test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

~Really only 4 boring species for TOS faction?!?!

Comments

• Options
    bengahlbengahl Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    nikeix wrote: »
    And we're on to a SIXTH page of canon arguments in answer to a question about game design.

I'd rest my case but I feel like I'm not quite able to tear my eyes away from this train wreck for a few more days.

hey gotta have salt with the popcorn, neh?
  • Options
    nadiezjanadiezja Member Posts: 629 Arc User
    I like humans and Vulcans and Andorians are all right too. Tellarites have their fanbase.

If they want a limited species set (why? Who knows?), it's as rational a set as any.
  • Options
    scarlingscarling Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    This thread is the epitome of nerdom.
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    il_570xN.531039563_gika.jpg​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    shurkhemolightshurkhemolight Member Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    maxresdefault.jpg

Upcoming reports from GNN. It appears that Caitian never existed in the movies or TV series. Some speculate that they are in fact hamsters that were genetically manipulated to grant them human level intelligence and bipedal body construction for unknown purposes. Caitian bystanders appear to be outraged at this level of ignorance and demand for the UFP to acknowledge them as species of TOS era. This is GNN Quoting For The Truth.

yO75c-1457380469-embed-giphy_(3).gif

Lol, this is hilarious, if "I" had posted this you would be calling me a cat hater.

Ill speed that up forya, i dont like cats.

• Options
    terranempire#7881 terranempire Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    I grew up with dogs, but I love all animals. Even cats are loveable creatures. Humans on the other hand, not so much.
    tumblr_p30rz12vWH1qdb2vqo6_r1_540.gif
    "Great men are not peacemakers, Great men are conquerors!" - Captain Archer"
    "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
    #Support Mirror Universe I.S.S. Prefixes
  • Options
    nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    I'm going to make a highly exciting human captain. It's going to be so...Zzz. Sorry I fell asleep there. I suppose it doesn't matter since these characters are disposable. At least most people I know only plan on using their temporal agents for the rewards.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    nikephorus wrote: »
    I'm going to make a highly exciting human captain. It's going to be so...Zzz. Sorry I fell asleep there. I suppose it doesn't matter since these characters are disposable. At least most people I know only plan on using their temporal agents for the rewards.

A lot less disposable than Delta Recruits due to one of the better rewards requires getting to Tier 5 in every reputation.
  • Options
    I grew up with dogs, but I love all animals. Even cats are loveable creatures. Humans on the other hand, not so much.

Holy **** we agree on somehthing, i still dont like cats.

• Options
    terranempire#7881 terranempire Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    Am I suppose to care?
    tumblr_p30rz12vWH1qdb2vqo6_r1_540.gif
    "Great men are not peacemakers, Great men are conquerors!" - Captain Archer"
    "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
    #Support Mirror Universe I.S.S. Prefixes
  • Options
    officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    An update to the OP....

After some research i found that the Talaxian race was announced on Oct. 30th 2014, two weeks AFTER Delta Rising expansion released on Oct. 14th 2014.
    I could not find what date they announced Lib borg romulans around the release of Legacy of Romulus expansion on May 21st 2013.

So that means there is a hope and a chance TOS could get a lifer race after the fact. I have faith they will deliver. I just hope its within 6 weeks.
  • Options
    jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    You and me both. I rather doubt they'll leave us without a new Lifer species. There's a chance, yes, but it would run counter to established pattern.

What I fear is the implementation. They seem rather set on the Federation Quadrinity, so part of me is thinking a new lifer race may be made but only available for the other three factions. Which would be silly, but somehow rings as not entirely impossible.
  • Options
    officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    Thank you?
  • Options
    An update to the OP....

After some research i found that the Talaxian race was announced on Oct. 30th 2014, two weeks AFTER Delta Rising expansion released on Oct. 14th 2014.
    I could not find what date they announced Lib borg romulans around the release of Legacy of Romulus expansion on May 21st 2013.

So that means there is a hope and a chance TOS could get a lifer race after the fact. I have faith they will deliver. I just hope its within 6 weeks.

I think it was a week or two before Legacy of Romulus was released when information about Liberated Borg Romulans came out. I created a Liberated Borg Romulan the day the expansion came out.

Personally, I will create a Temporal Agent on Wednesday and set it aside for if a new Lifer race comes out. Most of my time will be spent on getting Temporal Marks and not slotting a single Equipment project until my TOS character has maxed out their Reputations.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    jexsamx wrote: »
    You and me both. I rather doubt they'll leave us without a new Lifer species. There's a chance, yes, but it would run counter to established pattern.

