test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Is it just me or is the Vengeance really popular?

zero2362zero2362 Member Posts: 436 Arc User
Im seeing an awful lot of this ship. Almost every Q and space zone I go to seems to have at least one of them. In fact I cant remember ever seeing so many people flying one specific lobi/lockbox ship before
343rguu.jpg

Comments

• Options
    plaztikman64plaztikman64 Member Posts: 725 Arc User
    It is just you... ;)
  • Options
    preechrsapreechrsa Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    It only stands to reason; after all, JJTrek is the best Trek.
    hzzfzXc.png
    Shutup Wesley: First In Everything
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    I see a ton of them, yes.

I still think I see more Odysseys then anything else, but the Vengeance is definitely popular. It's probably always going to be popular because frankly.. it's an awesome ship. But right now it's at it's height because it's the 'new shiny' that everyone wants.

I'm sure the hype will eventually die down, but I expect it to remain a popular ship. It's basically the Fed version of the Scimitar which is massively popular.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    jade1280jade1280 Member Posts: 868 Arc User
    It doubles as a bottle opener how could it not be popular!
  • Options
    seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    It sure is popular but not at levels we haven't seen before. It's just hard not to notice a Vengeance once it pops in which probably adds to it's popularity.
    It's number will eventually decrease but as of now the combo of being a good ship+newest shiny+relatively easy to get make sure it's all over the place and blocking the view of everything else.
  • Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    I was around ESD most of the weekend with my AOY and Fed main. I only saw like 1 of them. So I don't see them as popular yet. But then again, I'm usually on when most are still in bed. lol
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    Of course it is popular. It is:

1. Admiral RoboCop's ship
    2. Designed by Sherlock Holmes
    3. The ship that almost blew away the USS Abominationprise

I might get one someday, for any of these reasons.
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • Options
    seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    bergins wrote: »

That would explain a whole lot about "our" starfleet's behaivor. :D
  • Options
    bengahlbengahl Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    eh, seeing the vengie so often's no difference when the Scimitars first hit the C-Store.. there were plenty of those bloody green buzzards for a while afterwards let me tell you.

they're the "thing" right now, something shinier will come up and people will move onto that...

i say this with full acknowledgement that i want one, i don't care it's KT, it's like the bigger, much uglier brother of my T6 Battlecruiser. :p
  • Options
    freightstopperfreightstopper Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    More like they want the trait / console.

While I have no interest in the Abomination Timeline ships I must admit the thought of a photon torpedo boat broadsiding anyone daft enough to fly along side is very tempting...

I'm thinking a Romulan / Reman in a Tal Shiar Adapted Battlecruiser, disrupting photon, gravimetric photon, Bio-molecular photon and Terran TF photon torpedoes up front, Heavy Bio-molecular Phaser turret, 1-3 Phased Bio-matter turrets / 0-2 photon mines on the rear + CSV + TS + Broadside emitters on whatever survived... :D
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    farmallm wrote: »
    I was around ESD most of the weekend with my AOY and Fed main. I only saw like 1 of them. So I don't see them as popular yet. But then again, I'm usually on when most are still in bed. lol

Yeah, sometimes I see a ton of them, sometimes hardly any. One thing I will say for STO is that there is no lack of diversity in ships available. Some will always be more popular, but the sheer number of available ships usually keeps the field quite diverse.

I see a bunch of them in sector space, but hardly ever see them in queues.
    More like they want the trait / console.

That's probably true for some, but to be honest.. both are highly over rated. The console is cool, but it really is little more then a neat little gimmick. The broadside volley does a small-medium amount of damage with a pretty long cooldown. The best part of the console is the cooldown reduction to captain skills. The trait is also incredibly over rated because it's yet another Cat 1 damage boost, most people already have so much boost just from tactical consoles alone that the trait provides little to nothing. I don't even use it myself.

I have told anyone who asks, if you buy the Vengeance, buy it because you like the Vengeance. If you just want power and want to kill things fast.. buy an Arbiter. It's cheaper and it's an account unlock with a better trait and console. The Vengeance, set up right can equal or exceed the Arbiter but only by a very small amount. The Arbiter is cheaper and is account wide.

The best reason to buy The Vengeance is because you simply like the ship and want to fly one. At least in my personal opinion. :)
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    bengahlbengahl Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    well yeah sure, i also want the big tank of a thing.. (had the Arbiter for ages, much better looking with the Avenger's saucer section) I mean but seriously? it's a big showy thing and some folks like big showy things. :D
  • Options
    sylveriareldensylveriarelden Member Posts: 531 Arc User
    jade1280 wrote: »
    It doubles as a bottle opener how could it not be popular!

^ This. Totally this.

So I'm not the only one who saw this when they released the ship...
    It's not you- it's me. I just need my space.

Being critical doesn't take skill. Being constructively critical- which is providing alternative solutions or suggestions to a demonstrated problem, however, does.
  • Options
    plaztikman64plaztikman64 Member Posts: 725 Arc User
    Admiral Robocop made my day hahah... now if you'll excuse me, I have to clean my desk and get a fresh cup of coffee ;)
  • Options
    ddplattddplatt Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    Might also be lots of people going after the prise ship from the locked boxes ending up with pocket full of lobi and settling for the vengeance..
  • Options
    redeyedravenredeyedraven Member Posts: 1,297 Arc User
    Also it's comes free in your McNon Canon meal.

