test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Aftershocks

pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
Leeta paced in front of her command chair as the I.S.S. Enterprise returned to her universe.

“Useless! All of them!”

~Morrigan "LaughingTrendy"

Comments

• Options
    captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    Shocking. Positively shocking.

I do like the final couple of lines.

See you on Risa.
    I need a beer.

• Options
    dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    *grinning madly*

Whetu, eh? And Leeta's rebelled against the Emperor, launching a campaign of conquest... this could be interesting...

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Heh...
    That Bee-otch is Crazy like a Fox!

https://youtu.be/jofNR_WkoCE

B)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    Who does she want to meet? Q? The Borg? The Dominion?
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    Complaining that the others didn't 'pull their weight' when you keep running away from the fight yourself.

Leeta is almost getting as boring and dumb as Hakeev. Since an enemy should never be over-used, certainly not after withdrawing from countless fights, can't we just kill her already? ;)
  • Options
    edited July 2016

The Correct Answer is C ...

All of the above

<chuckle>
    B)
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
  • Options
    dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    Terran against Terrans, looks like the start of a playable faction to me :wink:

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
  • Options

The Deferi.

Leeta is in desperate need of some balance. She's way too unstable.
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    Calling it now. Iotians.

Leeta wants a piece of the action.​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    iconians wrote: »
    Calling it now. Iotians.

Leeta wants a piece of the action.​​

Heh...
    Leeta wants ALL of the Action!
    And She want's it NAOW!!

https://youtu.be/TRTkCHE1sS4

B)
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,395 Arc User
    You know what we need? A Leeta Vs Sela fight.

Let them kill each other while T'Ket watches.

I only have one complaint about this blog: isn't this a bit too early to spoil what happens at you-know-where? Not everyone went through all the new missions already. Heck, some people are even arguing about who the Envoy is, which means they haven't played the conclusion of Future Proof yet.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    cuchulainn74cuchulainn74 Member Posts: 831 Arc User
    Leeta is just fantastic! The most absolutely bat-$#!& crazy villain in the most wonderfully over the top way. First you think she's just insane, then she shows cunning behind it all. Never underestimate that one.
    Fleet Admiral CuChulainn - U.S.S. Aegis KT Intel Dreadnought Cruiser
    vGdvFsX.jpg

• Options
    bioixibioixi Member Posts: 764 Arc User
    You are overusing mirror Leeta. DS9 also had that problem. You can't keep bring back the same foe again and again and again after defeating it countless times. This is not a DC comic. It breaks realism, because mirror Leeta seems to have near limitless ships. We defeated her fleet twice, not counting the badlands battlezone and it's still "the largest fleet in the mirror universe".
  • Options
    zerokillcf2011zerokillcf2011 Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    You know what we need? A Leeta Vs Sela fight.

Let them kill each other while T'Ket watches.

I only have one complaint about this blog: isn't this a bit too early to spoil what happens at you-know-where? Not everyone went through all the new missions already. Heck, some people are even arguing about who the Envoy is, which means they haven't played the conclusion of Future Proof yet.

It's all relative.....until YOU just wrote THAT......I still didn't know, as I've been intentionally not doing those missions until my new TOS char gets there. That BLOG didn't actually "spoil" anything......

• Options
    edited July 2016
    bioixi wrote: »
    You are overusing mirror Leeta. DS9 also had that problem. You can't keep bring back the same foe again and again and again after defeating it countless times. This is not a DC comic. It breaks realism, because mirror Leeta seems to have near limitless ships. We defeated her fleet twice, not counting the badlands battlezone and it's still "the largest fleet in the mirror universe".

Well if all the moronic behaviour is to be taken as the standard behaviour in the MU, then it could be perfectly possible that Leeta's fleet is still the largest one over there. Cause it would mean that all the other mirror fools have lost as many or possibly even more ships from their fleets, for example, when their captains/admirals wanted to play alpha (fe)male. ;)

Either way, I completely agree that it's becoming difficult to take them serious. When it does come to our final confrontation with her, she'll likely make the same impression as Hakeev in Cutting the Cord: desperately trying to hold on to power, while already having lost so much of it that it's getting a bit sad and you'd almost feel sorry for her.