What I fear is the implementation. They seem rather set on the Federation Quadrinity, so part of me is thinking a new lifer race may be made but only available for the other three factions. Which would be silly, but somehow rings as not entirely impossible.
    I'm hoping for Violaceans... they're basically purple people and visually distinctive.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    bengahlbengahl Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    Now, i think the question is "why isn't [X] race in AoY", i think the better one would be.. "will there be anything along the lines of c-store races, and ones already unlocked via the C-store like the Caitians available to ToS Federation?"

That said, Cryptic's kinda living up to their name when it comes to the finer details of the expansion. still, not long to go now.
  • Options
    bengahl wrote: »
    Now, i think the question is "why isn't [X] race in AoY", i think the better one would be.. "will there be anything along the lines of c-store races, and ones already unlocked via the C-store like the Caitians available to ToS Federation?"

That said, Cryptic's kinda living up to their name when it comes to the finer details of the expansion. still, not long to go now.

Cryptic has always been cryptic.
  • Options
    gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User

I'm hoping for Violaceans... they're basically purple people and visually distinctive.

do they have ears? Vezkarians are purple and lack ears. much better.

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • Options
    schloopdooschloopdoo Member Posts: 373 Arc User
    My Tribble test server 23rd Century toon was the first Human I've ever created, but I've quickly come to love him, and look forward to bringing Captain Hank Chincastle to the live servers on the 6th.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    gradii wrote: »

do they have ears? Vezkarians are purple and lack ears. much better.
    Were Vezkarians seen in TOS? I know Violaceans are part of STO already. You meet them at the Babel Conference.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    Am I suppose to care?

Lol more laughs, you thought i thought you cared.

• Options
    kelshandokelshando Member Posts: 887 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    I wonder why trill were not allowed.. in the DS9 ep Trials and Tribble-ations does take place in the TOS era and Jadzia Dax says that she knew Dr. Macoy when he was just a Lt. during a past life when she was on Earth judging a gymnastic contest.

It's a canon and its a TOS episode sort of... and it means that the Federation had contact with Trills early on to the point that they were on earth.
  • Options
    dykerasdykeras Member Posts: 326 Arc User
    All I have read so far is people stating ' I'm making a Tac' or 'I'm making a Sci character' ... No one making an Engineer? or are they the forgotten class?
  • Options
    bubblegirl2015bubblegirl2015 Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    I wouldn't mind paying some money on it...please add some more AOY species to the C store.​​
    Wiki editor http://sto.gamepedia.com
    Original STO beta tester.
  • Options
    posnamesystemposnamesystem Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    For as little screen time as the Tellarites got in TOS, they may as well have added these guys to the expansion.
    292?cb=20081215234656&path-prefix=en
    I'd play one... the one on the right I mean, I'm not crazy.....

But seriously, why all the talk of canon TOS? Do we want bridges that look like they're made of carved up kleenex boxes and klingons that look like Genghis Khan with a spray tan?
    443314_1279106694696_396_300.jpg

This guy who looks like all he needed was a change of clothes to play an amish homesteader on an episode of Gunsmoke filming down the street.
    tos9.jpg

Evolution is a good thing.
  • Options
    sleel43sleel43 Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    Qu'elle Suprise. The Founding Members being the only races available shortly after the founding. Will wonders never cease.
  • Options
    madhabmaticsmadhabmatics Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    But seriously, why all the talk of canon TOS? Do we want bridges that look like they're made of carved up kleenex boxes and klingons that look like Genghis Khan with a spray tan?
    443314_1279106694696_396_300.jpg

This guy who looks like all he needed was a change of clothes to play an amish homesteader on an episode of Gunsmoke filming down the street.
    tos9.jpg

Yes.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,571 Arc User
    I already have three Engineers, four Science, and five Tactical across all three current Factions.

Will probably roll a Human Science for TOS.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    starcruiser#3423 starcruiser Member Posts: 1,234 Arc User
    Will they be adding lifetime perks for another species? These are boring...​​
  • Options
    undedavengerundedavenger Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    No alien species = fail to me. The alien option gives us so much more flexibility.

Seriously, any reason why alien is not an option?!?!?
    Nothing breaks the tension better than a tankard of warnog - except maybe a good brawl...