Install Arc
Options

Kelvin Uniform Giveaway

Comments

• Options
    doogie74doogie74 Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    I'm a hard core Trekkie, so no.

* adjusts his tiara and prances off *

( don't worry, I will always hate it, but will slowly leave off of it as JJTrek just a fad )​​

Just a fad like those cell phones.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    doogie74 wrote: »
    I'm a hard core Trekkie, so no.

* adjusts his tiara and prances off *

( don't worry, I will always hate it, but will slowly leave off of it as JJTrek just a fad )​​

Just a fad like those cell phones.
    Exactly! they were replaced by miniaturized versions, then replaced by tiny touch screen computers. Most people don't use cellphones anymore.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    yreodredyreodred Member Posts: 3,527 Arc User
    Hmm, is it really going to be a usuable uniform, or just a image of it that we can put on the walls of a Fleet Starbase?
    After the "AoY is going to be a full faction like romulans" talk, i don't belive anything they promise.
    "...'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' ... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. I fear that today--" - (TNG) Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie

A tale of two Picards
    (also applies to Star Trek in general)
  • Options
    yreodred wrote: »
    Hmm, is it really going to be a usuable uniform, or just a image of it that we can put on the walls of a Fleet Starbase?
    After the "AoY is going to be a full faction like romulans" talk, i don't belive anything they promise.

I believe they stated that future factions would not be as developed as the romulan faction.
  • Options
    bltrrnbltrrn Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User

I believe they stated that future factions would not be as developed as the romulan faction.

I was not aware that the Romulan faction had been fully developed. :D
    R E M A I N

Tal'Shiar/Reman Resistance/Romulan Nemesis uniform, pls.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7403/13262502435_5604548f2c_o.png
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    bltrrn wrote: »

I was not aware that the Romulan faction had been fully developed. :D

By Cryptics standards, they were fully developed. Besides, I didn't say they Romulan faction was fully developed. I only stated that it is my understanding future factions would not be as developed.
  • Options
    well, if I was to list what I thought "fully developed" meant, NONE of the STO factions would count, not even the Feds.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    It's interesting that some folks still find a reason to complain, even when they are about to get something Completely FREE...

The Cryptic Bashing-Boat sailed a loooong time ago, how bout we get over it and at least attempt, to have an Appearance of Appreciation.
    smh
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    yreodredyreodred Member Posts: 3,527 Arc User
    daveyny wrote: »
    It's interesting that some folks still find a reason to complain, even when they are about to get something Completely FREE...

The Cryptic Bashing-Boat sailed a loooong time ago, how bout we get over it and at least attempt, to have an Appearance of Appreciation.
    smh
    No one's bashing Cryptic.
    I just get suspicious when the same people who made things like AoY, give away things for free.

"...'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' ... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. I fear that today--" - (TNG) Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie

A tale of two Picards
    (also applies to Star Trek in general)
  • Options
    I heard that paranoia is curable these days. :p
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    daveyny wrote: »

smh
    No one's bashing Cryptic.
    I just get suspicious when the same people who made things like AoY, give away things for free.

Rule of Acquisition #47: Never trust a man wearing a better suit than your own.
    Rule of Acquisition #218: Sometimes what you get free costs entirely too much.

It's not paranoia, it's canon. :wink:

Serious version, though... thanks for the free outfit, and also for the advance notice; I may be playing anyway, but it's a nice way of giving us a chance to plan for access during the Giveaway.
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • Options
    farshorefarshore Member Posts: 353 Arc User
    Do we get anything for actually seeing the movie?
  • Options
    officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    Yes. If we mail-in our movie stubs we get 100 JJ Trek points. If you collect 2000 you get an exclusive ultimate fan ship that has yet to be revealed.

Address to mail in your stub is in this link.
    http://www.perfectworld.com/contact

(Sarcasm) :/
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    So, did anybody get the Uniform yet???
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    willamsheridanwillamsheridan Member Posts: 1,189 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Got the Uniform. Doesn't look that good. You can ONLY select the Admirals rank even though we saw Kirk and Spock wearing this uniform Variant. All other Ranks have either no Rank insignia or the Bajoran Generals insignia.

And the shoulder parts also don't look like in the movie, they just look like grey, round buttons.

Even if its a free giveaway, i think they should work on it and give us a better version with all ranks and more details

• Options
    orion0029orion0029 Member Posts: 1,122 Bug Hunter

Really?!? normal-16.gif Gotta look into that... lol.

Anywho, just figured I'd take a moment to say thanks Cryptic for the free goodie! normal-25.gif​​
  • Options
    officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    Bajorian generals rank on the KT admirals uniform you say?

Hmmm....
  • Options
    drazziidrazzii Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    It would have been nice if we got all ranks for this uniform--even if it's supposed to be only for "Admirals". I agree, the buttons at top don't really look like what they looked like in the movie (see below picture).

stid-t5-03.jpg

Hopefully we'll get the uniform variant that Kirk and Spock wore that I would assume would get the other rank options.

Kirk_Spock_Dress_Uniforms-660x439.jpg

All that said, thank you for freebie uniform!
    aV2IRVJ.png
  • Options
    Got the Uniform. Doesn't look that good. You can ONLY select the Admirals rank even though we saw Kirk and Spock wearing this uniform Variant. All other Ranks have either no Rank insignia or the Bajoran Generals insignia.

And the shoulder parts also don't look like in the movie, they just look like grey, round buttons.

Even if its a free giveaway, i think they should work on it and give us a better version with all ranks and more details
    It's kinda weird... It has a drop down list of rank insignia that's pretty long, but most of the options seem to be invisible when applied.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    laertiades975laertiades975 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I have claimed the uniform from the C-Store. I have visited the tailor. But I don't see the uniform at the tailor's. In fact I have never been able to find a free uniform at the tailor. What is the trick? How do you actually WEAR the uniform??!
  • Options
    Did you check the Jacket loose category?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    yeah...cryptic really needs to start listing the uniform pieces you get for buying one, and under which category they are all located

champions does this, so STO needs to start doing it​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    sophia#6343 sophia Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    Thank you for the Kelvin uniform. It looks very nice.
    “The louder he talked of his honor, the faster we counted our spoons.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
  • Options
    pigeonofclaypigeonofclay Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    Just a question. I claimed the jacket on my Romulan toon who has a Federation affiliation, but the jacket does not show up at the tailor. I take it Federated Romulans are not eligible?
  • Options
    Just a question. I claimed the jacket on my Romulan toon who has a Federation affiliation, but the jacket does not show up at the tailor. I take it Federated Romulans are not eligible?
    I think the Kelvin uniform is only for true Feds/TOS. TRy a fed boff to see.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    captain007kirkcaptain007kirk Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Meow
  • Options
    sgtfloydpepper#7911 sgtfloydpepper Member Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    orion0029 wrote: »

Really?!? normal-16.gif Gotta look into that... lol.

Anywho, just figured I'd take a moment to say thanks Cryptic for the free goodie! normal-25.gif​​

Of course there's a cure for paranoia. See:

2vtqnsy.jpg

Not a fan of JJ-Trek, but I love to space barbie, so free uniform = yay!

Anyone see Star Trek: The Farce and the Furious, yet? :D
    1xe027q.png