Install Arc
Options

Marks... Marks... and more Marks.

2»

Comments

• Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    i haven't seen ANY red alerts since the expansion launched​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    kylethetruekylethetrue Member Posts: 205 Arc User
    I agree. Convert older marks to Generic marks.
    "Thou shalt respect the weak and shalt constitute thyself defender of them."
    -3rd Commmandment of Chivalry
    FAWhard_zpsssqnai1l.jpg
  • Options
    sqwishedsqwished Member Posts: 1,475 Bug Hunter
    i haven't seen ANY red alerts since the expansion launched

Was running Tholian and Borg yesterday, but as other have said, the Na'kuhl haven't been around since AoY went live. Hopefully it's merely an oversight and they'll be returned to the game.​​
    Oh, it's not broken? We can soon fix that!

• Options
    bernatkbernatk Member Posts: 1,089 Bug Hunter
    saedeith wrote: »
    I wish they would just go to a universal mark system. One mark to rule them all. I would see why they wouldn't do it but it's a pita to efficiently get certain marks. Iconian, I'm looking at you. At least I haven't figured out an efficient way to get them.
    kobali ground 60 a day. and it's5 or 10 after that.. and you can get 30 through nakul red alerts

Tru dat. Also 2 elite marks per day. So don't blow eggs or monkeys on iconian or delta marks.

Use them for temporal or terran marks.
    Tck7dQ2.jpg
    Dahar Master Mary Sue                                               Fleet Admiral Bloody Mary
  • Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,769 Arc User
    More mark systems is better. I am against any move that make reputation marks more fungible.

Buy marks.
    These...
    mark_west_germany.jpg
    ...or these kind?
    Famous-People-Named-Mark-1.jpg
    Personally, I want to go back to the Quatloos system.
    Quatloo-Pile.jpg

Sorry. If I got way off the Mark on this post. :p
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • Options
    berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    @zedbrightlander1

You might have hit the mark, but you should worry about your reputation.
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    onetontoad wrote: »
    Maybe turn it into one mark type overall but the new content gives more...like maybe 150 opposed to old content 50?,I dunno..
    thats not a bad idea, having 1 mark for all the reps, with the new queues giving out more then the older ones.
  • Options
    asuran14asuran14 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    onetontoad wrote: »
    Maybe turn it into one mark type overall but the new content gives more...like maybe 150 opposed to old content 50?,I dunno..
    thats not a bad idea, having 1 mark for all the reps, with the new queues giving out more then the older ones.

except that still makes it that the harder and lower payout ques will be barren, and make it that even the ones that are played now might be left for that singular best payout que (cca or infect space) si8nce now you have one singularmark type for these older reps that once had specific sets of qes that you could run for their mark. Having multiple rep marks is not bad at all, it is just that you need a good number of methods of getting said marks that are pretty equal overall to stay alive, while also keeping the older reps alive thru content that is appealing for people to go back to do them for.

I would love to see as I have said rep-linked missions that have you need to complete either a single stf linked with that rep, or a set of stfs that gives you increased reward payouts from them, and also that would give you a chance to get some unique rep-linked rewards as well.