The Vengeance *is* a canon ship. Period.
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    It's a new ship. Like all other new ships, eventually the novelty will wear off and people will go back to playing their regular ships. So, yeah. Right now it is popular.​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    It's going to stay useful as long as T7 isn't introduced. Popularity may vary in the meantime :D
  • Options
    bernatkbernatk Member Posts: 1,089 Bug Hunter
    Well, I'm gathering my strength to actually acquire all 4 ships. If I can just procrastinate till january, then I could actually forget about JJ Trek and work on my proper prime timeline shipline...
    Comon CBS, january can't come soon enough...
    Just release some ship footage plz and no more JJ for me...
    Tck7dQ2.jpg
    Dahar Master Mary Sue                                               Fleet Admiral Bloody Mary
  • Options
    nadiezjanadiezja Member Posts: 629 Arc User
    I'm planning on getting it, either after I finish grinding out other ship traits for the character who'll be using it or when a lobi sale hits.
  • Options
    bernatk wrote: »
    Well, I'm gathering my strength to actually acquire all 4 ships.

I wish you very good luck, sir. I got the Connie and the D4x pretty quickly, but the T'Laru... well, either the lockboxes decided I had enough luck for a lifetime or my romulan character is under a spell. 100+ boxes opened, everything but the ship in there :/

• Options
    salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    zero2362 wrote: »
    ...In fact I cant remember ever seeing so many people flying one specific lobi/lockbox ship before
    You must be new around here then. The Jem'Hadar Dreadnought used to be ubiquitous around ESD.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    zero2362 wrote: »
    ...In fact I cant remember ever seeing so many people flying one specific lobi/lockbox ship before
    You must be new around here then. The Jem'Hadar Dreadnought used to be ubiquitous around ESD.

They still keep showing up here and there. Dominion has a strong fanboy-fellowship.
  • Options
    daedalus304daedalus304 Member Posts: 1,049 Arc User
    bergins wrote: »

2. Designed by Sherlock Holmes
    3. The ship that almost blew away the USS Abominationprise

I might get one someday, for any of these reasons.

this, a million times this.
  • Options
    breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    It makes sense that you see a bunch of them around.

It's a full-feature Intel Dreadnought Cruiser...
    ...which makes ideal use of the Cmdr Eng/Intel by replacing TRIBBLE Cmdr Eng options with awesome Cmdr Intel
    ...and has Gather Intel mechanics
    ...and has a Cloak
    ...and has a hangar unique pets
    ...and has a decent Starship Trait/Console

It has its own subset of fans...
    ...that really liked the more action-y version of Star Trek
    ...or at least the ship design
    ...which looks more "Intel" than "Flattened Tron" when compared to the C-Store Intel Ships
    ...yet can still be used as a bottle opener, and equip the Aegis Shield

It's cheaper than the KT Constitution...
    ...because you can purchase it directly for Lobi
    ...even if you don't win a KT Constitution gambling on KT Lock Boxes
    ...which you shouldn't be doing, since you can actually choose your rewards from the Infinity Lock Box
    ...and the KT Constitution is a Heavy Command Cruiser, rather than Intel
    ...though if you're a KT fan, you can't lord your "T6 Connie" over the TOS fans (that wanted one so badly it became a FCT)
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    ...even if you don't win a KT Constitution gambling on KT Lock Boxes
    ...which you shouldn't be doing, since you can actually choose your rewards from the Infinity Lock Box

The KT-lockbox-Contents are NOT in the Infinity-lockboxes. They will be added in when the NEXT Infinity-lockbox hits and will only be in those boxes acquired after their release. So the current Infinity-Lockbox only contains everything that was before the Na'Kuhl-lockbox-Contents.
    Post edited by redeyedraven on
  • Options
    fiberteksyfirfiberteksyfir Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Its a souped up avenger/arbiter, which is the long standing fed offensive cruiser champion and it has a pretty good trait, so it was bound to be popular. I snagged one myself and it is pretty sick, well deserving of its popularity
  • Options
    salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    The KT-lockbox-Contents are NOT in the Infinity-lockboxes. They will be added in when the NEXT Infinity-lockbox hits and will only be in those boxes acquired after their release. so the current I-Lockbox only contains everything up to the Na'Kuhl-lockbox-Contents.
    It's actually 2 infinity lock boxes from now as the previous Na'kuhl contents were not in the current infinity box.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    The KT-lockbox-Contents are NOT in the Infinity-lockboxes. They will be added in when the NEXT Infinity-lockbox hits and will only be in those boxes acquired after their release. so the current I-Lockbox only contains everything up to the Na'Kuhl-lockbox-Contents.
    It's actually 2 infinity lock boxes from now as the previous Na'kuhl contents were not in the current infinity box.

Oh... you're darn right there. Thanks for pointing it out :)