test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Season 11.5 bug, overflow bag

124»

Comments

• kestrel5kestrel5 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    I am unable to delete this extra ghost ship from my overflow bag. I have the same Xindi Carrier ship too. You cannot claim or delete or log out/in to see if it works. Also the text chat to empty loot doesn't work either.
  • gerwalk0769gerwalk0769 Member Posts: 1,095 Arc User
    From what I'm reading there was a fix on tribble. I just checked on Holodeck and I still have some duplicate items in my overflow bag. I really cannot play the game anymore as I do not have the inventory space to move the duplicates to, in order to open R&D and daily mark packages.
    Joined STO in September 2010.
  • yolduryoldur Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    After the patch today, I can open boxes and reward packs in my inventory, but all the duplicated items in overflow bag are still there. Seems like there are even more now, like a couple of unique boffs such as the Breen one. So it's only half fixed, still waiting.
  • tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,669 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    yoldur wrote: »
    After the patch today, I can open boxes and reward packs in my inventory, but all the duplicated items in overflow bag are still there. Seems like there are even more now, like a couple of unique boffs such as the Breen one. So it's only half fixed, still waiting.

I don't think they intend to delete the extra items, you need to delete the ones you don't want. I, too, ended up with one of my characters getting another dose of items, including the Breen BOff. I turned the Breen BOff into a manual as you can't have more than one of those in you candidate roster, and can't move the icon in you inventory. Rest of the stuff I double-checked to see that I already had one, and then dismissed the new duplicates.
    From what I'm reading there was a fix on tribble. I just checked on Holodeck and I still have some duplicate items in my overflow bag. I really cannot play the game anymore as I do not have the inventory space to move the duplicates to, in order to open R&D and daily mark packages.

You can move over items one by one into inventory if need be, or even into your Bank directly. It's a pain, but surely you have at least one item you could discard to make room (and you could even bring it back after you're done from the Retrieve tab of the Replicator, so long as you don't beam out/down or change space maps).
  • keletteskelettes Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Any news on what we can safely do with the duplicate items without messing up existing ones / sacrificing their reclaimability in the future? :S

My main also got with this inventory bug 2x duplicate admiralty ships and I see no way to remove them. :S No, I'm not talking about (1x) use ships.

U92zT4S.jpg

uPWrftB.jpg

Should I just wait or ask for in-game gm help?
    "Ad astra audacter eamus in alis fidelium."
    -
    "To boldly go to the stars on the wings of the faithful."
  • crypticspartan#0627 crypticspartan Member Posts: 847 Cryptic Developer
    You should be able to safely discard any duplicate copies that you do not want without causing issues.
  • keletteskelettes Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    You should be able to safely discard any duplicate copies that you do not want without causing issues.

Many thanks for the feedback :smile: 15 inventory space freed X)

Aaand the duplicate admiralty ships? What can I do with those? To the best of my knowledge I can't "dismiss" them. :S
    In-game gm ticket?
    "Ad astra audacter eamus in alis fidelium."
    -
    "To boldly go to the stars on the wings of the faithful."
  • captxpendablecaptxpendable Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    kelettes wrote: »

Many thanks for the feedback :smile: 15 inventory space freed X)

Aaand the duplicate admiralty ships? What can I do with those? To the best of my knowledge I can't "dismiss" them. :S
    In-game gm ticket?

Unless the Devs one day decide to take them away, I see no reason not to keep them and use them.
    "Let me guess, my theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters and you don't like my tie" - The Doctor

"Any sufficiently analyzed magic is indistinguishable from science!" -
    Agatha Heterodyne
  • scotsladscotslad Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    I'm getting really fed up with this overflow bag problem, i've even had items go into it when i've had the space in the main bag. Cryptic is so focused on making money that they can't fix this simple problem. Remove the overflow bag, simple and give everyone a free bag slots token then let the player deal with too much loot, sorted. Wonder if these bugs will be in the xbox one and PS4 versions of the game.
    I am not a complete idiot, just part of me is missing! I have Aspergers (Autistic Spectrum Disorder), I stick to the rules, if I see a glitch, I report it, if I see abuse I report it. This is me, this is how I am and cannot deviate from it to keep others happy. My characters Scott@tallon2k , Dillel@tallon2k ,Selu@tallon2k
    My personal site scotslad.webs.com
  • uryenserellonturyenserellont Member Posts: 858 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Will this be fixed any time soon? Two of my characters are affected and are quickly running out of inventory space with these r&d and mark boxes accumulating. One of them has an extra shard of possibilities, extra unique tribbles, an extra kobali boff, delta reinforcement beacon etc. in his overflow bag and over a dozen reward boxes waiting to be opened.

Scratch that, they ALL have duplicate items in their overflow bags, even the ones that aren't bugged.
    Post edited by uryenserellont on
  • darknessmutadarknessmuta Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    So devs is this bug ever going to get fixed? I now have a full inventory and stash and cannot open any boxes and with the Summer event coming it just means I may miss out on the summer ship.
  • sammiefightersammiefighter Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    If any one is still trapped the "bug" is now may be "working as intended" but not recognized in any patch note I can find

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/comment/12984031

*BEWARE DEV SOLUTION* Boxes are *destroyed* on discard and are not reclaimable as stated, as well as many high value items. Also if you crash items are destroyed. A user has some helpful tips part way down.

You may need to just destroy prizes you were awarded during the bug prize flood, and that were overflowed to this date to fix Cryptic's error.
  • kudessnik#9486 kudessnik Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    BUG with OVERFLOW Bag 200+ items Lukari Daily Bonus - got them instantly and cannot empty the Overflow Bag and cannot take any items from missions ets... cannot discard the also... PLS HELP!!!!!