What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Season 11.5 bug, overflow bag

Comments

• Options
    jarfarujarfaru Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    I also have this bug. Its the strangest bug i've seen so far. I have double sometimes triples of the same items. Some of them from my bank others from equipped item. Really annoying. Also i have missing hotkeys from ground weapons. Also hotkeys with the wrong icons for them. Icons are all mixed up.
  • Options
    smeeinn1tsmeeinn1t Member Posts: 618 Arc User
    Had the same with all sorts of things, switching chars sorted it out.​​
    V9BQ6SM.gif
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." — Lazarus Long --->Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    krypalkrypal Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    genemorph wrote: »
    The starship I'm flying seemed to have gotten copied and put in my overflow bag, but it can't be removed or deleted. Because it is there I can't open any reward boxes, including admiralty rewards. I'm running out of space.
    Exactly the smae problem as i am having...tried discarding tried accepting nothign works and i am at my last few bag slots so this character is pretty much useless atm
  • Options
    revsmithrevsmith Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    I'll pile on - I'm having the same issue, can't use anything in my bag because if there is something in my overflow bag, which it won't let me empty because my inventory is full (which it isn't)
  • Options
    keletteskelettes Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    jarfaru wrote: »
    Also i have missing hotkeys from ground weapons. Also hotkeys with the wrong icons for them. Icons are all mixed up.

Hit P to bring up your ability list.
    The "skills" you use to execute your ground attacks with your equipped weapon(s) are also in there :smile: Just drag them onto the tray again. Should be a one-time-thing / character.
    "Ad astra audacter eamus in alis fidelium."
    -
    "To boldly go to the stars on the wings of the faithful."
  • Options
    sgtfloydpepper#7911 sgtfloydpepper Member Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    Yup, I can't open my overflow bag, either.
    1xe027q.png
  • Options
    big68earlbig68earl Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    all of the items in my invatory were duplicated please fix.
  • Options
    diabolical91diabolical91 Member Posts: 194 Arc User
    and I cant open reward packs with stuff in my overflow used to before now I cant even do any pve's cause the box goes in my inv but no way to open an yes I know empty the bag but its got tons of stuff
  • Options
    valarauko43valarauko43 Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    I also got the items in overflow bag message and when opened it recieved an orange tabby cat (already opened in inventory), ophidian cane and shard of possibilities (already on two different BOs), and several other items that were already opened and in the bank or on BOs like a combat horta. I'm going to wait until Cryptic deletes these extra items because I don't want to lose my originals. In other words...Me too...what you guys said.
  • Options
    mike5ivemike5ive Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    I had issues with the overflow bag, and was not able to open reward packs. I as able to correct this issue by shutting down STO, then restarting STO. Logged into the toon that was having the issue. While on ground of K-7 I was able to retreive all the items in my overflow bag and was able to open the reward packs again.
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    genemorph wrote: »
    The starship I'm flying seemed to have gotten copied and put in my overflow bag, but it can't be removed or deleted. Because it is there I can't open any reward boxes, including admiralty rewards. I'm running out of space.

Same problem! I also fly the dauntless. :/

The character is basically useless for the time beeing.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    orbdamorbdam Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    My overflow bag was locked too but that got fixed by restarting the game. I found my overflow bag to be full of duplicates of my unique epic items and some intelligence boffs, among other things.​​
  • Options
    starshutter2starshutter2 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Have the same bug.
    Going to STF is pointless now. Even admiralty is pointless now - rewards like resourses or 1-time ships not unpacking and stucking in inventory
  • Options
    bughunter357bughunter357 Member Posts: 587 Arc User
    ayexeyen wrote: »
    Hi everybody.
    I can't open any reward pack neither receive the "Tour of duty Completion Reward Klingon Empire" (30k of dilithoum). The system is telling me the following "Unable to open reward packs with items in your overflow bag.

". I can't also open my overflow bag (that should be empty also).
    I think it's a bug. I don't know how to reproduce it since I logged with this problem.
    The only steps I can provide is to go to a battlezone, get a reward pack and try to open it. I can't and I am afraid that I will not be the only one.

