test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Next arc is the Mirror Universe?

Comments

• nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    nightken wrote: »
    snip
    Except you are ignoring the fact its a predestination paradox which has no actual beginning. We only go back in time because the Iconians attacked us first. Time is not linear, stop acting like it is.

Except, again, its a predestination paradox. the federation existed because it was the Feds, Klinks, and Roms, who went back in time and made the choice. Kagran was the assigned leader of the Alliances forces, and was thus the representative of all three factions.

Its not the Federation's job to root out the Undine as there was no solid proof the Undine had taken over, and even if there was, the only action the Federation could take is what they did, attempted negotiations. The Federation involvement in the affair was their attempts to get their allies the Klingons to avoid a bloody war, once the Klingons left the accords, the Federation had no involvement.

Who says we let it? Daniels is a temporal operative, there was nothing we could have done to stop him.

Because creating an open paradox could destroy time itself, killing everyone.

alright time isn't linear.

lets go with moral. I'll take the slow way

do you do evil to stop the greater evil or do you remain just?

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
    alright time isn't linear.

lets go with moral. I'll take the slow way

do you do evil to stop the greater evil or do you remain just?
    Thats a rather pointless question as no evil was committed to stop a greater evil.

humor me, please?

so remain just then?

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
    humor me, please?

so remain just then?
    No, I will not egange in debate over hypothetical issues of morality and ethics. If you have a point to make, make it.

I am, but I have found people respond better when walked to the answer then when told it. and don't worry there isn't a debate to be had .

besides you started this one when you said the feds are squeakily clean. or did you mean hygiene? boy, that would be embarrassing for me.

I am, but I have found people respond better when walked to the answer then when told it. and don't worry there isn't a debate to be had .

besides you started this one when you said the feds are squeakily clean. or did you mean hygiene? boy, that would be embarrassing for me.
    Then make it.

No, you started it when you went on your increasingly long diversionary tangent where you have constantly tried to change the original arguments being made.

If you have a point make it, because, so far, you have yet to provide any substantial argument that the Federation in any way wasn't morally clean this whole time.

again I'm trying to your not letting me. and I have not, I have said the whole time the federation has been party to unclean acts while listing said unclean acts. therefore is unclean as well. you reply the time whole has nah ah, no they haven't.

now, please answer the question. so I can walk you though the logic.

again I'm trying to your not letting me. and I have not, I have said the whole time the federation has been party to unclean acts while listing said unclean acts. therefore is unclean as well.

you reply the time whole has nah ah, no they haven't.
    Except you aren't, your going into a pointless tangent about hypothetical, make the point or stop trying to argue a point you have no intention of making.

Actually my reply thus far has been pointing out how each of those acts weren't "unclean" but direct moral and ethical responses to being attacked by another power first. So far YOUR responses have been
    -Time is linear
    -The federation didn't exist at the time they sent people back in time too, so that means those people can't represent the Federation from the time they were sent from.
    -Divergent tangents on hypotheticals about morality.

Make a solid point or don;t bother.

ok time isn't linear, so no event happened, first yes?

• sylveriareldensylveriarelden Member Posts: 531 Arc User
    I had originally hoped that the Mirror Universe would be an expansive region similar to the prime universe but the alternate reality version of it, rather than a few instanced episode areas. Perhaps they'll expand it eventually- or perhaps it's cost-prohibitive for them to spend that much time developing it all.

Such an area would benefit everyone, I think- no matter what faction/race you play, as you'd be able to freely explore the area much as you can the current regions. Think of it as a dimensional portal.

Anyway, I don't believe faction/race specific arcs are in everyone's best interests, as it's exclusive by its own nature- and also becomes tedious for them to maintain it eventually. Ultimately, the goal if they're planning on focusing more on the PvE aspects of developing the game, you'd want a more unified approach rather than an exclusive one. (Romulans, for example)

They're going to do what they're going to do- regardless of anyone's input, I suppose. We can either accept it or reject it, but whining about it isn't going to change a damned thing.
    It's not you- it's me. I just need my space.

