre selling like hotcakes to newer players idk). Anyways the outfits are actually a step in the right direction offering cosmetic shinies for an alternative currency that hasnt been historically used for them, only time (and the metrics) will tell if it is an effective price point. Their intention is obviously for people that either REALLLY want them, OR for people that stockpile dilithium for now because theyve nothing better to do with it. Im glad the dil store is getting SOME love anyways, we'll see where it goes. Expanding that store is a good idea at least, it just needs the right item that EVERYBODY will buy en masse for it to be an effective "sink". One shots like outfits wont sustain long term "sinking" across the entire playerbase.