I notice the overflow bag button tonight, I was able to open it and found duplicates of all my tribbles,non combat pets both space and ground and some BO's and other items most of which I had in my inventory or bank so the ones I did have I discarded and the ones I didn't I kept.
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    Same here, though nothing new to add.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    naharikajalnaharikajal Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    I do have the same problem. I am worried that I am loosing the original ones if delete the "duplicates" as well.
  • Options
    genemorphgenemorph Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    To clarify, there seems to be two categories of this problem:

(1) Having multiple duplicated items in your overflow bag, which seem to have a few workarounds available to sort it out.

(2) Having a Starship in you overflow bag that came from nowhere, to which there doesn't seem to be a workaround for.
  • Options
    krypalkrypal Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    Update after todays patch....no change...I still have a starship in my bag and its still going nowhere.
    Guess you didn't get around to fixing the bug then :(
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    We are looking into this issue. Thanks to everyone for the information.
    would it help if I gave you the list of things that I saw get duplicated?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    zeenatarzeenatar Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    zeenatar wrote: »
    "Overflow" is a nice idea except it doesn't act as an overflow should. With 54 free slots in my inventory, one would think I have enough room... For items to end up in overflow, it would require to get 54 items, let them all sit in my inventory (which, obviously, wasn't the case for this character), and them get a 55th item that would spawn an overflow...

I don't see how more than 54 items would suddenly appear in my inventory when I haven't done anything to explain such an avalanche of items. It was fine still up to a few days ago.

Why can't I even open the overflow?

I posted this in the other thread about overflow, though the other one's about accidentally a whole ship...

BUT! I tried the trick of shutting down the game and logging back in. I immediately went to the character that had the overflow issue. I was able to open the overflow bag.

It contained a flashlight. One, simple, flashlight.

/doublefacepalm
  • Options
    yeah most of my characters had that useless thing
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    captxpendablecaptxpendable Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    I had the problem that I couldn't move my overflow stuff to my inventory even though there was space. As soon as I sold off some loot though and made new space, it worked.
    "Let me guess, my theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters and you don't like my tie" - The Doctor

"Any sufficiently analyzed magic is indistinguishable from science!" -
    Agatha Heterodyne
  • Options
    Well, sometimes it has issues if you don't have enough room for all the stuff in overflow.several characters I've had to claim items in overflow individually and delete them (since they're annoying junk) to make room for stuff I actually want to have dupes of... like IDIC tribbles.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    fl219fl219 Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    I am still wonder what the overflow bag has to do with the price of tea in china? When you have ample space avaible in your inventory to open 10 of said items. It won't let me open the overflow bag either. So you all are not alone!
  • Options
    borg0vermindborg0vermind Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    I cannot open any type of reward item. The error is 'cannot open with items in the overflow bag'.
    In the bag, I have an unknown item called 'starship' which cannot be taken (invertory full error although it's empty) or discarded (nothing happens when discarding).
  • Options
    ayexeyenayexeyen Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    I don't know what happened but after the patch of yesterday I was able to open my overflow bag.
    It was full of special epic objects (ophidian cane, shard of possibilities, temporal flux generator, nukara and romulan tribbles...).
    I hope I didn't do a mistake but I empty the overflow bag and deleted the duplicate.

I really hope that the devs will not delete what I have now, for instance the shard of (im)possibilities is impossible to get now.
  • Options
    ktyrrellktyrrell Member Posts: 261 Arc User
    same here, Overflow Bag filled with unique items and lots of doffs
  • Options
    brok3nmindbrok3nmind Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Greetings - I'm in the "have a Starship thing in my overflow bag that i can't get rid of and as a result can't open any type of reward pack in my main inventory" camp

:)

Any idea of an incoming fix yet? Even with the additional inventory slots, it's only going to take a few more days of normal play for every single spare inventory slot to fill up!

Cheers,

B.