Being critical doesn't take skill. Being constructively critical- which is providing alternative solutions or suggestions to a demonstrated problem, however, does.
    I had originally hoped that the Mirror Universe would be an expansive region similar to the prime universe but the alternate reality version of it, rather than a few instanced episode areas. Perhaps they'll expand it eventually- or perhaps it's cost-prohibitive for them to spend that much time developing it all.

Such an area would benefit everyone, I think- no matter what faction/race you play, as you'd be able to freely explore the area much as you can the current regions. Think of it as a dimensional portal.

Anyway, I don't believe faction/race specific arcs are in everyone's best interests, as it's exclusive by its own nature- and also becomes tedious for them to maintain it eventually. Ultimately, the goal if they're planning on focusing more on the PvE aspects of developing the game, you'd want a more unified approach rather than an exclusive one. (Romulans, for example)

They're going to do what they're going to do- regardless of anyone's input, I suppose. We can either accept it or reject it, but whining about it isn't going to change a damned thing.
    I doubt they would make a Mirror Universe playable map or anything.

From what we see in the Star trek TV shows, the MU is basically the same as the normal one except humans are ****.

There really wouldn't be anything new there, in fact, due to the Terrans habit of killing everyone and thing they cant conquer, there would be even less in the MU
    ok time isn't linear, so no event happened, first yes?
    Make a point or stop, trying to lead people on with a series of rhetorical questions only makes any argument you could make seem hollow.

again I am trying and trying in a way the we can be I'm not twisting any words so please ether allow me to make a point or stop asking for one.

again I am trying and trying in a way the we can be I'm not twisting any words so please ether allow me to make a point or stop asking for one.
    Asking questions is not making a point, its asking a question. State what you think or get out of my thread since you obviously aren't here for civil discourse.

I think there is none to be had with you at least, but as you wish I'll bow out here, have a good day/night sir/ma'am.

• artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    artan42 wrote: »
    Tholian/Breen alliance with So'na and True Way meat puppets.
    A. So'na are in the Beta quad
    B. They stopped existing after the movie they were in when they decided to go back to the planet they came from.
    C. GOD NO LETS US FORGET THAT GOD AWFUL MOVIE

Their homeworld is in the BQ but as they were allies of the Dominion they have to have territory in either Cardassian or Breen space in the AQ.
    They also have a minor empire with Tarlac and Ellora and probably Ba'ku subjects.

'Penumbra' is set after 'Insurrection' where the So'na are now more or less full members of the Dominion.

I hate that film (it's the second worst after V) but the So'na are mildly interesting and their ships are, however, awsome.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • schloopdooschloopdoo Member Posts: 373 Arc User
    thay8472 wrote: »
    heh I hope we get to be our Mirror counterparts during this 'Mirror Arc'

I'd love a "The Enemy Within" style mission, where Evil You is running around in your ship's interior and you have to stop him/her/it.

If you have a Lobi store ship, you and Evil You just chase each other around the bridge.

• legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    gradii wrote: »
    thay8472 wrote: »
    gradii wrote: »
    I want a mirror mission where you FIGHT your mirror self, and maybe even get captured and tortured by them before your daring escape.

What about being the Mirror version torturing your character for various reasons?

How would they explain that in the story? Your character has an eerie out of body experience as somoene else?

then afterwards you could be all shocked dealing with the memory of yourself being evil and torturing your real self which is you- none of that makes sense but it would be interesting.

they could do like they did with shattered universe - a consciousness swap​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • challenger1243challenger1243 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I think Mirror Leeta is going for Kelvin timeline or Abrams universe that's my guess sees it as easy pickin's
  • gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    tousseau wrote: »
    "gradii wrote:

How would they explain that in the story? Your character has an eerie out of body experience as somoene else?

then afterwards you could be all shocked dealing with the memory of yourself being evil and torturing your real self which is you- none of that makes sense but it would be interesting.

An Orb experience, either on DS9 or Bajor?

Better idea, your mirror self steals the orb and it malfunctions somehow, or they try to use it to "assist" in your interrogation but things don't go as planned.

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    My guesses are the Undines, the Herek/Feklri, the machine race that made Vy'er.
  • lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    It could be multiple enemies.