Edit: basically, the main impression the whole Mirror Universe has had on me is that they're all a bunch of incompetent fools that we shouldn't concern ourselves too much with. They'll destroy themselves one day, no need to worry about it. :)
  • Options
    megawolf0megawolf0 Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    When we do defeat her and she still tries to control what little she has won't surprise me if someone on her own crew suddenly stabs her in the back and simply smile saying "I've been waiting for this moment."

Yea I'm thinking those under her command are simply waiting to strike at her as they see she is nuts and will lead them to ruin.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    This is Cryptic. They're primarily known for superhero MMOs, so a lot of design choices are made from that mindset because it's what they know best.

Mirror Leeta could easily be thrown into a Champions Online or City of Heroes storyarc at this point and I couldn't tell the difference, except for the Terran Empire insignia on her.​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    What? Nerada is from the 29th Century? Leeta is from the 25th?

Why would she respond to a command from the Emperor in the 25th century when he's just sent out X order to every ship in the Terran fleet?
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    antonine3258antonine3258 Member Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    Leeta does have the base-covering expected of any techno-barbarian queen in the Mirror Universe, I approve.

And since Mirror Whetu got referenced, are we getting T6 Mirror ships for more shipyard reports? :)
    Fate - protects fools, small children, and ships named Enterprise Will Riker

Member Access Denied Armada!

My forum single-issue of rage: Make the Proton Experimental Weapon go for subsystem targetting!
  • Options
    cuchulainn74cuchulainn74 Member Posts: 831 Arc User
    So let's see, what species would Mirror Leeta find so intriguing, with whom the Empire hadn't yet made contact? The Dominion? Ocampa? Undine? I don't know Mirror history enough to say who they haven't contacted.
    Fleet Admiral CuChulainn - U.S.S. Aegis KT Intel Dreadnought Cruiser
    vGdvFsX.jpg

• Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    thay8472 wrote: »

Why would she respond to a command from the Emperor in the 25th century when he's just sent out X order to every ship in the Terran fleet?
    Because Leeta got time travel tech from Noye, as explained in the Terran reputation logs, and in the new missions.

All time travel ships are part of Leeta's fleet.

I never understood that, even with time travel and Bajoran space magic, she never beat the Emperor?
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    zerokillcf2011zerokillcf2011 Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    Who is the Terran Emperor these days? Got so confused with post DS9 books, etc. Who did Cryptic go with?
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    i don't know who cryptic went with, but i'm going with traveler-empowered wesley crusher...which is why he's still emperor and not leeta - even the pah-wraiths can't match the power of the traveler

or it could be khan, or gary mitchell, or any of those superhumans from TOS/early TNG​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    Empress Leeta does have a nice ring to it... 0,o?
  • Options
    nebfabnebfab Member Posts: 672 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    dirlettia wrote: »
    Terran against Terrans, looks like the start of a playable faction to me :wink:

Please no. For very good reasons we'll never get any full evil goatee playable Terrans and when we won't, the whining and rage about the Romulan Republic not being "real Romulans" would seem like good old days.

As for Leeta being unhinged and hard to take seriously... I strongly suspect we aren't meant to. @iconians has a very good point about her being basically a comic book supervillain (not that Trek itself hadn't had generous helpings of H-A-A-A-A-A-AM!) and that's exactly that makes her actually entertaining, for me, anyway.
  • Options

Because Leeta got time travel tech from Noye, as explained in the Terran reputation logs, and in the new missions.

All time travel ships are part of Leeta's fleet.

I never understood that, even with time travel and Bajoran space magic, she never beat the Emperor?

I think I saw this movie before. She ends up throwing the Emperor down a bottomless shaft at the cost of her own life and redeems herself.​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    bioixibioixi Member Posts: 764 Arc User
    So let's see, what species would Mirror Leeta find so intriguing, with whom the Empire hadn't yet made contact? The Dominion? Ocampa? Undine? I don't know Mirror history enough to say who they haven't contacted.

Undine, maybe, but if I recall correctly the MU terran empire conquered their entire galaxy after defeating the Iconians, I think that was on a blog post or maybe the terran rep logs, so I doubt it's any of the well known powers like the Dominion, the Voth or the Borg, but it might be one of the nigh omnipotent species we've seen in TOS or TNG.