test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

SFD memorial for Anton Yelchin!

p3nnyw1se#1639 p3nnyw1se Member Posts: 37 Arc User
after the canceling of the previously planned memorial service

for Anton Yelchin, SFD is stepping up to the plate to honor our fallen.

the right honorable @nabreeki has volunteered to host a memorial service for

mr. Anton yelchin on July 21st at 7:30PM CDT. all are invited and please wear

something colorful to honor the memory of our fallen camrade. also please

bring party favors to celebreate the life of a wonderful human being.

more details to follow.

//EDIT by Askray to remove certain lines that can be seen as baiting.
Post edited by askray on

Comments

• Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    Will there be a separate area designated where those of us who do not like bright lights and party music at memorials can gather, or is that something all attendees must be willing to accept?
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    gitmomoneysongitmomoneyson Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    cool, usually when dental hosts a party, they have prizes. Can't wait!
  • Options
    siliconpsychosiliconpsycho Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    I just love the thinly veiled snide openly directed to other players, whose actions were themselves influenced by this group. And then the deliciously ironic use of very formal phrasing about each other to make them sound more important than they actually are.
  • Options
    nabreeki wrote: »
    I wasn't going to advertise this so soon after the last thread was closed, but indeed -- there will be an event this Thursday, the 21st, at 7:30 pm EDT and there will be a ship giveaway accompanying said event.

As for location, I will take suggestions: Starfleet Dental recognizes anyone and everyone's right to mourn/celebrate/express remembrance as they see fit and if someone can recommend a location appropriate for the occasion, I'll roll with it.

If you don't like memorial spheres, then you can stand away from the main celebration. If you want to celebrate the life of a bright young actor, then you're definitely welcome to do so without judgment.

If you can give absolute assurance that those who view disco balls as highly disrespectful during a memorial will not have their own area party bombed, at least by anyone in, or associated with, your armada, I'll attend. You like to claim the disco balls are not meant as trolling, this is your chance to prove it.
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    no D4x or t'laru? if you're offering half the current kelvin ships available, might as well offer the other half too​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    no D4x or t'laru? if you're offering half the current kelvin ships available, might as well offer the other half too​​

the prizes being offered are being donated by fleet members.

if someone donates those ships you mentioned they will be offered too.
  • Options

btw, would YOU like to donate anything to the pot?
  • Options
    tacticalrooktacticalrook Member Posts: 810 Arc User
    @nabreeki

Tactical Rook's Endowment for Women (TREW) pledges to donate 5 leeches to the memorial celebration prize pool, in Anton Yelchin's name.
    /channel_join grind
  • Options
    salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    @nabreeki

As an Academy member, I would like to donate the following.

(1) Kemocite-Laced Weaponry I Training Manual
    (1) Kemocite-Laced Weaponry II Training Manual
    (1) Kemocite-Laced Weaponry III Training Manual

Please message me in-game to communicate where to transmit these items.

@salazarraze
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    How many people can there be invited on the Kelvin Timeline Heavy Command Cruiser bridge? That is the closest thing to an appropriate location for Anton Yelchin. Although, the Spock Memorial on Vulcan could work.

As far as no Disco Balls go, it is a visual representation of the celebration of a person's life. Wakes have always seemed to be a better way to celebrate someone who has passed on compared to the depressing nature of funerals. I assume there will be plenty of Romulan Ale and Bloodwine to honor his life.
  • Options
    spacebaronlinespacebaronline Member Posts: 1,103 Arc User
    I will be there. Going to have to find a nice dress. Oh if only cryptic would allow the skant for male officers, it's canon after all
  • Options
    I wasn't going to advertise this so soon after the last thread was closed, but indeed -- there will be an event this Thursday, the 21st, at 7:30 pm EDT and there will be a ship giveaway accompanying said event.

As for location, I will take suggestions: Starfleet Dental recognizes anyone and everyone's right to mourn/celebrate/express remembrance as they see fit and if someone can recommend a location appropriate for the occasion, I'll roll with it.

If you don't like memorial spheres, then you can stand away from the main celebration. If you want to celebrate the life of a bright young actor, then you're definitely welcome to do so without judgment.

If you can give absolute assurance that those who view disco balls as highly disrespectful during a memorial will not have their own area party bombed, at least by anyone in, or associated with, your armada, I'll attend. You like to claim the disco balls are not meant as trolling, this is your chance to prove it.

I don't have anything to prove, honestly. Since SFD is hosting the event, nothing will be considered "highly disrespectful" by the organizers, but I will set a specific area of the zone as a "celebration-free zone".

I appreciate your consideration, thank you.
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    How do we register for entry into the prize draw ?

Nice offerings from Dental as usual. I'll drop in for a little bit to celebrate a great life lived.

Will there be any contests ? Or is this just purely a gathering and celebration ?
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,358 Arc User
    Here are the current prizes being offered on Thursday. The number may grow as the week continues, but this is what's up for grabs:

5x Plasmonic Leech

1x Kelvin Timeline Federation Uniform

1x Tholian Tarantula Dreadnought Cruiser

1x Kelvin Timeline Intel Dreadnought Cruiser

And, the grand prize of the night:

1x Kelvin Timeline Heavy Command Cruiser

Interesting prices, but to use a memorial as a lottery and promotional activity (in this case for Dental) rubs me the wrong way.
    No participation here.

This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    I'm hoping to be there just depends on work
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

• Options
    shanksboyshanksboy Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    Your enthusian and generosity to the game and players alike need to be applauded SFD......I hope to be able to make the event and celebrate this actors short but wonderful life and career. Thank You Dental
  • Options
    questerius wrote: »
    Here are the current prizes being offered on Thursday. The number may grow as the week continues, but this is what's up for grabs:

5x Plasmonic Leech

1x Kelvin Timeline Federation Uniform

1x Tholian Tarantula Dreadnought Cruiser

1x Kelvin Timeline Intel Dreadnought Cruiser

And, the grand prize of the night:

1x Kelvin Timeline Heavy Command Cruiser

Interesting prices, but to use a memorial as a lottery and promotional activity (in this case for Dental) rubs me the wrong way.
    No participation here.

Nabreeki agreed to designate as non-party ball area, so if all goes well this could be the first player event that allows both sides of the fence to gather together peacefully in remembrance of someone who was taken away too soon. For that, I support this event, and am considering making a donation myself.
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    That's half 12 at night. That's a bit of a shame. But then again I'm not organising it am I?​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    artan42 wrote: »
    That's half 12 at night. That's a bit of a shame. But then again I'm not organising it am I?​​

Yeah, I thought about that while planning, but I couldn't swing it at any other time during the day. I'll be out most of the weekend as well so can't do it then. Apologies for those across the pond.

Well it's not really necessary to apologise. Due to time zones there's always going to be one side of the world that's fast asleep during community events.

I'll probably just be watching 09 and ID as a tribute instead.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
This discussion has been closed.